Nova Southeastern University

Nova Southeastern University Employee Reviews

Decent stepping stone job
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJanuary 19, 2017
Working as a Public Safety Officer is a decent job once you get the hang of how to correctly do your job because its mainly based upon a routine, and its fairly easy to get promoted.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Great learning experience working in the research department with many great researcher who have a true passion for what they do!
Everyday is a different experience
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 6, 2017
At Nova Southeastern University there's always something new. You learn new things because the doctors are excellent, but management is very poor. The compensation could be better.
Just not for me
Assis Dir of Campus Life & Student Engagement (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 5, 2017
Lack of Communication
Bad business decisions
Lack of support
Ran like a corporation rather than a university
the students do not come first
Not for me but does not mean others will not enjoy it. There are some great people here and the students. The experience I've faced dealing with unfair treatment I would not wish on anyone
Great Place
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 1, 2017
I went there for my doctorate, then they employed me. I gave it up when I remarried and had my children, but can say nothing bad about the entire experience.
Productive and fun work place
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 28, 2016
I have learned how to be a better leader to friends and colleagues. I find the job to be enjoyable for the most part. I really like interacting with other people and spending time outdoors. Overall, the NSU facility has been a great place to work at.
quizlets, monopoly
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLDecember 20, 2016
its a part time job, so get work at 9am. get coffee and then kick start my day, confirm from my supervisor what needs to be done, and get to it take my 15 break at noon, and get back to regular work schedule till closing.
Interesting research
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLDecember 18, 2016
NSU participated in interesting and cutting edge research. Students would work on nearby coral reefs as well as reefs around the world.
Fun place to work
Accounting Administrator (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLDecember 14, 2016
Overall it was a great job experience. I enjoyed my co workers, friendly atmosphere. Daily learning and challenges, but there is always someone willing to help when you need it.
Laid back
Proctor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 12, 2016
Easy to perform job. Minimal supervision required. Responsible for students and communication with professors on a daily basis. Easy work for the pay,
Great place to work. Very laid back and constructive.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLDecember 5, 2016
The job was great with a laid back environment. They made it fun and exciting to come to work everyday. We had company meetings with food nearly twice a week. I didn't work in one area during my time there. I alternated between the Dean's office and the front desk lobby.
Pros
Free lunches, company outings, and student interactions
Cons
workstudy
Productive place to learn
Federal student worker (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLDecember 1, 2016
Improved my customer service skills as well as my time management. This job had numerous tasks with short deadlines which forced me to act quickly and efficiently.
Cons
nothing
Productive work place
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 29, 2016
great place to work. Professional environment. room for growth.
Conduct interviews via phone and in person for the Department of Enrollment and Student Services job openings.
-Assist other call center representatives by providing adequate training.
-Counsel students, including international students via phone and email regarding Admission, Financial Aid, Bursar, and Registrar questions and issues.
-Ability to resolve students account issues or affiliated conflicts without involving a supervisor, but providing paper trail for updates if needed.
-Verify student’s demographics to protect student’s personal identity.
-Act as supervisor or lead during their absence when needed.
American Counts Tutor (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 10, 2016
Assisted elementary school students with concepts of math that they could apply to make learning a little more easier.
Pros
One on one with students
Horrible experience
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 9, 2016
There is so much hate to latinos, to people that came with the idea to do better in this country. Very bad organize,The most enjoyable part it was the beautiful installations, and the benefits. But at expenses of bad salary.
Pros
Nice landscaping, nice facilities
Cons
the fulltime was 37.5 hours per week, low salary
This is a great place to work for. Everyone is very friendly
Receptionist/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 6, 2016
I have worked here for four years and it is a very good place. I work with students and faculty every day. I have to schedule certain events and classes, also answer phones and connect to correct person or places. I am also responsible for distributing all the mail that comes in and delivering it.
Over all it is a very good place to work at. My co-workers are also very nice to work with, we all get along great and we have a fun place to work from.
Interesting Work Environment
Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLOctober 18, 2016
PTO is great as well as sick days. Overall, love working with the OIIT Team. Eagerness to make things work and pro-thinking. Very changing environment.
Pros
Everything except Health care
Cons
Healthcare
Good Training
Communications Systems Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLOctober 4, 2016
Good training for anyone interested in law enforcement or dispatching. Work Life balance needs to improve. Very little room for advancement.
Life at NSU
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLOctober 1, 2016
It's really like a family environment! Pay depending on what you do may not be as great but benefits are awesome! ! By far one of the best jobs I have had in years!!
Pros
Great benefits and family environment
Cons
Low pay with certain positions that can pay more.
Productive Workplace
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilton Manors, FLSeptember 26, 2016
My work day stars by checking emails, voice mails, and fax. My responsibility is to make sure that children that cannot be seen in the dental clinic due to behavior management and have severe dental work get scheduled to be seen in the Operating Room. When I first started there was a wait list to be seen in the OR from 6-8 months. Within the last year I have been able to reduce the list of patients and just have them wait 2 months. I have learned a lot dealing with dental care as well hospital codes and being very organized when dealing with so much information from each patient. I schedule 30 patients a month so maintaining everything organized is very important.
This is just a small portion of my day, I also help the front end staff by check-in and out patients, making sure all of the patient charts are up to date also making sure the patient does not have an outstanding balance. I also help with verifying insurance and answering phones. I am the only employee in the front end that has been here the longest. Since I am always getting new temps I learned that training becomes very complicated when I am the only one training. I decided to help myself and those employees coming in by providing them with new employee packets in which it shows them step by step on what needs done in the clinic on a daily base. It also provides tools just in case they are stuck they can always look back at their handouts. This was something that was not provided to me as a new employee but it helps with the on-boarding process for others that come in.
The hardest part of my job is when we get
  more... a very upset parent come to the front and then I have to come in to mediate and help the parent and calm them down. I consider it hard because parents whom are upset are not always the easiest to deal with. When I do speak to them and explain to them what is going on in detail they seem to calm down and understand.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I know that because of all my hard work a child was able to get all of his dental work done in one visit at an out patient facility. It is satisfying because it feels good to hear a thank you from a parent for helping their child be relieved from pain.
Pros
tuition reimbursement, benefits
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nova Southeastern University. Our community is ready to answer.