Norwalk Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Hospital
Communication Associate (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 10, 2017
Working at Norwalk hospital has been a really great opportunity, one where i am able to interact not only with the staff members, but also members of the community. Management is great, the CEO actually takes time to visit different departments in order to get familiar with the employees and thank us for the wonderful service we do provide on a daily basis. It's like having a big extended family that continues to grow.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Health benefits could be better
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 9, 2016
The management truly cared and looked out for the employees which is something i wasnt used to being that was something i never recieved at Transcare. And the pay for ems was way better there along with the health benefits.
Pros
Management went to bat for us
Cons
Hospital setting, usual activity.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Acceptable place to work.
Company followed procedures, paid on time. Acceptable benefits and employee package.
For a small company it was a stable place to work until they went contract and keyed us off.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Contract equals layoff
Busy hospital
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 27, 2016
A typical day is usually busy and long. I have learned a great deal about supply chain and the importance of being proficient at it. Management at the hospital works hard for the employees and the patients. They do the best they can with current budget restraints. The people I work with in my department as well as others throughout the hospital are very pleasant and professional.
community hospital
Certified Nurse Midwife (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 4, 2017
Community hospital with an extremely warm and supportive staff. As a midwife there, I have an in-house physical who is my back up MD 24/7. The nurses I work with are very experienced and the environment is warm, supportive, and collaborative. We have a great team at Norwalk Hospital!
Overall great place to work.
Stationary Engineer (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 12, 2016
Great work environment. Extremely professional and positive work environment. Job stability and good benefits. Great healthcare program.
Access Management
Access Management (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 30, 2016
Terrible management. Constant threats. No room for growth. Access Management should be reconstructed and reorganized. People are quitting every week. The merge with Danbury was a very big mistake. No one even knows who their union rep is and they're constantly moving employees to Danbury. Unbelievable.
excellent clerical skills
Volunteer Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 9, 2016
I gain a lot of experience work as a clerical clerk such as collating, typing, filing, and labeling. The assignment was easy and manageable and I like the job, people an surrounding.
Pros
free snaks
Cons
short hours
Slow Morning ; Clean Environment ; Unpredictable
CENTRAL STERILIZIATION PROCESSING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 27, 2016
I worked mornings which typically started out slow, eventually speeding up. The SPD (Sterile Processing Unit) was clean as well as other wings of the hospital. Very challenging at times because anything can happen in a work shift.
Fun place to work until merge with Norwalk Hospital in 2011
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Norwalk Radiology East Avenue Norwalk, CtMarch 28, 2016
Great co-workers to sit around and talk about who would do what for the day. I learned so much, not only about the job itself but how the different departments worked and then everything came together to the transcription department. The hardest part of the job was learning new systems (very often). The most enjoyable part of the job was the typing itself - correcting punctuation and 'catching"incorrect body parts, incorrect dates of service and incorrect patient names.
Pros
Amount of vacation time and paid days off (when it was Norwalk Radiology)
Cons
Change in workers attitudes after it became Norwalk Hospital. Not a happy place.
Provided administrative supportive for Chief of Radiation Oncology and one other radiation oncologist
Exec.Sec.; Asst. to Chief of Rad/Onc/Medical Dir. (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTDecember 1, 2015
Worked at Norwalk Hospital for 14 years and started the job as a temp and worked my way up to be being the Executive Secretary to the Chief of the Department.

It was a highly stressful position with an extensive amount of transcription that had to be done.

I also was responsible for training other secretarial staff.
Pros
It was steady, secure employment. I met some wonderful patients and co workers at my job.
Cons
We had an antiquated system in place as far as dictation, and it took 4 times longer to do the work than it should have.
Great place to work in a snow storm
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Norwalk hospitalMarch 15, 2013
Community based hospital with minimally diverse staff( most employees Live local and Norwalk boasts that its "on the water" but that's about the most the area has as its claim to fame . Employee longevity does exist which may appear to be a bonus but if your looking for advancement good luck as VERY few other area hospitals to move on to. Major error in hiring from within as a staff RN should never be advanced to manage their department for the obvious favoritism reasons
Pros
easily accessible from highways, occasional lunch voucher for $5.00, docs are friendly, nurses eat their young
Cons
management is a mess, hospital units have clicks which management feeds into, extreme back stabbing re nurses, staffing issues
Great working enviroment
Emergency Room Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 23, 2016
Was allowed to grow skills as an ER nurse. Great co-workers and management. Working in the ER felt like I was working with my family and friends
A good place to work overall
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 24, 2016
was encouraged to learn and get more education
co-workers were nice
a very busy fast paced environment, multiple things happening at once.
great place to work
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 26, 2016
I really enjoyed working here, hope to secure a position here again some time in the near future.

very productive environment to be
Different for Me.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 1, 2016
I have a different outlook because I was hired through an agency and not the hospital. So my opinion and scenario is automatically different, then someone whom was hired right through the hospital, most of the people that work there have been there for many many years though.
Friendly atmosphere. Everyone is most helpful.
Manager - Grace Cole Jones Gift Shop (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 1, 2013
Norwalk Hospital is a great place to work. It has been a tremendous learning experience for me. I loved working with the employees and volunteers and met some truly wonderful people that I will keep in touch with always.
Pros
excellent benefits, flexible hours.
Cons
depending which department you are in, there is not much room for advancement.
Productive day taking care of patients
Patient Care Technician Oncology and Float (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 30, 2016
A typical day at work consists of taking care of 8-9 patients and assisting them in ADLS, taking their vitals, and other procedures such as EKGS and glucose checks that needs to be done on patients.
Fun Place, Poor Management since Merger with WCHN
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwalk ctJune 22, 2015
Fun Place, Poor Management since Merger with WCHN; great work environment communication through merger lacking.
good benefits
Sr. Health Information Management Associate (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTDecember 6, 2015
Good place to work and grown as an individual. Co-workers were great to work with and the management is good . It's very accommodating to working mothers
Pros
Flexibiltiy
Cons
Short lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Norwalk Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.