Norwegian Cruise Line Pride of America Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
ok but you have to be mentally ready for the ups and downs
Utility Galley (Dishwasher) (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 4, 2017
OK but needs more work on management and crew relationships.Some of the manger are very hard to work with, far as information concerning ship life and things to do.
Pros
you get paid and get to see hawaii
Cons
no days off and it's hard labor
Intense yet fun place to work for people that enjoy traveling.
Server/Busser/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 7, 2017
We work a crazy amount of hours, but like the saying goes work hard play hard. When you're not working you get to enjoy and explore the beautiful islands that we travel to daily.
great place to save money
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 10, 2017
work hard play hard. great company to work for. they treat you well and the money and experience is wonderful.
MGMT is really stricted. a little to strict.
Pros
you can save
Cons
work 5 months
Slaves job
As st waiter (Former Employee) –  hawaiiMarch 22, 2015
Employees are treated with no respect. Manger will tell you off in the middle of the dining room. That is embarrassing !!!! Feed the employees with the leftover food from the guest. Mattress in the crew rooms are garbage. Get three warnings and you are fire and kicked off the ship at the next island. Be prepared to work up to 12 hours a day 7 day a week on your feet.Turnover of employees is 85 to 90 percent. The majority of the employees there are from the philippines.
Pros
Cons
worst job I ever had
Disgraceful Company, starts from the top
bartender (Former Employee) –  Honolulu HawaiiJuly 6, 2014
Worst job I've ever had, awful food 3 times a day, only if your not working though, bc then you don't eat. No days off. Money was ok. Made about 800 a week Bartending, but worked close to 75 hours a week for it. Terrible scheduling, POOR management. Co workers really great though, made friends for life in a difficult situation. Would never go back to this ship, and would NEVER tell someone I cared about to work here. Not an awful experience, but really an awful job for a disgraceful company that literally doesn't care about any employee at all. 85 percent turnover rate every year should be enough to realize that this company is a flat out joke.
Pros
Saving money, Hawaii
Cons
everything else. No real food, terrible living conditions, worst bar manager in the fleet
Don't be fooled! Very unethical company.
Shore Excursions (Former Employee) –  Pride of AmericaJune 25, 2014
How would you like to make $50 a week and be stuck at a training center in Maryland for 12 weeks? Well, this is the job for you. I am not kidding, this is what a lot of people must do while they wait for their paperwork to be approved (MMD). This means some people are stuck without transportation in Piney Point, Maryland for 9-10 weeks AFTER they complete their training. How is this legal? I have no idea. Find a job where you're treated like a person, not a sucker.
Pros
Firefighting training
Cons
Everything else
Hawaii
Night Cleaner (Current Employee) –  HawaiiMarch 12, 2013
A great way to travel to Hawaii while getting paid. Work all night, got off to see the islands at day. Great way to meet new people. They work you non-stop. 7 days a week, 9~10 hr shifts. Great way to save money.
Pros
free food and a place to sleep.
Cons
no privicy.
productive
waitress (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 7, 2013
I worked a lot! I was a waitress on the ship and also a section leader for safety. I would serve all the different food, appz, main course, and dessert. I would also go in the kitchen and get all the food. I also got the drinks and served the alcohol to them. Later i would clean off the tables and reset them.

I learned how to correctly serve food and also serve wine. I have learned how to set the tables correctly also. I have learned some different langues to! not fluently but Hi, Bye, Thank you, Delicious.

Management was good.

I loved my Co-workers! They were so nice and loved how their different cultures.

Hardest part of the job was seeing the passengers that was with us for the week leave.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people from all over the world and learning about them.
Pros
meeting new people, free lunches, workers, cabin mates.
Cons
missed my family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Norwegian Cruise Line Pride of America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7