Norwegian American Hospital

Norwegian American Hospital Employer Reviews

n/a
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not enough supplies.
Good benefits. Very little team work. Not enough supplies. Things broken. No communication.
The maanager have no personality
Physician Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: long lunches, nice hospital staff
Cons: bad manager, no personality
I just do my job, but you can't expect any response for an intellectual conversation with your manager
very busy
Correspondence Technician/ Receptionist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2014
I learned many new things at the medical record setting.
A typical day at work.
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant Volunteer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2013
Pros: great professional experience
A typical day would be my assignment to a medical office. Perforn patient vitals and document the results in a chart. Meet and greet patients. Schedule patients appointment. Set up the exam room and check equipment and supplies.

My co-wokers are very pleasant and happy to serve patients. My co-workers and I work as a team to resolve office schedules, – more... for example when office staff are on vacation or ill. We will agree to a change in schedule to accomdate all patients that are scheduled.

The most enjoyable part of the job is patient satisfaction. – less
Terrible Place to work unless you have zero experience and do not care for shorted pay.
CNA (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2013
Pros: nursing staff
Cons: management, disorginization
This place was ridiculous. They have no concept of management or equality. They are lucky to not have already been shut down do to lawsuit, as there are numerous infractions and violations on a daily basis. They do not believe in supporting their employees, even though the employees give countless hours for them.
producative and fun workplace
Medical Surgical Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: putting smiles on people faces.
Cons: short breaks.
I enjoyed working with the doctors, nurses and most important the patients
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORK PALCE
HIM CLERK 1 (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2013
THE MOST ENJOYABLE DAY IS WORKING WITH MY COWOKERS AND LEARNING NEW TECHNIQUES AND DIFERENT JOB DESCRIPTIONS DAILY.
its an ok place to work
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2013
too stressful at times and short of staff. But after all night-shift nurses are awesome, and friendly.
Great starter
Social Worker (Former Employee), chicago, ilMarch 29, 2013
They utilize their employees to the max, therefor you will learn a lot.
Fun and very family oriented
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: can help
Cons: lunch always was late
They was full of life and had a good common to goal to not just help the people that come in their doors but the neighborhood.
Student Intenship
Medical Office Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: worked with different culturals
Cons: no jonb stability
No Job Stability offered. Internship position. Love the knowledge gain as a student intern. I had the opportunity to work with different cultural and I loved it.
Horrible nursing management.
Registerec nurse (Former Employee), Chicago,ilJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: nurses
Cons: every thing else
Not a place that I would want my loved ones admitted to.Certain areas of hospital were filthy.
Norwegian
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 23, 2012
Pros: learned a lot
Cons: extremely busy
This is where I first started working at a hospital at age 18. By working here I decided to become a nurse. I was trained as a nursing Assistant. I then went to WLH to work as a secretary from 1996-2000. I returned to Norwegian because they do take new grads. It was a difficult transition for the nurses because I was a nurse instead of a NA.
Fast Pace Community Hospital Emergency Room
Emergency Room Paramedic/Patient Care Tech (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2012
Community hospital in humboldt park with a very hard working and compasionate staff. The pay is not great and the management is far from the best I've ever been around.
Great people
Sr. Clinical Application Analyst (Former Employee), ChicagoAugust 11, 2012
Norwegian has some of the best people to work with and care for. A great safety net hospital with people who care.
Productive workplace
Social Services/Case management (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: a lot to do. little time.
Good place to work. I learned a lot there. It was a rewarding expetience and I wish I was still there.
Pretty nice place to gain experience
Cashier (Former Employee), CashierMarch 12, 2012
Working at the gift shop at the hospital gave me the experience to expanded my job opportunities.
not the best work environment but its helping others
certified nursing asst (Former Employee), chicagoMarch 8, 2012
Pros: uplifting experiences
Cons: its hard to take any break without some backlash, understandably due to always being short staffed
At first there is a very nice open atmosphere, people get along and try to work with one another. However, this is only the case when there is sufficient staff. When they are short staffed as it is usually, its difficult to find a heloing hand.

brendag – March 16, 2012

In the beging when i first stared it was a nice hospital to work for when new Dierector of nuseing came if you was not getting fired nurses and cna were leaveing.their is no room for advacement their.

It was a very fun place to work in everyone said hello just like a family all of us got along with one another great people to work with.
Receptionist/MA (Former Employee), Chicago, IlOctober 15, 2011
Hospital is a great place to work at. I got along with everyone management had open door policy any problem you had you can go and talk about it and supervisors were there to talk to they would be there to listen everyone was great.

About Norwegian American Hospital

The American Hospital Association (AHA) represents more than 5,000 hospitals and other health care providers and some 38,000 individuals – Read more