Norwegian Cruise Line

Norwegian Cruise Line Employer Reviews

One of the best experiences in my life.
casino dealer (Former Employee), Miami, FlJuly 4, 2014
Cruise ships are always a good experience for anyone on board the vessel.
I have always had a good team as colleagues and good managers as well.
The hardest part is that, at times, you may get home sick more often then seasick.
It's always a pleasure to interact with new people all the time and also to meat again guests from previous cruises.
Great Opportunity to experience the world
Shipboard Photographer (Former Employee), Miami, FL (Corporate Office)June 30, 2014
Pros: free room & board, free travel, some time off in ports to explore
Cons: very low pay, small personal rooms usually shared with roommate, minimal time to venture off into ports
6-month contracts

60+ hours a week photographing guest and crew in a variety of situations.

Photographing guests include scenarios such as dinner photos in all of the restaurants onboard, gangways with mascots and "professional" style sittings with various backdrops during our "formal" nights. Occasionally crew need photos for corporate reasons.
Great environment to work and learn!
Recruitment Administrator (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 11, 2014
Fast-paced work environment. Opportunities to learn and grow.
Very Great Company to work for
Guest Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 11, 2014
-very high call volume
-multiple post cruise issues
-supervisors were nice
-hardest part of job was getting guests to understand our policies, and they are not getting a refund
-most enjoyable part of job was the environment, and benefits
Great place to visit the world
Utility Hotel (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJune 6, 2014
I learned the importance of cleanness due the Nor virus. Great place to meet new people from all over the US. I loved working for this company.
Ask ALOT of questions BEFORE you decide to work there!
Personal Vacation Planner (PVP) (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJune 2, 2014
Pros: have your own desk, thats about it!
Cons: healthcare is not great, taking other departments calls, lack of assistance, horrible pay, high benefits cost, no covered parking in 110 degree weather, misleading commision levels, company likes to nickel and dime their customers and especially their worlers!
Was told quite a bit for me to come over and work for NCL. Just please do your math and ASK LOTS OF QUESTIONS BEFORE you start!! You get paid $9 an hour and commission, problem is this, you take other departments overflow calls which can sometimes be complex and time consuming thus taking away from your sales. If you ever need to speak to the help desk – more... you may have to wait 45-90 minutes just to get through thus costing you more precious sales.

The commission levels are very confusing and misleading. I booked $55,000 worth of cruises and my commission for that was $55.00! Really? Was told you can make $40000 a year however when your stuck doing other overflow calls and waiting to get through to the help desk you can kiss those sales goodbye. How about this NCL, just pay everyone say a flat $50 a booking rather than a lousy $2.00 a booking! Very misleading place, would NOT recommend this place to anyone! They want you to dress business casual, why? This is a call center, who cares what you wear as long as it does not have holes or offensive language. NCL needs to get a life, pay $9.00 and you want me to dress nicely everyday? Yea right.

Also the company nickels and dimes its customers and uses nearly illegal advertising practices. If I ran NCL I would include the service charges into the fare, stop advertising false information. The people that run the advertising department needs to field some of the irate callers! – less
Internship for College
Server (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIMay 30, 2014
I was a server on a cruise ship. This job completely brought me out of my comfort zone. I hopped on a plane to Hawaii not knowing anyone for 6 months. Best experience of my life. I was able to meet so many interesting people from all over the world. A typical day lasted about 13 hours. There were days i would work up to 18 hours. It was intense work, – more... despite what some might think. I would work in 2 different restaurants a day. – less
Busy, but a great experience for hard workers
Utility Galley (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIMay 23, 2014
Pros: great peoplle, perks with job and location, fast paced, team driven, management
This jjob was very fast-paced job, taught me more importance of teamwork and time management on a larger scale within a large hospitality operation than what I was used to in my past experiences. All my co-workers and I all had to be on the same page of work otherwise our entire operation would suffer even while working long hours. I did not mind the – more... work or the long hours or even my co-workers. It was a great opportunity to see a whole different side to hospitality and tourism that I hadn't seen before and would not trade it for anything. – less
Interesting and challenging
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: time away from home
A cruise ship Nurse is expected to respond to emergent and non emergent out of hours calls 24/7. There are two times during the day where the Physician sees non emergent passengers and crew and the R.N. is expected to triage and carry out Physician orders for each oatient.

Patients are from all over the world so respecting thier culture and health – more... practices is important.

Management is composed of leaders of ship, i.e Physican, Captain and Staff Captain and also by Coorporate Leaders in Miami.

The hardest part of the job for me is leaving my family for four months.

The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting people from all over the world. – less
Did not meet my expectations
Customer Service-FIT (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMay 12, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: overly strict and more worried about the bottom line then the employee
While the job itself was good the management team in place is only worried about the bottom line. Just because they distract with company store gifts does not make it a good place to work.
Management and corporate structure needs work
Electronic Engineer (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 10, 2014
Pros: single cabin, free room and board, free meals, officer accomodations, paid travel expenses.
Cons: incompetent management, no downtime, supply chain for parts and materials, mishandling of supplies
Management, and Corporate management, needs to stop promoting negligence and incompetence, and actually recognize the people on whose backs they are standing on doing all the hard work. The way a company gets ahead is not by promoting people just so they don't do more damage on the lower levels, it's by firing them and keeping the people who are valuable, – more... elevating them to positions where they can make a difference.

The benefits are an added bonus, if you are in a position that receives them.

I learned that even working hard and doing excellent work will not get you recognized as an asset

Hardest part of the job were the incredibly long hours with very little to no downtime, or personal freedom.

Most enjoyable part was being on the sea again, even if only for a few hours a night. – less
Photographer
Photographer (Current Employee), New yorkMay 10, 2014
Pros: fre food and accomodation
Cons: you do get break for lunch and dinner
Its Fun at work were u start a cruise with an embarkation then display shoot sail away party dining room and then the next day prepare for formal nigh setup studio measure lights and then start shooting after that u display all the portrait u shoot and next day u sell them offer them canvas folios album and the rest of the team is busy in shooting portraits – more... we shoot portraits every day some times you have weddings so you shoot weddings you also shoot gangway which is the port of call pictures.
Well you get to learn new techniques and printing your own photos,you get to learn photoshop as you do seminars you know about all of the camera.
the job is all about doing in team work if you are not a team player its very hard than you need to teach the new team members how to setup sale display pictures and shoot.
Hardest part of the job is you are standing in the sun for at least 5 hours continuously for you image counts.
The fin part is when you shoot the lifestyle portraits its on a plain white back ground where there is no restriction of shooting shoot as much as you want and show your creativity in photography.

Camera presentation and seminars
Handling customers query
Guest satisfaction – less
County Building Construction
Group Reservations (Former Employee), Miami FlMay 9, 2014
Pros: friendly supervisors
Cons: location
supervisers friendly, union like great atmosphere
family like work enjoyed helping miami dade county residents
ncl
Cook (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 8, 2014
was good working wid ncl got to c many places around d world management was no good team members where some wat good. an the hardest part of the job was working without short of staff in d kitchen enjoyale part was only if the fellowing co workers r good with me or funny I had some gud coworkers an bad so was blanced
Got to see places I never thought I would see
Dancer, Dance Captain, and Production Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 7, 2014
Great job to travel and see things you never thought you could see.
Cuised the Hawaiian Islands for about a year
Assistant Cook (Former Employee), HawaiiApril 28, 2014
Pros: living on ship
Cons: living on ship
schedule could very from to week with different positions to cook from as well the job was 7 days a week average day was between 8-16 hours long.
I worked in a few different galleys cold prep, garde manger, buffet, bar & grill, main dining,
Stations included sauté, grill, pantry, fry, prep
Had a nice lunch room with computers that we could use. TV is lunch room to relax
Guest Service Representative Casino Dept (Former Employee), Mesa, AZApril 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches, gift certificates, bonus'
Cons: part time had no benefits
Started taking calls at my time. Enjoyed speaking with the guests and giving them a free stateroom on the cruise ship. Co workers were nice and cheery. The hardest part of my job was having to tell the guest that the stateroom they wanted were not available for the sailing the wanted. Sometimes they would have to change their vacation time to get the – more... certificated validated. I enjoyed coming to work and sitting at my desk and doing the job I was taught. – less
fun work enviroment
Personal Cruise Consultant (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 4, 2014
Pros: lots of money
Cons: no life
heavy hours, but good pay if you put in the work.. leads are given to those who show they over work and live in the office, regular 8 hour work days is not enough!! but you can make a lot of money and that's what counts at the end of the day!!
Lots of work lots of fun
Bar Waiter (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIApril 1, 2014
If you can handle the grueling work hours, go for it. I loved it, but many others do not. Food sucks and the hours suck... but it was an awesome experience I would do again in a heart beat.
You meet a lot of nice and interesting people.
Customer Relations Clerk III (Former Employee), Customer Relations Dept./Passenger ServicesMarch 26, 2014
Pros: its a job that makes you a strong people person, that gives you insight on how people think and how to defuse strenuous situations.
Cons: no retirement.
My job consists of various daily clerical tasks. Early in the morning all letters are printed for all the coordinators that need to send a response to all daily passenger complaints, all the mail is opened and distributed to the corresponding people and departments, then all refunds are checked for accuracy so that they can be sent to the accounting – more... department for all passengers reimbursements, supplies are checked daily and all mail is individually entered to give our passengers the best service possible.
Norwegian Cruise Line is a strong company with many benefits and opportunities. It's a good company to work for. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Norwegian Cruise Line

Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings¬†enjoys getting away from it all. Through its subsidiaries, the holding company is a global cruise – Read more

Norwegian Cruise Line Photos