Norwood Crossing Employee Reviews

Friendly, Welcoming & Caring Environment
Nursing Department (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2016
Despite the number of mean and negative reviews on this site, I personally love working at Norwood Crossing. The culture is very family oriented and everyone says hello. With being a nonprofit organization and having over 300 employees the management does a wonderful job of multitasking all the departments. I've gone up to management several times with questions and have always been welcomed openly. I plan on staying at Norwood for a very long time, they treat me incredibly well.
Pros
No hassle parking, free lunch, great benefits, family culture
Cons
Short breaks
Find a better place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2016
Norwood crossing is a horrible place to work, with horrible lying selfish managers. No flexibility when it comes to schedule, low pay, not enough employees and huge workload.
Pros
benifits
Cons
managers
Great place to work.
Advanced Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2016
I really enjoy both the residents I provide services for and the work environment. Norwood Crossing also has great benefits.
Caring Environment
RN (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2016
The atmosphere is wonderful at Norwood Crossing, it's a very family oriented culture. Everyone knows your name and always makes an effort to say hello to you. You will even see administration walking around saying hello to all the employees and residents. When working here you need to be a little more flexible with hours your able to work. We are a 24 hour facility and require staff here at all times to ensure the residents get the best care. If you like a small, tight knit community and friendly atmosphere this could be a good fit for you. It was for me!
Pros
Summer BBQ's, Free Flu Shot, Wellness Program, Great Insurance, Flex Time
Cons
N/A
Constant Stress
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2016
This place is crazy and runs on panic. The upper management is not visible but when they are, they are more punitive than providing leadership. They are always pointing fingers. Really would be beneficial for everyone to be a team. Look in the mirror, help each other. It was difficult for all, especially middle managers. Be careful if you are considering working here. The pay is okay. Just the blaming/lack of leadership/no one is working together.
Not a good work place
CNA (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2016
Not a good work place management was not good and work environment was drama good pay though and every other weekend off wouldn't recommend this job to someone looking to try and work here.
Pros
good pay free lunch
Cons
management was not good
Turnover, lies, unhappy management, executive director too much power
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2016
This is a very crazy place, despite the level of care provided to residents. The executive director is not care about anyone, besides herslef and her assistants. She is mean, never there, not managed and lies. Carefully consider working here. It is a very difficult work envormonent.
Dietary Department
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2016
Flexible with hours however it is hard to request days off. Lastly there isn't much room to move up the ladder.
Unsupportive Atmosphere
director of operations (Former Employee) –  ChicagoJanuary 16, 2016
All departments are constantly under pressure. Management has a lack of communication. Turnover is really high. There is little to no room for advancement. Do not trust anyone. Everyone lies. Residents do not come first.
Pros
Free Parking & Free Lunches
Cons
Bullies and lack of support
Wonderful place to work. Very dedicated to elder care excellence.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 18, 2012
Wonderful family atmosphere among employees and residents. It is a place I would not hesitate to work for again, or to send a loved one to live.
Thank You Norwood Crossing!
Pros
free lunches, good compensation, staff education encouraged
Busy but beautiful place with wonderful staff members.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Norwood Park, ILOctober 14, 2012
My day would start with getting report and then making rounds. After that, I would start out with my morning insulin shots and morning med pass. Right after that, I start the wound care for my patients. After I'm finished with that, I sit down and take care of all the things that are supposed be done from the report and new tasks. At 11am, it is time for bgm. The patients who need sliding scale insulin will get it. Then I start with my 12pm med pass. After that, I go to lunch. After lunch I do my 1-2pm med pass and then I finish all the tasks and documentation that needs to be done.
Pros
busy, learning environment, wonderful and caring staff
Cons
little room for advancement
Lots of Overtime but Burnout
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2015
Burned out quickly, due to 80 hour weeks. Overtime was lovely, only working 3-4 days out of the week was also wonderful. But the complete lack of professionalism of Upper Management, made it a dismal place to work.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Ridiculously expensive health insurance, incompetent managers, favoritism
Turnover
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2013
This organization is very unorganized and has a dire level of turnover in every department. I have learned what not to do and how to make the best out of a difficult workplace and situations. During my time here the best part has been the employees I have been able to meet and get to know. Management needs to be revamped and focus on the employees and providing a positive and welcoming environment.
Internship
Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2015
Had an amazing experience, everyone I met was extremely helpful and willing to help me learn. Amazing company would absolutely consider placing and loved one to live here.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Co-workers were very friendly. Staff that worked in Assisted living building were wonderful
Assisted Living and Memory Support Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2013
While working at Norwood Crossing I was able to learn the regulations of running an Assisted Living building. In the past, I had only worked in a Skilled Care setting. I was a able to work closely with the nursing department, physicians as well as the Life Enrichment department to assist in Dementia programming. My co-workers were very friendly and really cared a lot about the residents as well as their families.

The hardest part of the job was that there wasn't consistency in the administration staff. Throughout the duration of my employment I had three different supervisors.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work with the elderly specifically those resident's with Dementia. My passion is working with residents who have Dementia and setting up purposeful and meaningful days. I also loved interacting with families and getting to know the history of the residents. I also really enjoyed working with my staff including the nurses, c.n.a.s and activity aids.
Pros
Free lunches, great staff, great residents and families
Cons
Lack in administrative support
Adore Norwood
CNA (Former Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 14, 2012
Everything was wonderful. Everyone helps eachother. Management was extremely accommodating for my school schedule. Created some amazing lasting friendships. I always always always speak highly of my time there and of this establishment.
Pros
wonderful place to work. great pay!
Cons
they don't hire lpns
Horrible Place
Discharge Planner/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2012
This was the worst place I have EVER worked at. Management was horrible. The environment was hostile and there were people in positions without the degree and licensure to back it up.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare
NIce place to work, but no room for advancement
Assistant Administrator, LNHA (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2013
Nice place to work but no room for advancement.
Good location
Most co workers are productive with the exception of a few
productive and peaceful workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2014
A typical day at Norwood Crossing would be. Stocking my cart with supplies such as cleaning supplements, toilet tissue, paper towels, trash bags and dusters. then clean the rooms.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
heath care
I enjoy working at Norwood Crossing
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2013
Norwood Crossing has been a great facility to work for. I have furthered my knowledge in the medical field and my co-workers have made my job that much better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Norwood Crossing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7