Norwood Hospital

Norwood Hospital Employer Reviews

A nice community hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Norwood, MAJune 28, 2014
I learned a lot while working at Norwood hospital. The staff there are very smart and are always willing to teach.
Variety of diagnoses
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee), Norwood, MAJune 10, 2014
Small Hospital with many opportunities
Great Doctors
Good location
Parking
Busy office, fun atmosphere
Credit Collections Representative (Former Employee), Norwood, MAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: busy and fast moving
Cons: was over an hour drive
Credit and collections, billing patients, insurance companies for payment. setting up payment plans, talking to insurance companies to resolve matters as well as drs offices and patients to get paid claims. Computer skills as well, filling.
Community hospital with dedicated staff
Protestant and Interfaith Chaplain (Current Employee), Norwood, MADecember 26, 2013
Pros: good benefits, dedicated staff, nice environment
Lovely working environment - skilled and dedicated nursing staff and good social workers.
a good hospital
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Norwood, MASeptember 26, 2013
Pros: rewarding job, helping
Cons: losing people
We worked with another therapist one would handle ICU/CCU one take care of the step down floors. Codes were handled by both one person would get ventilator ready the other would bagg till vent was ready. ER was handeled by whomever wasn't busy.The hardest part was losing someone who was young in the ER. The best part was saving someone.
I work the third ("grave yard") shift at Norwood Hospital
Fireman/Boiler Operator (Current Employee), Norwood, MASeptember 19, 2013
* A typical "day" is me managing the operation of the boiler(s) and (AC) chiller(s).
* Working alone overnight helps one get up close & personable with the moodiness and performance fluctuations with Fire Tube boilers during changing demands from usage & weather conditions.
* Because of my 3rd shift time parameters, I hardly, if ever, interface with – more... management. I would like to meet them sometime.
* As far as my co-workers, we all get along really well when we cross paths during shift changes.
* The hardest part of my job, even more than the overnight hours, is the grueling 126 mile round trip commute. Especially the return trip back home from Norwood, MA to Rockport, MA during the height of morning rush hour traffic, after just coming off an eight hour overnight shift.
* But, even with all that, I still love this job, the people I work with & the whole vibe of the hospital & the power plant itself. I just wish my place of employment could be just a little closer to home. – less
Productive, busy, and constantly changing workplace.
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT/SECRETARY (Current Employee), Norwood, MAAugust 20, 2012
I love working here. The nurses are very friendly and it is a fun atmosphere to work in. There are new patients constantly and it is a very busy floor on the medical-surgical unit, where I normally work. I have learned a lot and the nurses are always showing me new things since I was a student nurse and recently passed my boards. I have really enjoyed – more... working here. – less
Great People
LPN (Former Employee), Norwood, MAApril 5, 2012
Pros: nice place to work
Cons: laid off 2008
I worked there for many years......I loved my job.
Great peers , always there to help each other
Hospital Clean
great team work between doctors, nurses, case managers etc, dedicated staff, good amount vacation time, good pay, friendly faces, good management
RN (Former Employee), norwood, MaMarch 6, 2012
Pros: great benefits, good vacations time
Cons: short breaks, hectic paced floor
I gained a great experience from working here. Layed the foundation for my future career I believe. Hard to manage family life w work at first, but very adaptable and people that work there stick together and have good team work.
Pedi and adult ED
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), ERApril 18, 2014
My role in the ER is ever changing by the day, shift and sometimes by the hour. I must have the ability to quickly think on my feet and change rolls at the drop of a hat. I've learned how to give excellent patient care while prioritizing my workload. I've learned how to be both compassionate and firm while working with different patient populations. – more... The hardest part of my job are the tough cases that make you remember what's important in life, the ones that you hug your family a little tighter. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a patient that I took care of in critical condition come back weeks, months or years later to show us how well they are doing now and to thank us for our care. Those glimmering moments are what keep you going during the tough cases. – less