Norton Healthcare

Norton Healthcare Employer Reviews

Reviewed all escrow accounts based on closing date to determine why there was a shortage or surplus.
Manager (Current Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 30, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: left louisville
Very time constrained position. Had to review all escrow accounts to determine short fall. Ordered analyisis and dropped loans after review for mortgage customers.
Nice place and had all the benefits
Receptionist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 12, 2014
Start there was amazing ,interesting job, learn to create a file for every patient, add insurance information, call to make appointments with the specialist. call the pharmacy, check in and out the patients, collect copayments. The Manager was a very nice person , supervisor no
Great workplace for their Employee's
Help Desk Support Technician (Current Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 8, 2014
I would come into work put my lunch away and check my e-mails. I learned a lot about PC support over the phone pertaining to a healthcare system. Management and my co-workers are all helpful and friendly people. Hardest part of the job would be working at night being the only person working without much support. I enjoy everything about this position.
Exciting
Emergency Department Nurse (Current Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 18, 2014
Exciting place to work. Always interesting. Poor managment staff, Rumor has it that the managment has improved
Never paid
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 27, 2014
Cons: management
It seems we were never paid for our work days. The management was not helpful
hey
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee), louisville,kyOctober 8, 2014
good company to work for, compensation okay, can be busy and hectic at times
Nice place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Louisville, KySeptember 10, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: some bullying at times from certain employee
Typical day would be arriving at work area, start answering phones, scheduling appointments. Calling Hospital MR department to obtain
records on patients. Filing charts, registering patients for treatment.

Learned new issues with insurance almost daily.

Informed management about issues with insurance, or other problems, patient dissatisfaction.

Worked with co workers to achieve the best possible results at the end of each day.

Hardest part of the job, finding enough time to complete all of the
things I needed to, because of being pulled to work in a different area.

Most enjoyable part of the job, would be patient satisfaction, smiles, Thank you, from people just makes my day go so much nicer.
Experienced analyst seeking growth opportunity
Strategic Planning and Business Analyst (Current Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 4, 2014
Proficient with Excel, Microsoft Office, Powerpoint, moderate user of Access, InfoSuite, Market Expert, McKesson
Analyse volumes, net revenue, patient service margin amongst all facilities and strategic service lines
Excellent team
Challenges occur when deadlines conflict on my project list
Working with a great team
Not a good dept.of Norton's to work in. No teamwork, just "here for the paycheck only" attitude". Not what's taught in Orientation.
AR (Former Employee), Watterson towers, Louisville, KYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: stressful and rigid environment with unhappy coworkers, there for a paycheck only.
The Louisville hospitals and clinical staff are professional friendly, and seem to follow the "Five Pillars" of teamwork and professionalism.
That all flew out the window, after orientation, when it came to the business areas of collecting, claims and accounts receivables at the Watterson Towers bldg., there was No flexibility ; watched like a grade schooler, rigid, with inadequate training...not a productive environment. Supervisor's/management 's time could be better utilized in training than watching. An entry level job seeker who can work in a robotic mode may do ok.
Fun and Lovable Personality that can get the job done!
CPA (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 7, 2014
I am a very hard worker. One that enjoys working with a team or alone if needed. I love to have a challenge and can multi task like no one else.
Enjoy being employed at Norton Healthcare
Research Analyst (Current Employee), Louisville KYJuly 28, 2014
I learned the importance of customer service. I also obtained many administrative skills.
I LOVED working here
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 24, 2014
Brownsboro was my main hospital and I loved working with my managers, my department and neighboring department workers. They really made me feel welcomed.
I enjoyed working at Norton Healthcare
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 23, 2014
I learned the meaning of team work at Norton Healthcare.
I loved and respected all of my co workers and gained a wealth of knowledge form each and everyone of them.
I decided to take the next step in my journey of life and start a new career.
chew you up and spit you out
RN (Former Employee), BrownsboroJune 26, 2014
Pros: good learning/teaching hospital
Cons: horrible managment/ leadership
I worked for Norton for several years. I dedicated my heart to this company. For a very long time I defined myself by the place I worked for and I was proud to say I worked for Norton Healthcare. After four years of hard work they decided to terminate me for reasons that could have been prevented if Norton Hospital provided me the help I needed as a nurse. I have never worked in a place that expects you to provide safe care and satisfy patients with no help from assistant nurse managers with no patients of their own. The lack of ethics disgusts and saddens me. If are are a lazy bully this is the perfect job for you!!!!!!
Great Children's Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 12, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: limited breaks
Great co-workers
Typical day at work is very fast paced.
Hardest part of job is sick kids.
Most enjoyable is making a difference in someones life.
enjoyable part of my work
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 2, 2014
Pros: friendly colleagues
Cons: lack of appreciation
Team work is my motto. We worked as a team and that helped everyone immensely. I wouldn't know what to do if I did not have any friends. We enjoyed each others company and encouraged each other.
enjoyable place to work with friendly staff
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 26, 2014
Pros: discount lunches in cafeteria, self scheduling
Cons: short breaks for 12 hour shifts
My typical day at work was enjoyable, busy but never boring. Everyone was friendly and it was like family. I learned alot in my tenure there such as how to read telemetry, patient care, and unit coordinator. Management was great my time there.
productive, work atmoshere
Respiratory Therapist (RT) (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 11, 2014
fast paced well organized facility.cowrkiers are always willing to jump in and help. management is top notch.
Norton Healthcare
Financial Counselor/Eligibility Coordinator (Current Employee), Louisville KYMay 9, 2014
Norton Healthcare/ Kosair children Hospital is a GREAT place to work. I love the organization five pillars for all. They give excellent patient care and care about their employees.
You get back what you put in.
Practice Manager (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 26, 2014
Norton has rules but so does every other work place. I have found that you get back what you put in.

1 2 3 4

About Norton Healthcare

Norton Healthcare takes care of people in the land of horse farms and blue grass. The company owns and operates five hospitals – Read more