Norwalk Hospital Employee Reviews

Norwalk Hospital
Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTNovember 10, 2015
Working here was good because of the people that I worked with. The atmosphere was not too uptight considering it's the east coast. People were great management was good. It's a growing place.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTNovember 4, 2015
A typical day at my job is working with 3 technicians in the ER one is usually in the OR and the other 2 are in the ER performing X-rays on outpatients, and all over the Hospital. My co workers are great. There is always one person in charge but that charge person is often very flexible, when he's not around the job always get done anyway. The hardest part of the job is when they need 2 people in the OR and we have to call the on call tech to come in. This person usually refused to come or when he comes never goes in the OR to relieve the other OR Tech. It's always a problem. The most enjoyable part of the work is when we have to go to dinner and no one wants to say when they want to go because we like everyone to choose whatever time he or she wants; not trying to be selfish. I learned a lot for example correcting mistakes from doctors orders, Using different kind of C arms in the OR, and most important performing great x rays.
Great Place to work and great Ethics
Chef/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 22, 2015
Was a great company to work for and gained a lot of knowledge in the production of 560 dieatary doctor ordered prescription meals
Pros
uniforms, Knifes and one on one thouroh training provided
Cons
no smoking on or neard the campus
Professional and commitment to excellence staff
Critical Care Lead Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 4, 2015
I enjoyed working there for so many years and would recommend to anyone to work there. Progressive community hospital with dedicated staff.
Extremely busy, stressful, but very productive
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 25, 2015
Come in and see what has been put on your desk from what has already come in from the fax machine and/or from the lab. Sign in on the computer to see what messages are left by the doctors that need to be done. Co-workers are very stuffy or should I say only deal with one another. When the work load becomes over bearing you are on your own. There is no enjoyable part of the job except for the fact that it is something that you like doing, but would appreciate working with more open and friendly peers.
Pros
Free lunches one day out of every week
Cons
There are no breaks because the work load is so heavy.
Good job it keeps you busy
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 11, 2015
Overall it is a great hospital and good job. If you like to be kept busy this is a great job for you. The people are nice and if you like helping people that are ill this will be a great place to work. It has many deartments that you can work in and you are able to advance to a different department with schooling and skills.
Challenge
Manager, Medical Staff Office (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 15, 2015
I was given challenging goals and has a short time period in which to achieve them. I enjoyed the challenge and was able to achieve these goals as planned. The people were wonderful to work with.
Pros
Challenging, people
Cons
commute
Fun Place, Poor Management since Merger with WCHN
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwalk ctJune 22, 2015
Fun Place, Poor Management since Merger with WCHN; great work environment communication through merger lacking.
good benefits
Certified Nurses Assistant
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 31, 2015
Care for patients during the preoperative process by providing pre-surgical washes, aiding the RN in completing the surgical SBAR tool, monitoring vital signs and providing support and comfort
• Obtain frequent vital signs to assess for deviations in baseline to report to RN
• Promote and assist with post surgery ambulation and other activities of daily living
• Record and monitor outputs from lines and devices such as Foley catheters, Jackson Pratt drains and chest tubes
• Assist with maintaining equipment and supplies as required
• Report baseline changes observed in patient, particular conditions or other problems to licensed nurse
This was one of my first jobs
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 23, 2015
I learned about circuit boards and how to fix a lot of electrical equipment at this job. There was no room for advancement and I decided to look for another job.
Challenging Working Place for PCTs
PCT (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 12, 2015
Beneficial for PCTs will be to improve their workflow, decrease the patient volume, and work on co-workers involvement during the working process.
Pros
Inservices
Cons
Short breaks, High patient volume
it was a learning experience
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 7, 2015
I loved my job as a medical records clerk I was in charge of all the medical records and the staff was very nice. the best part about my job was I was being watched it was a slow paced environment. the job itself was very easy.
loved working with the team in the ER
Patient Registrar I (Former Employee) –  Norwalk CTApril 1, 2015
It was a good working environment but it was only temporary. I would have loved to have received more training, instead of four weeks, I would have loved 6 weeks. The hardest part of the job was that you had to be on your feet all day and it was a challenge for me. I loved working with my co-workers. loved the team that I worked with in the ER. The nurses and security guards were very friendly.
Pros
Good people to work with in the ED
Cons
Not enough training
Rn staff nurse
RN STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  Norwalk CTMarch 31, 2015
Worked on various different floors, including med/surg, rehab, ortho and neuro. I enjoyed working at the hospital.

I enjoyed working with the patients and their families.
Responsible, Advanced, Leader in Cardiac Rehab looking to Relocate
Sr. Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 26, 2015
I am a hardworking, trustworthy and responsible Exercise Physiologist who is wanting to relocate closer to my birthplace. During my normal day I design, implement and evaluate exercise programs for Cardiac Rehabilitation patients. I also analyze data on patients on a daily, monthly and yearly basis. I collaborate efforts with physicians, and nurses to establish the best exercise regime for the increased health of our patients.
Pros
Love working with the patients, and as a team
very interesting place to work
Unit Secretary-Psych Unit (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 23, 2015
i really enjoyed working on psy unit it gave me alot if experince in working with people with issuesand understanding how to work with them i also ran the office
fun work place
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 20, 2015
strip, wax floors, co-workers were full of life and very polite job wasn't hard but it was very fun
Pros
enjoyable
Medical secretary and MA
Medical Secretary and MA (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 16, 2015
Overworked and underpaid
Coworkers were fine
Too much work to do not related to the position for which I was paid for
Dealing with patients was the most rewarding part of the position
Had to work through lunches when there wasnt enough staff when someone went on vacation which happened quite often and would be paid for the lunches but I am an insulin dependent diabetic on a pump and had to eat at regular intervals to prevent hyper glycemia
Pros
45 min lunches
Cons
No overtime hours
fun place
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJanuary 6, 2015
very busy all my skill good coworkers very good enviroment to work for
Multi-Specialty Surgical PA Resident
Yale School of Medicine Surgical PA Resident (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTNovember 28, 2014
As part of a 12 month intensive residency program, we work as part of a surgery team lead by an attending surgeon. As residents, we first assist, cover the floors, clinic, and take both OR and overnight call. We cover the General, Colorectal, Vascular, Thoracic, Bariatric, Neuro, and orthopedic surgery services, as well as rotate through the SICU and work on the trauma team. We perform multiple surgical procedures including suturing, NG/Dobhoff Tube placement, chest tubes, central lines, wound vac placement, and many others. As residents, we also undergo a rigorous clinical education, including daily morning lecture series, M and M, journal club, tumor board, and case presentations. Additionally, we are able to choose two elective surgical rotations in either trauma, EM, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, thoracic surgery, CT surgery, and Surgical critical care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Norwalk Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval