Northwoods Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great Team
Bar Manager/Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHSeptember 13, 2016
Loved working there. Under new ownership now but still the same great team. The most enjoyable part of the job were the customers.
Pros
Customers, staff, salary
Cons
none that I could think of
Good Company, Will Give you a Chance
Light Assembly (Former Employee) –  Portage, WIJuly 12, 2016
Northwoods gave me an opportunity to prove myself when nobody else would. I am very grateful to them for that, and for helping me learn many new skills.
Love working with clients, but did not like anything else
Supervisor/Job trainer (Former Employee) –  Portage, WIMarch 21, 2015
I first of all, love working with the clients. They are so sweet, sometimes challenging, but always fun. I do not like the way the business is run. We were not compensated for the work we do, and there was no room for advancement. I felt that some of the people had their cliques, and the people that weren't in it were made fun of. The upper management doesn't really care about their employees. I hope they can find some way to improve their business.
Short staffed environment with even more employment cuts making care even worse
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYDecember 5, 2013
My day at work was a rush. Hurry to pass meds to geriatric patients whom needed medicine crushed or required a fingerstick prior to breakfast. Passing too many meds quicly and having a very heavy patient load to very dependent patients. I learned that I had to do the best I could to provide proper and safe care. Management was pitiful if at all. They never pitched in nor would they know about care plans of the patients care and asked LPN's frequently questions of such. Enjoyed most of my co-workers, alot of them were burned out and had no recognization of the very difficult work they did being so short staffed, The very hardest part of my jobwas going home at night and feeling I did nothing for these patients whom needed the care but was cut so thin I was unable to provide it. I also had extreme safety concerns for patients and co-workers.
Pros
doing very best to assist in care of my patients
Cons
short staffed, unsafe, neglected care related to being understaffed.
Not a good place if your married to stockholders son
CSR/ Producer (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJune 9, 2013
My Ex husband was the largest stockholder in the company. When I asked for a divorce, things went down hill as expected

2.2