NOVA HOME LOANS Employee Reviews

undervalued employee
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 17, 2017
not given enough loans to make the bonus, employee reviews rarely happen unless they are disciplinary. people are nice to work with and underwriters are very helpful.
Friendly people, good management.
Fulfillment Center Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 16, 2017
A typical day at work involved doing LE's for all types of loans (Refi/Purch, Conv., FHA, VA, etc.) completing and statement of denial letters, keeping up with emails, hitting daily goal for total number of LE's completed. Very fast paced job, time sensitive work. Management/Supervisors are very nice and always willing to help. Hardest part of the job would be last minute short notice requests for loan reviews. Most enjoyable part of the job would be the people you work with and knowing that each loan is different.
Pros
Benefits, good pay, 1hr lunch, friendly people, holiday potlucks, supportive management.
Cons
Can be stressful, urgent time sensitive material.
Work Hard and Play Hard
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 14, 2017
I've been with NOVA for 8 years now. I crack up a little with some of the negative reviews you see here. I'll make this simple for you. NOVA expects greatness from you. So that means you need to work hard, work fast, work professional and get the job done. It's really not that hard. Today more than ever people look for instant gratification, they expect to work on the job 2 weeks and get a raise and a big title. That is not the case, you need to put in time, the hours and the effort. If you do this, then you will be rewarded, It's not that difficult.

I've worked for other mortgage companies and I can say without a doubt that NOVA is one of the best. They do care about their employees, but above all, they care about the borrower. NOVA will always do what's needed to put them first.

Lastly, yes, benefits are expensive. That is not on NOVA. for being a small(ish) company, they do a lot to help offset these costs for us. Ask around and you'll see, companies of similar size have the same or worse costs than NOVA. Insurance is a mess and that's not going to change for a while.
Pros
Holiday Party, Employee Events, The People
Cons
Na
Mortgage loan processes
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  broadway and wilmontOctober 22, 2017
wouldn't recommend company due to management and also when they don't appreciate who you are working with. Not enough time off and not equal pay for each employee
Pros
learning development
Cons
management
Nobody cares about anyone except themselves
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 26, 2017
At the beginning, everything was great. Everyone treated each other with respect and honesty. Later when a new manager came in, there was a HIT LIST which was the people management was going to get rid of.

There was a lot of cut throat people and stabbing in the back. Management did not have control of this and so it continued. Managers would act like they were your best friend and that they cared about you but the reality was they just wanted information to back up why they were letting you go.
good place to work
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COAugust 14, 2017
A good place to work. However, they do not give raises very often to the non-commission based employees. To the point of almost never. The culture is great, the people are great. Overall a good place to work.
Not the best place to work
Assistant Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 21, 2017
I loved it at first, not even 1 year later, everything started to change. Lots of turn-around, no steady management. You are not promoted for your merit but by how you look and how much you kiss up to management.
Back stabbing, immature management, cowards!
Any (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 17, 2017
Nova is a great company, what they do for people outside of the company is top notch. Notice I said "outside" of company. I had the opportunity to analyze employees, worth ethic, business model and the office environment(s) for some time. Contract employees...stay away, you have no guaranteed job there NO MATTER what they or your recruiter says! The turnover with this company is the highest I have ever seen in my 20 years of career experience. It's just sad and alarming to say the least. Owners are awesome people, they just need to visit unanounced to really see how employees are treated however, if you're seen, the behavior will stop. Everyone talks bad about each other but acts the complete opposite to thier faces. If you are willing to sacrifice everything you have, including your family and things that are a priority in your life, then this is the company for you! If you want to pay a huge insurance premium for you and your family, then please apply. If you want to be treated like gold at first and then have a 180 happen to you after a few months, accept a position with them directly or through an agency. Otherwise, please move along...it will save you a lot of heartache, stress and money. Good luck!
Pros
Employee events
Cons
Too much turnover, secretive, favortisim
Horrible place to work
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 28, 2017
This office was highly disorganized and treated their employees like sweat shop workers. Compensation was poor and no room for advancement without selling your soul.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and very stressful
Was a fun company until NEW management washired on to company
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 11, 2017
It was a fun company to work t until new management was hired. Then all was not fun.It was hard t go to working knowing that it was going to be a bad day, even though it had not started.

They were letting go of people that the old manager had hired.
they do not focus on your talents but on weaknesses
Team Loan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 22, 2017
I was hired, and my manager told me he was not a micro manager which was not the case. The overall office location was supposed to be about family first but that was not the case.
Pros
local company helping local families
Cons
pressure not to take time off
Amazing bank with superior operations
Loan Officer Associate (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 22, 2017
For mortgage lending it does not get much better than Nova. Amazing management team with great resources and operations to get your loans closed on time. Fun environment.
Positive and productive place to work
Business Marketing Coordinator & Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 22, 2017
I worked for Nova Home Loans from 15-19 years old. This was my first job where I got to work among adults and take in their work ethic. I learned so much from simple tasks from administrative work to very intricate loan industry procedures. Management was fantastic, extremely helpful and patient to unsure my knowledge was accurate for anything presented to me to complete. The most enjoyable thing was being able to create and update many of their post-closing database entries that are still being used today. Along with the technology side, I learned a lot about finances, credit and debt. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the procedures and systems to ensure no mistakes were made.These lessons have all played a role in my personal and professional life in one way or another.
Pros
Great hours, friendly co-workers, helpful managers
It was ok
Accounting Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 15, 2017
Worked in the Accounting department and at times especially toward month end it can be stressful. I met amazing people working here and the experience was great!
Don't want to review Nova further
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 12, 2017
I am not interested in reviewing Nova Home Loans publicly. It is a high stress work environment and expectations are HUGE. Nothing more to say. Nothing else.
Worst place Ive ever worked
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  NVOctober 12, 2016
Constant change over in staff,management. Management in branch is ego driven,not a team environment, employees are unhappy and shows with attitude.
Pros
Corporate offices are nice. Management in corporate is great.
Cons
Branch in nv is awful.
terrible do not go here for loans or work
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2016
company was very unprofessional and so were the people runing the place.

violations of HR all over the place including harassment and discrimination.

there is no security in any position and they over work everyone
Pros
good coffee break room
Cons
management and lack of profesionalism
Scanner/Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 18, 2016
There was always room to grow, many new things to learn, when we werent busy we were always invited to train in other departments to get to know everyones job. I loved my co-workers they were just like family. The most enjoyable part of my job was the fun perks we got (home coming, bowling events,hockey games, and golf n stuff family nights.
Pros
Bonuses, Potlucks, Holiday Parties
Cons
short breaks, healthcare, managment
company is very employee oriented
Quality Control Analyst Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 27, 2016
Great company to work for decent benefits. Always promote within before opening jobs to outside. People are very friendly, CEO and founder is amazing. He really cares about his Nova family and gives off nothing but positive energy.
I enjoyed working at Nova Home Loans
Payroll Administrator and Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 12, 2016
The work was fast-paced and challenging. I enjoyed the co-workers I interacted with. My supervisor was excellent. She was helpful and encouraging. There were many aspects of the payroll process that were more difficult than payroll at other companies, but I enjoyed being challenged.

Overall, I felt this was a positive working environment.
Pros
Benefits, flexibility