Notre Dame de Namur University Employee Reviews

Great at first, then you realize that everyone is a little crazy
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Belmont, CAApril 27, 2016
The biggest complaint you will hear from any employee is that they are short-staffed. Next on the list is that there is no support from upper-management - improper training but you are expected to just dive into the deep end. You are not sent to any conferences or training related to your job, you are not given any guidance to perform well, and there is very little motivation to do well. What is professional development? Since pay is not competitive enough, you get a lot of below average hires that do not know what they are doing. If you were sane when you started, you might find yourself losing some of that sanity towards the end.
Pros
You can accrue a lot of vacation and sick hours, medical/dental/vision (but not the best plan for families), holiday pay during Christmas through New Years day as well as other holidays throughout the year
Cons
Low pay, demoralization of your soul, unrealistic expectations of employees
Good overall atmosphere, but poor benefits & employee grumbling
Access Services Manager (Former Employee) –  LibraryNovember 20, 2013
I worked at NDNU briefly and wish I had spared myself the experience. The truly nutty manager I had when I was there is now gone and we will see if turnover slows down in the library. The general atmosphere of the campus is good, but there was a fair amount of employee dissatisfaction, and justly so, because of the poor benefits. Not a bad place if your partner or spouse can provide benefits from his or her job.

Be sure to read recent newspaper articles about current lawsuits before going in for an interview or accepting a job.
Pros
Physically beautiful campus
Cons
Terrible benefits
Professional experience with a clerical emphasis
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belmont, CADecember 28, 2012
In this position I assisted prospective and current students with procedures involving Admissions. I was responsible for answering questions on the phone and in person, data entry, giving campus tours and working school preview days.
Pros
great experience working in a professional atmosphere.
Cons
this was a student job that ended when my degree was finalized.
nice campus and good students
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Belmont, CAApril 29, 2015
I worked with supportive faculty and staff who were dedicated to the success of their students. Classes were a reasonable size and I was given plenty of creative freedom in terms of instruction and materials.
Pros
Nice scenery
Cons
small pay, no benefits
Fun workplace and reward driven
Telecounselor (Former Employee) –  Belmont, CAJune 17, 2013
Our job was mainly to call prospective students and see if they were planning on attending Notre Dame de Namur University. If they were thinking about it, our job was to explain why our school would be a good fit for them, or if it wasn't.
Pros
Fun people to work with, very encouraging boss
Cons
Not enough hours
I enjoyed my time here very much
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Belmont, CANovember 18, 2014
The people there were great to work for and I really enjoyed the job. The work culture was family friendly. The typical work days were 8-5 and there were many paid holidays and generous vacation. The work was very interesting and the environment was intellectually stimulating,
Graduate Advising Analyst (Former Employee) –  Belmont, CAFebruary 13, 2013
Notre Dame University is a great training ground and gives its employees a wonderful foundation to become very progressive management candidates in other types of industries. They are willing to teach and provide opportunities for continued growth and development!
Great Company
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay AreaJune 16, 2015
Amazing at fostering student success and building of professional skills. The hardest part is continuing to be a student and not blurring the lines of student worker and professional staff member.
Fun place
Assistant to the Administrative (Current Employee) –  Belmont, CAMay 30, 2012
I like all my co - workers
Its not repetitive so your always learning new things
Management is very understanding and caring
There is no typical day at work because everyday is different
Student
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belmont, CAOctober 4, 2014
I was attending NDNU to receive a post baccalaureate certificate in cellular biology.
Pros
small class size. excellent professors
Great Place
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Belmont, CASeptember 16, 2013
Fun environment with great people all working together to make a difference!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Notre Dame de Namur University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2