Norwich University Employee Reviews

Norwich
Community Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Northfield, VTDecember 13, 2017
I liked the institution as a whole, but my office/department was very challenging to work in. The leadership there was great. At time it seemed a bit antiquated in some types of processes that could be more up to date
Work Study is exactly as it sounds
Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Northfield, VTOctober 11, 2017
You get paid minimum wage, but you do not need to do much. It is a great way to catch up on school work and make a little money at the same time. Four hours on Sat. and Sun. was plenty
Pros
Great school
Lack of leadership
Professor (Current Employee) –  Northfield, VTSeptember 21, 2017
The dean has no clue on the demands placed on the students or the need of quality professors. If you want to question your profession, your leadership, and your passion. Please apply!!!
Temp Administrative Assistant to Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Northfield, VTJune 23, 2017
I worked for Norwich University through Kelly Services as a temporary employee. I was only there a short time but I found it pleasant to work there and the other employees and the students were great.
Pros
Nice work atmosphere
Cons
Temporary position
pool table in the break room
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northfield, VTJune 20, 2017
worked in a 5 story dorm named hawkins, i cleaned the bathroom, floors, walls etc. on weekends id work overtime and have to clean 3 additional building.
Pros
pool table
Cons
drunk students leftover messes
Productive and Creative Problem solving challenge
Contact Center Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Northfield, VTMay 23, 2017
it was good environment, that encouraged creative ways to solve different situations. Not all issues were as simple as running a Malware check, but that what made the job enjoyable.
My time as a Professor at the University was very positive experience.
Adjunct Professor of Spanish (Former Employee) –  Norwich, VTMay 17, 2017
A typical day at work: Teaching two classes of 6 Credits each of Spanish Grammar and Latin-American History and taking care of students as their came to my office for consultation.
What you learned: I have learned how to teach and proceed in a Military environment with civilian, military and exchange students.
Management: I had a good relationship with all of them that solved questions I had.
Workplace culture: Excellent communication with all professors, staff and civilian, military students and exchange students.
The hardest part of the job: Driving in snow and slit during 7 months of winter in Vermont.
The most enjoyable part of the job: Was watching students improve
in their studies and personal growth.
Pros
Integrate military, civilian and exchange students within the classroom.
Cons
Lack of the University to integrate military, military exchange, and civilian students outside of the classroom.
not a bad place to work, but managment sucks
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Northfield, VTMay 1, 2017
I did not mind working for Norwich, I mean the money was desired for a raise, but the work itself is not bad at all. the only problem I have is the management for the custodian, they don't know what they're doing and it makes people want to quit
Pros
benefits, work
Cons
management
Good Place to Work
Senior Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Northfield, VTApril 26, 2017
Norwich University Res Life has been a great place to work. Working as an RA no two days are alike and that's one of the best parts of the job. It's been great to be a student and have a great job such as Res Life.
great place to work
Executive Assistant to the Senior VP (Current Employee) –  Northfield, VTFebruary 21, 2017
Norwich is a wonder place to work. I have been at NU for 19 years. I am thinking of leaving my job because i have moved and now live almost 100 miles away and am away from my home all week. I would love to be able to live back at my house again.
Fun and easy place to work with great coworkers
LAB PROCTOR (Current Employee) –  Northfield, VTSeptember 15, 2016
I learned better time management and how to work well with others through professionalism and tact. A typical day can be spent in the computer lab monitoring students and computers.
Pros
Free snacks and a lot of down time
Cons
Productive, and inspiring workplace environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northfield, VTJune 6, 2016
The professors love to see young and energetic faces. They need help because their building is going to be remodeled, so they have to move out. They are very accommodating when it comes to classes.
Great work environment
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Northfield, VTJune 1, 2016
Wonderful people to work with. Easily manageable workload with plenty of time to complete the tasks at hand. Supportive and polite staff.
Well Organized
Tutor (Former Employee) –  NothfieldMay 9, 2016
I enjoyed working with a different kinds of students.both the most enjoyable and most frustrating part of the job was reaching the students and making them understand the material
Pros
Helps maintain a solid understanding of basic material.
Cons
Can sometimes be a challenge to reach students
Meaningful work
Spanish Tutor (Current Employee) –  Northfield, VTApril 27, 2016
This job paired me with students at the University that came to the Academic Achievement Center, at Norwich University, seeking help in Spanish. I would work, individually, with students for a full semester, in order to help them thrive in their language classes. I would meet once a week, for about 1 hour per student, with, on average, about 10 students a week.
This was a very fulfilling job, that allowed me to watch students succeed and have more confidence in themselves and their abilities.
Supervised Dorms
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Northfield, VTMarch 22, 2016
Rewarding experience. Met and worked with many new people and learned a lot about working with others. Also learned the importance of accountability.
Administrative position
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northfield, VTOctober 23, 2015
There is no direction for growth in this position. Very little communication between the supervisor and staff. Poor planning is evident.
Some of the work that is done is only done twice a year. Must be a good note taker to remember certain events that are repeated each year.
Pros
Free gym
Cons
Long walk to parking if you can get a space.
Enjoyable place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Northfield, Vermont, USASeptember 1, 2015
responsible for security of the university 24 hours a day. Also responded to all emergencies on campus. Wonderful campus.
Pros
Free tuition for family members
Cons
No possible advancement in field employed
Excellent work environment
Data Entry/Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Northfield, VTJuly 6, 2015
Completed tasks needed to help archive employee records and coordinated campus events through equal opportunities officer
Higher education college
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northfield, VTMay 27, 2015
Very low pay, no incentive to do a better job, poor communication between mgmt. and staff. Does have a gym to work out in and you can take courses free. Long walk from parking to the office. Very old building to work in, drafty, no air conditioning, no kitchen, bathroom is gross.
Pros
Free education
Cons
Low pay, no incentives to do a better job.