Nova Medical Centers Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company; great chance for advancing
Medical Assistant, NCT (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 26, 2016
I have been with Nova 3 short month and have already been promoted. They recognize efforts and promote within. I would recommend Nova to anyone with a desire to grow with a established company. Management is willing to train in addition to online training provided by Nova U.
Pros
Promote within.
Cons
Open 8:30-6:00
Extremely productive, professional and fun atmosphere
Medical Assistant/FOA/ Team Lead (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXApril 26, 2016
If looking for a place to learn and multitask and have fun at the same time Nova is the place to be. You will learn many facets of professionalism, and while learning on the job this is the place where we implement the highest level of patient care and great work ethics. While in management I know that in the future I will have the highest degree of work standards because of Nova. In management I have learned to work with different personalities and how to diffuse matters to maintain work professionalism. The most difficult part has been balancing personalities. But with the help of my co- workers and other management, we have learned to succeed in this matter positively. I love coming to work where we appreciate one another and respect one another. Its the most rewarding atmosphere to be in.
Pros
everthing
Cons
na
Join a Growing Company
Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2016
Nova Medical Centers delivers exceptional occupational medical services to a broad array of corporate employers through its many network and payer relationships. The outcomes that are delivered to working men and women benefit our customers and patients and could only be achieved through the efforts of more than 600 dedicated employees located across 4 states and almost 4 dozen clinic locations. Nova’s clinic personnel including board certified medical doctors, mid-levels including physician assistants, licensed physical therapists, and other health professionals deliver care through Occuflex, our proprietary practice management and electronic health record system.

Nova’s growth offers many opportunities for our employees and our culture rewards hard work, initiative, creativity, problem solving and a focus on a positive patient and customer experience. If you enjoy working for a company focused on continuous improvement and want to make a positive improvement in the lives of the many patients we serve, please join me and my many colleagues here at Nova. You may look back at your time at Nova as some of the most memorable periods of your career.
Pros
Open culture, rewards work ethic, patient focused
Cons
Not enough time in the day to meet all our goals
A great place to work and build a career.
SVP, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2016
If you are a go getter this is the company for you. Employees who want an opportunity to move up the ladder can do so and are only limited by their willingness or wanting. Nova has a robust training program both via module deployment and on the job training. Leadership cares about it employees and models its behavior via the "servant leadership" philosophy. Nova is always looking at ways to improve its culture.
Pros
Barriers of communication are non-existent. Employees feel confident that their input is valued.
For Those Looking For A Career, Instead of Just Another Job
Distict Vice President of Sales - Central TX (Current Employee) –  Central Texas (Including Permian Basin)March 28, 2016
Nova Medical Centers is a the perfect corporate culture for Career minded people who have a passion for customer service, are highly motivated to achieve professional & personal success, desire to be well rewarded & recognized for their efforts, who remain coachable throughout any challenges, & who are committed to always finding every possible way to grow professionally within a growing company.

A typical day is coming in with a set plan for success mapped out on a CRM schedule, & executing with a sense of urgency on cold calls, appointment setting, pursuit of new business, maintenance & retention of existing business, documenting client interactions, working through client issue resolution processes & procedures, & prospecting for fresh leads. I have learned in my years as an Industrial Director (account manager), & in sales management of Industrial Directors, that those who consistently have a detailed plan of action in place & prioritize their time in a way that still allows them to fight any fires that can pop up at any time of the day when working in Medical related fields, will nearly always have a clear path to continued success in growing their book of business.

The hardest part of the job is having the discipline to always stay organized & efficient, running one's schedule & not the other way around, selling with a consultative approach (presenting benefits specific to the individual client after uncovering their specific needs) instead of trying to sell with 'cookie cutter' presentations, & not giving in to the temptation of focusing on a particular piece of
  more... one's sales pipeline that may currently have a weakness to the detriment of other pieces that its just as crucial to consistently maintain. A key ingredient to a successful sales career at Nova is embracing the fact that you must always come to work with a detailed daily plan of success, & that if you consistently work through small, steady 'bites' of the 3 parts of our sales pipeline every single day, then overall growth will be achieved weekly, monthly, & yearly... Resulting in a long & fulfilling career with Nova Medical Centers.

The most enjoyable part of the job from the sales aspect is having supreme confidence in the field that you work with a rapidly growing company, offering clear competitive advantages in treatment philosophy, cutting edge technology, service & support, validated by hundreds of referral letters from satisfied clients in industry types & business sizes of all stripes, which makes it incredibly easy for prospective clients to see why they should trust their business to Nova as well. There are also opportunities for advancement for those seeking that career path. Also, the Comp Plan & Work/Life Balance is Great! Competitive Base, TRULY UNCAPPED Commission Structure, Weekends Off, Paid Holidays, Great Medical/Dental/Vision, 401(k) w/employer match, Sales Performance Incentive Award Programs, Team Atmosphere, Awesome Corporate Support Structure - from Industrial Directors, all the way to our Executive Leadership Team, a passion for our patients, our client companies, & all of our valued employees of Nova Medical Centers is never in doubt!!
Pros
Great Comp, Work Life/Balance, Team Atmosphere, Industry Leader
Cons
Initial training can be intense, think Navy SEALS of Sales, so understand that a passion for success and sense of urgency must be there from Day 1
Great Place to Work
Industrial Director (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 28, 2016
Great place to work! The staff and management are exceptional and the industry is constantly evolving. I enjoy working in an environment where I can continuously learn and aid businesses.
Pros
Great work environment, hours, team
Fun and rewarding job
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 28, 2016
Nova Medical Centers provides a platform for the Sales team to be successful and earn a great living while maintaining a fair work life balance. It is a challenging job that rewards w long lasting relationships and competitive pay!
Pros
Fun and Challenging
Horrbile
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousMarch 8, 2016
They expect WAY to much out of you with absolutely NO room for mistakes, even as a new employee. Everything is ran by corporate, and you have to ask permission to do ANYTHING! Forget trying to be pro-active. If it's not "corporate" they won't do it. Management is all about micro-managing..they even have cameras and sit and watch you! They really do not care about their employees at all, despite what they tell you! Nothing is ever good enough for them, no matter how hard you try! Don't work there!
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
See above
Work Hard, Play Hard, Be Flexible!
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2016
Nova is a great environment to work in. Continuing education is significantly valued in the PT department with ongoing development programs, a professional development team, and a healthy CEU reimbursement program. On a daily basis, I am able to collaborate with the medical provider, medical center manager and any personnel within our our PT leadership. This allows my team to provide great patient care and customer service while using the support of our leadership to perform at a high level.

There are opportunities to contribute to the growth of the company as well as to grow on an individual level as a clinician and supervisor/administrator.

The Nova PT department truly invests in each and every employee and when able can help each realize their individual goals with the various opportunities that are available or arise.
Pros
Communication, CEU, professional development, 1 on 1 patient care, MD on-site, great team members, advancement opportunities, growth opportunities, 1 hour lunch
Cons
In the healthcare system things always change
Excellent work place, flexible hours, good positive enviroment.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 26, 2016
A typical day at work is coming in at 8:10 and get ready to clock in by 8:30. Make sure everything is good and running for the patients to sign in and be checked in. A good day would be keeping busy through out the day by seeing over 60 patients a day. I have learned a lot and keep learning every day here at Nova. The staff have been very helpful in every step of the way. Having previous background in Team Lead, the staff are open minded and do not take things to heart. I like that about them, speaks volumes! The hardest part of the job would be when it comes to referrals and sometimes a referral can take several days for approval and the patient feel that it is us here at Nova that are not doing our job right. The most enjoyable part is working together as a TEAM and helping each other when a person is missing or when we are super busy and how we just do not think twice and we just HELP one another get the job done.
Pros
Not working weekends
Cons
Days when we see less than 30 patients
Awsome Sauce
Team Leader/ Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 26, 2016
Nova has a great way of getting patients in and out in a timely manner. I love how close tight the employees are with each other its like one big Nova family. The hardest part of the job would honestly would have to be going home because the patients and co workers are just that awesome.
Pros
Physical therapy, no weekend or late night work
Cons
Absolutely terrible place to work
Assitant Medical Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 9, 2016
This company will promise you the world but when it really comes down to it, they use you up and throw you out the door. Management is all about micro managing and doesn't provide any direction whatsoever but they will watch you on the camers and listen to you on the phone all day long. They say they provide training but fail to do so then rip you to shreds when you make a mistake and make sure everyone knows you made a mistake. There is absolutely no room to move up and you probably wouldn't want to anyways. They will work you to death with crazy hours and outrageous expectations. Nova treats it's employees like they are replaceable and will fire you for no reason at all so there really is no job security. The kind of busines they do is shady and that explains why they recently went through an insurance fraud lawsuit. Run as fast as you can from Nova.. Probably the worst place to work. You will be better off working elsewhere.
Cons
Highest level of clinical care available for injured workers.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2015
At Nova medical centers they understand the importance of early intervention and how it improves long term outcomes by getting injured worker’s care the day of the injury. The physical therapy department provides the highest level, evidence based, one on one care. They focus on reducing your pain and maximizing your function specific to your occupation. The company provides an extensive interview process to find passionate and skilled clinicians to join their team. Once hired the company offers more resources than any company I’ve ever worked for. They have an entire team dedicated to the professional development and clinical expertise for their team members. They offer quick links to state practice acts, clinical practice guidelines, special tests database and many others. They also offer a generous reimbursement program for continuing education and APTA membership. The company always looks to promote from within whenever possible so there are frequent opportunities to advance. Overall, it is an excellent company to work for that truly cares about it’s employees and helping them provide the highest quality clinical care available!
Pros
Dedicated team, reimbursement program, promotes from within the company
Cons
It is a high level orthopedic out-patient clinic. However, they work 100% with worker’s comp patients and I miss not working with athletes.
A career, not a job
VP of sales (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 10, 2015
Nova Medical Centers has really put a lot of support systems in place to ensure that our sales reps are armed with phenomenal training, resources to help facilitate the sales process and a wonderful support team at Corporate. Also, there is great support in place from our sales reps. We all help each other and provide leads and help with locations in our territories and markets. We participate in team building activities that help keep and build morale on the teams.
Pros
Sales team support, incentive programs, team building allowances, positive morale for our team
Cons
Good culture and room to advance
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 28, 2015
Nova provides a good culture for its employees as well as a plethora of opportunities for growth. We have common values and aspirations which makes for a very cohesive and positive work environment. Management allows cross training in other areas to improve your skill level and prep you for upward mobility if you are interested. Nova is a good place to put down permanent roots and gain a wealth of information along the way.
Learned to be sufffient and to use any free time wisely
Assist patient preparation (Former Employee) –  Dallas TXOctober 19, 2015
Fun work place. Management does tend to make you feel like they micro manage many things due to a previous law suit . Its a good place to get started in a medical career as you attend school. Hardest part of the job is patient over load and not a lot of help on the floor.
Great Place For Drug Screens, Horrible place to work!!!
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 23, 2015
Run as fast as you can. Nova should only be used as a stepping stone. Don't try to make this a career because they will see fit that you fail. The Management is petty all the way up to corporate. You could be the best worker and they will make you feel as if your not. keep it moving. Surly i could go on and on for days with facts. But its not worth it.
Pros
1 Hour Lunch Break
Cons
No Raises, No PTO, Bad Insurance, Rude Management
Not a nice place for employment.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2015
Nova Medical Center was a very hostile work environment with a high turnover rate. The management is extremely rude to their employees. I would not recommend anyone seeking a career to work for this company.
Pros
Decent pay.
Cons
Unprofessional managment
Best Place I have worked!
Medical Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  Duncanville, TXAugust 18, 2015
Nova Medical Centers is a great place to grow and learn many different skills. You are able to work your way up the ladder as quickly as you learn. I started off as Front office assistant and worked my way up as a manger and now I can do most everything in my Clinic. Everyone is a Team player! Couldn't see my self anywhere else.
Pros
Ability to get certified for DOT physicals, and BAT, and Dot d/s
Cons
Benifits
Great growing organization which continues to impress
Medical Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 11, 2015
Nova has been wonderful to me as far as companies go. As with most places there are some things that could use some fine tuning. One of the biggest obstacles is the company's lack of long term investment in their employees as raises are non-existent. Despite this they do promote from within which does offer career advancement. Having weekends off is another big plus.
Pros
Great support from management
Cons
No ability to give raises