Norwalk Hospital Employee Reviews

CP3 is the place to be
Staff RN Psychiatry (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 17, 2017
The staff is wonderful and caring. Those who work there stay because the environment is so good. Great sense of teamwork. I would work there again in a heartbeat.
Place to get experience.
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 13, 2017
The company is good if you want to get experience in the health field, but if you are looking for advancement this is not the place to be. Pay is not great and the benefits are not what they should be when you are working for a hospital.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Short breaks, over worked for the pay.
Nice Place to Work
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 5, 2017
Loved my boss and my team. Worked there for 3 years. only problem for me was the commute. Very beautiful place to work and staff are professional and friendly.
Great company
Revenue Cycle Analyst (Medical Biller) (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 30, 2017
This hospital is a great company. Management can be a little tough on you. I learned how to work using different medical billing system. I worked with very hard working people as well.
Productive,fun environment. Patient Birthdays always celebrated.
staff nurse,care for patients and initiate HD . (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 16, 2017
Working at Norwalk Hospital was an excellent learning experience
for me as a new graduate. The orientation and mentorship was outstanding.
We were very close knit with colleagues and patients. We would rotate shifts and stations,we became familiar with the variations & challenges that each shift provided,
We,all staff members, including Nephrologists served the patients & their family a Christmas meal.
Pros
Excellent Reports from RN to RN.Good hours, rotations and ratios.
Cons
Limited growth opportunities.
mixed feelings
Ultrasound Technologist- Per Diem to Full Time (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 15, 2017
Norwalk is a wonderful place to work because of the people you work with. However, due to increased rates of benefits, and not much of a salary rase, I bring home less now than when I started.
Hospital setting, usual activity.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Acceptable place to work.
Company followed procedures, paid on time. Acceptable benefits and employee package.
For a small company it was a stable place to work until they went contract and keyed us off.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Contract equals layoff
It used to be great
RN (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 11, 2017
This used to be an amazing facility to work at. Great pay, decent schedules, adequate time off, very team oriented environment. Then Norwalk merged with WCHN and started having financial problems. After a bunch of layoffs and changes to structure, it is now unsafe to work here. New policies were put into place that have increased the work load tremendously for Staff RNs. I left because I was often given a high acuity assignment with 6-7 patients in the ED. I felt I was constantly getting scolded by management and everybody was getting stressed out over improving "times." The pay was great, benefits were fair and I always got plenty of vacation time. We self scheduled and our manager was very good about giving us the schedule we requested. Staff RNs were very team oriented and would help you if you needed it.
Pros
Pay, schedule, co-workers
Cons
Staffing, management, policies
Great Hospital
Communication Associate (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 10, 2017
Working at Norwalk hospital has been a really great opportunity, one where i am able to interact not only with the staff members, but also members of the community. Management is great, the CEO actually takes time to visit different departments in order to get familiar with the employees and thank us for the wonderful service we do provide on a daily basis. It's like having a big extended family that continues to grow.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Health benefits could be better
community hospital
Certified Nurse Midwife (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 4, 2017
Community hospital with an extremely warm and supportive staff. As a midwife there, I have an in-house physical who is my back up MD 24/7. The nurses I work with are very experienced and the environment is warm, supportive, and collaborative. We have a great team at Norwalk Hospital!
Busy hospital
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 27, 2016
A typical day is usually busy and long. I have learned a great deal about supply chain and the importance of being proficient at it. Management at the hospital works hard for the employees and the patients. They do the best they can with current budget restraints. The people I work with in my department as well as others throughout the hospital are very pleasant and professional.
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 9, 2016
The management truly cared and looked out for the employees which is something i wasnt used to being that was something i never recieved at Transcare. And the pay for ems was way better there along with the health benefits.
Pros
Management went to bat for us
excellent clerical skills
Volunteer Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 9, 2016
I gain a lot of experience work as a clerical clerk such as collating, typing, filing, and labeling. The assignment was easy and manageable and I like the job, people an surrounding.
Pros
free snaks
Cons
short hours
Overall great place to work.
Stationary Engineer (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 12, 2016
Great work environment. Extremely professional and positive work environment. Job stability and good benefits. Great healthcare program.
Slow Morning ; Clean Environment ; Unpredictable
CENTRAL STERILIZIATION PROCESSING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 27, 2016
I worked mornings which typically started out slow, eventually speeding up. The SPD (Sterile Processing Unit) was clean as well as other wings of the hospital. Very challenging at times because anything can happen in a work shift.
A good place to work overall
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 24, 2016
was encouraged to learn and get more education
co-workers were nice
a very busy fast paced environment, multiple things happening at once.
great place to work
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 26, 2016
I really enjoyed working here, hope to secure a position here again some time in the near future.

very productive environment to be
Access Management
Access Management (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 30, 2016
Terrible management. Constant threats. No room for growth. Access Management should be reconstructed and reorganized. People are quitting every week. The merge with Danbury was a very big mistake. No one even knows who their union rep is and they're constantly moving employees to Danbury. Unbelievable.
Different for Me.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 1, 2016
I have a different outlook because I was hired through an agency and not the hospital. So my opinion and scenario is automatically different, then someone whom was hired right through the hospital, most of the people that work there have been there for many many years though.
Productive day taking care of patients
Patient Care Technician Oncology and Float (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 30, 2016
A typical day at work consists of taking care of 8-9 patients and assisting them in ADLS, taking their vitals, and other procedures such as EKGS and glucose checks that needs to be done on patients.