Northwood University

Northwood University Employer Reviews

Small Business School Devoted to Free Enterprise
Associate Director of Instructional Technology (Current Employee), Midland, MINovember 5, 2014
Pros: conservative free enterprise oriented.
Cons: budgets are pretty tight.
Family like atmosphere. If you are conservative and don't think that business people are the devils spawn then you will like it here.
Stay Away
Academic Advisor (Former Employee), West Palm Beach FloridaSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: some of my co-workers were fantstic
Cons: very poorly managed; cannot accept statements at face value
This is a very poorly run campus. Management constantly fails to address problems. This position was my former position. I am a female who was used to train a male that had less experience however was paid $10,000 more than me.

The Academic Department is poorly ran and underfunded. I am still amazed at the mismanagement I saw on a daily basis.

I learned that college sports is dirty from the biggest school to the smallest.

I learned that a person seeking a college education better carefully consider value. The most expensive is not necessarily the best.

I learned that a master's degree does not mean a thing.

I learned reporting serious violations to management means absolutely nothing.

I learned that an investigation by the HR Department means absolutely nothing.

I learned that what is said may not be the truth.
It was rewarding to work at the college, I loved seeing the new students and returning students each semester.
Plant Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Cedar Hill, TXSeptember 24, 2014
The hardest part of this job was watching the students graduate after seeing them grow for 4 years and becoming apart of their lives. However, I enjoyed this position because I love working with people and this particular position allowed me to work with several departments within the college as well as people outside of the college who were interested in renting the facility.
N/A
MBA Student (Former Employee), Lansing, MISeptember 23, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
N/A... Graduate School...18 month program. Family school balance
Great school
Student Recruiter Supervisor (Former Employee), Cedar Hill, TexasAugust 17, 2014
This was a great school to attend I learned a lot and would recommend this to anyone.
Extremely fun atmosphere and great people.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Midland, MIJuly 1, 2014
Small athletic department but has a great family atmosphere.
Very productive
Human Resources Student Assistant (Former Employee), Midland, MIJune 2, 2014
Pros: very flexible with my school schedule
Cons: n/a
a daily work day for me was checking mail. filing and doing daily projects for my managers
Very productive environment
Instructor (Current Employee), Cedar Hill, TXMay 22, 2014
Pros: its an environment full of creativity
Cons: limitation of time.
A typical day at work is filled with creating new and improve concepts and theories. The management is very proactive. My co-workers are very team oriented. The hardest part of the job is knowing when to take a break from the work. The most enjoyable part of the job is completing a task and seeing the results.
Northwood University has a very employees friendly atmosphere
Professor of Bus Mgmt and InfoTech (Adjunct) (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 22, 2014
Pros: the university location
Cons: long summer break
A typical day at work consists of working with traditional University level students and Adult Developing Program (ADP) students. I leaned how to diversify my instructional strategy. The management team was very friendly, cooperative, and highly skilled. My co-works utilized the concept of team work in every process conducted throughout the year. The hardest part of the job for me is the summer break, a void from not conducting classroom instructions. The most enjoyable part of the job is educating individuals on new concepts.
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Cedar Hill, TXMay 21, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: yearly inventory
Good on the job training, lot of custome service experience, pleasant co-workers, multasking is hardest part, enjoyed serving the customers.
Comfortable work environment
Strosacker Library Student Assistant (Former Employee), Midland, MIMarch 31, 2014
Pros: easy going work environment, steady pace, inviting atmosphere
Cons: no advancement
While working for Northwood University as a Student Assistant in the Strosacker Library I typically found myself assisting students in day to day needs concerning books, magazines, journals, and other online resources. Additionally I was responsible for compiling analytics for our online resources to determine which ones were bring utilized the most, which ones were costing the most, and which ones needed to be discontinued.
Enjoyable Workplace with good advancement
Student Life Center, Building Manager (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMarch 31, 2014
Pros: good management, clean enjoyable environment
Good potential to move up and progress
Good management and leadership with good employee training and development opportunities
Making sure that the area is cleaned and provide necessary things for the students coming in.
Student Employee (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMarch 17, 2014
Pros: get to interact with different people, understanding supervisor, flexible schedule
Cons: not everyone follow directions
Typical day at work would be for me to be at the desk at all times unless I'm needed somewhere else. While at the desk, students would come to me to check out equipment, ask for assistance with using a machine, or the key to get into the laundry room. During my shift, I must make sure that people are racking up their own weights and making sure that the area is presentable. When I'm designated to close, I deep clean all the machines and benches, vacuum the floor, take out the trash, and organize the aerobics room.
Northwood University
Assistant Business Manager (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: lack of incentives for too long.
I've been with Northwood University (NU) a long time. I've always liked working here because of the people, both students and faculty/staff. The NU Idea has been essential to the culture of NU. The economy change a few years back along with a new President for NU created new challenges in growth for enrollment and nurturing all stakeholders. The job is the same day in day out, not necessarily good or bad, just typical for a university. If we do the same thing day in and day then it is difficult for change to occur. If the same thing is not working then it is time for change to occur by moving on. It is good for institution and personally it makes good sense.

NU has been great for me and my family and now it it is time to be something new.
Business Managment to Undergrad Students
Business Management Instructor (Former Employee), Alpena, MIFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: teaching
Cons: part time, no benefits
As an Instructor of management in business and organization, this position taught students the capability to coordinate the efforts of people in order to accomplish goals and objectives using available resources efficiently.
Strong Leadership and great place to work
Director (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 11, 2014
Managing budgets, creating and managing marketing plans, enrollment and lead generation, creating a positive working environment. ensuring that we met and exceeded our enrollment, new students, and retention goals.
Good working atmosphere & business culture.
Development Research Assistant (Former Employee), Midland, MIFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: very beautiful campus & trendy state of the art ideas.
Cons: limited opportunity for advancement.
Working for the Vice President of Development was a very large step up from my prior position & in what he asked me to do for him & the University.
Productive Setting
Student Life Assistant (Current Employee), Midland, MINovember 18, 2013
Pros: work environment
Management encourages the development of entry level employees to become future leaders.
Work Study
Assistant to the Office Manager (Former Employee), Midland, MIOctober 7, 2013
Pros: work around school schedule
I loved working in the office at NU and with the legal attorney on a work study basis. I learned a lot!
Campus Sercurity Officer (Former Employee), MidlandSeptember 9, 2013
This position had long hours which abled me to study for assignments and exams