NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY

NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY Employer Reviews

Very stressful work environment
Public Safety - Communications Systems Operator (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 11, 2014
While I learned a lot from this department in terms of investigation and first responding, the work environment with leading staff was hostile and hard to work in.
productive and interesting,fun
Mental Health Technician II (Former Employee), Lauderhill, FLOctober 3, 2014
Pros: recreational events
Cons: great health, and education benefits.
Always interesting, learned how to get along in a diverse population, Great management and very compassionate caring coworkers, the most enjoyable part of the job was helping others to learn how to be a productive part of society.
ExamProductive, enjoy working with students which are pursuing their eduction.ple: Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Operations Administrator (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLOctober 2, 2014
Student's satisfiaction. I learned to enchance using computers software. I managed the operations of the Educational Center. Working with the team was an enjoyable day at work.
Productive, fun, fast paced workplace
SPECIALITY ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Davie, FLSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: teaching falicity, so always learning something new
Cons: not too much room for advancement, low pay
Assist in outpatient surgeries, patient care, exams, writing scripts, charting, booking appointments, follow up with patients, administer shots/injections, phlebotomy.
good atmosphere
Clinical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Davie, FLSeptember 24, 2014
good opportunity low pay/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay
A typical day at work consisted of logging into to the systems and quickly approving all payments in my queue. Reconciling payments and answering questions from the help desk. I learned a lot about the different IRS issues and how to handle them. Also unclaimed property and bank processes. My co-workers seem to be well educated and professional. They – more... work long hours. It seems a 40 hour work week is not enough. – less
Really loved working for Nova
Administrative support (Former Employee), Ft. Lauderdale, FLSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: difficult to advance.
Made good friends and enjoyed the work that I did. Was given more responsibilities to ease the work load of my supervisor. Learned a lot from my supervisor too.
Excellent Learning Experience
Assistant to the Assistant Dean (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 27, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: on call all hours
The job environment was poor and there was a lack of management in our department, but my experience at the Law Library at NSU gave me the opportunity to learn a variety of responsibilities. It was difficult and extremely stressful at the time, but I appreciated the confidence the management had in me to promote me to the most challenging role in the – more... department. I learned management skills, HR basics, payroll and finance, building operations and security, and I was responsible for updating and maintaining all employee confidential records. I interviewed and hired employees, managed student employees, and acted as the office manager to make sure operations were running smoothly in all sections of the department. – less
Trying to add research
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Davie, FLAugust 15, 2014
Pros: low pressure academic environment
Cons: lack of research infrastructure
NSU has primarily been a student-focused University. Recently, however, they have begun to build a new Center for Collaborative Research building and hiring faculty with a history of publishing new research.
Comfortable
Advancement (Current Employee), DavieAugust 3, 2014
Pros: lots of vacation time, and benefits are great.
Cons: low pay, and the university spending is out of hand.
GREAT Benefits and TONS of time off, however promotions are few and far between.

Many people get into the university system and stay forever.
The perfect job for a student
Clerical Assistant III (Former Employee), North Miami Beach, FLJuly 29, 2014
Pros: celebration of holidays
Cons: low pay
It was a very professional environment.
I would come to work open my emails, print the bills, track payments, respond to the employees calls.
There was coworkers from all parts of United States so the environment was relax
The most enjoyable part of the job was the office parties
Great student training center!
Mental Health Counselor Trainee (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 22, 2014
Pros: supervision
This is a great site to work in. They have a variety of clientele and great supervisors. Everyone is very friendly and always willing to help and answer questions.
GA
Graduate Assistant in Office of Financial Aid (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 21, 2014
Underpaid position to do all the work of the regular employees. No room for advancement or help with employment.
worked at the University Call Center
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee), Davie, FLJuly 9, 2014
Pros: chill enviornment
Cons: everyone in this position are not permanent and don't qualify for any benefits
Typical Day
Answer phones
Transfer calls
Phone calls reviewed for quality assurance

Worked with really cool ppl in my section but Nova doesn't pay its employees market rate pay. Departments don't communicate. I think it is either the employees who are unmotivated and are reluctant to do their jobs or the department that fails to properly train ppl – more... so they just don't know.

I doubt things will change. – less
Bad school
Professor (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale FloridaJune 30, 2014
Pros: benefits are great
Cons: many teachers that should not be teaching but they keep because they have to
They have a lot of technical issues and no one wants to fix them or try to make them better. Many of the teachers are just there to get paid and not to help the students. Each class cost three thousand dollars and the teachers just read the book word for word. No room for advancement and there is no accountability.
Bad
Newspaper Editor (Former Employee), Davie, FLJune 25, 2014
The management was horrible and didnt allow for growth. They were very much about cutting costs.
great workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Davie, FLJune 20, 2014
Pros: great cafetria not far from office, nice people, professional environmment
Cons: let go because my sister worked in the same office
loved the office environment here, but didn't get a chance to develope more.
Great Learning experience
Sports Editor/ Writer/ Photographer (Former Employee), Nova Southeastern UniversityJune 17, 2014
Pros: getting plenty of experience the field of journalism and media.
Cons: not having enough writers for the section.
The editors of all the sections would have weekly meeting to discuss upcoming articles and topics for the next issue of the newspaper. We would assign stories to writers or take on the topic ourselves as editors. Writing stories included performing interviews and doing research to get all the best possible information for the story. After stories are – more... handed in, the editor of the section in which the story will be place will go over it making changes and correction they feel are needed. Then the story is handed up the ladder to the editor and chief, who will make any other needed corrections before sending it to the designers to be placed in the layout of the newspaper. – less
Productive workplace
Administrative assistant (Former Employee), FloridaJune 5, 2014
Good work life balance with transparency and high integrity
One of the best school in south florida
Administrative Student Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 2, 2014
Pros: top professor
Cons: expensive
very good school, ranked top 3 in south florida. A lot of resources, support, and work ethics.

1 2 3 4 5

About NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY

Nova Southeastern University (NSU) gives a whole new meaning to "school of sharks." NSU, whose mascot is the deep sea predator, – Read more