Norwalk Community Health Center Employee Reviews

Overall good
Social Service and Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTNovember 11, 2016
Overall satisfactory, Poor management, many possibilities to learn, such as training, workshops, access to a variety of health companies.
Very poor in job compensation and benefits.
review for year 2009
Positive, growing, community orientated facility.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 2, 2014
A typical work day consists of high volume of clients requesting for assistance with appointment scheduling, account payments, information about facility growth, etc. With this practice I have obtained skills with patient communication, management of a team, insurance information for CT, and collaborate with a healthcare team. The staff is very friendly and always willing to help without strife. The doctors are great and work very well with clinical staff and administration. Toughest part of the job is maintaining control of high volume of clients.
Pros
Great location, positive staff, room for growth, great learning experience.
Cons
No cons
Exellent staff, positive environment to be around.
Medical Assistant Externship/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 25, 2012
A typical work day would consist of making sure all rooms are stocked appropriately, screening patients, performing tests, collecting specimens, and minor administrative duties (mainly clinical).
The staff there is very friendly and helpful. They are all about team work and everyone pulling their own weight.
Hardest part of the job was creating a proper balance in your administrative and clinical duties. That is why communication with your team is key.
Pros
free coffee/tea, hour breaks
Cons
healthcare package
Productive work environment
Pediatric Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 27, 2013
Took patient vitals. Performed
PKU's. Performed hearing and vision testing.
Pros
Flexible work schedule.
Cons
No benefits
A fun place to work.
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Pediatrics) (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 9, 2015
Working with small children makes your day.I learned to provide care for kids from new born to 18yrs. of age.superb co workers and overall is a good company.
Productive and fun workplace. Their are always good changes
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 18, 2014
Everyday I am learning something new. My co-workers make me feel like I have been working there for a long time. I have learned to work with Pediatric, and Adult patients. The hardest part of the job is not getting attached to my patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is coming in to work every morning to help everyone that is seeking care from a Doctor.
Very flexible
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 5, 2013
Great pay, great people, they really help me during my transition to college. i miss this job and would go back in a heartbeat!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Norwalk Community Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4