Norwalk Hospital

Norwalk Hospital Employer Reviews

A great place to work and learn.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTOctober 16, 2014
Calling Medical Ins Companies for status on claims. Able to have Medical Ins pay claims on time.

The co-worker were great. We all helped when needed.
ok
plumber (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTSeptember 24, 2014
no teamwork bad mgt not enough money not a great place to work
i enjoy working as RN and love my job..i still work in Norwalk hospital on tele floor
RN (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTSeptember 19, 2014
The culture is changing though compared to 10years that I have been there..it's very "Budget" oriented culture now,,,I feel that sometimes the type of care that you want to give is judged by how long extra you are staying at work that might cost them money..I would rather give a good care and not be paid for that extra amount of few minutes.
we used – more... to have a patient ratio per nurse assignments and also patient/CNA ratio assignments but that does not exist any more..!!
it's frustrating when you can not give that care that you would like to give when you are controlled by "budget". restrictions.
I would have 4-5 pts assignments. i will discuss with pts/families regarding the plan of care for that specific pt and also assist in different types of cares or communitcations that they may need.
We try to work as a team work on the floor. and use our resources to assist for the pt's optimal level of care.
we do rounds with case managers and also communicate with physicians/pts/families regarding pt's needs.
the most enjoyeable part of my job is to see pt's positive satisfaction and be able to help that pt/family for their needs. it's great to be there at the moment that pt really needs a helping hands to make him feel better as a whole. I really love to be able to give a great care .. I always wanted to be a nurse when i was growing up...I had been a candystriper when I was in 8th grade at Verterans Hospitalo in West Haven Ct in nursing services..and decided that i really wanted to be a nurse..and Here I AM...after 34yrs of working as an RN. . – less
Productive place to work
Environmental Service Aide (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: comfortable working environment
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work includes sanitizing patient areas, cleaning general areas,cleaning and spreading patients bed.My co-workers include a mixture of all races with different cultures .
It is good place to work with aesthetic environment. the co-workers have helping nature and which helps to carry out our work smoothly.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: aprreciation by providing a free coffee coupen for the job well done, bonus for the night shift, computer documentation, encouragement by the management for the excellence in pathway, regular reviewing of the nursing procedures and practices
Cons: patient nurse ratio
I work night shift. Even though I work in Oncology and hospice unit I have got opportunity to take care of the patients with many medical problems and surgical complications. I have had an opportunity to perform many bedside procedures such as catheteriaztion, CAPD, draining of pleurex catheters, tracheostomy suctioning, wound dressings and also I am – more... proficient in iv insertion. I have also had an opportunity in assissting the doctors with bedside procedures such as thoracentesis, paracentesis, central line insertion, LP, etc, I have been working as the charge nurse and has the capability of managing the floor and resolve any issues that arises. The co-workers help each other to carry out the work smoothly even in stressful situations. The hardest part of my job is convincing the family members and the patient about the hospice care, but by expalining the disease process and the care that is provided, they get convinced. The most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of the patients and seeing their smile and also helping my co-workers. – less
Really enjoyed this job
Administrative Assistant (contractual) (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTJune 28, 2014
I loved helping people and the coworkers were great. There are some problems when dealing with management but it's a hospital.
A great place to work and to advance in the work place
Computer Operator and Admitting Clerk (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTMay 29, 2014
I was hired as an admitting clerk and after a while saw a job opening in the computer room I was then hired and worked as a Computer Operator. I had lots of friends and enjoyed working at Norwalk Hospital.
Excellent Employer
DIRECTOR, Physician Practices (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTApril 30, 2014
Pros: dedicated staff
Currently becoming part of Western Connecticut Health Network Small community hospital becoming part of large regional health network.
Nice Place to Work
Clinical DTR Intern, Food Service Intern (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTApril 5, 2014
Pros: free sodas, lots to learn from being there
I was lucky enough to be able to intern on both sides of the nutrition department at Norwalk Hospital - both in food service and in clinical. Given that is a 313 bed hospital, I learned quite a lot there. In food service, I learned very quickly how fast paced it is when half the hospital orders lunch at the same time. I enjoyed learning what it was – more... like to work in that kind of a kitchen, and putting the things I learned in school into practice. I got to do purchase orders, inventory, sanitation audits and the head chef and I worked together to release a line of products for sale in the main cafeteria.
On the clinical side of things, I got to see a lot more patient interaction. I learned to read medical charts, and fill out dietary concerns charts. I got lots of practice in writing diagnoses and with interviewing, assessing and educating patients.
Overall, it was a great experience. – less
Customer Care
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch, free samples, loving patients
Cons: too many chiefs not enough indians. people need to learn how to work together
Fun and rewarding
Hard work
Challenging in a good way
Ace boss (Great communicator)
Learn something new all the time
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTFebruary 14, 2014
I have grown and learned so much while working at Norwalk Hospital. I have been able to work with an amazing team who is supportive and always there for me. Working here has shaped the person and the counselor I am.
Fun work place
Operator (Former Employee), Norwalk CTJanuary 16, 2014
Very easy job! Nice people to work for! Good benefits!
I don't know what else to say it keeps telling me to write more.

I STILL WORK HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great Organization
Pharmaceutical Technician (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTNovember 22, 2013
Excellent Organization to work for. Excellent growth opportunities for young entry-level healthcare professionals.
Enjoyable!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTNovember 21, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my day is making someone happy who is very, very ill. The hardest part of my job when a patient thinks it's the end of the world when they get sutures, but in the room next door the patient is dying of cancer.
nice people to work with
Senior Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTOctober 29, 2013
Pros: good benefits, nice people to work with
Cons: n/a
Supported client groups in recruiting and employee relations
A Great Place to Work
ED Tech (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTSeptember 25, 2013
I very much enjoyed working at Norwalk Hospital mainly because:
1) I always felt supported by my fellow co-workers including management
2) mostly everyone at work was quite friendly and fun-loving
3) safety of the environment for patients and employees alike

The hardest part of the job was, well, being in the medical field many can relate, being on – more... our feet all of the time, but that comes with the territory! – less
Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee), Norwalk CtSeptember 23, 2013
Greet patients; answer phones; transport patients to various activities; file patient folders.
i enjoyed everything about working at the hospital
medical records clerk (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: it was a great place to work. excellent benefits
Cons: n/a
My employees were very kind and very helpful. They care about your well being and their patients.
Challenging and meaningful work
Supervisor of Operations, Department of Medicine (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTSeptember 3, 2013
I learned how to effectively manage other employees as well as how to oversee budgets for various departments. I valued the independent working environment, but enjoyed working with teams as well.
Dedicated to the health of the community
Programmer/Analyst - report developer (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTAugust 30, 2013
Pros: agreeable working environment
Cons: financial cutbacks due to government cutbacks
Typical day: Prepare weekly reports. Run processes to transfer data from the financial system to another to the reporting system. Develop SQL code to incorporate the data in the Earnings_Data table into the FTE report.
Learned: SSMS, SSIS, Access, Eclipsys, McKesson.
Management: Considerate, committed, thoughtful
Co-workers: diligent, friendly, helpful
Hardest – more... part: absorbing the new technology while still continuing to be productive.
Most enjoyable part: that, in some small way, I am helping my community. – less