NOTTINGHAM CITY COUNCIL Employee Reviews

productive and fun place
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  NottinghamNovember 4, 2017
I was given the opportunity to engage in various tasks which were new and interesting. I learned how to converse with new people which helped me to increase my confidence. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in a professional environement. the hardest part of the job was the long hours.
Pros
travel paid
Ok
Business Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  NottinghamOctober 23, 2017
I support a team Architects, Structural Engineers, Site inspection and CDM officers. Having to regularly liaise with different departments, clients and contractors I feel has provided me with the skills and knowledge to progress
Visiting Officer
Visiting Officer (Former Employee) –  Angel RowOctober 23, 2017
Worked for 11 years for Nottingham City Council as a Welfare Officer for Housing Benefits department. Unfortunately, the dept became semi privatised 3 years ago which was to my detriment as I ended up doing an office job which did not suit me
Pros
Flexi-.time, generous holiday entitlement
One of the best places to work
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, NottinghamshireOctober 16, 2017
My time with the council had to be the one of the best times I've ever had at work. I'd have to love to stay longer but my life changed and I had to move citys, if I ever get the chance to go back I would.
dun workplace
Trainee Chef (Former Employee) –  Nottingham City Centre, NottinghamshireOctober 6, 2017
I think it was a great place to work cheery place, If you are unhappy they will make you happy somehow. And you get to learn new skills and it is very fast paced
Pros
Good people
Working for Nottm City Parks Department
Colwick Park Manager (Current Employee) –  Colwick Country ParkSeptember 10, 2017
Mange staff, ensuring park is covered during hours of operation.

Manage marina and trout fishery and biodiversity

Attend various user group meetings.
Pros
Good holidays and sick pay
Cons
Long hours, lack of staff and budget
good work place
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  NottinghamAugust 15, 2017
good work enviroment.
very smart.
good people to work with.
good business.
good place to learn and move up.
very friendly and bubbly people.
people dont mind you asking for help.
Alright
Service Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  NottinghamAugust 2, 2017
generally not a good place to work for, they stress out employees to the point of mental break down and dont take complaints seriously, whenever bringing up an issue with my manger it would not be taken seriously, but this review may be bad because i had a bad manager
Fun working environment
Summer intern (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, NottinghamshireJuly 25, 2017
A typical 9-5 role, as this was a summer intern role this gave me an insight into the real world of work. The organisation is highly professional and well managed. The most difficult part of the job was adapting to the working hours. Working with Nottingham city councils offers a wide variety of roles and an opportunity meet and interact with different people.
Pros
Free lunched
Cons
I am a positive, honest and hard-working man
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  granthamJuly 21, 2017
I am easy to work with. I have experience of working well in a team as well as alone. I can follow directions easily as well as work on my own initiative. I adapt well to new environments and security procedures. I excel in resolving disputes and possess good negotiation skills. I am very vigilant, respond quickly and correctly during crisis.
Pros
security officer
Cons
free
fun workplace
apprentce (Former Employee) –  Nottingham City Centre, NottinghamshireMay 5, 2017
the team was fun to work with and I have learnt a lot from them the days where fun and enjoyable as you can communicate with the customers and you can get feed back from them.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
overtime
Okay
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham City Centre, NottinghamshireApril 18, 2017
Worked as a casual admin support assistant for 1 and a half years. Was let go as they had 2 new apprentices coming in so free labour. Weak management, no job progression.
A challenging job role
Community Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Arnold, NottinghamshireApril 16, 2017
No day at work is the same, build fantastic relationships with residents, excellent teams, job security, have to be able to use own initiative, work without supervision, risk assess all incidents before attending.
Not too bad
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, NottinghamshireApril 10, 2017
I would recommend Nottingham City Council to friends and/or family and I have before. There are many added bonuses and benefits to working here too. Im quite sad I need to leave really.
Good
Desktop Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, NottinghamshireApril 1, 2017
The job itself is a blast. Doing what I like to do which is helping people as well as dealing with IT equipment. The employer NCC is very flexible with my times and as of yet had no problems.
Relaxed but professional workplace
Information Officer (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, NottinghamshireMarch 23, 2017
A nice open plan office with hard working and professional colleagues. Management is good, they try to help you progress. Workload is demanding due to cut in funding affecting staff levels but enjoyable to work due to the relaxed environment.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Not paid enough
Fun Workplace
Level 1 Swim Teacher (Current Employee) –  NottinghamMarch 18, 2017
Working for the Nottingham City Council is always different. However, I do find I am repeating certain things throughout the days and times of working. Through working in the Council I have learnt Reception and gained my Level 1 swim teacher qualification. A typical day at Nottingham City Council is; opening the building, general cleaning, Life guarding the pool, setting up sporting activities and closing the building. The most enjoyable is seeing the confidence of people that do not normally go swimming improving every time they come along.
Hard working friendly staff and a good manager
Window cleaner (Former Employee) –  Nottingham City Centre, NottinghamshireMarch 17, 2017
Positive in regards to training, open door policy, hard working friendly staff. Everyone willing to share ideas to make the workflow proactive. When I worked for Nottingham City Council I had a good team of workers who worked hard to get the job done and a good manager
Rewarding job but undervalued by senior management
Senior Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Nottingham City Centre, NottinghamshireMarch 14, 2017
A typical day at work was 9-10 hours minimum plus work over the weekend. There are limited resources and budget restraints but continues to be a need for services which have to be delivered.
Management have no understanding of what the reality on the front line working with citizens of Nottingham City is and are too far removed to acknowledge this even when given evidence and data to prove this.
Hardest part of the job was having to work alongside bully managers in other teams and there was no way of reporting them.
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with citizens.
N/a
Family Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, NottinghamshireMarch 7, 2017
I worked in various different roles within Family Support in the last 10 years for Nottingham City council. I worked predominantly with children and their families helping them achieve their optimum levels of success and progress within their environment.