Nova Medical Centers Employee Reviews

Finallyyyyyy
Marketing Team (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2016
This job was everything I had always been looking for. Great salary, good benefits, a great culture and amazing people. It was almost a little intimidating that everyone had worked here for years, most 10+. The trust they have in you to do your job is incredible. No micro-management whatsoever.
Pros
Work-life balance - I finally have one!! Great location, nice people, open communication, speak into improvements.
Cons
Very laid-back, no dress code. Relaxed culture.
Winning!!!
Industrial Director (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 2, 2017
NOVA Medical Centers offers a fast paced competitive work environment where hard work and willingness to succeed directly impacts your commissions and rewards. The workplace culture is structured which helps me stay organized and manage my time effectively. We have management support all the way down to the company CRM system which has the capability to streamline and designate various issues to the appropriate department heads to assist with problem resolution. The probationary period and initial training was probably the most challenging part of my job, but once your earn your stripes the job becomes second nature. I enjoy hearing clients talk to others about the positive patient outcomes they’ve experienced utilizing NOVA as a resource. The business model, philosophies and processes that separate NOVA from the rest benefit employers so much it almost makes my job too easy. Being part of a team that works collaboratively to tackle daily challenges demonstrates to end clients that this truly is a team effort to help keep companies productive and profitable. I absolutely love my job! I believe genuinely in what we do here positively impacts America’s workforce. Winning!!!
Pros
Paid holidays/Weekends off/Good work/life balance
Cons
Uncontrolables
Great place to work if you like to work fast and nonstop
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2017
Not a good place to work for a very long time. Management is not good
I've heard people worked there for a very long time and they get fired for dumb reasons. You will never get a raise. And if you work here please be ready to do detailed cleaning everyday.
Nova has alot of unprofessional staff.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
No raise, corporate staff, unprofessional staff
You'll be sending out resumes after 2 weeks! Search elsewhere!
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 7, 2017
Unprofessional and disorganized. Management does not support their staff and the job environment is almost hostile. When employees are clocking each other in and out hours before and after shifts, and the physician that does the DOT and Workers Compensation exams curses constantly, that should tell you something. Constant patient complaints and the employees are always cutting corners and smoking out back where the homeless live. Within two weeks, I was sending out resumes again. Search elsewhere!
Career growth
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2017
This organization strongly believes in promoting from within. If you show initiative and drive you will be given opportunities to move up in the organization. Nova is an innovator and truly believes in a commitment to service to patients and stakeholders.
Pros
Career grotwth, friendly environment
Cons
Medical Benefits can be pricey
Dont come here
Employee (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 23, 2016
As a current employee- if youre looking for management who threatens and curses at you when you mess up, salary to live and support your family, raises, annual reviews, TERRIBLE insurance and a corporate office who thinks they know what goes on daily in your clinic while they sit pretty in Houston, then come here. Because that is EXACTLY what you will get. I could get more money working in fast food. Don't even think about asking for a raise because you will get turned down, or terminated. I've seen many MDs and Doctors of PT leave due to poor salary.

Do yourself a favor and go else where. Theres a reason they have recruiters who sell a fake happiness. Me and a coworker got less than what we discussed when we got offered our positions and they will NOT negotiate with you.

Don't even think about going back to school because you MUST work M-F 830-6pm - no exceptions and no accommodations. There is no incentive to stay here. There is no loyalty.

Run to your nearest Concentra and apply there.
Pros
A way out
Cons
Pay, poor insurance, unsupportive managers, no back up when short staffed
Great Place Growing Company
Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2017
Organization coming off of a tremendous growth spurt creates many opportunities for creative problem solving and infrastructure building. Company is in the process of building its foundation to allow for another round of aggressive growth. Management team is very knowledgeable about the industry space, trends, and innovation pipeline.
Pros
Opportunities for problem solving and creative solutions
Cons
Enterprise Communication is a work in progress
Love working here
MCM (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 22, 2016
|Great company to work for, the ability to promote internally is excellent. Our clinic feels like family. The only real con is the lack of pay raises yearly.
Pros
ability to promote, support from upper management
Cons
no raises
Don't get fooled by the niceness of interviewers
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  TxMarch 16, 2017
All managers gossip to one another about the drama going on in their clinic. If thy don't like you they'll find a way to get rid of you the "right way". They let the ones they like get away with anything and I mean ANYTHING. For example, you don't have to work all day and techs messing with patients. NOVA is full of DRAMA so stay away!
Pros
Patients
Cons
Good job to gain experience
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 3, 2016
I see a lot of negativity on the reviews for this company, a lot seem to be grudges against management. You have to be a professional and do your job, it's the circle of life. If you just do your job with a positive attitude and not spread negativity and rumors about your coworkers you'll be fine. There is surveillance but it's for safety of employees and patients, not to "spy" on you. You learn a ton that can be used for a better job. The benefits aren't good, hardly any PTO, no sick time or vacation time off. PTO is accrued so you have to use it as you get and the system that tracks your PTO never makes any since, you have to get approved for it and trust me you won't get approved. One hour lunch is really good, you'll probably sleep during it since the job is very tiring thanks to complaining patients and test candidates that treat you like dirt.
That's another con, patients and drug testers are really rude to you because of wait times or because they don't get pain med or test results.
You just have to be tough, if you get your feelings hurt easily this place is not for you.
Pros
Snacks/lunches from reps, one hour lunch
Cons
Benifits, no raises, patients
My team was awesome
Medical Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 24, 2016
This job is very demanding and stressful. Overall, I enjoyed my team, but that was not enough to make me want to stay. Their turnover rate is very high, and mostly everyone is over-worked and under paid. They hire people directly out of school which is awesome because it provides a great amount of training/knowledge that they can take else where and get more pay.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Low pay, no yearly raises, demanding hours
okay
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 20, 2017
The job it's self was not bad. Occupational testing. The Manager was really good. friendly staff. The work life balance was about average. The pay was lower than any other place around.
productive
PT Aide (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 21, 2016
a typical day of work consisted of PT sessions, pre employment physicals, maintenance check on equipment, sanitizing facility. I enjoyed working with the medical staff!
Pros
the physical therapists
Cons
management
Join a Growing Company
Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2016
Nova Medical Centers delivers exceptional occupational medical services to a broad array of corporate employers through its many network and payer relationships. The outcomes that are delivered to working men and women benefit our customers and patients and could only be achieved through the efforts of more than 600 dedicated employees located across 4 states and almost 4 dozen clinic locations. Nova’s clinic personnel including board certified medical doctors, mid-levels including physician assistants, licensed physical therapists, and other health professionals deliver care through Occuflex, our proprietary practice management and electronic health record system.

Nova’s growth offers many opportunities for our employees and our culture rewards hard work, initiative, creativity, problem solving and a focus on a positive patient and customer experience. If you enjoy working for a company focused on continuous improvement and want to make a positive improvement in the lives of the many patients we serve, please join me and my many colleagues here at Nova. You may look back at your time at Nova as some of the most memorable periods of your career.
Pros
Open culture, rewards work ethic, patient focused
Cons
Not enough time in the day to meet all our goals
Productive and a fun workplace environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 11, 2016
Working for Nova Medical Centers has been a great experience for me so far. I really enjoy coming to work everyday and I also enjoy the work that I do. I have a goal to move up in the company so I'm hoping that I'll be ready for that to happen soon. I work hard to make sure I can achieve that goal one day.
Productive, busy fast paced practice
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 2, 2017
Great staff, teamwork and communication is top priority for this facility which makes things run real smooth, various locations opened and when needed to relocate everyone is on the same page. Busy, fun environment which makes the day go much faster.
Pros
FREE LUNCHES, FREE TICKET EVENTS
Cons
LUNCH BREAKS DELAY TO NOT HAVING ONE AT ALL AT TIMES.
Great Company
Director of Information Technology (Current Employee) –  HoustonJune 14, 2016
I have been with Nova Medical Centers for over 6 years and counting. When I started the company it was relativity small, with only about 8 clinics, to this date we are at 47!

The company is amazing to work for and there is room for growth for those who want it and work hard for it.

It has been a great adventure growing as a person and employee with Nova, I see the bright future ahead and look forward to meeting the new faces that come to work for us everyday!
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2017
The company is a stable and good place to work. I had a lot of fun establishing accounting and finance procedures and policies, and have a supportive boss (the CFO) to guide me along the way. I also had supportive colleagues (the various department heads) that looked to me for financial advice, and we collaborated in various projects.
Great Company
Market Director of PT (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 21, 2016
Nova Medical is a great place to work where they truly invest in their employees to help develop them as a clinicians and as professionals. They promote and set the example on being active in the PT profession and always promoting current research to promote better outcomes with patients to restore full function. Nova allows great growth and development as a clinician as well as a leader in the PT community. Nova is a great place to work and feel like a family and that your voice as a PT and an employee will be heard and that it matters.
Extremely productive, professional and fun atmosphere
Medical Assistant/FOA/ Team Lead (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXApril 26, 2016
If looking for a place to learn and multitask and have fun at the same time Nova is the place to be. You will learn many facets of professionalism, and while learning on the job this is the place where we implement the highest level of patient care and great work ethics. While in management I know that in the future I will have the highest degree of work standards because of Nova. In management I have learned to work with different personalities and how to diffuse matters to maintain work professionalism. The most difficult part has been balancing personalities. But with the help of my co- workers and other management, we have learned to succeed in this matter positively. I love coming to work where we appreciate one another and respect one another. Its the most rewarding atmosphere to be in.
Pros
everthing
Cons
na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nova Medical Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Nova Medical Centers Reviews by Location