Norwalk Community College

Norwalk Community College United States Employee Reviews

Student work study office assistant
Office Secretary/Assistant (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTNovember 22, 2014
At work I file, help people at the counter, answer phones, stuff letters and applications, enter student information in the system, create ID numbers for extended studies or update non-credit students. All co-workers are friendly and responsible. I've learned to be more confident because I have to interact with people on a daily basis.
Great Place to Work
Technical Assistant/TV Production (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTAugust 28, 2014
Worked for the college since 2003 started in the bookstore now as a EA for the Film & TV Production program and its a fun and good place to work.
Nice Multicultural environment and staff
Adjunct Instructor, English (Former Employee), West Norwalk, CTAugust 7, 2014
NCC is a great school and has many opportunities for growth and the people and students are great. Co-workers are supportive of each other and job enhancement opportunities (training/workshops) are always available. The paperwork required can be daunting at times but once you are used to the format it becomes secondary. I enjoyed working with the students the most.
Great place to build your skills.
Federal Work-Study Assistant (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTJuly 22, 2014
Pros: school and work were in the same place
Cons: could lose hours at any time. not stable
Norwalk community college was a great place for students just starting out to build their skills in an office environment. A typical day at work for me was between it being very slow to very high paced. There hardly was a middle ground. Myself and my co-workers would greet any students or parents that came in and assisted with any issues they had to the best of our ability. I assisted with helping students make appointments with Advisors during the school year. My co-workers were very friendly and it felt more like a family.
I loved my job at the college
Student Activities Staff Member (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTApril 29, 2014
I always had fun at my job, and always had something to do. I was also taking classes. There was always time to study and do homework. My day would start at 8 am. My schedule was very flexible to include my class schedule. It wasn't a tough job. I answered phones, typed up letters, made posters, and other random tasks. I enjoyed my co-workers and my manager. We always had a relaxed environment and always worked good together. I worked at a student lounge, so It was always fun to see and hear all that was going on around me. It was a great environment.
Student worker
Kitchen Associate (Former Employee), Norwalk CTApril 10, 2014
Pros: only could do 15 hours a week
I went to work with a success attitude. Finishing school was my goal but then I found out that I can work and get an education. That was assume. I begin to float from one department to the next when I planted in the culinary arts department. I learned so much and done so many things that I thank God for the time.
It is a great place to work before and after classes.
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTMarch 27, 2014
I usually help students and professors with some computer programs that they have troubles with.
Encouraging Educational Environment
Financial Aid Associate (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTMarch 25, 2014
Pros: great staff, very team focused
Cons: quiet days with not a lot to do
I loved my job at the college! While I was working towards my associates degree, I started working in the Financial Aid Office. Here I was able to work with students and parents. I was responsible for helping students apply for financial aid, filing confidential records, and other administrative tasks. This job gave me a great foundation of what life in an office setting was like and although at times could be slow, the administrators always made sure we were learning.
Fast minded work place
Administrative Work - Work Study (Former Employee), Wilton, CTJanuary 2, 2014
Filing at least on average of 4 to 6 boxes a day of students records into their files and organizing and creating new files requires speed and all information is confidential
Productive and Always learning
Student-Worker (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTDecember 18, 2013
typical day at work would be cleaning and setting up for dinning or meeting functions
I learned how to cook, different ways to set up, serve, proper dining techniques
Management was great always made sure i was doing what i was suppose to
most enjoyable part was free food and learning about the different methods of cooking from basic to international
Fun college to learn/work at
Student Activities Staff Member (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTJuly 18, 2013
I loved all of my professors and learned so much while studying there. I loved my laid back job.
Faculty Services East Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTJune 16, 2013
I enjoyed coming in to work and learning more and more. The staff was very nice and sweet. I really liked this job.
Positive approaches and highly professional
Teacher of ESL and French (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: difficult to secure full-time employment
The atmosphere at NCC is overwhelmingly positive and exciting for both staff and students. This institution exudes success.
Many opportunities
Allied Health Instructor (Current Employee), Norwalk, CAOctober 6, 2012
The administration cares about students and focuses on a diverse population that includes well-educated older students seeking new career directions. It reaises the caliber of the teaching and administration.
Laid back college campus
Design Lab Monitor (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: getting to do my class projects when my help wasn't needed
Cons: low compensation
Spent several hours a week overseeing the design labs at the college. The labs are used during non-class time for the students to do work, and I was on hand to help with any issues and also got to design promo materials for the art/design department.
Producer Assistant
TV Station Internship (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTAugust 29, 2012
-Set up equipment for live television shows.
-Edit shows in Avid Media Composer
-Help students with projects
-Edit some videos for some clients.
-Prepared scripts for shows.
-Created some footage for commercials
worth it
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTJune 3, 2012
Pros: co workers
Although my tine here was short, I enjoyed what I did and learned a little from the experience