Established in 1946, Northwood Club is a premier country club located in the heart of North Dallas. Tucked quietly, yet conveniently near Interstate 635 and the Dallas North Tollway, the club provides all the facilities and events that professionals or families need to entertain, socialize and recreate.
General Purpose of Personal Trainer is to conduct personalized training sessions, motivate members, build membership relationships, increase fitness center usage and assist with the daily processes for front desk. Looking for part and full time positions, with flexible scheduling. Hours of fitness center range from 5:30am - 8:00pm daily.
- Comprehensive knowledge of fitness and exercise principles
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Schedule appointments for personal training
- Check members in, process charges to members’ accounts.
- Creativity, assertiveness, ability to inspire others
- Competence in fitness program design and implementation
- Knowledge of fitness equipment maintenance
- Knowledge of major health risk factors and reduction strategies
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
Education/Experience: College education; or Certification with up to five years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be experienced in conducting fitness assessments and have knowledge and be able to modify exercise and training for high risk members.
Language Skills: Must be able to communicate effectively, English is required to give instruction, print and speak.
Mathematical Skills: May be required: to add and subtract, use and create excel spreadsheets. Able to calculate metabolic and fitness information for members.
Reasoning Ability: May be required: to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one and two step instructions; to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Physical Demands: Must be in good physical condition to teach classes and use equipment. Frequently stands and walks; uses hands to finger, feel or handle; reach with hands and arms. Occasionally stoops, kneels, crawls, crouches, sits, talks or hears. Regularly lifts up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.
Vision Requirements: Regularly uses close, distance, color, and peripheral vision as well as depth perception. Ability to adjust focus.
Environment/Noise: Frequently works in air conditioned and heated conditions (non-weather). Regularly works inside. Noise level is moderate, but frequent noise from fitness equipment and machinery.
Certificates/Licenses: Must be at least age 18. Certification as a Health and Fitness Specialist/Coach/Trainer, CPR and First Aid.
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
- Ability to read and speak English are required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the employee may be required to communicate with English speaking members or co-workers, the manuals for equipment the employee may use are in English).