NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY

NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY Employer Reviews

Worst Company I have worked for
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee), DavieMarch 22, 2015
Pros: Decent pay
Cons: Management/Directors are bullies
Micro Management is the them for this department. Work there at your own risk. Also there is no advancement at all and a high turn over rate.
Customer Service Representative
enrollment services (Current Employee), davieMarch 20, 2015
Pros: no micro manage
Cons: lack of communication from management, low pay and advancement rare
I believe the company overall has opportunity for growth. I am a student and employee and I see both sides. The pay, however, is really bad. Individuals are not compensated for their experiences, knowledge, and capabilites. This leaves current employees bitter and unmotivated to perform their jobs. Also, many employees have been in the same position and have failed continuously at advancing to better opportunities. Employee morale is low and so is absenteeism. There are many employees who have given up on the position and it is sad because it is displayed in their work performance. I believe Nova should invest in their assets (employees) who are underpaid and overworked.
Great location and Benefits
Technical Support Engineer (II) (Current Employee), Davie, FLMarch 10, 2015
Nova is a great place to work as it offers many different opportunities. One great thing is I get my education paid for by the school for working full time.
great exposure
Pharmacy Informatics Fellowship (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 8, 2015
work independently to accomplish.
great location for a good quality of life
administration not very supportive.
salaries in low range
Great Company with benefits
Helpdesk (Current Employee), davie, flMarch 5, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: low pay
Great benefits, 100% free tuition at the undergraduate level, 401k, vested after 3 years. Great culture. The pay is not great, but if you consider the value of your degree and it balances out.
Productive atmosphere
Research Technologies Coordinator (Current Employee), Dania Beach, FLFebruary 17, 2015
Academic atmosphere with qualified faculty and staff. Research at the oceanographic center is on par with larger institutions.
Excellent MST Staff, Unreliable Administration
Lead Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: excellent staff in the mst dept.
Cons: important documents lost regularly within the system
Working for Nova has many pros and cons. The staff I worked for at the Math, Science and Technology Department was truly excellent, but the internal administrative side of this school is very unreliable. During the time I worked for this organization I had two time sheets lost after having submitted them, which is not a unique experience for me alone, this is something that happens on a fairly regular basis to fellow coworkers as well. I also had my new hire packet lost after having turned it in, which included a copy of my birth certificate, social security card, and a voided personal check so all of my bank account information as well.
Good Place to work
Assistant Director III (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 4, 2015
Good place to work, great benefits and time off is extraordinary. Job security is beyond what you can imagine. Good Salaries.
worst job of my life
n-a (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: relatively good benefits; good hours
Cons: bullying, unequal treatment, disorganization
I came into the job with recommendations from former students as well as someone who used to work there. Unfortunately, their recommendations ill prepared me for obtaining the worst job of my life.

The main thing is the campus seems a continual mess. Many people don't seem to have much knowledge for their position or what they are doing. Some areas are years behind in their work. There is micromanaging from the top down. Bullying is an everyday affair and not only tolerated but encouraged by lack of management disapproval. There are no anti-bullying services for employees. If you get a bad review or have problems with a supervisor, you have no mediation services and HR will not help you. You've had the good ole boys who have been there forever, and some people quit like wildfire. They outsource some jobs. Pay is incredibly unequal with some making dirt nothing and some making some of the highest compensation in their field, even compared to better universities. Some people get treated like kings and queens with all kinds of perks, and others get so little budget, they can barely have the basic office necessities.

There is incredible stress to perform. Even if you are amazing and do an amazing job, it will go unrewarded. In fact, some of the incompetent ones will become extremely jealous and want to ruin you. It's weird because some incompetent people stay years without getting fired, and the competent ones are persecuted.

There is little room for advancement with such a small workforce. The under-staffment of the university makes workloads difficult.

I'm concerned about the financial state of the university as we are always seem to be hearing about budget cuts and enrollment going down.

I am so stressed all of the time from the worst management I have ever experienced (even in my lowliest of jobs), that my health is failing.
great job
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 19, 2015
Loved this job! Great People, hours great, and they will work with you.
Fun place to work and learn
Assist Student Dentist (Current Employee), North Miami Beach, FLJanuary 18, 2015
I have been doing my externship there and the staff is wonderful...they really helped me with polish my skills as a dental assistant.
Financial Management Expert with over 20 year of high ed aministration .
Financial Aid Counselor - On/Off Campus (Current Employee), Davie, FLJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: working on a productive team almost every day.
Cons: little room for advancement.
In am typical day of mine, I get to serve that very key clientele that appreciate my individual counseling that I give to brighten their days. And the most enjoyable time, is seeing them group in four years from boys to men or from girls to women.
Good Environment
System Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: long lunch breaks
Cons: no
Friendly and reliable. Easy to deal with work mates. Great opportunity to learn very basic concepts about the system and how management deals with it. Management is good to work with. My co- workers are really very helpful and everytime I learn something new from them. Most enjoyable part of the job is everyone is so reliable in my department. They understand if we have any problems or issues
Excellent school!
Doctoral Student/Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Davie, FLDecember 2, 2014
Pros: excellent faculty and staff
Excellent school and work environment. The faculty and staff are very qualified and help the students to achieve their educational goals. The school has modern infrastructure and state of the art technology. The school offers various online programs in addition to conventional classroom course delivery.
just punching the clock
Technology Support Technician (Current Employee), guessOctober 22, 2014
Pros: nice view
Cons: everything else
I worked in the OIT department, Direct Mgr was MIA, missing in action. Slow in supporting me, did not want to support me in issues with staff. When he branched out to my location, would sit on his computer and read his emails and not engage me, then at 4pm, get up and leave for home.

If you want to work somewhere where being a 6 out of a possible 10 and be okay with yourself, this is the place for you. Striving for mediocrity is the goal.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good way to network
I was a student at this University while working there so it wasn't as if it was a regular job that I used as primary income. However, I met some great people.
Very stressful work environment
Public Safety - Communications Systems Operator (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 11, 2014
While I learned a lot from this department in terms of investigation and first responding, the work environment with leading staff was hostile and hard to work in.
productive and interesting,fun
Mental Health Technician II (Former Employee), Lauderhill, FLOctober 3, 2014
Pros: recreational events
Cons: great health, and education benefits.
Always interesting, learned how to get along in a diverse population, Great management and very compassionate caring coworkers, the most enjoyable part of the job was helping others to learn how to be a productive part of society.
ExamProductive, enjoy working with students which are pursuing their eduction.ple: Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Operations Administrator (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLOctober 2, 2014
Student's satisfiaction. I learned to enchance using computers software. I managed the operations of the Educational Center. Working with the team was an enjoyable day at work.
Productive, fun, fast paced workplace
SPECIALITY ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Davie, FLSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: teaching falicity, so always learning something new
Cons: not too much room for advancement, low pay
Assist in outpatient surgeries, patient care, exams, writing scripts, charting, booking appointments, follow up with patients, administer shots/injections, phlebotomy.

1 2 3 4 5

About NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY

Nova Southeastern University (NSU) gives a whole new meaning to "school of sharks." NSU, whose mascot is the deep sea predator, – Read more

NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY Salaries