Norwood Hospital Employee Reviews

alot of different personalities
Food Service Worker/ Materials Par Technician (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAAugust 1, 2016
I truly enjoy the experience at norwood hospital. There are so many different types of people you meet; there are those who love their job and keep the positive energy going and there are those who only do their job for a paycheck. It is bound to happen with hundreds of employees. I learned to keep my hopes up and work well with people of different attitudes. Its a good environment to be around because there is never a dull moment. The hardest part of the job was trying to understand everyone's different emotions which changed daily, but it is important to set a goal of the day and do the best job you can do given any circumstance. I take pride in my work everyday, so i tried to keep the patients happy and do whatever i can do to make their stay feel more welcomed.
Was a great place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAJune 3, 2016
Until recently, I was very happy to go to work everyday for many years. The quality of care in my department was excellent and the doctors and staff really have the best interest of the community at heart. Management has shifted the priority from good patient care to the bottom line, as a result the working atmosphere has become unpleasant. The doctors and hospital staff are lied to on a regular basis and concerns are no longer addressed or heard. With new management this could be a great place to work again, until then I would not consider employment.
Great place to work for basic skills and knowledge
Administrative Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MASeptember 1, 2016
Because this hospital is for profit, job security rating is lower than a larger city hospital. After 15 years of employment, I enjoyed every minute of every employee I encountered.
Unpleasant work environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAAugust 30, 2016
Unpleasant work environment!

managment is at the brunt of employee gossip.

Always understaffed

Too much DRAMA and FAVORITISM.

If you would like to work in an unfair work environment then Norwood hospital is for you

The pay is not worth the HEADACHE!!!
Pros
Pay
Phlebotomist ll (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAAugust 29, 2016
I loved working at Norwood Hospital. The working conditions were good and the managers were great. T he best part of the job was going to the nursery and working with great co-workers.
great team work between doctors, nurses, case managers etc, dedicated staff, good amount vacation time, good pay, friendly faces, good management
RN (Former Employee) –  norwood, MaMarch 6, 2012
I gained a great experience from working here. Layed the foundation for my future career I believe. Hard to manage family life w work at first, but very adaptable and people that work there stick together and have good team work.
Pros
great benefits, good vacations time
Cons
short breaks, hectic paced floor
Helpful and Skillful
Food Service Aide/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAMarch 4, 2015
I have my NFS Certification and Serve Safe Certification from this job. Working with dietitians to help promote a good and healthy diet menu for each individual patient then setting the trays up to be delivered to each unit is a fun and knowledgeable experience I enjoyed doing.
Pros
Great salary and work environment.
Cons
Obtaining sicknesses from patients if exposed.
Productive and Safe environment
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAApril 25, 2016
Providing hands on care to patients and assisting them with their ADLs, checking and recording vital signs, measuring height and weight, collecting body fluids for testing purposes, assisting with nutritional needs, helping patients with mobility and assisting the registered nurse.
Great Place to work
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAApril 29, 2016
I love working at Norwood Hospital.
Interacting with patients is something that I thoroughly enjoy so this job is great for me. The staff is very friendly and usually willing to help out
Community hospital with dedicated staff
Protestant and Interfaith Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MADecember 26, 2013
Lovely working environment - skilled and dedicated nursing staff and good social workers.
Pros
good benefits, dedicated staff, nice environment

Want to know more about Norwood Hospital?

Ask a question
Team based facility
Nutrition aide/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MANovember 12, 2015
Norwood hospital is a great place to grow professionally, over the 5 years I've learned different trades within my department. Behind the scenes there is great team work, great management, and caring workers who take their job very seriously for taking care of others.
Pros
very flexible schedule
Cons
short staffed
Mostly a helpful atmosphere
Emergency Department Behavioral Medicine Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MANovember 23, 2015
The few times I've gone from one department to another, I'd always been welcomed and been trained by those willing to train without any feeling of burden. Almost everyone is happy to help newcomers.
Pros
Good differentials, unions, team work
Cons
Difficulty of job maintanance training for night shift workers.
I work the third ("grave yard") shift at Norwood Hospital
Fireman/Boiler Operator (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MASeptember 19, 2013
* A typical "day" is me managing the operation of the boiler(s) and (AC) chiller(s).
* Working alone overnight helps one get up close & personable with the moodiness and performance fluctuations with Fire Tube boilers during changing demands from usage & weather conditions.
* Because of my 3rd shift time parameters, I hardly, if ever, interface with management. I would like to meet them sometime.
* As far as my co-workers, we all get along really well when we cross paths during shift changes.
* The hardest part of my job, even more than the overnight hours, is the grueling 126 mile round trip commute. Especially the return trip back home from Norwood, MA to Rockport, MA during the height of morning rush hour traffic, after just coming off an eight hour overnight shift.
* But, even with all that, I still love this job, the people I work with & the whole vibe of the hospital & the power plant itself. I just wish my place of employment could be just a little closer to home.
decent workday, not stimulate for and IPPE student
IPPE Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAMay 26, 2015
This was VERY long ago for me to even be writing this review (about 4 years ago), but from what I can recall the staff at the time was very laid back and friendly. They were willing to help, but for the most part did not really seem to care if I learned much. This truthfully is really all I could hope for, since I was only a 3rd year pharmacy student at the time; there really wasn't anything I could learn. I had to put in 100 unpaid hours during my fall semester at college, so they were honestly very nice to me and accommodated my presence very well. I have zero complaints about this hospital.
Pros
good hospital food, friendly & laid back staff, easy work load
Cons
long days, had to complete the exact 100 hours (no shortcuts)
Productive and fun workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAJune 18, 2015
A typical day at work was joyable, working closely with the nurses I learned a lot, management was fine, it was very easy working as a team with the co-workers. Sometime we have some good and bad time, we always try to work on our differences. Like I said before every aspect of the job was enjoyable.
Pros
Lunch was not free and we were ok with that.
Cons
Short breaks were permitted.
Happy I have a job
E.D. Behavioral Medicine Section Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAMarch 7, 2015
Receive report, take care of pts, document document documet, give report and go home.
Some of the management is great at telling one when something is not good enough but rarely, if ever, compliments on a job well done.
Most of my co-workers are ok to work with.
Having too many patients due to skimping on staff
When my patients are grateful for the help they're getting.
Pros
Being an MNA member
Cons
Not enough nursing staff per pt.
Patient Access Rep.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAJuly 30, 2015
Fast Pace
Great customer service
Great Employees
Great Team work
Great Management

Best part, is making sure the patients are comfortable, even when they are really sick always put a smile on there faces
The ER secretary is a multi tasker, the go to person
Emergency Room Secretary (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MASeptember 19, 2015
The best part of this job is that every day is a new day. What happened the day before won't happen today. There is a new group of patients and family members to attend to. This job requires organization and focus.
Great people to work with
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAAugust 20, 2015
Fun place to work, staff is supportive and a great group. great place to professionally grow and develop your skills. the hardest part of the job was after another company took over and staffing ratios began to suffer.
Pros
co-workers, longevity
Cons
short staffed at times, new changes in company
Interactive environment
Housekeeping Laundry and Transport Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MADecember 10, 2013
Steward Norwood Hospital a good place to work for and provided alot of oppurtunity for growth and assisted in alot of training to create a better work environment. Both employees and management were great to work with, and unfortunatley due to budget cuts, the lay off was the hardest part. After being employed by them for well over 11 years, walking away was the hardest part.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Norwood Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Norwood Hospital Reviews by Location