Nova Medical Centers Employee Reviews

Worst job I have ever had
Industrial Director (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 27, 2017
Sales people were micromanaged, our jobs were often threatened, and we were not told that the sales force would start with 6 people and eventually whittled down to one; we were told that we would not be downsized, but that is exactly what happened after we got our clinic up and running.
Pros
Loved some of my coworkers! Excellent salary.
Cons
Intimidation by superiors on a daily basis, we were asked to promote things about clinic that were not true
fast paced and always something new
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 29, 2017
i really enjoyed working for the company. they are very understanding with our time off emergency situations. the workplace always has something going on
very stressful
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 11, 2017
Very stressful work environment, with poor management. Terrible communication throughout the company. Poor time management. Often asked to work later than scheduled shifts.
Micromanage Company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Super micromanage company. Corporation is all up on everyone's business. There is days that you can't even work peacefully because corporation calls for every little mistake is made. They usually just call for the mistakes not the good things. You're also expected to clean (sweep, mop, scrub toilets, clean counters, wipe down exam tables, clean break room) basically be a maid. They advertise that being bilingual is a big plus. It's NOT. You are not allowed to speak spanish between fellow employees or during your lunch break if you're still in the facility. You have to sign a policy that you will only speak spanish if you're translating otherwise it's not acceptable.
The pits to work for !!!
X-Ray Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 1, 2017
This company does not have a janitorial service do the cleaning. The employees do the toilet cleaning, moping & dusting daily! Then when an injury or non-injured patient comes in the door, you have to stop what you are doing and take the patient back. Upper management is a joke. Vacations with one office manager and covers for this manager to take a nap on company time. Yet you will be written up for the least little thing. MICROMANAGED to the extreme!!!! Up until 9/17, no raises were given, period, ever!!!! RUN from this company !!!!!!
Pros
The doctors and some co-workers are great !!
Cons
Scrubbing toilets, & performing other janitorial services, upper management protects a select few, and hangs most employees out to dry !
NOVA is constantly evolving to meets customer's needs
Industrial Director (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 12, 2017
The industry is always changing and we try to be ahead of the changes. You have to be ready to learn new thing every day and adapt to sudden changes.
At NOVA we strive to give the best service and provide the customer with tools that will make the process easier and smoother for them. You have to be very customer oriented since on this position you are the link between the clinic and the client. Although, reports never end and quotas either, the company compensates hard working people and you get recognized for your work.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Lots of reports
Work Hard, Play Hard
Industrial Director (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 6, 2017
Nova Medical Centers has everything laid out for you....you just have to follow it. There is never any question of what your goals or requirements are, everything is very clearly defined. The company is growing and all management positions are hired from within. Just like any sales job, you work hard and you will be rewarded. I love the balance of inside and outside sales.
Pros
Competitive environment and compensation. Fast paced for the busy body.
Cons
IT systems, including email, could be updated but I know they are working on it.
Fast paced - friendly environment
Sales (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 6, 2017
Very fast paced with fair expectations for sales quotas and opportunity to earn significant compensation, friendly environment. Allows the opportunity to work with all kinds of different businesses so it leaves little time to get bored or in a rut.
Pros
Opportunity to make signifcant income
Cons
Employee benefits (health insurance) is not the best
Nice work enviroment
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 5, 2017
I worked at Nova Medical for about 10 months. Opened new location in Memphis. Very competitive and it comes down to your territory, if you plan to stick around. They hire 6 sale directors, again it has a lot to do with your territory. At the end of the day they will only keep 2 reps, regardless how professional and competitive you are, at the end of day it will come down to that territory you are in. It was a great work environment and all was fair, but understand that territory will make or break you, and once you push that Nova brand out there for the duration you are there, its a wrap....folks will get cut from the team, no notice...in other words Fired!!
Pros
Pay/commission
Cons
Job security
Nova is the king of Occupational Medicine and the total package!
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston TexasJuly 1, 2017
Work hard play hard be flexible! Its a challenging patient population but it keeps you sharp and never a dull moment. Our outstanding management team takes great pride at developing our clinical skill sets and offers opportunity for leadership.I was their first PTA when Nova had just 3 clinics and now we are multi-state! Thank yoi NOVA for letting me into The Nova Family!
Worst job I ever had
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 8, 2017
23yr in the medical field this is hands down the worst place I have worked. they take micromanaging to the extreme. when you have to call the corporate office to ask if you can turn the heat up because the office is cold and they tell you to have the staff wear jackets. they do so many things wrong I'm surprised they are still open. OSHA and other agencies need to go in there fine them.
Pros
Cons
everything
Unethical
Sales / Management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2017
Terrible training, terrible work ethic, terrible management, rude, was sued by Texas Mutual Insurance for unethical procedures, sued by employees for unpaid but mandatory overtime work hours
Micromanaging corporate medical company.
Market Float Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2017
Micromanaging corporate staff. Hard to get time off. Puts company before patients. Does not care about it's employees or balance of work and home life.
Pros
One-on-one patient care.
Cons
Micromanaging corporate medical company.
Do not work for this company!
Management (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 17, 2017
This company is so terrible. No job security, the people in corporate are so crooked. If you already have medical experience go somewhere else! If you do apply to work here and get the job do not stop looking for another job, I swear you will regret working here.
Pros
Off weekends
Cons
Everything else.
No Job Security / Bad work life balance / Strange Culture
Industrial Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2017
You make 40 calls in the morning to new prospects from 8:45 am - 10:30 am followed by running appointments with new and existing clients in the field from 11:30 am - 3:45 pm. Wrap up the rest of the day with e-mails and follow up calls. Work every night for a minimum of one hour and every weekend for a minimum of two hours.
Pros
No contracts in our industry
Cons
Not enough time in the day to complete all required tasks
Career growth
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2017
This organization strongly believes in promoting from within. If you show initiative and drive you will be given opportunities to move up in the organization. Nova is an innovator and truly believes in a commitment to service to patients and stakeholders.
Pros
Career grotwth, friendly environment
Cons
Medical Benefits can be pricey
okay
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 20, 2017
The job it's self was not bad. Occupational testing. The Manager was really good. friendly staff. The work life balance was about average. The pay was lower than any other place around.
Busy and diverse with a good support team in the Physical therapy department.
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2017
One on one pt care in hour slots. Monthly team meetings amongst the district to keep team up to date on the comings and goings. Staff in PT department always welling to help one another out with difficult Pt cases. You get to work hand in hand with medical providers on site as well as surgeons outsourced for workers comp pts.
Don't get fooled by the niceness of interviewers
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  TxMarch 16, 2017
All managers gossip to one another about the drama going on in their clinic. If thy don't like you they'll find a way to get rid of you the "right way". They let the ones they like get away with anything and I mean ANYTHING. For example, you don't have to work all day and techs messing with patients. NOVA is full of DRAMA so stay away!
Pros
Patients
Cons
Productive, busy fast paced practice
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 2, 2017
Great staff, teamwork and communication is top priority for this facility which makes things run real smooth, various locations opened and when needed to relocate everyone is on the same page. Busy, fun environment which makes the day go much faster.
Pros
Free lunches, Free ticket events
Cons
Lunch breaks delay to not having one at all at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nova Medical Centers. Our community is ready to answer.