Norton Sound Health Corporation

Norton Sound Health Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Pharmacy Technician/Vaccine Coordinator
Pharmacy Technician/Vaccine Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nome, AKJanuary 3, 2016
Beautiful bush hospital working with diverse population. 16 village clinics and hospital departments.Collected and reported statistical data for the CDC, State and Federal divisions in an organized fashion.
Good opportunity for advancement
Patient Accounts Rep (Former Employee) –  Nome, AKJanuary 2, 2016
I've never ever done Commerical Billing or Medicaid Billing before in my life. But this position is a great opportunity for advancement and great pay and benefits. It was like on the job training position. Got along with co-workers very well.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Enjoying working as a pharmacist to help patients with their medication, I find that it's rewarding to make a positi difference in a patient's health.
Outpatient Contract Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Nome, AKNovember 4, 2015
Working as a pharmacist is very enjoyable to me. Everyday I work with other pharmacists and technicians to make sure that medications are filled and labelled correctly. Checking for allergies and drug interactions before dispensing medications to patients, I find that as a pharmacist I can help make a positive difference with the patients' health.
I often make sure that the technicians who work with me know more about the prescriptions they work on everyday. The more they know the better job they will do at filling medications to make a difference in other peoples' lives. This is the most enjoyable part of my work, which is to be a part of a team to help patients get better.
The hardest part of the job is to have disagreements on certain issues with people I work with.
Overall practicing pharmacy is rewarding to me.
Pros
Making a difference in peoples' lives
Cons
Not being able to do more in a day.
Arctic Hospital
Infection Control/ Environmental Services Staff (Former Employee) –  Nome, AKApril 13, 2015
Working in Nome is adventure. Most of the staff are excellent people. Patients are also nice. This company is a native corporation.
With Challenges but good Stories
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nome, AKDecember 13, 2014
Sometimes working there was a challenge, but with the help for my senior coworkers. I learned quite a bit like repairing J traps for sinks and how to change oxygen tanks. The cool about working there were coworkers and there stories of they're younger days.
challeging and exciting location in Nome AK
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Nome, AKMarch 31, 2014
NSHC is a native Indian hospital providing health services to undeserved Indian population in Norton sound villages. This corporation has a very good reputation for proving health. As well is top in state of Alaska for the attached long term care facility
Pros
dedicated and engaged in providing indian health services
Cons
isolated area no roads very hard to recruit permanent staff
enjoyed working with nurses and Doctors
Medical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nome, AKApril 10, 2013
good work scedule, learning medical terminology, had good nuses to learn from, hardest was reading some doctors orders, good to see people recover and get discharged
Pros
learning medical terminology
Cons
dispatching ambulace
Growing facility
Travel Nurse-Emergency Department RN (Current Employee) –  Nome, AKMarch 20, 2013
The hardest part of the job is getting used to being in an area where you can only fly in and out of. Sometimes you feel stuck so to speak because you can't just get in your vehicle and drive. You either have to buy a 4-wheeler or snow machine because there is only one place to rent a vehicle and it's at least $150 a day so you can't rent a vehicle all the time. I enjoyed being able to help transition into a new facility.
Pros
free housing
Cons
bush alaska
Wonderful Place to work
Contract employee (Former Employee) –  Nome, AKFebruary 26, 2013
This is a wonderful place to work. The people that are there are professional and caring. I made many friends

4.4