Norwood Crossing Employee Reviews

kind and professional ,caring
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2017
this company really cares about senior living the staff support the family's in every need give the resident care,love understanding and a lot of support
Pros
free lunches, discount on clothes and transportation
Cons
health care, paid time off, sick leave
Nice place
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2017
Norwood Crossing provide high quality living for the senior citizens. they show that they care for there residents and also there employees. I am looking for better career opportunities.
Clinical Experience
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2017
I am required to right a review for Indeed. This was a clinical experience for me. I have not worked here full time or part time. From my short experience, I enjoyed it.
Productive long-term and assisted living facility with good nursing care and excellent life enrichment programs
MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norwood Park, ILDecember 29, 2016
My day at work would be considered of taking report, making rounds, prioritizing, passing meds, doing treatment orders, answering phones, making phone calls, taking orders, supervising aides. I learned all my nursing skills at that facility as I stayed with them for 5 years. Management was good, but also needed improvement in building relationships with staff. Co-workers for the most part were team players. The hardest part of the day was when it would get so busy that I wouldn't have a break. The most enjoyable part of the job was to watch my patients heal or put interventions in place that kept the patient safe.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
health insurance, short-staffed a lot
Not a good work place
CNA (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2016
Not a good work place management was not good and work environment was drama good pay though and every other weekend off wouldn't recommend this job to someone looking to try and work here.
Pros
good pay free lunch
Cons
management was not good
Constant Stress
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2016
This place is crazy and runs on panic. The upper management is not visible but when they are, they are more punitive than providing leadership. They are always pointing fingers. Really would be beneficial for everyone to be a team. Look in the mirror, help each other. It was difficult for all, especially middle managers. Be careful if you are considering working here. The pay is okay. Just the blaming/lack of leadership/no one is working together.
Caring Environment
RN (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2016
The atmosphere is wonderful at Norwood Crossing, it's a very family oriented culture. Everyone knows your name and always makes an effort to say hello to you. You will even see administration walking around saying hello to all the employees and residents. When working here you need to be a little more flexible with hours your able to work. We are a 24 hour facility and require staff here at all times to ensure the residents get the best care. If you like a small, tight knit community and friendly atmosphere this could be a good fit for you. It was for me!
Pros
Summer BBQ's, Free Flu Shot, Wellness Program, Great Insurance, Flex Time
Cons
N/a
Friendly, Welcoming & Caring Environment
Nursing Department (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2016
Despite the number of mean and negative reviews on this site, I personally love working at Norwood Crossing. The culture is very family oriented and everyone says hello. With being a nonprofit organization and having over 300 employees the management does a wonderful job of multitasking all the departments. I've gone up to management several times with questions and have always been welcomed openly. I plan on staying at Norwood for a very long time, they treat me incredibly well.
Pros
No hassle parking, free lunch, great benefits, family culture
Cons
Short breaks
Find a better place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2016
Norwood crossing is a horrible place to work, with horrible lying selfish managers. No flexibility when it comes to schedule, low pay, not enough employees and huge workload.
Pros
benifits
Cons
managers
Great teamwork
Acrivity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2016
Activities were lead on and off the nursing units and assisted living.
I learned the value of teamwork with all departments as we all work together for the seniors.
I enjoyed working with the seniors and co workers.
Pros
free lunches and set schedule
Dietary Department
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2016
Flexible with hours however it is hard to request days off. Lastly there isn't much room to move up the ladder.
Great place to work.
Advanced Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2016
I really enjoy both the residents I provide services for and the work environment. Norwood Crossing also has great benefits.
Turnover, lies, unhappy management, executive director too much power
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2016
This is a very crazy place, despite the level of care provided to residents. The executive director is not care about anyone, besides herslef and her assistants. She is mean, never there, not managed and lies. Carefully consider working here. It is a very difficult work envormonent.
Unsupportive Atmosphere
director of operations (Former Employee) –  ChicagoJanuary 16, 2016
All departments are constantly under pressure. Management has a lack of communication. Turnover is really high. There is little to no room for advancement. Do not trust anyone. Everyone lies. Residents do not come first.
Pros
Free Parking & Free Lunches
Cons
Bullies and lack of support
Internship
Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2015
Had an amazing experience, everyone I met was extremely helpful and willing to help me learn. Amazing company would absolutely consider placing and loved one to live here.
Pros
Free lunch
Lots of Overtime but Burnout
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2015
Burned out quickly, due to 80 hour weeks. Overtime was lovely, only working 3-4 days out of the week was also wonderful. But the complete lack of professionalism of Upper Management, made it a dismal place to work.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Ridiculously expensive health insurance, incompetent managers, favoritism
Director of Assisted Living and Memory Support (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 2, 2014
Great atmosphere with caring people. The families are also a breath of fresh air.
productive and peaceful workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2014
A typical day at Norwood Crossing would be. Stocking my cart with supplies such as cleaning supplements, toilet tissue, paper towels, trash bags and dusters. then clean the rooms.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
heath care
Turnover
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2013
This organization is very unorganized and has a dire level of turnover in every department. I have learned what not to do and how to make the best out of a difficult workplace and situations. During my time here the best part has been the employees I have been able to meet and get to know. Management needs to be revamped and focus on the employees and providing a positive and welcoming environment.
Co-workers were very friendly. Staff that worked in Assisted living building were wonderful
Assisted Living and Memory Support Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2013
While working at Norwood Crossing I was able to learn the regulations of running an Assisted Living building. In the past, I had only worked in a Skilled Care setting. I was a able to work closely with the nursing department, physicians as well as the Life Enrichment department to assist in Dementia programming. My co-workers were very friendly and really cared a lot about the residents as well as their families.

The hardest part of the job was that there wasn't consistency in the administration staff. Throughout the duration of my employment I had three different supervisors.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work with the elderly specifically those resident's with Dementia. My passion is working with residents who have Dementia and setting up purposeful and meaningful days. I also loved interacting with families and getting to know the history of the residents. I also really enjoyed working with my staff including the nurses, c.n.a.s and activity aids.
Pros
Free lunches, great staff, great residents and families
Cons
Lack in administrative support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Norwood Crossing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7