Norwood Hospital Employee Reviews

You will want to go here
Certified Nursing assistant (Former Employee), Norwood MAJune 18, 2015
Pros: flexable hours
There is so much I can say. I was lucky enough to work at Norwood Hospital for 2 years. Beautiful facility. Well groomed and eye catching
Productive and fun workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Norwood, MAJune 18, 2015
Pros: Lunch was not free and we were ok with that.
Cons: Short breaks were permitted.
A typical day at work was joyable, working closely with the nurses I learned a lot, management was fine, it was very easy working as a team with the co-workers. Sometime we have some good and bad time, we always try to work on our differences. Like I said before every aspect of the job was enjoyable.
Nice
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Norwood, MAMay 31, 2015
It a great location. It has free parking for employees. It Is big enough but not too big where you could get lost. Not a bad place to work
decent workday, not stimulate for and IPPE student
IPPE Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee), Norwood, MAMay 26, 2015
Pros: good hospital food, friendly & laid back staff, easy work load
Cons: long days, had to complete the exact 100 hours (no shortcuts)
This was VERY long ago for me to even be writing this review (about 4 years ago), but from what I can recall the staff at the time was very laid back and friendly. They were willing to help, but for the most part did not really seem to care if I learned much. This truthfully is really all I could hope for, since I was only a 3rd year pharmacy student at the time; there really wasn't anything I could learn. I had to put in 100 unpaid hours during my fall semester at college, so they were honestly very nice to me and accommodated my presence very well. I have zero complaints about this hospital.
Happy I have a job
E.D. Behavioral Medicine Section Staff RN (Current Employee), Norwood, MAMarch 7, 2015
Pros: being an mna member
Cons: not enough nursing staff per pt.
Receive report, take care of pts, document document documet, give report and go home.
Some of the management is great at telling one when something is not good enough but rarely, if ever, compliments on a job well done.
Most of my co-workers are ok to work with.
Having too many patients due to skimping on staff
When my patients are grateful for the help they're getting.
Helpful and Skillful
Food Service Aide/Cashier (Former Employee), Norwood, MAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: great salary and work environment.
Cons: obtaining sicknesses from patients if exposed.
I have my NFS Certification and Serve Safe Certification from this job. Working with dietitians to help promote a good and healthy diet menu for each individual patient then setting the trays up to be delivered to each unit is a fun and knowledgeable experience I enjoyed doing.
fun learning experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), Norwood, MAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: was free work
i loved volunteering at norwood hospital., they are friendly there and you learn alot volunteering there. i worked in the cardiology and in one of the directors offices and it was wonderful if i couldve gotten a paid job i defintitly would've stayed there
Great employer
Mental Health Assistant (Current Employee), Norwood, maAugust 7, 2014
I work the inpatient Psych Floors. The Staff is awesome here, theres definitely that team spirt going around.
Transitioning from Caritas ownership to for profit Steward
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee), Norwood, MAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: security of working for a general hospital
Cons: less than professional work environment
Steward's a proprietary hospital, it does and hires who it wants.
A nice community hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Norwood, MAJune 28, 2014
I learned a lot while working at Norwood hospital. The staff there are very smart and are always willing to teach.
Variety of diagnoses
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee), Norwood, MAJune 10, 2014
Small Hospital with many opportunities
Great Doctors
Good location
Parking
You will be doomed
Phlebotomist/Clerk (Former Employee), Norwood, MAMay 8, 2014
Pros: interdisciplinary camaraderie
Cons: everything else
Not a good place to work, understaffed, unfairness in the workplace with managers. Other professionals seemingly trying to support a dying workplace. No respect for knowledge and longevity,not a place to share ideas that could improve working conditions
Busy office, fun atmosphere
Credit Collections Representative (Former Employee), Norwood, MAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: busy and fast moving
Cons: was over an hour drive
Credit and collections, billing patients, insurance companies for payment. setting up payment plans, talking to insurance companies to resolve matters as well as drs offices and patients to get paid claims. Computer skills as well, filling.
Community hospital with dedicated staff
Protestant and Interfaith Chaplain (Current Employee), Norwood, MADecember 26, 2013
Pros: good benefits, dedicated staff, nice environment
Lovely working environment - skilled and dedicated nursing staff and good social workers.
Interactive environment
Housekeeping Laundry and Transport Supervisor (Former Employee), Norwood, MADecember 10, 2013
Steward Norwood Hospital a good place to work for and provided alot of oppurtunity for growth and assisted in alot of training to create a better work environment. Both employees and management were great to work with, and unfortunatley due to budget cuts, the lay off was the hardest part. After being employed by them for well over 11 years, walking away was the hardest part.
a good hospital
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Norwood, MASeptember 26, 2013
Pros: rewarding job, helping
Cons: losing people
We worked with another therapist one would handle ICU/CCU one take care of the step down floors. Codes were handled by both one person would get ventilator ready the other would bagg till vent was ready. ER was handeled by whomever wasn't busy.The hardest part was losing someone who was young in the ER. The best part was saving someone.
Productive, busy, and constantly changing workplace.
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT/SECRETARY (Current Employee), Norwood, MAAugust 20, 2012
I love working here. The nurses are very friendly and it is a fun atmosphere to work in. There are new patients constantly and it is a very busy floor on the medical-surgical unit, where I normally work. I have learned a lot and the nurses are always showing me new things since I was a student nurse and recently passed my boards. I have really enjoyed working here.
Amazing Hospital to work for. Great Teamwork
Radiologic Technologist Intern (Former Employee), Norwood, MAApril 20, 2012
I absolutely loved doing my clinical rotation at Norwood Hospital. They are an excellent hospital and provide great patient care.
Great People
LPN (Former Employee), Norwood, MAApril 5, 2012
Pros: nice place to work
Cons: laid off 2008
I worked there for many years......I loved my job.
Great peers , always there to help each other
Hospital Clean
State of the art health care provider
Student Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Norwood, MAMarch 16, 2012
Pros: excellent training and educational opportunities, supervisors who encourage growth and development
Cons: lack of resources and poor food.
Norwood hospital is edicated to providing world-class care with compassion and respect to our patients and families based on the art, science and spirit of professional nursing. The nursing staff is friendly, attentive and professional.