Norton Healthcare Employee Reviews

Overall, good place to work!
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 16, 2017
Overall, Norton Healthcare has been a very professional place to work! They are continuously coaching, offering learning opportunities and are fair in treatment of employees.
Work Overload
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 3, 2017
Nice place to work just lacking people. Good people are hard to find, but we do have a heavy workload and that can be one cause of lack of keeping employees. We also on use flextime, no paid holidays or sick days or PTO time so that can be difficult for some people.
Pros
hours
Cons
pay increases, no sick days, no paid holidays only flextime earned every 80 hours
productive
Hospitality Associate (Current Employee) –  200 E. ChestnutJune 28, 2017
i loved my job at nortons but the work enviroment was very hostile within dietary. But then job itself wasnt a bad job. i actually love working there until people didnt want to work and the supervisior act like they didnt want to work together to get the job done.
Pros
it was a constant pace.
Cons
the manager and supervisior were never on the same page and people never came to work.
Management verbally abusive, bullying
Former CMA (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY Downtown officeJune 25, 2017
Management is verbally abusive, manager shakes her finger in employees faces, always threatening termination if co-workers don't tattle on one another; and then if they do, they still get threatened with termination. Bullying is something I had never experienced in a workplace until this Nortons practice. Favoritism runs rampant, and if you're not one of the favorites, then your need to watch over your shoulder at all times. The employees that actually did their jobs, were the ones treated like the proverbial red headed step child, and the ones that missed work at least a day a week, bullied other employees etc...were the ones that always wound up smelling like roses. I understand Nortons is easy to gain employment, however, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. The managers have inside tracks on each others employees, so wherever you try to escape under the Nortons umbrella, you're going to face the same obstacles. A persons place of employment is almost like a second home because of the hours spent working, however, this company is by no means a safe haven. Steer clear for your own peace of mind.
Pros
Early work day on Fridays
Cons
Management, bullying that's allowed
pay scale is good
Business Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 20, 2017
They pay very well, but expect a great deal for this. They have remote work benefits for IT personnel. they also offer a 10 hour work day. I would recommend it
leadership was questionable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 20, 2017
employees never had proper leadership in order to complete their task at hand . No clear objective or goal that was or needed to be reach but there was more than enough or work to do .
clinical research
Intern (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 20, 2017
I was there to have patients fill out surveys based on their level of pain, ability to do certain task ect. The goal was to see which procedures did the best at improving the quality of life. All the doctors I worked with were very nice.
Enjoyed working with friendly staff.
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 1, 2017
The hardest part of my job as a float nurse was figuring out where supplies were on the different units.

Enjoyed being a float nurse because I was able to work on different units (vascular access, telemetry, med surg), which helped me expand my nursing knowledge.
Pros
Great salary and flexible hours!
Cons
Being pulled to different unit in the middle of your shift.
summary
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 25, 2017
I love caring for others. It makes me feel good to know i made someone smile. I rather help some else than worry about myself. Getting to know the patient and families that I worked with was definitely a plus to the job. My co-workers also made it very enjoyable.
Can we rewarding but challenging
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 23, 2017
All though I liked working for Norton as a whole, the office I worked I. Was forever changing, all the way down to management. The old supervisor was able to come and go as she pleases, then she steps down and still does the exact same things.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks, lack of teamwork

Want to know more about Norton Healthcare?

Ask a question
good work place
Registration Representative, Labor and Delivery (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 22, 2017
I am looking for a 2nd part time job to help pay my bills as a single person. The employees are good people to work with they treat you like family and work together as a team.
Advancements in the practice
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 15, 2017
There were always opportunity to grow and advance in the practice to help further yourself and your education. Norton healthcare also offered a vast majority of other compensations as well.
Pros
Compassion
Cons
None really
Good, stable company
System Compliance/Internal Audit (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 4, 2017
I had a couple different managers while I was with Norton's. The first one was great! The 2nd one, not so good. He let his manager make decisions that she was not qualified to make. He was gone a lot during the work days and nobody knew where he was or when he would be back. It was a very odd department.
Pros
Executive management is great, good pay and benefits
Cons
Seems to be one in every crowd that ruins a good thing
changing work place
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 2, 2017
the medical field is always changing and not every one can keep up. you must be willing to learn new protocols and build a relationship with not only your co-workers but your patients as well. leadership is key in this. while under a great leader i was able to learn a lot and grow professionally. however with a less experienced leader the exact opposite occured.
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 29, 2017
Each day was different each day, I learned a lot about medical procedures from my Doctors. Management was Ok. The workplace was diversity. The hardest part of the job was telling patients you could not schedule them because of insurance issues. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients
Pros
for me, I was not supervised
Cons
was telling patients we could not see them.
Norton number one Healthcare in Kentucky
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 20, 2017
Great place to work as long as you stay focus the future is very clear. a lot of opportunities for advancement, housing, education,family ties and future endeavors.
Pros
flexible, growth, world wide
Cons
need to conquer more states
Fun filled, productive and family oriented workplace
HOUSEKEEPING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 17, 2017
I learned that I am a fast learner, show me something once and I can catch on to it. Worked in Labor & Delivery, patients rooms, discharges, surgery, and emergency room.
Pros
Employee appreciation along with meal every year and major holidays
Cons
Didn't accept my degrees.
no complaints
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 11, 2017
I feel the compensation is fair. There is plenty of room for advancement after being employed for 1 year. Paid time off is substantial, not the best but still good.
If you like nepotism and favoritism...
MA/LMR (Former Employee) –  St. Matthews, KYApril 3, 2017
You'll love Norton Healthcare. Too many layers of management and drive their employees crazy with constant knit picking. Unqualified office managers have no one to answer to and employees have no one but said office managers to complain to because upper management only hears what they want to hear.
Pros
Good benefits, pay
Cons
helter skelter offices, constant knit picking
Not going in the right direction.
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  St. Matthews, KYApril 2, 2017
The new manager lacks the experience and skill to effectively lead her team. Whenever there is an event or situation that occurs that may make her look bad she retaliates and is creating a punitive work environment. She tends to favor the perceptions, evaluations and concerns of the female staff and tends to scrutinize the men more harshly. This place has the potential for greatness, but will continue to miss the mark and not live up to its potential.
Pros
Top pay
Cons
Inexperienced leadership and punitive work environment