Norwegian Cruise Line

Norwegian Cruise Line Employer Reviews

Lots of work lots of fun
Bar Waiter (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIApril 1, 2014
If you can handle the grueling work hours, go for it. I loved it, but many others do not. Food sucks and the hours suck... but it was an awesome experience I would do again in a heart beat.
You meet a lot of nice and interesting people.
Customer Relations Clerk III (Former Employee), Customer Relations Dept./Passenger ServicesMarch 26, 2014
Pros: its a job that makes you a strong people person, that gives you insight on how people think and how to defuse strenuous situations.
Cons: no retirement.
My job consists of various daily clerical tasks. Early in the morning all letters are printed for all the coordinators that need to send a response to all daily passenger complaints, all the mail is opened and distributed to the corresponding people and departments, then all refunds are checked for accuracy so that they can be sent to the accounting – more... department for all passengers reimbursements, supplies are checked daily and all mail is individually entered to give our passengers the best service possible.
Norwegian Cruise Line is a strong company with many benefits and opportunities. It's a good company to work for. – less
Very nice people and a lot of fun onboard
RESTAURANT WAITRESS (Former Employee), Miami,FloridaMarch 25, 2014
The management are working together to help the crew on board...and all passengers are very nice to everyone on board.Working to different kind of nationalities is a good experienced.
Fun place, need to know people to get ahead
Universal Vacation Planner (Current Employee), Doral, FLMarch 23, 2014
Pros: lots of employee enrichment activities, lots of community participation, free lunches
Cons: favoritism, cliques, sometimes feels like high school
Not a bad place,but there is some favoritism and if you're not well liked,you can easily get fired. Most colleagues are friendly, some who are in higher positions can be a little uppity... They do feed you a lot often then not... Lots of fun stuff to do if you keep your eyes open for emails from benefits dept. Varied clientele can't take some folks – more... too serious or you'll definitely lose your cool.... Not a job for those who are shy or afraid to speak up.!!!!!! – less
productive and fun work place
Assistant Cook (Former Employee), new orleansMarch 22, 2014
Pros: everything is free the food, water, electricity bed etc.
the job is hard but fun I've enjoyed working with all the chefs and the waitress everything their is great and the management is wonderful the staffs are friendly. the part of my job that I enjoyed the most is the pressure and I've learned a lot.
Corporate environment, good benefits.
Director, Social Media & Public Relations (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 21, 2014
It is an exciting time to be part of the company. It is growing and has been financially successful. However, the corporate culture is a bit depressed. There is not much collaboration between teams.
very good
Engine Repair Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 18, 2014
i love it except that i was away from my family and the company became international and they have to move Europe. this is what i went to school for as a merchant marine.
very good company
Human Resource Director (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 11, 2014
The Company is a well-known cruise line with a total of 15 cruise ships. Work culture, compensation and benefits are great.
Confident Individual ability to work in a multicultural environment
Galley Steward (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 6, 2014
I work nine to twelve hours a day and always on time in the Galley on the Pride of America. I learned how to deal professionally with crew members and passengers as well. The work place is very conducive to work at and the work environment. I relate well with my co-workers we work as a team to move our assignment faster. because I love my job and what – more... I was doing I hardly find my job very difficult. The enjoyable part of my job is anytime am able to complete a task in a limited amount of time to save company's resources – less
Opportunity to travel and earn a good living
Waiter (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: coworkers and earning potential
Cons: work hours
Working on the cruise ship Pride of America was a great experience. The hardest part of the job was the long work hours but that is to be expected and is fully disclosed before you begin work. The ability to advance is very easy however some management seemed disconnected from the employees and the tasks at hand. I suggest this job to anyone that would – more... like to travel and earn a good living. – less
Productive Workplace
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIFebruary 10, 2014
Working in this environment was mostly based on Customer Service. My job was to serve the client. Which are the passengers on the ship. I learned a lot about working on a ship. How to maintain the deck, and other areas of the vessel.
Friendly environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), GuatemalaJanuary 31, 2014
inbound calls from customers and travel agents to book
friendly environments
pingpong table
good
Electrician (Former Employee), baghamasJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: ***
Cons: ***
ensuring efficiency of all electrical equipment. Ilike this job
Fun place to work
Environmental Officer (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: pay and travel
Cons: could be called back early to work
Was able to see a lot of the world, and experience coming right into a management level position
Not much time for yourself
Utility Hotel, Utility Galley (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: you paid for nothing except for your personal heygene products.
Cons: bad management
I was very dissapointed with the managers and supervisors that I had. It just seemed like you were in the military when they talked to you like you had no idea of what you were doing. I am writing this from a man who has management background and owned and operated my own buisness. I had signed on for Assistant Restaurant Manager and I was washing dishing – more... dishes?? I worked 7 days a week from 12 to 15 hours a day for 5 months with NO days off. They were short handed and we had to pick up the slack which was fine the work had to be done. But there was never any slack or an extra 15min. break. They had LOST my paper work and I never even had the chance to interview for the position I signed on for. Overall I really loved working on the ship and I know I would of made a good manager. Besides I was in Hawaii. The other crew members I had met on the ship were absolutely Great and Friendly. Made alot of new friends. – less
Working on board is hard but fun.
Jr. Waitress (Former Employee), Miami Florida USAJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: free food ang lodging
Cons: short break, free madication while on board
In Norwegian Cruise line we spent more hours ang contract the management are more strick in all ways.
Not good
Hotel Services (Former Employee), HIJanuary 7, 2014
Ship life is crazy, I loved Hawaii but managment treated most employe like trash
horrible place to work
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 1, 2014
managers do not like to help out, you are thrown to the wolves as soon as you are placed on the phones.
Happy Culture
HR Compensation Intern (Former Employee), Doral, FLDecember 18, 2013
Was only there for a few months for internship, but there was definitely a happy feeling around the building.
Fun, Engaging work enviroment!
Musician (Current Employee), This varies according to the Itinerary!December 4, 2013
Pros: enjoying what i do, travel, meeting different ethnicities
Cons: periodically rough sea conditions, some not so nice individuals, food
My typical day working aboard Norwegian Cruise Lines varies! Depending on the ship and its set days for events or theme nights, in the evening going into the night life of the cruise line the band I play with would start off with a soft set of jazz and ballad like music. The second set would consist of more mid tempo songs, and leading into the third – more... set of the night the music would be more up tempo or dance music to put it. In conjunction with our nightly sets of music if it were a theme night I.E. Country & Western How Down, 70's Party or 50 & 60's Sock Off we, the band would provide music for the theme night as well as participate in the games the crew staff had set for the guest.
Working on cruise ships opens your eyes to different back grounds of people lives. You meet and work with people who are from a range of different countries and sometimes hear their stories of poverty and struggle. As much as the job is fun, it shows you how blessed you are!
My co-workers, I enjoy working with. From my band mates to the staff around the ship, for the most part many people are very nice, greet you with a smile and always seem happy in a environment that's not strained.
For me there were no hard parts to my job, I adjusted my mind early on so I was already in expectation before I got on the Vessel. Once I was there it was easy for me to condition myself to what was and do my job to the best of my ability.
The most enjoyable part of my job, is playing which I love but also traveling to countries and islands I've never been before. To see the culture for yourself is amazing not failing to mention absolutely beautiful sunrises and sunsets. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Norwegian Cruise Line

Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings¬†enjoys getting away from it all. Through its subsidiaries, the holding company is a global cruise – Read more

Norwegian Cruise Line Photos