Nova Southeastern University Employee Reviews

Good part time work
Field Associate (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 15, 2017
Enjoyed working and engaging with students. Was a very rewarding and fun job while it lasted. Weekend work is never fun but it definitely added a good experience to my resume.
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 13, 2017
Only worked there part time at the computer lab but everyone that I came across were so nice and helpful. I love the atmosphere. Overall great experience.
Great company
Security Administrator Intern (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLOctober 26, 2017
My department was very supportive of its employees with the balance of work and personal life. The management and fellow coworkers were some of the best I have had the chance to work with.
excellent
/Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 23, 2017
I was able to work with students that were very intelligent and were eager to go into the nursing field. I learned many things in simulation, new technologies, worked with excellent colleagues.
Pros
the students, colleagues, good salary
Cons
no paid time off
Private University
Technology Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLOctober 22, 2017
The pay is minimal. The employees aren't drug tested. The employees do and say whatever they want to do because they don't think there will be any repercussions. At least once per week, sexist or racist generalizations were verbally made by the same employees. The students are abusive to the staff. The hours are not flexible just dictated. Hard work isn't appreciated. Many employees abuse vacation and sick days. Pay raises are rare. Most of the employees don't know they're easily replaceable. It generally feels like a pyramid scam.
Pros
Surveillance
My boss was great
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLOctober 20, 2017
My boss was great and very easy to work with. I truly felt the staff had a great concern and willingness to help the students and seek their best interest.
fun place to work
Unemployed (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 19, 2017
management were very flexible with time off. the hardest part of the job is that I was by myself with no help. the most enjoyable part was with the understanding of other managers with in Nova Southeastern University.
Pros
My boss was very indestanding
Cons
not enough money for the position required
Great university
Child Psychology for Pre- school teachers (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLOctober 18, 2017
Great place to work. The students were always motivated and the staff was great. Management was fair and helpful. I had to relocate so I left the school.
Student Life
Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 17, 2017
Great school to attend. I interned for a while and enjoyed the exposure to other students in different fields. A bit costly, but we will see how it can pay off.
Great place to work to start your career
Mailman Segal Center of Human Development (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 10, 2017
If you are looking to work in the field of education, the university is a great place to start. The university offers great benefits and a wonderful learning environment.
Pros
Flexibility
Career Development Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 29, 2017
I enjoy working at NSU because the staff is very kind and help with anything you need even if it is not work related. It is a place where you can build relationships to help you succeed in your career.
Pros
friendly, free food
Cons
pay
Not good
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 26, 2017
No comment the work is kind of suck thru a lot of resist people working in the area of dental and they dont like black people and hispanic people experiense for your selfs
Good
Faculty, Research Associate (Former Employee) –  USASeptember 22, 2017
NSU is classified as a high research and community engaged university by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The university is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
fun
Admission Counselor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 18, 2017
working was the best days getting to know all the students you enrolled then seeing them graduated makes you feel like you motivated someone to continue their education.
Pros
free tution
Cons
slow days
Corporate Mindset
Admissions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 17, 2017
You are treated like a robot; eliciting emotions is frowned upon. They have a high turnover rate. There is minimal training for extensive job duties. You basically learn as you go. The employee evaluations are unfairly rated. Even if you do not agree, you are forced to sign.
Nice Workplace
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Not a stressful job to work at
Nice staff
The management was adequate
The hardest part of the job was the schedule because it would change constantly
Nice experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 30, 2017
Good opportunit

Working in the international students office is very pleasant since you can help students immigration status. The office is quiet but sometimes can become very crowded.
Rewarding job but unrealistic expectations
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 29, 2017
Hectic

Focus on what you enjoy about the job..
Hardest part of job is keeping up with numerous policy/procedure changes..

Interacting with students and assisting them in meeting goals.
Benefits
Cons
Salary Increase potential low
Nice culture
Administrative Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 26, 2017
The energy around NOVA is great. Everyone is friendly and willing to help in your transition to the job. Work load might be heavy depending on the department.
Benefits
Cons
Workload and training
I would return to work at NSU
Assistant Director of undergraduate Admissions (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 26, 2017
I believe this employer has potential to be outstanding, but I think managers should make some what of an effort to get to know their employers rather than just using a blanketed approach to all situations. (Offer more support to employers who are full time students)