Nova Corporation Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Helpdesk Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington DCAugust 10, 2015
NOVA Corporation is a great company to work for. During My time With NOVA I supported the Secretary of Defense Communications office which was one of the most demanding IT organizations that I have worked for. This is understood and the expected normal when supporting top Tier VIP's such as the Secretary and Deputy Secretary of Defense. I worked many weekends, Nights, Holidays and Days when there was inclement weather and limited transportation to support the mission. I've Learned how to work hard under pressure and to come up with innovative ideas in short periods of time. I've also gained priceless experience supporting a 24/7/365 mission critical IT environment. The hardest part of this position was managing a 24/7/356 Help desk while adhering to contractual support levels with limited/minimal manpower. It was difficult to manage a balanced work environment at times when staffing levels were low due to illnesses, turnover or planned leave. Working with NOVA supporting SDC has allowed me to gain knowledge and experience working with some of the most talented individuals in the DoD IT Community.
Pros
Education Opportunities
Cons
Healthcare Benefits and Interaction with Corporate
Nova
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 18, 2014
As an intern for a short time, I enjoyed the culture and admired the professionalism of the NOVA employee's, Depending on the position, the work-life balance may be a strain.

They offer scholarships for Native American's in business, which I found to be incredible.
Pros
Established and growing company
Worse Company I have ever worked for!!!
N/A (Former Employee) –  N/AJanuary 13, 2016
Unethical, corrupt company. Poor Leadership. Best of luck to those of you that are still employed. Values and Mission never followed.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Poor management/Underqualified military minds in high positions
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAMay 18, 2014
This company is supposed to be a Navajo Nation owned company yet there are only less than 10 Native Americans who work there and the rest are not, within a company of 350+ employees. Very sad. Management has a very tight knit relationship (and none of them are Native American) so unless you are within that "group" of people, beware. The Board of Directors have no idea what is going on within the company or they seem to accept the heavy sugar-coating of what is really going on.
Pros
Few good people
Cons
Lots of bad decision making
Well management company
IT DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJSeptember 21, 2015
System support, User support, Proactive maintenance.
Keep up system with no downtime 24/7/365. Multi location; Middle East, Europe, West coast.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Non regulated breaks
Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 1, 2013
Sales-solicited sale of new and additional services and products.
sold Credit card processing machines,computers.
successfully handled ,and installed processing equiptment. In charge of Albany,and surrounding region.I was instrumental in increasing
processed sales to $14.3 million.
Pros
had my own territory, worked on my own.
Cons
long times on road.
very professional work place
Service Desk Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDJanuary 13, 2015
I ensure that the service desk is running smooth. make sure all employees files are completed and request any accounts needed for their day to day activity
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJune 12, 2013
Very upbeat fast paced.....The co-workers were always eager to assist if you needed help...The mangers walked the floor to ensure accuracy. OT was allowed almost everyday...
Pros
Friendly staff, Great work enviroment
Cons
not able to move up quickly
Support the Military
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJanuary 26, 2012
I get to do what I love! However, government contracts have the possibility of being cut along with your job.
Pros
being a full time photographer
Cons
government contracting
First Break
Government IT Contractor (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJanuary 14, 2013
I enjoyed my time at Nova. The commute was a bear, but I got some great incite into Deltek GCS and was able to supplement my resume.
A very productive place to work.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Crete, ILMay 25, 2013
Co-workers are very friendly. They were always available to lend a helping hand.