NORTHWOOD REALTY SERVICES Employee Reviews

its ok place to work
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Cranberry twp. PAAugust 30, 2017
working as a independent contractor. It is very friendly work environment, friendly people, modern office, but it is very difficult to start as a new sales person. Hard to get leads, no benefits.
Too many agents
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kittanning, PAJuly 28, 2017
They recruit to many agents to actually make a living . They want more agents because the more full time agents they have they have to pay higher commission splits so that is why they want as many agents as possible to keep the commission being paid out lower.. The owner wants to put as much money in his pocket not in the pockets of the ones who actually go out and do the selling..
Manager is Great
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Butler, PAJuly 27, 2017
I loved my Manager and he was ever so helpful. You are required to obtain your own clients and if you are new to the area it can be tough because there are so many agents in the area.
If you always wanted to be a real estate agent, choose Northwood
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Allison Park, PAJune 20, 2017
Northwood is the place to be as a new agent. Each office has strong support personnel and the company as a whole believe education is the key to success offering various forms of training thoughout the year.
Pros
Company support, Professional Development
nice people, great office
I worked part time as receptionist/admin (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAJune 14, 2017
I would still be working there if we didn't move south. The agents were friendly and helpful. It was only 5 minutes from my home. This job added to my experiences since it was the first time I'd ever done an Admin position.
Great starting place but needed to move on...
Agent (Former Employee) –  Beaver, PAMay 29, 2017
Learned a lot through this company. Being available constantly for clients. Balancing work and life. Most enjoyable part of work was meeting new people.
Pros
Sometimes free lunches/breakfasts
Cons
No healthcare
enjoy working with people and building relationships
Real estate professional (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 12, 2016
Self employed, independent contractor. Strictly commission with no benefits. Stressed economic conditions due to low home ownership.
Irregular income
Pros
work independently/ enjoy building relationships
Cons
irregular income- no benefits
Na
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Somerset, PANovember 18, 2015
I love my job, I really like the work, I like the independence,

Training programs are excellent, don't like the travel, No raise within the company.
Recruiter, Realtor
Realtor and Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAAugust 20, 2015
A good Real Estate Company in the Western PA area, offers different areas of management opportunities. Offers flexibility and good training of Realtors.
If choosing real estate as your career, no better place than Northwood Realty Services
Residential Real Estate Agent / Mentor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 12, 2015
The company offers wonderful initial and on-going education to its agents and managers and allows you ample opportunity to do well in this career choice.
Excellent Opportunity
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHJuly 22, 2015
Fun work place with tons of growth potential and training. They will provide you with all the tools you will need to succeed. Friendly, helpful staff and management team.
Pros
growth potential, professional environment
Cons
health care
Can be a rewarding career
Residential Realtor (Former Employee) –  Cranberry Twp, PAApril 24, 2015
Real Estate. You get out of it what you put into it. And it's one of those professions where a client can really benefit from an experienced and responsible realtor, and conversely get really ripped off by an inexperienced realtor.
Pros
Working with people, helping them find a home they love
Cons
Can go several months in a row without a paycheck
independence
REALTOR (Current Employee) –  Washington PAApril 21, 2015
no day is the same when you're a realtor. every client has individual needs, and i love being able to assist. i always enjoy working with first time home buyers, because i love seeing the home ownership dream come true. the hardest part of the job is the wait & paperwork. there is always a waiting period with each step of the process, and numerous amounts of paperwork to submit. in the end its worth it.
Rewarding and fun career
Real Estate Sales & Services (Former Employee) –  Murrysville, PAOctober 13, 2014
Help consumers find, buy, and/or sell their homes.

The hardest part of this job was building a name for myself and establishing a network.

The most enjoyable part was finding consumers their new homes.
Productive, high producing office
Real Estate Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Sarver, PAMay 21, 2014
A typical day at work involves working with a fantastic group of fellow Realtors. We take our jobs seriously, and work very well together.

The best part of my job is meeting new people and helping them achieve their dream of owning a home. I am involved from beginning to end, and always keep in touch with my customers.

The worst part of my job is seeing disappointment in my customers if the transaction does not go as smoothly as they had hoped, I try very hard to not let that happen!
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
100% commission
Friendly Work Environment
Realtor (Former Employee) –  8230 East Market st. Warren, Ohio 44484March 4, 2014
Answered Phones and handled customers needs.
I Learned what it takes to make people happy with needs.
Great team of Managers
Very Nice Group of Co-workers
Alot of competition
Making people happy
Pros
Great income
Cons
No Healthcare
Realty Services
Realtor, YCAR, OAR, NAR (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHNovember 24, 2013
Business through your own time. Learned a lot about sales and how to deal with customers. I provided services on a daily basis even on weekends. I loved working as a Realtor but its expensive to keep your license and I was wanting a paycheck every two weeks instead of inconsistent commissions.
Pros
High Commissions, Sales
Cons
No bi-weekly paychecks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NORTHWOOD REALTY SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2