NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Relaxed but productive workplace
Contact Lens Coordinator (Current Employee), Davie, FloridaAugust 25, 2015
Nova is a wonderful place to work. The job/life balance is almost unbeatable. My position is fast-paced and can be overwhelming to those who prefer a slower job pace. My co-workers have become family, and the management is awesome.
Positive Experience
Physician Assistant Student (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLAugust 24, 2015
Fantastic experience at a great school. Teachers really care about their students success and were very helpful. Very in depth and thorough curriculum taught by variety of experienced professionals.
Good Student Job
Graduate Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Davie, FlAugust 13, 2015
Check with supervisor for daily task. Help financial aid counselor. The environment is great. Your schedule is very flexible. I enjoyed the staff and the free food.
Excellent workplace
Faculty Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Supportive management
Nova Southeastern university has professional work environment with supportive supervisor staff. Nova is an employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. They recognize the value of diversity in every aspect of the workplace. In Nova learned useful skills useful for my professional life in the conflict Resolution field.
Serious work environment
Event Staff (Former Employee), Plantation, FLJuly 30, 2015
Company cares for employees, and offers room to grow if your field of study correlates to your current duties. Employees are given task based on their their basic knowledge and are encouraged to take on more if able to handle
Best dead end job, EVER!
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Stable job. Culture is pleasant.
Cons: Your paycheck will depress you, it takes about 4 days to recover, No room for growth or advancement. Forget about being promoted.
100% free tuition at the undergraduate level. TAKE ADVANTAGE of the opportunity!
Communication within departments & across campus is poor.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Fort lauderdale , FloridaJuly 15, 2015
I am glad to work with the professor at Nova Southeastern University. It is a great place to work and love to start working at research assistant position at Nova Southeastern University.
Great first experience
Budget Assistant (Former Employee), Davie, FLJuly 7, 2015
Typical day involved general office duties, helping the budget director. I learned how to maintain professionalism in an office environment.
Great place to work. Feels like family
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), OrlandoJuly 4, 2015
Great place to work. Feels like family. Everyone there makes you feel comfortable to work there. The hardest part of the job was leaving.
Work Overload
Financial Aid (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 26, 2015
Pros: Tuition waiver, paid time-off, and healthcare benefits
Cons: Top heavy management, heavy workload, and stressful environment
A typical day is busy filled with numerous overwhelming tasks. Not only are you trying to keep up with your work, but you also doing mandatory departmental assignments AND of course still keep up with your assigned duties. I learned that there hasn't been a raise for three years in my department and it probably won't happy this year. I also learned that Non-exempt workers (salary based) are not allowed to do overtime; therefore, you will not be paid after 5:00pm nor for weekend shifts. Based on my observation, policies and procedures seem to apply to some people and not others. Management is top heavy, filled with a lot of favoritism, and enforce rules on certain employees. The hardest part of my job is everyday. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping students.

No, I am not a disgruntle worker, but I feel NSU takes advantage of their employees like every other corporation-want you to work hard, above and beyond, but fails to ensure certain employees are fairly compensated and receive increases. Meanwhile, NSU bid wigs are building multi-million dollar facilities while we (current underpaid employees) are being told about budget cuts.

P.S. Everyone is entitled to their opinions based on their experience. My perception is my reality. You may not feel the same way, but we can agree to disagree.
productive and fun work environment
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Davie, FLJune 22, 2015
Great place to work. It was a great learning experience. Had to move back to Tallahassee because of personal family issues.
PROFESIONALISM
Enrollment Coordinator (Former Employee), JACKSONVILLE, FLJune 19, 2015
Pros: I WAS ABLE TO GROW PROFFECIONALLY AND IMPROVE KNOWLEDGE
AT NSU WORK WAS ALWAYS BUSY. EITHER I WAS ANSWERING CALLS OR UPDATING STUDENT INFORMATION OR INFORMING STUDENTS OF UPCOMING EVENTS THROUGH NEWSLETTERS AND EVEN BOOKING ROOMS FOR CLASSES AND OTHER EVENTS.
THIS WAS MY FIRST REAL JOB IN THE PROFESSIONAL ENVIRONMENT. I LEARN TO BE PUNCTUAL, PROFESSIONAL, DILIGENT, BE ABLE TO LEARN FROM OTHERS, LEARN HOW TO COMMUNICATE WITH OTHERS, PROVIDE EXCELLENT SERVICE TO STAFF, STUDENTS AND PROSPECTS.
SCHEDULING WAS THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB SINCE THERE ARE ALWAYS CHANGES AND ALWAYS TRYING TO ACCOMMODATE THE PERSON OR GROUP TO THE BEST ROOMS WE COULD PROVIDE.
Nice place to work
Patient Care Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 19, 2015
Very nice place to work if you were as student. The pay was below average and because of that the environment was a bit relaxed. The students were great in addition to the Deans who were mostly retired.
Depends on department culture
Assistant to Director of Finance & Administration (Current Employee), Davie, FLJune 17, 2015
Pros: Tuition Waivers
At my current position I work in a departments and for a boss who is more interested in having happy employees. I am able to take ownership of my position and implement changes. This was not the case at my previous position at NSU. I think it depends on the department you work in.
Environment
HR Representative (Current Employee), North Miami Beach, FLJune 9, 2015
Fun environment to work for.
Great benefits
Opportunity to growth

Enjoy helping employees with there needs and learning for the experience
A very unorganized organization
DIRECTOR OF ACADEMIC SUPPORT SERVICES (Former Employee), onlineJune 5, 2015
Pros: Education
Cons: healthcare package
Although I enjoyed my job, upper management is very disloyal to it's loyal employees.

There is very little communication and employee morale is at the lowest I've seen it in almost 20 years.
Medical Collector (Former Employee), Davie, FLJune 1, 2015
Pros: lunches and flex time
Cons: Our wonderful supervisor took another position
Worked on Medicare claim denials. Had a great supervisor and co-workers, We were not overly micro-managed, everyone had their job to do and at the end of the day, all our jobs were completed.
Productive and Fun
Group Exercise Instructor (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 24, 2015
You see a variety of people who are interested in what one has to offer. They are there to better their health life as well as destress from a long work day.
Productive Fast Pace And Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 23, 2015
Typical Day At Work Great Co- Workers And Great Customers Comfortable And Fun Work Place. The Managers And Staff Are Very Friendly Everyone Knows Everyone It's Like A Big Family
A great place to learn
Ph.D. Student (Current Employee), Davie, FLMay 11, 2015
This is a superb university providing a demanding quality education that will prepare you for the future. Instructors are knowledgeable, professional, and available to assist student in their academic pursuits.