Norwich University

Norwich University Employer Reviews

Produce clerk
Norwich University Athletic Training Student (Current Employee), Northfield, VTMarch 20, 2014
I personally enjoyed being a produce clerk. Always having something to do and moving heavy boxes is physical and can be fun. Typically I would come in the morning and cut the greens then work on stocking the rest of my day.
Most political workplace ever encountered.
Professor (Former Employee), Northfield, VTFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: great students, eager to learn.
Cons: see above
Norwich has a political culture of character assassination, bullying and "gotcha." Many, not all, faculty are more concerned about promotion and tenure than teaching. Concern for students is looked upon as a detriment to one's career. The best part of the job is the students, many of them the first of their families to attend college. The worst part – more... is the hide-bound academic culture that favors research and "publish or perish" above all else. – less
Major Gifts/Development Officer (Former Employee), Northfield, VTJuly 1, 2013
A typical day required 8 to 9 hours of work. The President's leadership of the University is very special.
Productive Hard working place with greate reward
Volunteer Programs (Former Employee), Northfield VTJune 1, 2013
Its a tough job but has great pay offs.
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Micro managed
Grounds (Former Employee), Fac opsMarch 14, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: micro managed, pay vs type of work done
The benefits are good but with that said every move you make is micro managed by management be fore warned before applying your suggestions on How to make a job better does not matter to them. And last but not lease the pay is not good for the amount and type of work you do.
Welcoming workplace
Work Study Office Assistant (Former Employee), Northfield, VTFebruary 5, 2013
I really enjoyed this job, I was given tasks to complete each day, between filing, making copies, and being a "runner" for whatever the office needed
University provides great family atmosphere
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Northfield, VTOctober 22, 2012
Pros: great health and retirement benifits
I was given freedom to work without being micromanaged. The people I worked with were great with people and were genuinely concerned in making sure our customers received the assistance they needed.
Great for students
Summer Research Student (Former Employee), Northfield, VTJune 1, 2012
Pros: flexible work schedule
I was a student at Norwich University and participated in the summer research program. It was great to get a taste of engineering that was more like actual engineering instead of just being in the classroom. My schedule was flexible as long as I got 400 hours in within a 10 week period. I worked with one of my professors and had a great working relation – more... with him. – less
Had a fun time working on my schools solar house for the solar decathalon.
Student (Former Employee), Northfield, Vermont, 05663May 18, 2012
Started in the morning at 8. We would meet up with our professors and we would discuss what needed to be done for the day. Then we would go out get those jobs completed. We would also discuss about design opportunity to improve the solar house's performance or livability.
Where i received my degree
student (Former Employee), VermontFebruary 23, 2012
Norwich is a stepping stone in not only my life but in others, which help us with are higher learning but also to get a better understanding of the Military and the structure it provides to us.