Nova Southeastern University Employee Reviews

Very friendly place to work
Wellness Coordinator of Recreation and Wellness (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 25, 2017
Very friendly place to work with co-workers that know a lot about the field. With a great leadership and teamwork, Nova Southeastern is a great place to work.
Great
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 22, 2017
NSU is a great place to work. My manager was fantastic. The benefits are pretty good. Health insurance is expensive. Otherwise, a great place to work.
Productive work place
Front office staff, Goodwin dormitory (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 18, 2017
Front office staff at the Leo Goodwin Freshman dormitory is a great place for a college student to hone in on customer service skills while also making sure academia is a priority.
My Experience at NSU
Program Professor (Current Employee) –  N Miami Beach, FLMay 6, 2017
Opportunity to work with several Departments and Administrators. Supervisors are flexible, supported, willing to assist. Love to work with students and assist them with their academic issues. No all call are alike, so one has to be prepare for the unexpected. Help to stay up to date with information. Always learning!
Great School
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 3, 2017
NSU is a great school to work for and they have great benefits as well. I worked there for a year and a half. I learned a lot about behavior management.
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 2, 2017
Worked as a medical assistant. At that time management was "all over the place" and there was no room for growth. The pay was below what previous employers offered but I was there while completing my education at the university.
Daily Duties At NSU
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  North Miami, FLApril 26, 2017
A day at work consist of assisting patients daily with arranging their appointments. Also assisting the physicians with coding and making sure we bill the correct procedures to corresponding insurance companies we are contracted with.
Pros
Health benefits, Schooling, Medical Experience.
Cons
Salary, No room to Elevate.
Great place to work if you have family interests.
Grant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 26, 2017
Lovely campus, great benefits,family friendly, appreciated educated employees. The salaries could be higher to compete with Miami based academic facilities, but overall great culture.
Cons
Salary a little lower than Miami area.
It is still a School
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 22, 2017
It pushes you to be the best employer you can be. It has a diverse population in terms of patients and colleagues you work with. It is a friendly environment.
Great University with Good people
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 21, 2017
I have learned several things in my tenure here at NSU. The hardest part of the job is the advancement opportunities within your department, but the best part is the fact that the University is so big that there are opportunities everywhere. Great, friendly environment.
Choose wisely
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  NmbApril 15, 2017
Promises. Promises.
Extremely political environment.
Dental, especially North Miami Beach, have UNqualified employees leading that department that should not be.
Upper management has blinders on.
Cons
Poor salary
Good place to work if you want to pursue work in a professional atmosphere
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLApril 12, 2017
A typical day at Nova Southeastern University Lower School is all about routine. Once you get the gist of what to do it's just a matter of doing it again the next day. This can be good or bad depending on your preferences. I learned that I was not ready to pursue a career in teaching so it's not something that suited me. The hardest part of the job for me was that working in a school at such a young age causes a lot of your co-workers as well as parents of the children to treat you condescendingly. Starting work there straight out of high school felt like an accomplishment, but little time passed until everyone else made me feel like an outsider. It felt like everyone there had it all figured out, while I was just there to learn new skills, grow, and see where life takes me. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely getting to work with some amazing, intelligent, and creative kids. They really make you feel like you make a difference. They don't judge you for your age, because it's not a concept that they think about.
Pros
benefits, free lunches
Cons
it's not for everyone
Good place to work going through a lot of changes
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  3301 College AveApril 3, 2017
I don't suggest working in admissions office if you don't want to work off commission or metrics.
The community of the university as a whole is good.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay
yeah no
Facilities maintenance supervisor (Current Employee) –  somewhereApril 1, 2017
I wasn't the first they made promises too..... oh yes we will make sure and yes you will get......
I left a job making 110,000 a year with a promise of an equivalent salary.
they use this to get you in..... nobody gets what they offer
once you are here...... we are sorry but...
and No raises have been given for 5 years
..... we have free education..... yeah no. you will pay more in books than a midwestern student pays in a year.... Run Far and fast.....I am!
Pros
Cons
they are liars
Great atmosphere to work in!
Program Assistant of Operations (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 28, 2017
I enjoyed my time both as a student employee and para-professional at NSU. Both work environments were fun and each work day was filled with something new.
Outstanding company specially for students
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 25, 2017
Learn that is always necessary to communicate in the line of command. The hardest part of the job was to keep the volume down, since work in a small call center can be challenging.
Pros
Help on tuition
Cons
Fees
enjoyable
PA Announcer/Arena Technical Operations (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 23, 2017
Public Address Announcing for sporting events - volleyball, soccer, men's and women's basketball, softball, baseball, tennis, track and field for 5 years.
Exposed to lots of new technologies
Network Administrator and Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 20, 2017
As a student worker, the Network Lab exposed you to new technologies which were challenging to learn. If you weren't exposed to Linux, you'd get a crash course in the OS. Also gave you the ability to provide real assistance to the faculty when needed which may immediately benefit the student body including yourself since you get to use the implementations you made. Only real problem was there was always a conflict with management of the lab vs. the school itself.
Review & maintain applications w/academic counselors for admittance
Admissions Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 18, 2017
Working in the HPD admissions office is a great experience. You get to meet lots of new people. The work staff get along with each other and work as a team. There is a lot of work but it is still rewarding to make a difference in applicants lives as they get their acceptance into the program they have worked hard to get into so that they can train in their desired profession.
Once a great place to work
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 13, 2017
At one time it was a great place to work and then new management brought morale down for a while.

The tuition reimbursement was excellent and was reduced by new management.

The 403b had a 10% match which was very nice.

Not sure how it is now.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nova Southeastern University. Our community is ready to answer.