Nova Southeastern University Employee Reviews

Nsu
Central Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLJune 14, 2017
I enjoyed working with various departments. Position advancements and opportunities were good. I like that I had the opportunity to work and complete my degrees at the same time. Co-workers, Faculty and students were a treat to work with, as well as, supportive throughout the time I was employed.
Pros
Education and advancement
Cons
short lunch breaks
professional
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  microbiology labJune 12, 2017
worked as a lab assistant. very easy going, student job. The school is very open and relaxed. I would recommend getting a student job while enrolled at the school.
Love my former boss
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 6, 2017
It was a temporarily position as a grad student, I worked with the VA students. I had learned so much in financial aid, VA benefits and handled students accounts.
Excited
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLJune 6, 2017
This workplace was always fun, see different peoples all the long...
I worked with some great people made new friends that felt like family.
The only problem was it came to an end... But I enjoyed learning so much.
Over all good opportunity
Coordinator of Executive Events and Planning (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 5, 2017
Happy with what they offered . I hope to be able to get another opportunity to work at the University again. I was given opportunitues and plenty of encouragement.
great
Proposal Coordinator/Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314June 5, 2017
Very good place to work. Especially this is good if you are also going to school because they compensate your tuition and fees. People are very nice. I like working with them.
Excellent place to work
Visual Architect (contractor) (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 4, 2017
Nova Southeastern University's OIIT department is connecting all colleges to a new and improved digital infrastructure that I contributed to. The designers, developers and user acceptability testers were on their game. It was a pleasure to work here.
Very friendly place to work
Wellness Coordinator of Recreation and Wellness (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 25, 2017
Very friendly place to work with co-workers that know a lot about the field. With a great leadership and teamwork, Nova Southeastern is a great place to work.
Great
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 22, 2017
NSU is a great place to work. My manager was fantastic. The benefits are pretty good. Health insurance is expensive. Otherwise, a great place to work.
Productive work place
Front office staff, Goodwin dormitory (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 18, 2017
Front office staff at the Leo Goodwin Freshman dormitory is a great place for a college student to hone in on customer service skills while also making sure academia is a priority.
My Experience at NSU
Program Professor (Current Employee) –  N Miami Beach, FLMay 6, 2017
Opportunity to work with several Departments and Administrators. Supervisors are flexible, supported, willing to assist. Love to work with students and assist them with their academic issues. No all call are alike, so one has to be prepare for the unexpected. Help to stay up to date with information. Always learning!
always a pleaseure
Client Records Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 5, 2017
overall working at Nova was a very good experience. the people were extremely nice and helpful and also supportive of the things i did. tipsy day could be a little stressful with the work load but they always made up with free food and events that would go on, on a daily basis.
Cons
pay
Great School
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 3, 2017
NSU is a great school to work for and they have great benefits as well. I worked there for a year and a half. I learned a lot about behavior management.
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 2, 2017
Worked as a medical assistant. At that time management was "all over the place" and there was no room for growth. The pay was below what previous employers offered but I was there while completing my education at the university.
Daily Duties At NSU
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  North Miami, FLApril 26, 2017
A day at work consist of assisting patients daily with arranging their appointments. Also assisting the physicians with coding and making sure we bill the correct procedures to corresponding insurance companies we are contracted with.
Pros
Health benefits, Schooling, Medical Experience.
Cons
Salary, No room to Elevate.
Great place to work if you have family interests.
Grant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 26, 2017
Lovely campus, great benefits,family friendly, appreciated educated employees. The salaries could be higher to compete with Miami based academic facilities, but overall great culture.
Cons
Salary a little lower than Miami area.
It is still a School
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 22, 2017
It pushes you to be the best employer you can be. It has a diverse population in terms of patients and colleagues you work with. It is a friendly environment.
Great University with Good people
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 21, 2017
I have learned several things in my tenure here at NSU. The hardest part of the job is the advancement opportunities within your department, but the best part is the fact that the University is so big that there are opportunities everywhere. Great, friendly environment.
Choose wisely
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  NmbApril 15, 2017
Promises. Promises.
Extremely political environment.
Dental, especially North Miami Beach, have UNqualified employees leading that department that should not be.
Upper management has blinders on.
Cons
Poor salary
Good place to work if you want to pursue work in a professional atmosphere
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLApril 12, 2017
A typical day at Nova Southeastern University Lower School is all about routine. Once you get the gist of what to do it's just a matter of doing it again the next day. This can be good or bad depending on your preferences. I learned that I was not ready to pursue a career in teaching so it's not something that suited me. The hardest part of the job for me was that working in a school at such a young age causes a lot of your co-workers as well as parents of the children to treat you condescendingly. Starting work there straight out of high school felt like an accomplishment, but little time passed until everyone else made me feel like an outsider. It felt like everyone there had it all figured out, while I was just there to learn new skills, grow, and see where life takes me. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely getting to work with some amazing, intelligent, and creative kids. They really make you feel like you make a difference. They don't judge you for your age, because it's not a concept that they think about.
Pros
benefits, free lunches
Cons
it's not for everyone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nova Southeastern University. Our community is ready to answer.