Norwood Crossing

Norwood Crossing Employer Reviews

productive and peaceful workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: heath care
A typical day at Norwood Crossing would be. Stocking my cart with supplies such as cleaning supplements, toilet tissue, paper towels, trash bags and dusters. then clean the rooms.
Turnover
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2013
This organization is very unorganized and has a dire level of turnover in every department. I have learned what not to do and how to make the best out of a difficult workplace and situations. During my time here the best part has been the employees I have been able to meet and get to know. Management needs to be revamped and focus on the employees and – more... providing a positive and welcoming environment. – less
Co-workers were very friendly. Staff that worked in Assisted living building were wonderful
Assisted Living and Memory Support Director (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2013
Pros: free lunches, great staff, great residents and families
Cons: lack in administrative support
While working at Norwood Crossing I was able to learn the regulations of running an Assisted Living building. In the past, I had only worked in a Skilled Care setting. I was a able to work closely with the nursing department, physicians as well as the Life Enrichment department to assist in Dementia programming. My co-workers were very friendly and – more... really cared a lot about the residents as well as their families.

The hardest part of the job was that there wasn't consistency in the administration staff. Throughout the duration of my employment I had three different supervisors.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work with the elderly specifically those resident's with Dementia. My passion is working with residents who have Dementia and setting up purposeful and meaningful days. I also loved interacting with families and getting to know the history of the residents. I also really enjoyed working with my staff including the nurses, c.n.a.s and activity aids. – less
I enjoy working at Norwood Crossing
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2013
Norwood Crossing has been a great facility to work for. I have furthered my knowledge in the medical field and my co-workers have made my job that much better.
NIce place to work, but no room for advancement
Assistant Administrator, LNHA (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2013
Nice place to work but no room for advancement.
Good location
Most co workers are productive with the exception of a few
Wonderful place to work. Very dedicated to elder care excellence.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 18, 2012
Pros: free lunches, good compensation, staff education encouraged
Wonderful family atmosphere among employees and residents. It is a place I would not hesitate to work for again, or to send a loved one to live.
Thank You Norwood Crossing!
Busy but beautiful place with wonderful staff members.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Norwood Park, ILOctober 14, 2012
Pros: busy, learning environment, wonderful and caring staff
Cons: little room for advancement
My day would start with getting report and then making rounds. After that, I would start out with my morning insulin shots and morning med pass. Right after that, I start the wound care for my patients. After I'm finished with that, I sit down and take care of all the things that are supposed be done from the report and new tasks. At 11am, it is time – more... for bgm. The patients who need sliding scale insulin will get it. Then I start with my 12pm med pass. After that, I go to lunch. After lunch I do my 1-2pm med pass and then I finish all the tasks and documentation that needs to be done. – less
Adore Norwood
CNA (Former Employee), ChicagoSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: wonderful place to work. great pay!
Cons: they don't hire lpns
Everything was wonderful. Everyone helps eachother. Management was extremely accommodating for my school schedule. Created some amazing lasting friendships. I always always always speak highly of my time there and of this establishment.
Horrible Place
Discharge Planner/Team Lead (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healthcare
This was the worst place I have EVER worked at. Management was horrible. The environment was hostile and there were people in positions without the degree and licensure to back it up.