Norwalk Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work until merge with Norwalk Hospital in 2011
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Norwalk Radiology East Avenue Norwalk, CtMarch 28, 2016
Great co-workers to sit around and talk about who would do what for the day. I learned so much, not only about the job itself but how the different departments worked and then everything came together to the transcription department. The hardest part of the job was learning new systems (very often). The most enjoyable part of the job was the typing itself - correcting punctuation and 'catching"incorrect body parts, incorrect dates of service and incorrect patient names.
Pros
Amount of vacation time and paid days off (when it was Norwalk Radiology)
Cons
Change in workers attitudes after it became Norwalk Hospital. Not a happy place.
Slow Morning ; Clean Environment ; Unpredictable
CENTRAL STERILIZIATION PROCESSING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 27, 2016
I worked mornings which typically started out slow, eventually speeding up. The SPD (Sterile Processing Unit) was clean as well as other wings of the hospital. Very challenging at times because anything can happen in a work shift.
Access Management
Access Management (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 30, 2016
Terrible management. Constant threats. No room for growth. Access Management should be reconstructed and reorganized. People are quitting every week. The merge with Danbury was a very big mistake. No one even knows who their union rep is and they're constantly moving employees to Danbury. Unbelievable.
Different for Me.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 1, 2016
I have a different outlook because I was hired through an agency and not the hospital. So my opinion and scenario is automatically different, then someone whom was hired right through the hospital, most of the people that work there have been there for many many years though.
Productive day taking care of patients
Patient Care Technician Oncology and Float (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 30, 2016
A typical day at work consists of taking care of 8-9 patients and assisting them in ADLS, taking their vitals, and other procedures such as EKGS and glucose checks that needs to be done on patients.
Provided administrative supportive for Chief of Radiation Oncology and one other radiation oncologist
Exec.Sec.; Asst. to Chief of Rad/Onc/Medical Dir. (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTDecember 1, 2015
Worked at Norwalk Hospital for 14 years and started the job as a temp and worked my way up to be being the Executive Secretary to the Chief of the Department.

It was a highly stressful position with an extensive amount of transcription that had to be done.

I also was responsible for training other secretarial staff.
Pros
It was steady, secure employment. I met some wonderful patients and co workers at my job.
Cons
We had an antiquated system in place as far as dictation, and it took 4 times longer to do the work than it should have.
great place to work
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 26, 2016
I really enjoyed working here, hope to secure a position here again some time in the near future.

very productive environment to be
A good place to work overall
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 24, 2016
was encouraged to learn and get more education
co-workers were nice
a very busy fast paced environment, multiple things happening at once.
Great working enviroment
Emergency Room Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 23, 2016
Was allowed to grow skills as an ER nurse. Great co-workers and management. Working in the ER felt like I was working with my family and friends
Nice place to work
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 21, 2016
Norwalk Hospital was a nice place to work - enjoyed the patients because I am a people person. Liked working in the Emergency Room.
Pros
Nice co-workers, nice environment
Cons
low pay
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTNovember 4, 2015
A typical day at my job is working with 3 technicians in the ER one is usually in the OR and the other 2 are in the ER performing X-rays on outpatients, and all over the Hospital. My co workers are great. There is always one person in charge but that charge person is often very flexible, when he's not around the job always get done anyway. The hardest part of the job is when they need 2 people in the OR and we have to call the on call tech to come in. This person usually refused to come or when he comes never goes in the OR to relieve the other OR Tech. It's always a problem. The most enjoyable part of the work is when we have to go to dinner and no one wants to say when they want to go because we like everyone to choose whatever time he or she wants; not trying to be selfish. I learned a lot for example correcting mistakes from doctors orders, Using different kind of C arms in the OR, and most important performing great x rays.
Not much room for improvement
Patient Registrar/ Bed Placement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 9, 2016
Company is extremely bias, and it is like pulling teeth getting in touch with anyone in the Human Resources department.
Sr. Health Information Management Associate (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTDecember 6, 2015
Good place to work and grown as an individual. Co-workers were great to work with and the management is good . It's very accommodating to working mothers
Pros
Flexibiltiy
Cons
Short lunch
Fast and productive
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTDecember 28, 2015
A great working atmosphere, Where you can work as a team and also show leadership. Great place to gain skills in the IV room, as well as learn from one another.
Extremely busy, stressful, but very productive
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 25, 2015
Come in and see what has been put on your desk from what has already come in from the fax machine and/or from the lab. Sign in on the computer to see what messages are left by the doctors that need to be done. Co-workers are very stuffy or should I say only deal with one another. When the work load becomes over bearing you are on your own. There is no enjoyable part of the job except for the fact that it is something that you like doing, but would appreciate working with more open and friendly peers.
Pros
Free lunches one day out of every week
Cons
There are no breaks because the work load is so heavy.
Great Place to work and great Ethics
Chef/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 22, 2015
Was a great company to work for and gained a lot of knowledge in the production of 560 dieatary doctor ordered prescription meals
Pros
uniforms, Knifes and one on one thouroh training provided
Cons
no smoking on or neard the campus
Norwalk Hospital
Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTNovember 10, 2015
Working here was good because of the people that I worked with. The atmosphere was not too uptight considering it's the east coast. People were great management was good. It's a growing place.
Good job it keeps you busy
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 11, 2015
Overall it is a great hospital and good job. If you like to be kept busy this is a great job for you. The people are nice and if you like helping people that are ill this will be a great place to work. It has many deartments that you can work in and you are able to advance to a different department with schooling and skills.
Professional and commitment to excellence staff
Critical Care Lead Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 4, 2015
I enjoyed working there for so many years and would recommend to anyone to work there. Progressive community hospital with dedicated staff.
Certified Nurses Assistant
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 31, 2015
Care for patients during the preoperative process by providing pre-surgical washes, aiding the RN in completing the surgical SBAR tool, monitoring vital signs and providing support and comfort
• Obtain frequent vital signs to assess for deviations in baseline to report to RN
• Promote and assist with post surgery ambulation and other activities of daily living
• Record and monitor outputs from lines and devices such as Foley catheters, Jackson Pratt drains and chest tubes
• Assist with maintaining equipment and supplies as required
• Report baseline changes observed in patient, particular conditions or other problems to licensed nurse