Nova Southeastern University

Nova Southeastern University Employee Reviews in United States

I took care of four or five servers hosing vSphere
Virtualization and Networking Lab Director (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 12, 2016
Odd hours, student position, on-call work. It provided a lot of experience for what I considered the typical system administrator experience.
Pros
learned about my field
Cons
low pay, high demands
Very nice Institution
Clerical IV, Team Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 24, 2016
Wonderful Institution to work for. Great benefits and wonderful people to work with. Great opportunity for advancement. Awesome place of work.
Horrible Place
Finance Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 6, 2016
it started as a positive note and quickly grew disgusting. Management just turn their heads to what is really going on within the department. I was lied too, bullied and threaten. What applies to one employee does not apply to all. They will overload you with work
and breaks are not allowed, oh you can stand at your work station but DO NOT walk the parking lot for 10 minutes big NO NO!
This was a joke of a job, the free bagels on Friday was supposed to make up for all the misery. No thank you!
Pros
Health benefits & Hours
Cons
everything else
NSU Housing Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 26, 2016
I learned how to manage my time between school, sports commitments, and working. I learned how to effectively communicate with employers and fellow employees.
Great If You Are A Student Too
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 16, 2016
NSU is a great place to work if you plan on being a student for many years with no goal of advancing within the institution. Job security exists if you have been grandfathered in.
Student Worker
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 22, 2016
Being a student worker at NSU was a very rewarding experience. It was very convenient to be able to work in the same building where I was taking my classes.
Good company to work for
Exec Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLApril 19, 2016
I have been with Nova for over 10+yrs, they are a good company to work for if you want longevity and job security. They do lack on the pay scale and for the last few years our yearly raises have not been on time as in the past. They base raises off of student enrollment so you may get a raise just not every year. There tends to be a lackadaisical attitude that gets developed while working here because it's not a high pressure/high stress work environment. The great thing is that you get lots of time off for family. Vacation days, 1sick day a month, and 3personal days a year not to mention they close the University for a week during the Christmas holiday. This comes in handy especially when you have young children.
Pros
Vacation, sick & 3 personal days a year
Cons
high deductibles on health ins, low on pay
Great Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 16, 2016
Nova Southeastern University has a great work environment and a great staff. You feel welcome, and they are very friendly.
Pros
Health benefits, 401k, friendly staff
Cons
Sitting all day
Great Balance
HPD Patient Representative I (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 15, 2016
Great work life balance with fantastic benefits. Salary is comparative to other positions. But the best part is the ability to return to school
Diversity Rules
Patient Access Representative - Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Davie, FL 33328March 9, 2016
I truly appreciate Nova overall. They are great people, in a great environment with amazing opportunities. Recommended to all who looks for diversity in a work place.
Appreciate the opportunity. Time to move on.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Davie, FL 33314March 7, 2016
The typical work day varied depending on what time of the year. I have learned to work in an environment where multiple things are going on at the same time. I feel that management could be better organized and, attentive to the needs of the employee's need to get the job dome efficiently. My co-workers on my level are great to work with. The hardest part of the job was having to many people wanting to be in charge and,the constant unnecessary tension. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the students.
Pros
free education
Cons
extremely low pay
Loved Working for NSU
Enrollment Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 1, 2016
I loved everything about NSU, It was a career of forever learning and teaching. I was constantly busy but never overwhelmed. I had a great crew, they always worked hard no matter how much work we had. I loved to give them my support when possible by sitting along side the crew helping them scan or Data entry during our busy time of enrollment Benefits were great and as an overall company I would love to work for them again.
Pros
Everything company was great.
Cons
Changed standard requirement to have a degree preventing being rehired.
n.a
Water Safety Instructor (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLFebruary 18, 2016
Loved working here very open and accepting. the most enjoyable part was the people i made connections with and how much they've influenced my life in the present.
Good work-life balance and benefits
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 16, 2016
It is a good company to work for as far as work-life balance and benefits. Management can be good or bad depending on what department you work. Salary compensation is below market average.
Great place to maximize on the work life balance.
Financial Information Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLFebruary 12, 2016
Great place to maximize on the work life balance in terms of your time, however your exposure to new technology is limited.
Rewarding and useful
Faculty Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 30, 2016
It was very rewarding to work for professors and leanr about editing, writing, and research. I worked on my own, sending my work to the professors I worked with from time to time, then including the corrections they suggested.
Great place for growing and developing as a leader
Cross Country/Track and Field Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 28, 2016
This has been a wonderful institution of higher-learning to grow and develop as a leader. I have been with this company for over two years and the administration gives my department the resources, energy and motivation to succeed.
Pros
Great co-workers, friendly environment
Light work and Great Benefits
Technology Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 24, 2016
The job is great, you learn as you go. You get to build your networking and you get time to study for certifications. It pays for class and management are lay back as long as labs assignment are completed. The hardest part of the job is getting train and projects because it's time consuming.
Pros
Flexible, pays for certifications and School
Cons
Low Salary, and low technology
about Nova front desk
Front Desk Staff (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 23, 2016
There was great communication skill amount the employee and employers. The schedule is very flexible, and you have the opportunity to pick your won shift.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
last notice
First career in a professional work environment
Medical Records Custodian (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJanuary 19, 2016
NSU was an excellent opportunity for me to grow as a person as it offered a outstanding working experience. In my years at Nova I met so many great individuals that inspired me to think big and go hard in life. Also, with benefits such as tuition assistance makes it a no-brainer in pursuing an education at their prestigious University. Overall, I couldn't have picked a better place to work after graduating high school as they provided me with the knowledge, discipline, and experience to take life by the horns!
Pros
Challenging professional work environment, access to top of the line learning facility, working alongside physicians, students, attorneys, and a great customer service staff
Cons
Commute

Nova Southeastern University Reviews by Location