Norwegian Cruise Line Pride of America

Norwegian Cruise Line Pride of America Employer Reviews

Don't be fooled! Very unethical company.
Shore Excursions (Former Employee), Pride of AmericaJune 25, 2014
Pros: firefighting training
Cons: everything else
How would you like to make $50 a week and be stuck at a training center in Maryland for 12 weeks? Well, this is the job for you. I am not kidding, this is what a lot of people must do while they wait for their paperwork to be approved (MMD). This means some people are stuck without transportation in Piney Point, Maryland for 9-10 weeks AFTER they complete – more... their training. How is this legal? I have no idea. Find a job where you're treated like a person, not a sucker. – less
Hawaii
Night Cleaner (Current Employee), HawaiiMarch 12, 2013
Pros: free food and a place to sleep.
Cons: no privicy.
A great way to travel to Hawaii while getting paid. Work all night, got off to see the islands at day. Great way to meet new people. They work you non-stop. 7 days a week, 9~10 hr shifts. Great way to save money.
productive
waitress (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: meeting new people, free lunches, workers, cabin mates.
Cons: missed my family.
I worked a lot! I was a waitress on the ship and also a section leader for safety. I would serve all the different food, appz, main course, and dessert. I would also go in the kitchen and get all the food. I also got the drinks and served the alcohol to them. Later i would clean off the tables and reset them.

I learned how to correctly serve food and – more... also serve wine. I have learned how to set the tables correctly also. I have learned some different langues to! not fluently but Hi, Bye, Thank you, Delicious.

Management was good.

I loved my Co-workers! They were so nice and loved how their different cultures.

Hardest part of the job was seeing the passengers that was with us for the week leave.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people from all over the world and learning about them. – less