Norwood Hospital Employee Reviews

dont work here
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAOctober 18, 2017
this place is just a job. I was there for 10 years just working. if your looking just to work, its ok. but overall these people are backstabbers and only hire people they know and never people who deserve the job
poorly managed with constant turnover
Administrative Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MASeptember 30, 2017
union hospital for staff nurses; union positions are protected and well paid. other positions are non union and very labile due to constant turn over and poor management group decisions. i was out for planned surgery and forced to stay out without pay due to poor communication with employee health.
Rating Norwood Hospital
Medical/Surgical Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MASeptember 27, 2017
I worked for Norwood Hospital for 5 years and in that time I encountered some of the world-class and talented staff. Management was very supportive.
The contact with families and patients was very pleasant and I felt I could offer my guidance and support whenever needed.
In my years there I also learned a very valuable asset of focus and patience.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
short staffed
Stressful
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAJuly 21, 2017
Toxic corporate culture, constant lay offs, constant hour cuts, poor communication between departments sometimes, sympathetic management, crazy work hours.
Very Enlightening Experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAJune 12, 2017
I worked as a Volunteer in the Larusso building with a Clinical Nurse Specialist. Education was often pushed to nursing students and staff alike. The hospital remains cognizant of areas in which they can improve and strive to provide exceptional care to each patient.
Pros
Educational
Great hospital
Rad Tech (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 1, 2017
Great place to work!!
Management is great.
Clean and taken care of.
Co-workers are easy to get along with.
Still in training, wish there were more hours.
Former employee
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAMay 18, 2017
There was no typical day at Norwood. And your day would either be great or aweful, depending on who you worked with.... I learned how to work on my own.
The turn over rate with staff was high, due to lack of team work,and management not making co workers accountable for their work or lack of it.
its a diverse place to work,
The hardest part of my job, was not having enough staff to handle the large amount of patients that would come thru the door.
The most enjoyable part of my day was when a family member would verbally thank me for making their family member, comfortable, clean & fed... you know the basics in life.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
short staffed most days, lazy co workers
Norwood Hospital
Certified Registered Central Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAMay 9, 2017
I learned so much at Norwood Hospital. It is an excellent facility to work at. The people are so nice and always willing to help you. It was the perfect place for me to start my career
Excellent Workplace
•Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAMay 8, 2017
I only left Norwood Hospital because an amazing opportunity came my way. Excellent working environment, kind, caring, and supportive co-workers. You get to use all of your Histology skills in the lab. Everyone works together to get the job done. Hard-working, fun, knowledgeable techs that can answer any question that you have. The Pathologists and management are great to work for.
Pros
The people, benefits, shift differentials
Cons
Learned to be a great nurse
Staff Nurse/ Operating Room (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 29, 2017
Medical/Surgical nursing skills fine tuned which prepared me to work in perioperative setting. Great staff, management. Learned leadership skills also.
Challenging and always revolving
FINANCIAL SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAMarch 11, 2017
Great people and wonderful coworkers. Department was headed by a very knowledgeable and always helpful manager. Lots of room for learning and advancement.
Great Hospital
registration clerk (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAMarch 8, 2017
Good hospital with great staff. Worked very hard and they are very helpful. They are very hands on with their patients and always had a smile on their face. When there is a problem we worked together to solve it.
Great place to work for basic skills and knowledge
Administrative Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MASeptember 1, 2016
Because this hospital is for profit, job security rating is lower than a larger city hospital. After 15 years of employment, I enjoyed every minute of every employee I encountered.
Unpleasant work environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAAugust 30, 2016
Unpleasant work environment!

managment is at the brunt of employee gossip.

Always understaffed

Too much DRAMA and FAVORITISM.

If you would like to work in an unfair work environment then Norwood hospital is for you

The pay is not worth the HEADACHE!!!
Pros
Pay
Phlebotomist ll (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAAugust 29, 2016
I loved working at Norwood Hospital. The working conditions were good and the managers were great. T he best part of the job was going to the nursery and working with great co-workers.
alot of different personalities
Food Service Worker/ Materials Par Technician (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAAugust 1, 2016
I truly enjoy the experience at norwood hospital. There are so many different types of people you meet; there are those who love their job and keep the positive energy going and there are those who only do their job for a paycheck. It is bound to happen with hundreds of employees. I learned to keep my hopes up and work well with people of different attitudes. Its a good environment to be around because there is never a dull moment. The hardest part of the job was trying to understand everyone's different emotions which changed daily, but it is important to set a goal of the day and do the best job you can do given any circumstance. I take pride in my work everyday, so i tried to keep the patients happy and do whatever i can do to make their stay feel more welcomed.
Was a great place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAJune 3, 2016
Until recently, I was very happy to go to work everyday for many years. The quality of care in my department was excellent and the doctors and staff really have the best interest of the community at heart. Management has shifted the priority from good patient care to the bottom line, as a result the working atmosphere has become unpleasant. The doctors and hospital staff are lied to on a regular basis and concerns are no longer addressed or heard. With new management this could be a great place to work again, until then I would not consider employment.
Great Place to work
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAApril 29, 2016
I love working at Norwood Hospital.
Interacting with patients is something that I thoroughly enjoy so this job is great for me. The staff is very friendly and usually willing to help out
Productive and Safe environment
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAApril 25, 2016
Providing hands on care to patients and assisting them with their ADLs, checking and recording vital signs, measuring height and weight, collecting body fluids for testing purposes, assisting with nutritional needs, helping patients with mobility and assisting the registered nurse.
Mostly a helpful atmosphere
Emergency Department Behavioral Medicine Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MANovember 23, 2015
The few times I've gone from one department to another, I'd always been welcomed and been trained by those willing to train without any feeling of burden. Almost everyone is happy to help newcomers.
Pros
Good differentials, unions, team work
Cons
Difficulty of job maintanance training for night shift workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Norwood Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Norwood Hospital Reviews by Location