Norwegian American Hospital Employee Reviews

Nah
Attending Neonatologist, Medical Director NICU (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2017
Great place to work, personnel very cooperative and friendly. Great interactions. I was Chairman of Pediatrics and Bioethics, Chair of the Perinatal committee member of the Medical Executive committee, the CME committee and Medical Director of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Pros
Free lunch for medical staff.
Decent Work Environment
Medical Records/Birth Registrar Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2017
While working at this place, I acquire enough experience that helped me with my professional career. It gives you the opportunity to interact with people of different cultural backgrounds.
Life of cna
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2017
it was ok place to work i was able to experience alot and growth was tremendous. this is a teaching hospital and quite a bit of teaching was done to help me succeed
Community Hospital in Humboldt Park
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2017
Small community hospital with limited resources, however, there is a wonderful work culture with great coworkers. Nurses will be expected to take on multiple roles.
Dental Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2017
Alpha type Manager who literally hoover over you and constant high demands with cheap materials too work with. No respect of family time, very pushy and milli-micro managing
Patient care tech / medical Asst.
ER Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2017
I take care of patients in the er. I draw blood, takes vital signs , ekg, chart patients information in computer looks up patients information and computer, put in doctors order, making and receiving calls , also faxing and filing patient documents .
It was very family oriented when I was employed there.
Telecommunications & Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2017
I learned a lot while employed at Norwegian American Hospital and formed great relationships with management and staff. Some of those relationships I still maintain today.
Pros
Relationships formed
Cons
As in every job there are cons but for the most part my experience was good
Very stressful
Detox Counselor/Intake coordinator/register (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2017
It was a very stressful place to work always overloaded with work, never any support from nursing staff, which was mean to clients and to detox counselors. NO TEAM WORK!!
Pros
I like working with the clients and patients whom enter detox
Cons
poor communications with medical and clinical staff.
ok place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2017
organization does not treat employees fairly and allows managers to engage in favortism to its own benefit. would not recommend working here. apply at your own risk
Fast pace, balanced and competitive
Mental Health Counselor/ Sitter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60622July 29, 2017
My typical day is attending to all patients in a timely manner with a daily organized route. Each patient comes with a instructed unique plan of care
Pros
Team Work
Cons
No benefits for Registry On-Call employees
Not family oriented as they state they are!!
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2017
I wouldn't recommend my friends or family to work here. Training was not quite what the job responsibilities would be. Managers hold meetings without your knowledge. They terminate their employees through certified mail!
Pros
Flexibility of hours, cool and knowledgeable nurses!
Cons
Short breaks if any breaks, rude nursing supervisors, managers with little to no empathy at all, quick to throw employees under the bus when all else fails. Privacy violations between units, not wanting to deal with patients if family is present.
productive, friendly work atmosphere
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2017
Very clean and sanitary environment. Compassion given to patients in all settings. Advancement for improvement for all staff was available. great security and parking
great leadership team
Interim Chief Nursing Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2017
very long hours but rewarding, true community hospital very devoted to the needs of the community, an important part of the community. Very little room for advancement
Pros
great team
Cons
long hours with weekends
Good place to work for
Health Information Management Technician III (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2017
I learned many new things in the medical records setting.
A typical day at work.Hospital is a great place to work at. I got along with everyone management had open door policy any problem you had you can go and talk about it and supervisors were there to talk to they would be there to listen everyone was great.
Great job searching
Nursing Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 19, 2017
This company is a great place to work. One can gain lots of experience from working here and staff our team players and always willing to go above and beyond for the care of their patients. They show and give patients family comfort while caring for their love ones.
I would take the youth out swimming, parks and store
U I C (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 28, 2017
I loved working with the youth. It was exciting, motivating and loving.
I learned that everyone isn't the same, but we all equal.
The culture was mixed.
The enjoyable part was having the youth excited and happy.
The hard part was not understanding some youth.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
30 min breaks
typical day at work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 13, 2017
fast learner in training
responsible
adapted quickly to the environment
determination
work with different people and have fun while working
I like working with management that's is responsible fair and respectful
Pros
team work
Cons
taking your lunchbreak late
Work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Detox) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2017
Its a small hospital located on the west side of Chicago, friendly staff and decent pay but no advancement opportunities.
Teaching hospital
Medical surgical charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2017
My first full time hospital job. I learn fast at this hospital. I started working on med-surg unit, transferred to Tele unit, then to ICU and ED.
Poor Sr. Executive Team and Support
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2016
The CEO and Sr. Executive Team lack respect for one another which leads to a very bad working relationship among the team. The CEO would always promise staff wage increases but never follow through and would not communicate back to the staff as to why they were not getting any merit, or wage adjustment of any kind. Staff turnover is very high. Very difficult to recruit experienced / talented staff as a result. Care is not the greatest.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Staff Pay