Norwalk Hospital Employee Reviews

Intake Coordinator/Adm. Asst. (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTNovember 3, 2017
great place to work, have enjoyed it very much. looking forward to
the future here. treated fair. Room to advance. Company morale
very high in my department.
Productive, Innovative, Service with Excellence
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 31, 2017
Great work environment with room to grow and excel. Leadership competencies are top notched and it is emulated throughout the hospital and nice Staff!
Pros
Career advancement is strongly encouraged
Cons
Paying for parking
Norwalk Hospital Review
Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 25, 2017
Great Place to work -very close knit group. Work climate was very hectic but rewarding when patients were happy with the services. Worked independently with minimal supervision.
Pros
5 weeks vacation
Cons
Employee benefits very expensive
nice environment
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 15, 2017
Norwalk hospital is a nice and clean facility. Excellent ancillary staff. Tiger text makes communication very easy. I have learned a lot about managing medical patients since I primarily work in surgery
It was a good experience.
Administrative-Aid Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 12, 2017
It was a good experience when I volunteered at Norwalk Hospital as a high school student because I learned that I did not want to be a nurse or doctor for my profession. Also, I developed empathy for patients whom I saw suffering and was glad I could help them. The whole experience taught me to be grateful for my excellent health and my family members' wonderful health.
Pros
Great exposure to the health care field.
Cons
Depressing seeing patients so sick.
review
User Provisioning/ IS Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Norwalk, CTOctober 11, 2017
Norwalk Hospital is great place to work for. After Danbury hospital took over, lot of things changed and lot of people left Norwalk hospital. I am still looking for a position to work for norwalk hospital but my department might be moving to Danbury soon.
Fun Place
Temp Medical Secretary- Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 25, 2017
Great place to work, they offer a lot of benefits and plenty of overtime. They work with you on having a balanced schedule so that you are able to manage your schedule.
Great place to work. Team work
Radiology Technician (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 17, 2017
I like to work there even when sometimes it's very busy. The physicians are easy to work with even the surgeons in the OR. It's a cool place to work because most of the staff are easy to work with. We always work as a team even when the supervisor is not present. Sometimes I get to be in charge in the evening and the work still get done when I'm scheduled to do the OR on mondays.
Cons
We do short brakes sometimes when it's very busy
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  7 East SurgerySeptember 15, 2017
This is a great place to work, I am still employed here, and I enjoy my job and the people I work with. I have learned a whole lot while working here, and I continue to learn as much as I can.
Short staffed
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAAugust 24, 2017
Good coworkers. But I wouldn't want to be a patient census was always high. I enjoyed working with a variety of different people . The company was short staffed at least in the respiratory department. They also did things that stretched the employees too thin.
Pros
Great team
Cons
To many patients
Businessmen managing healthcare
RN (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 22, 2017
Lots of good clinical staff, management can use some help. A good place to gather experience there are a lot of caring clinicians whom are very dedicated but appreciation and advancement is minimal.
Lots of rules
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  NorwalkAugust 21, 2017
The hospital seems like it doesn't care for employees. Everyone blames security when something goes wrong. But other than that hospital is pretty good.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Short breaks
Physician Assistant
Surgical PA house staff (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 9, 2017
It was over 30 years ago that I worked here.
It was a great place to work at that time and I would imagine that it still is. I strongly encourage PAs to apply.
Busy and competitive place.
LINE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 7, 2017
Always in a busy atmosphere with the different menus and request about the food the every patient need but really nice place to work with opportunities to grow and learn. I did like the experience with different task to do.
Reviewed in previous page
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 19, 2017
I reviewed this on the previous page. I was promoted in 2012 from a Secretary II to Administrative Coordinator. With this position I was given more responsibility.
Benefits
Cons
Unsecure
Community Hospital
Quality Improvement / Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 17, 2017
the staff care about the people, in a community setting. Willing to go the extra distance for the patients and families to ensure a positive outcome for everyone involved.
Pros
good cafeteria
Cons
unstable environment
Attending to patient's needs
Patient care advocate (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 24, 2017
My job as a patient advocate was to visit the patients and make sure that their stay was comfortable. I would take care of their basic needs and provide emotional support.
steady and productive
Multimodality staff technologist (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 21, 2017
I have been employed by Norwalk Hospital in some form over the past 30 years. My entrance position was in Diagnostic Radiology, progressing into CAT Scan and special procedures. When I started my family I was fortunate to be able to work part time for many years in diagnostic and CT. When returning to full time I was employed as MRI and CT. They have been very accommodating in the past and I have formed many great friendships here. The hardest part of this job is not the day to day but upper management that is disconnected which does not help morale.
Staff is polite and friendly
Discharge Planner (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 9, 2017
I have learned a great deal about health care, and the need for all levels of functions to ensure that the facility (hospital) is compensated for it efforts through insurance claims and Patient needs.
Pros
Great staff and polite Patients.
Cons
Taken over by a larger hospital - Lack of individualness
Buen ambiente laboral
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  34maple st NorwalkMay 9, 2017
Excelente lugar de trabajo , buen equipo de trabajo ,excelente ambiente laboral .