NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY

NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Work Overload
Financial Aid (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 26, 2015
Pros: Tuition waiver, paid time-off, and healthcare benefits
Cons: Top heavy management, heavy workload, and stressful environment
A typical day is busy filled with numerous overwhelming tasks. Not only are you trying to keep up with your work, but you also doing mandatory departmental assignments AND of course still keep up with your assigned duties. I learned that there hasn't been a raise for three years in my department and it probably won't happy this year. I also learned that Non-exempt workers (salary based) are not allowed to do overtime; therefore, you will not be paid after 5:00pm nor for weekend shifts. Based on my observation, policies and procedures seem to apply to some people and not others. Management is top heavy, filled with a lot of favoritism, and enforce rules on certain employees. The hardest part of my job is everyday. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping students.

No, I am not a disgruntle worker, but I feel NSU takes advantage of their employees like every other corporation-want you to work hard, above and beyond, but fails to ensure certain employees are fairly compensated and receive increases. Meanwhile, NSU bid wigs are building multi-million dollar facilities while we (current underpaid employees) are being told about budget cuts.

P.S. Everyone is entitled to their opinions based on their experience. My perception is my reality. You may not feel the same way, but we can agree to disagree.
productive and fun work environment
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Davie, FLJune 22, 2015
Great place to work. It was a great learning experience. Had to move back to Tallahassee because of personal family issues.
PROFESIONALISM
Enrollment Coordinator (Former Employee), JACKSONVILLE, FLJune 19, 2015
Pros: I WAS ABLE TO GROW PROFFECIONALLY AND IMPROVE KNOWLEDGE
AT NSU WORK WAS ALWAYS BUSY. EITHER I WAS ANSWERING CALLS OR UPDATING STUDENT INFORMATION OR INFORMING STUDENTS OF UPCOMING EVENTS THROUGH NEWSLETTERS AND EVEN BOOKING ROOMS FOR CLASSES AND OTHER EVENTS.
THIS WAS MY FIRST REAL JOB IN THE PROFESSIONAL ENVIRONMENT. I LEARN TO BE PUNCTUAL, PROFESSIONAL, DILIGENT, BE ABLE TO LEARN FROM OTHERS, LEARN HOW TO COMMUNICATE WITH OTHERS, PROVIDE EXCELLENT SERVICE TO STAFF, STUDENTS AND PROSPECTS.
SCHEDULING WAS THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB SINCE THERE ARE ALWAYS CHANGES AND ALWAYS TRYING TO ACCOMMODATE THE PERSON OR GROUP TO THE BEST ROOMS WE COULD PROVIDE.
Nice place to work
Patient Care Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 19, 2015
Very nice place to work if you were as student. The pay was below average and because of that the environment was a bit relaxed. The students were great in addition to the Deans who were mostly retired.
Depends on department culture
Assistant to Director of Finance & Administration (Current Employee), Davie, FLJune 17, 2015
Pros: Tuition Waivers
At my current position I work in a departments and for a boss who is more interested in having happy employees. I am able to take ownership of my position and implement changes. This was not the case at my previous position at NSU. I think it depends on the department you work in.
Environment
HR Representative (Current Employee), North Miami Beach, FLJune 9, 2015
Fun environment to work for.
Great benefits
Opportunity to growth

Enjoy helping employees with there needs and learning for the experience
A very unorganized organization
DIRECTOR OF ACADEMIC SUPPORT SERVICES (Former Employee), onlineJune 5, 2015
Pros: Education
Cons: healthcare package
Although I enjoyed my job, upper management is very disloyal to it's loyal employees.

There is very little communication and employee morale is at the lowest I've seen it in almost 20 years.
Medical Collector (Former Employee), Davie, FLJune 1, 2015
Pros: lunches and flex time
Cons: Our wonderful supervisor took another position
Worked on Medicare claim denials. Had a great supervisor and co-workers, We were not overly micro-managed, everyone had their job to do and at the end of the day, all our jobs were completed.
Productive and Fun
Group Exercise Instructor (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 24, 2015
You see a variety of people who are interested in what one has to offer. They are there to better their health life as well as destress from a long work day.
Productive Fast Pace And Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 23, 2015
Typical Day At Work Great Co- Workers And Great Customers Comfortable And Fun Work Place. The Managers And Staff Are Very Friendly Everyone Knows Everyone It's Like A Big Family
A great place to learn
Ph.D. Student (Current Employee), Davie, FLMay 11, 2015
This is a superb university providing a demanding quality education that will prepare you for the future. Instructors are knowledgeable, professional, and available to assist student in their academic pursuits.
Horrid School
Professor (Current Employee), FLMay 7, 2015
Pros: Good retirement plan
The division I working is merely an old boys network

the expertise of the faculty is generally lacking There management from the top usually not knowing what they're doing decisions are arbitrary
no room for excellence
No support for excellence just maintain mediocre status terrible place to work or study
Pay does not match the risks.job for a highschool student
Service Specialist (Current Employee), Davie, FLMay 4, 2015
Pros: mon-fri 8-5
Cons: can't afford benefits nor pay bills
I work for IST, a company without passion. We handle packages that are worth lots of money and are also time sensitive. You can say we are Nova's post office, literally that's what we are. We have to jump when Nova says jump. We get paid exactly minimum wage for what we do. It's not worth it. The company does not care about us. We've asked for raises and no one has helped us.
This company provided an amazing environment for growth
Network Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 24, 2015
NOVA allowed me to learn about switches and routers, networking, and all the hands on tools that I needed. The staff was amazing and all driven with passion. Many of the managers had years of experience and overall it was truly a joy working with them.
Work Study
Lab Monitor- Office of Information Technology (Former Employee), Davie, FLApril 16, 2015
Pros: Working on a campus you attend, multiple locations
Cons: Short breaks, limited benefits
There are opportunities to learn and grown within the company. The hours are short, and there is always work to be done. The job requires you to be attentive and always have a willingness to help students, so a positive attitude is a must.
Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Davie, FloridaApril 8, 2015
This position allowed the flexibility to promote student life within academic advising. I was able to collaborate with multiple divisions to promote active learning.
The best dead end
Assistant Circulation manager (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 30, 2015
Pros: stable
Cons: no upward movement
The job isn't bad but don't come here if you are looking for a place to advance in. they would rather hire from the outside then promote from within.
Advisor/student
Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Great team of professionals
Cons: None
As an Academic Advisor, I enjoyed providing academic advising to beginning and returning students in areas of program course selection. and to served as initial student contact for academic and college-related issues, including student action forms, grievances, and appeals. Assisted students in completing student action forms and making recommendations.

Combining work and studies in one place was a perfect balance for me to be successful. As an academic advisor, I was able to relate to my students because I was one of them as well. I truly enjoyed my time working here, it is a truly great environment to be in.
Worst Company I have worked for
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee), DavieMarch 22, 2015
Pros: Decent pay
Cons: Management/Directors are bullies
Micro Management is the them for this department. Work there at your own risk. Also there is no advancement at all and a high turn over rate.
Customer Service Representative
enrollment services (Current Employee), davieMarch 20, 2015
Pros: no micro manage
Cons: lack of communication from management, low pay and advancement rare
I believe the company overall has opportunity for growth. I am a student and employee and I see both sides. The pay, however, is really bad. Individuals are not compensated for their experiences, knowledge, and capabilites. This leaves current employees bitter and unmotivated to perform their jobs. Also, many employees have been in the same position and have failed continuously at advancing to better opportunities. Employee morale is low and so is absenteeism. There are many employees who have given up on the position and it is sad because it is displayed in their work performance. I believe Nova should invest in their assets (employees) who are underpaid and overworked.

1 2 3 4 5

About NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY

Nova Southeastern University (NSU) gives a whole new meaning to "school of sharks." NSU, whose mascot is the deep sea predator, – Read more

NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY Salaries