Norwalk Community College Employee Reviews

Love it, fun
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 21, 2016
Excellent place to work. They treat you like family. They motivate you to continue your education. Everything there is fun. The instructors help you so you could go further in your education.
Excellent environment to learn
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 19, 2016
Tutoring students in the field of mathematics. Excellent colleagues, best boss ever. Great place to teach as well as learn. Although pay was not as high but you could get plenty of hours and have a flexible schedule.
a community college
Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 23, 2015
Demanding fast paced curriculum. Atended classes 2x/week plus an online class. Great teachers and great new facility!
Pros
I already reviewed
Positive, and comfortable environment
Student Laborer of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 18, 2015
Fun, non-stressful working environment. Supervisors are friendly, and always willing to help you when stuck. All people are nice, and positive.
Pros
Job Security, stress-less environment
Cons
average wage
Fun workplace
Fitness Attendant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 27, 2015
great place to be, people were fun and friendly, i haven't had a hard time working in that job, the most enjoyable part of the job was that my friends were there to help me
Pros
friends everywhere
Student work study office assistant
Office Secretary/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTNovember 22, 2014
At work I file, help people at the counter, answer phones, stuff letters and applications, enter student information in the system, create ID numbers for extended studies or update non-credit students. All co-workers are friendly and responsible. I've learned to be more confident because I have to interact with people on a daily basis.
Great Place to Work
Technical Assistant/TV Production (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 28, 2014
Worked for the college since 2003 started in the bookstore now as a EA for the Film & TV Production program and its a fun and good place to work.
Nice Multicultural environment and staff
Adjunct Instructor, English (Former Employee) –  West Norwalk, CTAugust 7, 2014
NCC is a great school and has many opportunities for growth and the people and students are great. Co-workers are supportive of each other and job enhancement opportunities (training/workshops) are always available. The paperwork required can be daunting at times but once you are used to the format it becomes secondary. I enjoyed working with the students the most.
Great place to build your skills.
Federal Work-Study Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 22, 2014
Norwalk community college was a great place for students just starting out to build their skills in an office environment. A typical day at work for me was between it being very slow to very high paced. There hardly was a middle ground. Myself and my co-workers would greet any students or parents that came in and assisted with any issues they had to the best of our ability. I assisted with helping students make appointments with Advisors during the school year. My co-workers were very friendly and it felt more like a family.
Pros
school and work were in the same place
Cons
could lose hours at any time. not stable
I loved my job at the college
Student Activities Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 29, 2014
I always had fun at my job, and always had something to do. I was also taking classes. There was always time to study and do homework. My day would start at 8 am. My schedule was very flexible to include my class schedule. It wasn't a tough job. I answered phones, typed up letters, made posters, and other random tasks. I enjoyed my co-workers and my manager. We always had a relaxed environment and always worked good together. I worked at a student lounge, so It was always fun to see and hear all that was going on around me. It was a great environment.

Want to know more about Norwalk Community College?

Ask a question
Student worker
Kitchen Associate (Former Employee) –  Norwalk CTApril 10, 2014
I went to work with a success attitude. Finishing school was my goal but then I found out that I can work and get an education. That was assume. I begin to float from one department to the next when I planted in the culinary arts department. I learned so much and done so many things that I thank God for the time.
Pros
only could do 15 hours a week
It is a great place to work before and after classes.
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 27, 2014
I usually help students and professors with some computer programs that they have troubles with.
Encouraging Educational Environment
Financial Aid Associate (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 25, 2014
I loved my job at the college! While I was working towards my associates degree, I started working in the Financial Aid Office. Here I was able to work with students and parents. I was responsible for helping students apply for financial aid, filing confidential records, and other administrative tasks. This job gave me a great foundation of what life in an office setting was like and although at times could be slow, the administrators always made sure we were learning.
Pros
great staff, very team focused
Cons
quiet days with not a lot to do
Fast minded work place
Administrative Work - Work Study (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTJanuary 2, 2014
Filing at least on average of 4 to 6 boxes a day of students records into their files and organizing and creating new files requires speed and all information is confidential
Productive and Always learning
Student-Worker (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTDecember 18, 2013
typical day at work would be cleaning and setting up for dinning or meeting functions
I learned how to cook, different ways to set up, serve, proper dining techniques
Management was great always made sure i was doing what i was suppose to
most enjoyable part was free food and learning about the different methods of cooking from basic to international
Fun college to learn/work at
Student Activities Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 18, 2013
I loved all of my professors and learned so much while studying there. I loved my laid back job.
Faculty Services East Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 16, 2013
I enjoyed coming in to work and learning more and more. The staff was very nice and sweet. I really liked this job.
Positive approaches and highly professional
Teacher of ESL and French (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 1, 2013
The atmosphere at NCC is overwhelmingly positive and exciting for both staff and students. This institution exudes success.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
difficult to secure full-time employment
Many opportunities
Allied Health Instructor (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAOctober 6, 2012
The administration cares about students and focuses on a diverse population that includes well-educated older students seeking new career directions. It reaises the caliber of the teaching and administration.
Laid back college campus
Design Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 19, 2012
Spent several hours a week overseeing the design labs at the college. The labs are used during non-class time for the students to do work, and I was on hand to help with any issues and also got to design promo materials for the art/design department.
Pros
getting to do my class projects when my help wasn't needed
Cons
low compensation

4.4