Norwegian Cruise Line Pride of America Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
productive
waitress (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 7, 2013
I worked a lot! I was a waitress on the ship and also a section leader for safety. I would serve all the different food, appz, main course, and dessert. I would also go in the kitchen and get all the food. I also got the drinks and served the alcohol to them. Later i would clean off the tables and reset them.

I learned how to correctly serve food and also serve wine. I have learned how to set the tables correctly also. I have learned some different langues to! not fluently but Hi, Bye, Thank you, Delicious.

Management was good.

I loved my Co-workers! They were so nice and loved how their different cultures.

Hardest part of the job was seeing the passengers that was with us for the week leave.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people from all over the world and learning about them.
Pros
meeting new people, free lunches, workers, cabin mates.
Cons
missed my family.
Disgraceful Company, starts from the top
bartender (Former Employee) –  Honolulu HawaiiJuly 6, 2014
Worst job I've ever had, awful food 3 times a day, only if your not working though, bc then you don't eat. No days off. Money was ok. Made about 800 a week Bartending, but worked close to 75 hours a week for it. Terrible scheduling, POOR management. Co workers really great though, made friends for life in a difficult situation. Would never go back to this ship, and would NEVER tell someone I cared about to work here. Not an awful experience, but really an awful job for a disgraceful company that literally doesn't care about any employee at all. 85 percent turnover rate every year should be enough to realize that this company is a flat out joke.
Pros
saving money, hawaii
Cons
everything else. no real food, terrible living conditions, worst bar manager in the fleet
Slaves job
As st waiter (Former Employee) –  hawaiiMarch 22, 2015
Employees are treated with no respect. Manger will tell you off in the middle of the dining room. That is embarrassing !!!! Feed the employees with the leftover food from the guest. Mattress in the crew rooms are garbage. Get three warnings and you are fire and kicked off the ship at the next island. Be prepared to work up to 12 hours a day 7 day a week on your feet.Turnover of employees is 85 to 90 percent. The majority of the employees there are from the philippines.
Cons
worst job i ever had
Don't be fooled! Very unethical company.
Shore Excursions (Former Employee) –  Pride of AmericaJune 25, 2014
How would you like to make $50 a week and be stuck at a training center in Maryland for 12 weeks? Well, this is the job for you. I am not kidding, this is what a lot of people must do while they wait for their paperwork to be approved (MMD). This means some people are stuck without transportation in Piney Point, Maryland for 9-10 weeks AFTER they complete their training. How is this legal? I have no idea. Find a job where you're treated like a person, not a sucker.
Pros
firefighting training
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Norwegian Cruise Line Pride of America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2