Norwood Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Was a great place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAJune 3, 2016
Until recently, I was very happy to go to work everyday for many years. The quality of care in my department was excellent and the doctors and staff really have the best interest of the community at heart. Management has shifted the priority from good patient care to the bottom line, as a result the working atmosphere has become unpleasant. The doctors and hospital staff are lied to on a regular basis and concerns are no longer addressed or heard. With new management this could be a great place to work again, until then I would not consider employment.
Productive and Safe environment
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAApril 25, 2016
Providing hands on care to patients and assisting them with their ADLs, checking and recording vital signs, measuring height and weight, collecting body fluids for testing purposes, assisting with nutritional needs, helping patients with mobility and assisting the registered nurse.
Mostly a helpful atmosphere
Emergency Department Behavioral Medicine Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MANovember 23, 2015
The few times I've gone from one department to another, I'd always been welcomed and been trained by those willing to train without any feeling of burden. Almost everyone is happy to help newcomers.
Pros
Good differentials, unions, team work
Cons
Difficulty of job maintanance training for night shift workers.
Team based facility
Nutrition aide/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MANovember 12, 2015
Norwood hospital is a great place to grow professionally, over the 5 years I've learned different trades within my department. Behind the scenes there is great team work, great management, and caring workers who take their job very seriously for taking care of others.
Pros
very flexible schedule
Cons
short staffed
The ER secretary is a multi tasker, the go to person
Emergency Room Secretary (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MASeptember 19, 2015
The best part of this job is that every day is a new day. What happened the day before won't happen today. There is a new group of patients and family members to attend to. This job requires organization and focus.
Great people to work with
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAAugust 20, 2015
Fun place to work, staff is supportive and a great group. great place to professionally grow and develop your skills. the hardest part of the job was after another company took over and staffing ratios began to suffer.
Pros
co-workers, longevity
Cons
short staffed at times, new changes in company
Productive and fun workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAJune 18, 2015
A typical day at work was joyable, working closely with the nurses I learned a lot, management was fine, it was very easy working as a team with the co-workers. Sometime we have some good and bad time, we always try to work on our differences. Like I said before every aspect of the job was enjoyable.
Pros
Lunch was not free and we were ok with that.
Cons
Short breaks were permitted.
decent workday, not stimulate for and IPPE student
IPPE Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAMay 26, 2015
This was VERY long ago for me to even be writing this review (about 4 years ago), but from what I can recall the staff at the time was very laid back and friendly. They were willing to help, but for the most part did not really seem to care if I learned much. This truthfully is really all I could hope for, since I was only a 3rd year pharmacy student at the time; there really wasn't anything I could learn. I had to put in 100 unpaid hours during my fall semester at college, so they were honestly very nice to me and accommodated my presence very well. I have zero complaints about this hospital.
Pros
good hospital food, friendly & laid back staff, easy work load
Cons
long days, had to complete the exact 100 hours (no shortcuts)
Patient Access Rep.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAJuly 30, 2015
Fast Pace
Great customer service
Great Employees
Great Team work
Great Management

Best part, is making sure the patients are comfortable, even when they are really sick always put a smile on there faces
Happy I have a job
E.D. Behavioral Medicine Section Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAMarch 7, 2015
Receive report, take care of pts, document document documet, give report and go home.
Some of the management is great at telling one when something is not good enough but rarely, if ever, compliments on a job well done.
Most of my co-workers are ok to work with.
Having too many patients due to skimping on staff
When my patients are grateful for the help they're getting.
Pros
being an mna member
Cons
not enough nursing staff per pt.
Helpful and Skillful
Food Service Aide/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAMarch 4, 2015
I have my NFS Certification and Serve Safe Certification from this job. Working with dietitians to help promote a good and healthy diet menu for each individual patient then setting the trays up to be delivered to each unit is a fun and knowledgeable experience I enjoyed doing.
Pros
great salary and work environment.
Cons
obtaining sicknesses from patients if exposed.
You will want to go here
Certified Nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwood MAJune 18, 2015
There is so much I can say. I was lucky enough to work at Norwood Hospital for 2 years. Beautiful facility. Well groomed and eye catching
Pros
flexable hours
fun learning experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAFebruary 23, 2015
i loved volunteering at norwood hospital., they are friendly there and you learn alot volunteering there. i worked in the cardiology and in one of the directors offices and it was wonderful if i couldve gotten a paid job i defintitly would've stayed there
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
was free work
Nice
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAMay 31, 2015
It a great location. It has free parking for employees. It Is big enough but not too big where you could get lost. Not a bad place to work
Interactive environment
Housekeeping Laundry and Transport Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MADecember 10, 2013
Steward Norwood Hospital a good place to work for and provided alot of oppurtunity for growth and assisted in alot of training to create a better work environment. Both employees and management were great to work with, and unfortunatley due to budget cuts, the lay off was the hardest part. After being employed by them for well over 11 years, walking away was the hardest part.
Productive, busy, and constantly changing workplace.
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT/SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAAugust 20, 2012
I love working here. The nurses are very friendly and it is a fun atmosphere to work in. There are new patients constantly and it is a very busy floor on the medical-surgical unit, where I normally work. I have learned a lot and the nurses are always showing me new things since I was a student nurse and recently passed my boards. I have really enjoyed working here.
State of the art health care provider
Student Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAMarch 16, 2012
Norwood hospital is edicated to providing world-class care with compassion and respect to our patients and families based on the art, science and spirit of professional nursing. The nursing staff is friendly, attentive and professional.
Pros
excellent training and educational opportunities, supervisors who encourage growth and development
Cons
lack of resources and poor food.
great team work between doctors, nurses, case managers etc, dedicated staff, good amount vacation time, good pay, friendly faces, good management
RN (Former Employee) –  norwood, MaMarch 6, 2012
I gained a great experience from working here. Layed the foundation for my future career I believe. Hard to manage family life w work at first, but very adaptable and people that work there stick together and have good team work.
Pros
great benefits, good vacations time
Cons
short breaks, hectic paced floor
a good hospital
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MASeptember 26, 2013
We worked with another therapist one would handle ICU/CCU one take care of the step down floors. Codes were handled by both one person would get ventilator ready the other would bagg till vent was ready. ER was handeled by whomever wasn't busy.The hardest part was losing someone who was young in the ER. The best part was saving someone.
Pros
rewarding job, helping
Cons
losing people
You will be doomed
Phlebotomist/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAMay 8, 2014
Not a good place to work, understaffed, unfairness in the workplace with managers. Other professionals seemingly trying to support a dying workplace. No respect for knowledge and longevity,not a place to share ideas that could improve working conditions
Pros
interdisciplinary camaraderie
Cons
everything else