Notre Dame Academy Employee Reviews in United States

My overall job rating for my previous jobs help me to advance in my work experiences.
English/Reading Teacher (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 10, 2015
A typical work day was very rewarding as I greeted students, graded papers and I taught Reading/Literature, as well as grammar and writing essays.

Management was great as the Principal provided high expectation for her teachers, students and staff.

The hardest part of my job was keeping a sense of humor with students; while being fair and impartial.

The most enjoyable part of my job as a middle school teacher was watching students as they participated in their learning and enjoying Mass once a month in a Catholic School for middle grades.
Pros
Great hours and excellent benefits.
Cons
Education young women to make a difference
CFO and Director of Athletics (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 16, 2016
A wonderful institution steeped in the traditions of the Sisters of Notre Dame where the focus is one total student development. A Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, it provided students with challenging curriculum, broad spectrum of student activities and athletics and a commitment to faith formation. Wonderful faculty and staff whose focus was always about the students.
Pros
Doing what I loved
Cons
Job insecurity
Private Academy offering a wonderful environment for the mental, physical and social development of the children .
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYOctober 2, 2012
I worked in the Pre-k classroom assisting the teacher in educating four year old children academically and socially with a hands on curriculum using books, art, music, role play and experiments. I learned how to be flexible, multi-task and work collaboratively. My co-workers and management were dedicated, respectful and hardworking people.
Productive and fun environment
Hispanic Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 1, 2014
• Build relationship with students, supporting them academically, personally and emotionally
• Reach out to parents to communicate about their child and the school and encourage them to become more involved in their child’s education
• Advocate on behalf of the students by serving as a mediator between the student and their teachers
• Meet weekly with school principal to share successes and challenges of the students
• Coordinate tutors and assist with college advising
• Reach out to Hispanic community to promote voucher program and assist with translation of documents
Private Education
4th and 5th Grade Teacher (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 16, 2014
My time here at Notre Dame has been very beneficial in helping me to become a more flexible and understanding educator. Our schedule changed on a daily basis due to circumstances I could not control and it helped me to realize that just because a lesson plan was written down, it doesn't mean it is going to happen the way that was planned. I was also taught and tested everyday with working with students who were constant challenges and received no help at home. This taught me to be more understanding and caring for my students that needed the extra time and help.
NDA Community is like no other.
Director of Alumnae (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 10, 2012
Working with the NDA community has been an excellent experience for me. This environment allowed me to foster constituent relationships, expand regional events and fundraising opportunities while enhancing the bottom line.
Great job.
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Park Hills, KYOctober 17, 2014
I really loved my job, I loved my co workers and became fast friends with all of them. This job is the one I have had the longest.
Very relaxed atmosphere
Athletic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hingham, MAJune 26, 2013
Respond to emails, organize and inventory uniforms and equipment.
Take care of the students needs pertaining to uniforms. Talk to parents. Set up money gates. Take care of any coaches needs.
Pros
flexible work hours
Ok
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 21, 2014
Temp position, would not want to stay there for more than three months.
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 26, 2014
Enjoyed working in various positions with a growing school.
Great kids
HEAD COACH (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MAOctober 17, 2012
Great kids, great athletic and academic reputation. Very supportive community of parents and teachers.