Norwegian American Hospital

Norwegian American Hospital Employer Reviews

Very community friendly
Executive Assistant to the Director of Maternity (Current Employee), ChicagoOctober 31, 2014
This hospital encourages community togetherness. It is very important to the staff that the patients feel they are welcome and they are of value.
extremely fast paced
ER nurse (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2014
Pros: helping others
Cons: extremely fast paced, co-workers
not a department to start as a new grad nurse. it is extremely fast paced.
Community hospital with limited health care
Imaging Technologist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2014
Pros: technically updated with the newest radiography equipment. including the pacs system.
Cons: sub par department management and a human resources department that does not care for the employees.
Norwegian American Hospital is a place I enjoyed working at. I not only worked there but also did some of clinical training there while in the imaging program at Wilbur Wright College. I also lived in the area near where the hospital is located. Unfortunately my director at the time believed me and my co-worker were too old to be working the second – more... shift by ourselves. And, replaced us with younger technologists. All my co-workers enjoyed my company and expressed their sincere gratitude in having me as co-worker on the second shift. The hardest part of the job came in the last days of my employment there. I could neither say or do anything to keep me employed there. Things were happening in the department of x-ray that went unattended other techs and the director were involved in suspicious and unprofessional activity. Of which me and my co-worker were no part of. Yet we two were the only ones singled out for not conforming to their ways. – less
it was and is a good work place and i miss being there with my co-worker
Cook (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2014
there was not one bad day that I had there it was about helping each other and working as a team
poorly managed hospital
manager (Former Employee), ChicagoSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: hospital mission
Cons: hospital management
Senior management team doesn't fully support and equip front line to get the best job done for the patient. Management only cares about covering their own button not working together to make NAH a better hospital. Incredibly high turnover of management and nursing.
Amazing
Housekeeping (Former Employee), 1044 N Francisco Ave, Chicago, IL 60622August 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
This was a great experience working in Norwegian Hospital. It has different opportunities for you to explore. If their was ever a chance, I will continue to work back with them permanently. They have great staff there, doctors, nurses and etc.
Typical Day
Clinical Internship (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: stressful environment
-day included: assessments, group therapy, case noting, case management, discharge planning, service coordination, crisis intervention

- working with: social workers, case managers, nurses, doctors, insurance companies, home health companies, nursing homes, patients, state and federal agencies
n/a
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 27, 2014
This hospital doesnt pay well the all the multiple job duties
My Day in Norweigan
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 16, 2014
My typical day in norweigan is doing my vitals, charting them on the computer, and assisting my patients. My co-workers are good people to work with. The hardest part of this job was the parking there. The most enjoyable part of the job is patient satisfaction.
n/a
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not enough supplies.
Good benefits. Very little team work. Not enough supplies. Things broken. No communication.
The maanager have no personality
Physician Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: long lunches, nice hospital staff
Cons: bad manager, no personality
I just do my job, but you can't expect any response for an intellectual conversation with your manager
very busy
Correspondence Technician/ Receptionist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2014
I learned many new things at the medical record setting.
A typical day at work.
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant Volunteer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2013
Pros: great professional experience
A typical day would be my assignment to a medical office. Perforn patient vitals and document the results in a chart. Meet and greet patients. Schedule patients appointment. Set up the exam room and check equipment and supplies.

My co-wokers are very pleasant and happy to serve patients. My co-workers and I work as a team to resolve office schedules, – more... for example when office staff are on vacation or ill. We will agree to a change in schedule to accomdate all patients that are scheduled.

The most enjoyable part of the job is patient satisfaction. – less
Terrible Place to work unless you have zero experience and do not care for shorted pay.
CNA (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2013
Pros: nursing staff
Cons: management, disorginization
This place was ridiculous. They have no concept of management or equality. They are lucky to not have already been shut down do to lawsuit, as there are numerous infractions and violations on a daily basis. They do not believe in supporting their employees, even though the employees give countless hours for them.
producative and fun workplace
Medical Surgical Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: putting smiles on people faces.
Cons: short breaks.
I enjoyed working with the doctors, nurses and most important the patients
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORK PALCE
HIM CLERK 1 (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2013
THE MOST ENJOYABLE DAY IS WORKING WITH MY COWOKERS AND LEARNING NEW TECHNIQUES AND DIFERENT JOB DESCRIPTIONS DAILY.
its an ok place to work
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2013
too stressful at times and short of staff. But after all night-shift nurses are awesome, and friendly.
Great starter
Social Worker (Former Employee), chicago, ilMarch 29, 2013
They utilize their employees to the max, therefor you will learn a lot.
Fun and very family oriented
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: can help
Cons: lunch always was late
They was full of life and had a good common to goal to not just help the people that come in their doors but the neighborhood.
Student Intenship
Medical Office Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: worked with different culturals
Cons: no jonb stability
No Job Stability offered. Internship position. Love the knowledge gain as a student intern. I had the opportunity to work with different cultural and I loved it.

About Norwegian American Hospital

The American Hospital Association (AHA) represents more than 5,000 hospitals and other health care providers and some 38,000 individuals – Read more