Nova Southeastern University Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilton Manors, FLSeptember 26, 2016
My work day stars by checking emails, voice mails, and fax. My responsibility is to make sure that children that cannot be seen in the dental clinic due to behavior management and have severe dental work get scheduled to be seen in the Operating Room. When I first started there was a wait list to be seen in the OR from 6-8 months. Within the last year I have been able to reduce the list of patients and just have them wait 2 months. I have learned a lot dealing with dental care as well hospital codes and being very organized when dealing with so much information from each patient. I schedule 30 patients a month so maintaining everything organized is very important.
This is just a small portion of my day, I also help the front end staff by check-in and out patients, making sure all of the patient charts are up to date also making sure the patient does not have an outstanding balance. I also help with verifying insurance and answering phones. I am the only employee in the front end that has been here the longest. Since I am always getting new temps I learned that training becomes very complicated when I am the only one training. I decided to help myself and those employees coming in by providing them with new employee packets in which it shows them step by step on what needs done in the clinic on a daily base. It also provides tools just in case they are stuck they can always look back at their handouts. This was something that was not provided to me as a new employee but it helps with the on-boarding process for others that come in.
The hardest part of my job is when we get
  more... a very upset parent come to the front and then I have to come in to mediate and help the parent and calm them down. I consider it hard because parents whom are upset are not always the easiest to deal with. When I do speak to them and explain to them what is going on in detail they seem to calm down and understand.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I know that because of all my hard work a child was able to get all of his dental work done in one visit at an out patient facility. It is satisfying because it feels good to hear a thank you from a parent for helping their child be relieved from pain.
Pros
tuition reimbursement, benefits
Cons
pay
Student leaders
Director of Student Activities (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 8, 2016
Enjoyed working with student leaders. Opportunity to develop programs and events for student leaders on campus. Recruited strong full-time professionals and graduate assistants.
Work was fun
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 17, 2016
Learned a lot about real world marketing. How to educate your customers. How to do marketing campaign.Managed a team of 7 people. Initiated marketing campaign in rural areas.
Flexible yet challenging atmosphere
Lab Assistant/Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLAugust 10, 2016
I had several positions at Nova Southeastern University, one of which was through a grant given by another company, but those that were run through the actual University were variable. Although all of my positions were some sort of laboratory assistant/researcher position, the different supervisors taught me how to work with many different types of management styles. The hardest part of these jobs was the miscommunication that often occurred between departments, although communication within my department was usually pretty efficient. The most enjoyable part was being acknowledged for my hard work, especially when I went above and beyond for my coworkers or management.
benefits
Cons
minimal pay
Wonderful atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 8, 2016
Loved working at Nova Southeastern. Wonderful atmosphere to work in, professionalism and compassion for students was outstanding, I looked forward to coming to work everyday.
Pros
Amazing Administration
Cons
Only con was I had to leave due to moving to Central Florida
Fun energetic work environment filled with positive people..
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 8, 2016
Work day consist of clocking in and doing some morning duties. Then proceeds to answering calls and creating appointments. Also, setting up events around school.

Management was great easy going and helped in every way they could.

Co-workers were fun and always happy.

The hardest part of the job was explaining to students the importance of not procrastinating.

The best part of the job was the work environment.
I took care of four or five servers hosing vSphere
Virtualization and Networking Lab Director (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 12, 2016
Odd hours, student position, on-call work. It provided a lot of experience for what I considered the typical system administrator experience.
Pros
learned about my field
Cons
low pay, high demands
Very nice Institution
Clerical IV, Team Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 24, 2016
Wonderful Institution to work for. Great benefits and wonderful people to work with. Great opportunity for advancement. Awesome place of work.
Horrible Place
Finance Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 6, 2016
it started as a positive note and quickly grew disgusting. Management just turn their heads to what is really going on within the department. I was lied too, bullied and threaten. What applies to one employee does not apply to all. They will overload you with work
and breaks are not allowed, oh you can stand at your work station but DO NOT walk the parking lot for 10 minutes big NO NO!
This was a joke of a job, the free bagels on Friday was supposed to make up for all the misery. No thank you!
Pros
Health benefits & Hours
Cons
everything else
NSU Housing Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 26, 2016
I learned how to manage my time between school, sports commitments, and working. I learned how to effectively communicate with employers and fellow employees.
Great If You Are A Student Too
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 16, 2016
NSU is a great place to work if you plan on being a student for many years with no goal of advancing within the institution. Job security exists if you have been grandfathered in.
Student Worker
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 22, 2016
Being a student worker at NSU was a very rewarding experience. It was very convenient to be able to work in the same building where I was taking my classes.
Good company to work for
Exec Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLApril 19, 2016
I have been with Nova for over 10+yrs, they are a good company to work for if you want longevity and job security. They do lack on the pay scale and for the last few years our yearly raises have not been on time as in the past. They base raises off of student enrollment so you may get a raise just not every year. There tends to be a lackadaisical attitude that gets developed while working here because it's not a high pressure/high stress work environment. The great thing is that you get lots of time off for family. Vacation days, 1sick day a month, and 3personal days a year not to mention they close the University for a week during the Christmas holiday. This comes in handy especially when you have young children.
Pros
Vacation, sick & 3 personal days a year
Cons
high deductibles on health ins, low on pay
Great Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 16, 2016
Nova Southeastern University has a great work environment and a great staff. You feel welcome, and they are very friendly.
Pros
Health benefits, 401k, friendly staff
Cons
Sitting all day
Great Balance
HPD Patient Representative I (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 15, 2016
Great work life balance with fantastic benefits. Salary is comparative to other positions. But the best part is the ability to return to school
Diversity Rules
Patient Access Representative - Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Davie, FL 33328March 9, 2016
I truly appreciate Nova overall. They are great people, in a great environment with amazing opportunities. Recommended to all who looks for diversity in a work place.
Appreciate the opportunity. Time to move on.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Davie, FL 33314March 7, 2016
The typical work day varied depending on what time of the year. I have learned to work in an environment where multiple things are going on at the same time. I feel that management could be better organized and, attentive to the needs of the employee's need to get the job dome efficiently. My co-workers on my level are great to work with. The hardest part of the job was having to many people wanting to be in charge and,the constant unnecessary tension. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the students.
Pros
free education
Cons
extremely low pay
Loved Working for NSU
Enrollment Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 1, 2016
I loved everything about NSU, It was a career of forever learning and teaching. I was constantly busy but never overwhelmed. I had a great crew, they always worked hard no matter how much work we had. I loved to give them my support when possible by sitting along side the crew helping them scan or Data entry during our busy time of enrollment Benefits were great and as an overall company I would love to work for them again.
Pros
Everything company was great.
Cons
Changed standard requirement to have a degree preventing being rehired.
n.a
Water Safety Instructor (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLFebruary 18, 2016
Loved working here very open and accepting. the most enjoyable part was the people i made connections with and how much they've influenced my life in the present.
Good work-life balance and benefits
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 16, 2016
It is a good company to work for as far as work-life balance and benefits. Management can be good or bad depending on what department you work. Salary compensation is below market average.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nova Southeastern University. Our community is ready to answer.

Nova Southeastern University Reviews by Location