Nova Guides Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Fun job
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Vail, CONovember 4, 2016
It is a great place to work for tour guides. They are located in the historic Camp Hale where the 10th mountain division trained for World War Two. As a tour guide i would take costumers on a snowmobile or ATV trip depending on the season.
Great place to meet other people interested in being outdoors
River raft guide (Former Employee) –  Camp Hale, COOctober 6, 2014
I was a rafting guide. In the morning I had to make sure that my trip had food and equipment for the day. During the day I had to keep guests entertained, show them the scenery and tell them interesting facts about the area. After the trips I had to put the equipment away and ready to use for the next day. The hardest part is that the season is short, so when there is work you work with almost no days off. The most enjoyable part is being on the water every day.
Pros
Got to explore the vail valley every day
Cons
There are very few days off during peak season
Fun for a While
Professional Backcountry Guide (Former Employee) –  Red Cliff, COJune 12, 2014
Fun People to work with,the Employees, they were the best. Lots of fun things to do for work too. You do need unbelievably thick skin to work there though, as the owners know how to use an angle grinder on you, and tell you it is your problem if you take it personal.
Years of demanding I operate unsafe equipment, working unpaid/refused overtime, never any Benefits/Holiday Pay/Vacation and generally being unappreciated(spit on) after 12 years of Loylty, Hard work, and Dedication, I had to leave.
Pros
Sharing the Magic of Colorado with Clientel, the Employees.
Cons
Everything that was not outdoors.