Norwood Hospital

Norwood Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Happy I have a job
E.D. Behavioral Medicine Section Staff RN (Current Employee), Norwood, MAMarch 7, 2015
Pros: being an mna member
Cons: not enough nursing staff per pt.
Receive report, take care of pts, document document documet, give report and go home.
Some of the management is great at telling one when something is not good enough but rarely, if ever, compliments on a job well done.
Most of my co-workers are ok to work with.
Having too many patients due to skimping on staff
When my patients are grateful for the help they're getting.
Helpful and Skillful
Food Service Aide/Cashier (Former Employee), Norwood, MAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: great salary and work environment.
Cons: obtaining sicknesses from patients if exposed.
I have my NFS Certification and Serve Safe Certification from this job. Working with dietitians to help promote a good and healthy diet menu for each individual patient then setting the trays up to be delivered to each unit is a fun and knowledgeable experience I enjoyed doing.
fun learning experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), Norwood, MAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: was free work
i loved volunteering at norwood hospital., they are friendly there and you learn alot volunteering there. i worked in the cardiology and in one of the directors offices and it was wonderful if i couldve gotten a paid job i defintitly would've stayed there
A nice community hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Norwood, MAJune 28, 2014
I learned a lot while working at Norwood hospital. The staff there are very smart and are always willing to teach.
Variety of diagnoses
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee), Norwood, MAJune 10, 2014
Small Hospital with many opportunities
Great Doctors
Good location
Parking
Busy office, fun atmosphere
Credit Collections Representative (Former Employee), Norwood, MAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: busy and fast moving
Cons: was over an hour drive
Credit and collections, billing patients, insurance companies for payment. setting up payment plans, talking to insurance companies to resolve matters as well as drs offices and patients to get paid claims. Computer skills as well, filling.
Community hospital with dedicated staff
Protestant and Interfaith Chaplain (Current Employee), Norwood, MADecember 26, 2013
Pros: good benefits, dedicated staff, nice environment
Lovely working environment - skilled and dedicated nursing staff and good social workers.
a good hospital
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Norwood, MASeptember 26, 2013
Pros: rewarding job, helping
Cons: losing people
We worked with another therapist one would handle ICU/CCU one take care of the step down floors. Codes were handled by both one person would get ventilator ready the other would bagg till vent was ready. ER was handeled by whomever wasn't busy.The hardest part was losing someone who was young in the ER. The best part was saving someone.
I work the third ("grave yard") shift at Norwood Hospital
Fireman/Boiler Operator (Current Employee), Norwood, MASeptember 19, 2013
* A typical "day" is me managing the operation of the boiler(s) and (AC) chiller(s).
* Working alone overnight helps one get up close & personable with the moodiness and performance fluctuations with Fire Tube boilers during changing demands from usage & weather conditions.
* Because of my 3rd shift time parameters, I hardly, if ever, interface with management. I would like to meet them sometime.
* As far as my co-workers, we all get along really well when we cross paths during shift changes.
* The hardest part of my job, even more than the overnight hours, is the grueling 126 mile round trip commute. Especially the return trip back home from Norwood, MA to Rockport, MA during the height of morning rush hour traffic, after just coming off an eight hour overnight shift.
* But, even with all that, I still love this job, the people I work with & the whole vibe of the hospital & the power plant itself. I just wish my place of employment could be just a little closer to home.
Productive, busy, and constantly changing workplace.
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT/SECRETARY (Current Employee), Norwood, MAAugust 20, 2012
I love working here. The nurses are very friendly and it is a fun atmosphere to work in. There are new patients constantly and it is a very busy floor on the medical-surgical unit, where I normally work. I have learned a lot and the nurses are always showing me new things since I was a student nurse and recently passed my boards. I have really enjoyed working here.
State of the art health care provider
Student Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Norwood, MAMarch 16, 2012
Pros: excellent training and educational opportunities, supervisors who encourage growth and development
Cons: lack of resources and poor food.
Norwood hospital is edicated to providing world-class care with compassion and respect to our patients and families based on the art, science and spirit of professional nursing. The nursing staff is friendly, attentive and professional.
great team work between doctors, nurses, case managers etc, dedicated staff, good amount vacation time, good pay, friendly faces, good management
RN (Former Employee), norwood, MaMarch 6, 2012
Pros: great benefits, good vacations time
Cons: short breaks, hectic paced floor
I gained a great experience from working here. Layed the foundation for my future career I believe. Hard to manage family life w work at first, but very adaptable and people that work there stick together and have good team work.