Norton Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Director knows nothing about people the work people do below him.
Biomedical / Clinical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 12, 2016
To many chiefs, not enough Indians. Management will do anything to add a notch to their resume. No chance of advancement, but I will say the techs I worked with were knowledgeable and friendly. Of all the places I've worked, Norton Healthcare has some of the lowest Morale I've seen to date.
Pros
People you work with
Cons
Management will do anything to add a notch to their resume.
Great
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 19, 2015
Loved It!! Great benefits. Flexible hours. Great management. Great training. GREAT COMPANY ALTOGETHER!

Learned a lot about healthcare and endocrinology. The doctors, medical assistants, and other clerical workers were very friendly and always helpful.

Patients are mostly very friendly. Everyone builds relationships with one another- co workers, patients, etc.

Always positive environment. Drug reps, nutritionists, and other individuals who visited the office were always very friendly and helpful as well.
fellow employees are very good to work with
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 7, 2016
Very little room for advancement with the Security position and not much management support. Daily duties included customer service, interactions with patients and family, as well as walking patrols of hospital.
Pros
great fellow employees
Cons
no management support
LOved working here!
Release of Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40202March 17, 2016
I miss my Norton family. We often went on trips together outside of work and enjoyed working with each other on projects of large proportions. We managed a balance of fun and work at the same time we were able to complete large tasks in a timely manner. I only left for a PCS military move from this place of employment.
Pros
great staff and management
Cons
short breaks and lunches
Biller, Web Admin, Medical Records, Intake/Outtake (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 19, 2016
Norton's is a well established bureaucratically structured company, yet maintains a personal democratic management style. As the largest health care provider in the Louisville Metro area there was ample opportunity for personal and professional growth and upward mobility.

The most challenging aspect of this job was adapting to a constantly evolving system. However I found this to be the most mentally stimulating as well; thus adding to my overall satisfaction with the company as a whole.
Pros
Health care bnefits, 401B, flexible schedule
Cons
site locations
Great work environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 22, 2016
Typical day working in the inpatient pharmacy can be busy or it can be slow. It just depends on the day. There is plenty of busy work to do if you finish everything that you are required to do. Management is great. They are very understanding and very flexible when it comes to your needs. I honestly think the hardest part of the job was remembering where everything was located. The most enjoyable part of working for Norton Healthcare is that I get to help patients and making IV fluids.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Expensive meals in cafeteria
too much drama
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 28, 2016
extremely clicky office with alot of drama, would not recommend this particular office for employment
there is alot of retaliation for events of procedures you may be unhappy with.
Management will find a way to get rid of you if they do not agree with
your ideas for improvements
Nice people, poor managment
Inventory Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 17, 2015
Departments suffer from poor management, poor scheduling, understaffing, and low pay. Opportunities for advancement are offered be appear to be earmarked for anyone other than open applicants.
Awesome place to work
EMR Associate (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 29, 2016
Very good atmosphere everyone works as a team.. Great room for advancement.. I like my coworkers, we help each other out daily and everyone get along.. Nice place to work
Pros
3rd shift
Cons
n/a
Bad experience
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 1, 2016
Over all working here has been a negative experience. As an adult I had never worked in such a negative and bullying environment. The compensation and benefits are nice but they come at the cost of your sanity and well-being. By far the most stressful environment I've had to endure in nearly 20 years as a nurse.
Pros
compensation and benefits
Cons
bully culture and negative enviroment
I really enjoyed working there but the company did not know we were hired at the time becuause they were at a hirning freeze but hired contractors.
End User Computing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 28, 2016
I really enjoyed working there but the company did not know we were hired at the time because they were at a hiring freeze but hired contractors. This was the first I.T. job that I enjoyed all aspects of the job, team, my boss.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Contract to hire/Contract
Very stressful, verbally abusive, favoratism from only management
CMA (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 23, 2016
Viewed by my co- workers as hardworking, always friendly employee. My manager showed obvious favortism, and at times verbally abusive. Very disappointed in her actions. Denied unemployment by Nortons, but granted unemployment by a judge. I am up for rehire, but every time I put in for a position I received a message that they decided to go with another applicant. Under a different manager may be different circumstance, but unable to get employment. I have nothing against the CEO, except that managers should be watched better.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
unreasonable expectations
Totally was mislead about salary and upcoming cost of living raise
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 9, 2016
Recently Norton's Healthcare has been hiring LPN's the problem is they want the medical experience of the nurse in the office to cover the regulations but they want to pay less because you're in an office setting
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 7, 2016
Norton Healthcare offers the basic benefits, however, they do not care about their employees just the bottom line of how much money is made. They care more about makeing money than the patients.
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 25, 2016
You work hard, always learning new things to make you more effective in your job and as a professional. Management was very motivating. Co-workers were great. Proud to be part of such an excellent organization that helps so many people in my community.
Great Organization
Cash Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 28, 2015
Norton Healthcare is a great organization to work for the incentives and appreciation shown for a job well done is phenomenal. Norton Healthcare really care about their employees and it shows a lot because every employee at Norton Healthcare are willing to set the standard for exceptional work, our employees work hard to meet our finanacial goals, each employee is willing to share responsibility to ensure all deadlines are met, and most of all every employees of Norton Healthcare put our patients first.
Pros
Great pay, incentives and appreciations for making our hospital one of the best in the state.
Cons
Short breaks, using flextime for holidays.
Excellent company to work for
MLT Generalist (AMT) (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 26, 2016
Exceptional place to work. Leaving due to relocation and will greatly miss my work family. The employees are the center of everything and keep patients a first priority.
Fast work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 21, 2016
You always stay busy and with a full work load. The patients are full of life and happy to have suck a happy helpful staff. You may search for some of the info you need but the shift goes by fast.
Self-motivated Environment
Patient Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 8, 2015
Training New Hires
Patient Demographic & Insurance Updates/ Edits
Insurance Verification & Eligibility
Scheduling
*Also employed from 09/1999 - 03/2001
Pros
Full responsibility and accountability to lead a team
Cons
Unable to stay/ Husband military relocation
Not a very good place to work.
Remote Medical Coder II (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 9, 2016
My first hospital coding job. Not good training at all. Office environment was terrible. When I went home to code it was better. Really great co-workers, terrible boss.

Norton Healthcare Reviews by Location