Nova Southeastern University

Nova Southeastern University Employee Reviews

Enjoyable
Enrollment Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 20, 2017
managed a large staff of 12 from various areas who worked great as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing who stood out as leaders. The hardest part of the job was not being able to do anything but oversee what they were doing.
Pros
working with people with different skills
Cons
the 72 mile drive from my home to work daily
Rewarding
Library aquiisitions (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLFebruary 20, 2017
I am a retired senior citizen who would like to work part time. I am very reliable and punctual. I loved my job. Working behind the scene ordering books and communicating with vendors while keeping account records and managing work study students.
Pros
Communication with professors.
Excellent World Class University
Technology Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLFebruary 13, 2017
Working for Nova Southeastern University has been a great experience. From supporting Students, Faculty and Staff with technical issues for the last 11 years has given me the skills to handle Technology issue far beyond an university setting. The management has been great to me my time here. The most enjoyable part of my job is hearing the customer tell me how grateful they are that I was able to solve their issues and do it in a timely manner.
Pros
Free tuition for employees and family
Workplace Culture
EPS (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLFebruary 10, 2017
NSU has built a great sense of community. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement. Education Tuition Waivers and much more.
great workplace environment
Library Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 31, 2017
Working with Nova was a great experience. The students were always very friendly and polite. There is room for expansion since the school is so large.
Excellent place to work
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 29, 2017
Worked at Nova for 3+ years and enjoyed working with faculty and staff. Boss was crazy-fun! The pay is a little low for my position, but enjoyed my job tremendously.
Pros
Flexible time off and work hours; beautiful work environment
Cons
Health insurance is too high, pay is too low
Avoid this place like the plague
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJanuary 27, 2017
Horrible job. They lied to me about the duties of the job during the hiring process and didn't tell me that I'd be forced to work overnight shift.. Overnight shift has a massive checklist of doors that need to be locked and unlocked in multiple buildings across the campus, and a list of fire alarms, roof accesses and AEDs that need to be checked and it's very boring and frustrating work and you have to go into these giant creepy buildings by yourself with no one in them. If you ask for help when you're new, they yell at you and get irate. They have no patience to help you. The training is a joke, they do not train you properly. They put you in a classroom for like 2 weeks where you learn absolutely nothing relevant at all to the job, then you ride around with other public safety "officers" and nobody has the patience to show you how to do things the right way, they just rush through and do their job while you watch so there's no way to learn. It shouldn't even be called "Public Safety Officer" because there is no "Officer" part of this job, you have zero authority to do anything at all. it should be called "Janitor" because all you do is walk around with a gigantic ring of keys and lock and unlock doors. The job is boring, stupid, stressful, and annoying. I have nothing good to say about this job and would not recommend it to anyone. This will NOT prepare you for a career in Law Enforcement, if you're looking for a stepping stone into that...
Pros
Cool looking uniform
Cons
Everything else
Lifeguarding
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJanuary 23, 2017
The working conditions are very clean, and professional. My boss is fun to work with. He always gets the job done, without being too tough. The in services are not too long, and paid.
Pros
good amount of break, good hours, good pay, fun
Cons
florida heat.
Decent stepping stone job
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJanuary 19, 2017
Working as a Public Safety Officer is a decent job once you get the hang of how to correctly do your job because its mainly based upon a routine, and its fairly easy to get promoted.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Great learning experience working in the research department with many great researcher who have a true passion for what they do!
Everyday is a different experience
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 6, 2017
At Nova Southeastern University there's always something new. You learn new things because the doctors are excellent, but management is very poor. The compensation could be better.
Just not for me
Assis Dir of Campus Life & Student Engagement (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 5, 2017
Lack of Communication
Bad business decisions
Lack of support
Ran like a corporation rather than a university
the students do not come first
Not for me but does not mean others will not enjoy it. There are some great people here and the students. The experience I've faced dealing with unfair treatment I would not wish on anyone
Great Place
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 1, 2017
I went there for my doctorate, then they employed me. I gave it up when I remarried and had my children, but can say nothing bad about the entire experience.
Productive and fun work place
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 28, 2016
I have learned how to be a better leader to friends and colleagues. I find the job to be enjoyable for the most part. I really like interacting with other people and spending time outdoors. Overall, the NSU facility has been a great place to work at.
quizlets, monopoly
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLDecember 20, 2016
its a part time job, so get work at 9am. get coffee and then kick start my day, confirm from my supervisor what needs to be done, and get to it take my 15 break at noon, and get back to regular work schedule till closing.
Interesting research
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLDecember 18, 2016
NSU participated in interesting and cutting edge research. Students would work on nearby coral reefs as well as reefs around the world.
Fun place to work
Accounting Administrator (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLDecember 14, 2016
Overall it was a great job experience. I enjoyed my co workers, friendly atmosphere. Daily learning and challenges, but there is always someone willing to help when you need it.
Laid back
Proctor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 12, 2016
Easy to perform job. Minimal supervision required. Responsible for students and communication with professors on a daily basis. Easy work for the pay,
Great place to work. Very laid back and constructive.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLDecember 5, 2016
The job was great with a laid back environment. They made it fun and exciting to come to work everyday. We had company meetings with food nearly twice a week. I didn't work in one area during my time there. I alternated between the Dean's office and the front desk lobby.
Pros
Free lunches, company outings, and student interactions
Cons
workstudy
Productive place to learn
Federal student worker (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLDecember 1, 2016
Improved my customer service skills as well as my time management. This job had numerous tasks with short deadlines which forced me to act quickly and efficiently.
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nova Southeastern University. Our community is ready to answer.

Nova Southeastern University Reviews by Location