Norton Healthcare Employer Reviews

Great Children's Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 12, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: limited breaks
Great co-workers
Typical day at work is very fast paced.
Hardest part of job is sick kids.
Most enjoyable is making a difference in someones life.
enjoyable part of my work
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 2, 2014
Pros: friendly colleagues
Cons: lack of appreciation
Team work is my motto. We worked as a team and that helped everyone immensely. I wouldn't know what to do if I did not have any friends. We enjoyed each others company and encouraged each other.
enjoyable place to work with friendly staff
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 26, 2014
Pros: discount lunches in cafeteria, self scheduling
Cons: short breaks for 12 hour shifts
My typical day at work was enjoyable, busy but never boring. Everyone was friendly and it was like family. I learned alot in my tenure there such as how to read telemetry, patient care, and unit coordinator. Management was great my time there.
productive, work atmoshere
Respiratory Therapist (RT) (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 11, 2014
fast paced well organized facility.cowrkiers are always willing to jump in and help. management is top notch.
Norton Healthcare
Financial Counselor/Eligibility Coordinator (Current Employee), Louisville KYMay 9, 2014
Norton Healthcare/ Kosair children Hospital is a GREAT place to work. I love the organization five pillars for all. They give excellent patient care and care about their employees.
You get back what you put in.
Practice Manager (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 26, 2014
Norton has rules but so does every other work place. I have found that you get back what you put in.
Worst company I've ever worked for
Executive Secretary (Former Employee), Clinical EfectivnessApril 8, 2014
Pros: ramp parking
Cons: lack of management, degrading behavior, unprofessional, salary lies
I left Iowa for a job at Norton in the Clinical Effectiveness department in Louisville. It was by far the worst company I have ever worked for. The management group, specifically the Director of Clinical Effectiveness and Care Management were the most unprofessional and lacked any kind of true leadership I have been a part of in my 34 years of working. – more... They do not care about their employees, their employee development let alone how they talk to them. Cussing, belittling and degrading are a daily basis. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS Organization. I do not know one person who is happy with them and in the community I have heard nothing but bad things as I have applied for other jobs. – less
My role as a chaplain is both rewarding and demanding.
Chaplain Resident (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 1, 2014
A typical day is challenging yet rewarding. I serve with a wonderful team of chaplains.
Great people, great care.
RN (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 30, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: really none
Very busy department; coworkers very team oriented; pre-op + endo + post op = great job!
Ok place to work
Sr Storage Administrator (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 26, 2014
Pros: salary position is great
Cons: it people very protective of their positions, not sharing or training team members and management okays this
It's an Ok place to work. I'd rather keep it at that. I don't like this section.
FUN PLACE TO WORK
Medical Receptionist PRN (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 6, 2014
Pros: wonderful coworkers
Cons: na
Wonderful company to work for. I enjoy working with different people and serving out Patients.
Very Productive Place to work
Clinical Application Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 27, 2014
Norton Healthcare was a very good place to work. They paid for my certification in the Epic EMR system. I left Norton for a better opportunity at Kindred Healthcare as a Sr. Clinical Informaticist.
Great People
Norton Surburbon Hospital (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: in louisville, ky
Cons: gets very busy!
I would go back to work there.
Nice people and staff, its a place where someone could settle down at and work forever.
Rather dissapointing
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: cool coworkers and customers
Cons: not sufficient training, rude human resource administrator
The pharmacy was a cool place to work in. Mainly stocked OTC section and delivered meds to beds and checked out customers at front register.
Also helped people find otc items.
And was the one who went to borrow items from other pharmacies in the hospotal
My coworkers for the most part were cool to work with.
Management was kinda lame. Hardest part of – more... the job was satisfying the manager when not always knowing how to do things and manager would get frusterated and be snappy
Seeing people leave with a smile was the most enjoyable thing.. – less
Receptionist
Receptionist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: wonderful coworkers
Cons: na
great place to work, great people to work with in other departments.
Supervisor Environmental Services (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: experience, pay, enjoy working with other departments, getting to interact with other professionals.
Cons: manager
You gain lots of experience. Everyone in other departments are great. The company as a whole is excellent to their employees. They claim to have work life balance maybe in some departments but not in others. Upper management needs to pay attention to what is going on in some esd departments. Like I said the company as a whole is excellent, and most – more... esd departments are as well. However, there are some that are not and the mission vision and value of Norton Healthcare is violated on a regular basis in those departments. – less
Joyous time
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: meeting new and exciting people every day
Cons: negative people
I worked in several areas and departments through this company. My first position with them was as a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) at one of the hospitals. I worked on the cardiovascular unit. I loved meeting people and making their day a little better. When people are inpatient at the hospital, they do not feel good and they don't want to smile. – more... I made sure that every patient I encountered, I left their room and they had a smile on their face.

From there, I went to work for a pediatrician's office, through the same company. This was my first experience in pediatrics, I thought it would be heart breaking to see sick little ones. The children would come in very ill, but leave with a smile, because the physician had reassured them that they would be better.

I wore many hats in this setting. I would help to triage patients before they saw the physician. I also answered phones, scheduled appointments, collected co-payments and patient payments. I would schedule patients for further outpatient testing and obtain prior authorization for those tests.

I then moved on to working for the children's hospital, through this company. I verified insurance prior to outpatient testing and surgery. I obtained prior authorizations and pre-registered patients for outpatient testing and surgery. I spent time in the emergency department registering patients who presented for treatment. I also registered patients who presented for outpatient testing, surgery and inpatient stays.

I loved working for this company and meeting all the people. Most of my co workers were positive, but there seems to be one in every crowd. I did not let these people effect my outlook on the management team. They were doing their job and the employees did not like rules and thought they were made to be broken.

The hardest part was seeing children come in with such positive attitudes to find out that they had lost their battle with the disease that had stricken their tiny bodies. Death is hard on anyone, but a child seems to hurt so much worse. But, I left every day knowing that I did what I could to make the parents and the patient as comfortable as I could. – less
Overall a good place to work.
Norton Healthcare Physician Service (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: friendly work environment.
Cons: management needs alot of work.
I truly love the women that I work with. The women that I work with, including the healthcare providers, are an exceedinly remarkable group of women who are very passionate about they work that they do. I will learn so much from working with them. Overall the company that I work for is good but with any large company, it needs to work out some things.
Nothing but broken promises
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee), Louisville KYJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: pto
Cons: promises of advancement and never delivered
I had very high expectations for my career at Norton Healthcare. I was extremely company loyal and there for 10 years. I was a medical receptionist at one of their physician offices for 8 years and I absolutely loved my job!!! I obtained my bachelors degree and after trying to move up in the company for 2 years I was finally promoted to human resources. – more... I was overly excited and promised the world only to soon learn that none of that would happen. I was given extra responsibilities without extra pay and I accepted them thinking that it would show management that I want to grow.... Guess I should have known. An opening in my department came open and 2 employees were interviewed (both without experience and would start at the bottom rate of pay). I helped interview the candidates and soon found out that they couldn't decide on which candidate to hire. Without warning I was told that I was no longer needed. I did find out that they hired both candidates interviewed and the one who took my place accepted making $5 less an hour then I did..... I was replaced because I made to much due to seniority. Shouldn't have been so comfortable I guess. I have since moved on and I will say that it was a blessing being let go. I am now making much more money then I ever would have there. Just beware if you are looking for growth in their "corporate areas" because more then likely you will be used and then put out to dry..... – less
Health Care Construction Project Manager (Former Employee), KYNovember 27, 2013
A typical day was about 50% in office and 50% in the field.
How to operate in a hospital environment, Infection control etc.

1 2 3

About Norton Healthcare

Norton Healthcare takes care of people in the land of horse farms and blue grass. The company owns and operates five hospitals – Read more