NOVA HOME LOANS Employee Reviews

Amazing bank with superior operations
Loan Officer Associate (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 22, 2017
For mortgage lending it does not get much better than Nova. Amazing management team with great resources and operations to get your loans closed on time. Fun environment.
Positive and productive place to work
Business Marketing Coordinator & Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 22, 2017
I worked for Nova Home Loans from 15-19 years old. This was my first job where I got to work among adults and take in their work ethic. I learned so much from simple tasks from administrative work to very intricate loan industry procedures. Management was fantastic, extremely helpful and patient to unsure my knowledge was accurate for anything presented to me to complete. The most enjoyable thing was being able to create and update many of their post-closing database entries that are still being used today. Along with the technology side, I learned a lot about finances, credit and debt. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the procedures and systems to ensure no mistakes were made.These lessons have all played a role in my personal and professional life in one way or another.
Pros
Great hours, friendly co-workers, helpful managers
Cons
Don't want to review Nova further
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 12, 2017
I am not interested in reviewing Nova Home Loans publicly. It is a high stress work environment and expectations are HUGE. Nothing more to say. Nothing else.
Worst place Ive ever worked
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  NVOctober 12, 2016
Constant change over in staff,management. Management in branch is ego driven,not a team environment, employees are unhappy and shows with attitude.
Pros
Corporate offices are nice. Management in corporate is great.
Cons
Branch in nv is awful.
terrible do not go here for loans or work
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2016
company was very unprofessional and so were the people runing the place.

violations of HR all over the place including harassment and discrimination.

there is no security in any position and they over work everyone
Pros
good coffee break room
Cons
management and lack of profesionalism
Scanner/Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 18, 2016
There was always room to grow, many new things to learn, when we werent busy we were always invited to train in other departments to get to know everyones job. I loved my co-workers they were just like family. The most enjoyable part of my job was the fun perks we got (home coming, bowling events,hockey games, and golf n stuff family nights.
Pros
Bonuses, Potlucks, Holiday Parties
Cons
short breaks, healthcare, managment
company is very employee oriented
Quality Control Analyst Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 27, 2016
Great company to work for decent benefits. Always promote within before opening jobs to outside. People are very friendly, CEO and founder is amazing. He really cares about his Nova family and gives off nothing but positive energy.
I enjoyed working at Nova Home Loans
Payroll Administrator and Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 12, 2016
The work was fast-paced and challenging. I enjoyed the co-workers I interacted with. My supervisor was excellent. She was helpful and encouraging. There were many aspects of the payroll process that were more difficult than payroll at other companies, but I enjoyed being challenged.

Overall, I felt this was a positive working environment.
Pros
Benefits, flexibility
Family oriented, flexible, and fun place to work
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 28, 2015
A typical work day is busy with emails, bookkeeping for the subsidiary companies, accounts payable and accounts receivable reconciliation, customer and revenue deposits, processing commission reports for 1099 payouts, maintaining and updating schedules, journal entries, and month end accrual journal entries. I enjoy this position and working for this company. I work well with my co-workers and have learned so much from management. The owners of this company promote a family oriented and flexible work schedule culture. The hardest part of the job is relying on others before being able to finish some of your own tasks.
Focused on Quality not Quantatity
Operations (Current Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 29, 2015
Was personally asked to skip steps as part of the Operations Department from the Sales Side. Little in house assistance with on the job training. Fires women who become pregnant but blames it on something else. No diversity.

Want to know more about NOVA HOME LOANS?

Ask a question
Compensation
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale,AZMay 5, 2015
They do not give annual merit raises and they allow veryy liutlle time of paid time off accrual. Benefits are expensive.The work load assignment is based off who is friends with who
Learned a lot
Sr. Loan processor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Spgs, COJanuary 13, 2015
Great place. I would recommend anybody looking for a loan to go to Nova. There were always great surprises by insurance companies and our sales team. My typical day was always busy. Never a dull moment. Great company parties. Company paid very well with incentives.
Excellent company and work environment
Loan Officer Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson AZOctober 5, 2014
Working with customers and building files for mortgage transactions; I learned the mortgage industry from start to finish. Management was knowledgeable and training was excellent. Co-workers were the best,friendly and fun. The hardest part of the job was trying to digest the massive amount of information provided. The enjoyable part of the job was the amount opportunity available to employees and the employee appreciation events.
Pros
Employee appreciation events
Cons
There aren't any
Great starting point for a life in mortgage
Funding Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 16, 2014
Nova Home Loans is a fantastic place to work as far as family oriented, well rounded companies go. While working there I received above average bonuses, catered lunches, made long lasting business relationships with upper management and co-workers, and discovered the ins and outs of working in home loans. In my 2 year period I learned funding, closing, pre-funding, pre-closing, shipping, wiring, and scanning. However, I was a funding assistant and I did not get paid to learn these other aspects. Also, my position was terminated when the number of loans slowed down and learning any of the above skills did not save my job. I had an amazing boss and co-workers, probably some of the best people I will ever meet. Which was good because I did get to spend a considerable amount of time with them on busy days when (depending on your job) you needed to go in at 5AM and leave at 10PM. Nova's salary has been noted to be bleak at best compared to other mortgage companies. I made slightly over minimum wage and relied on bonus checks to supplement my income. Though I was laid off before this occured, I heard that the last quaterly bonus was not handed out because of budget cuts. If you have a degree in something, chances are you will not get a position in that field. I knew many people with degrees in marketing, admin, and business that were scattered around the offices. Some of these people attempted to get into the field that they studied in. Very few succeeded. If you work in expediting, you will not have a job for long. The longest I've seen an expeditor last at Nova is  more... a year. This burdens other employees who rely on expediting to refill folders, fastners, bring them mail, send down time sensitive documents (time really matters in this industry) and basically do their job. I have had to help out expediting many times because they have fired all but one of their employees and that employee is supposed to train the new hires. My pre-funding team actually got into a fight with expediting and as a way of getting back at us witheld loan packages that needed to get to our funders. This is a family's house that we are talking about here! Upper management (CEO, CFO) rely on a team of woefully underpaid employees to do their job and then reap the rewards of this success. We did get an annual Christmas party every year, but we never got a raise, and these days my floor rarely gets a company lunch for bringing in over 200 loans (the most this company has ever seen.) I will say that this is a great starter company, but much like Magnus or other mortgage companies that have bankrupted in the past, if Nova doesn't do something to change their ethcial beliefs on how to run a company, they will not outlast the competition.  less
Pros
Free lunches, bonuses, great employee relationships
Cons
Unstable, childish work environment
Fast Paced Organization
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 23, 2014
A professional organization whose main focus is customer service. Due to the customer service aspect and being in the mortgage industry, NOVA is a fast paced organization.

Everyone from the owners and executive management to the employees are expected to work hard. Leaving problems for someone else or ignoring problems just isn't acceptable at NOVA.

All employees pitch in and do their job to the best of their ability. It is a stressful environment, but worth it for anyone who likes to work hard.
Pros
Bonuses, benefits and company sponsored parties/outings.
Cons
The pace can be difficult for some to take.
Do Not Trust Them
Processor (Former Employee) –  ScottsdaleMay 28, 2014
Nova was ok at best if you arent a loan officer and a high producing one at that don't expect anything from the company processors are trained from within so they think their methods are the best they don't encourage any growth such as moving on from processing to sales so don't expect that they drink during work hours and the office can turn into the romper room
Pros
freedom to come and go as you please
Cons
lack of pay for non loan officers
NOT my thing
Processor / Executive Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 8, 2014
This company really only rewards the loan officers and executive team. I would imagine it being more fun working in a small bank.
It was an experience.
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 7, 2014
It was a job. I loved my co-workers. Management, well it was a job.
Enjoyable place to work.
DE and conventional Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Chandler, ArizonaDecember 9, 2013
Great employer.
The atmosphere was team oriented and relaxed. All the co-workers acted as team members and worked together to be productive in the mortgage industry. The most difficult part of the job with this employer was having enough work to do.
Pros
Relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Cons
Lack of work.
Efficent, strong values, great company
Loan set-up/Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 8, 2013
They are a great company to work for. They are great at what they do and there are tons of opportunity to move up within the company.
Pros
They treat their employees well
Cons
pay scale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NOVA HOME LOANS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9