Nova Southeastern University Employee Reviews

High cost university is not making it in a changing educational environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 15, 2017
University is run like a business with more emphasis put on profit than education. This trickles down to how management treats their employees. Each department and college are a different experience when working with or for them. Working at NSU was like watching my career go down with a slow sinking ship.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Low pay
Review
Fitness Attendant, Call center Representative (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 10, 2017
Great employer who mentors you and how to achieve any goal you have set. Very flexiable on schedule and bubbly coworker and employers. Real honor to work there
Fun and Family type environment
Director of Hospitality and Building Operations (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLAugust 10, 2017
After 16 years of working on that particular university, I created something that it was not there before. They created a position for me, I then created the department from scratch, unfortunately due to a downsizing transition the department was eliminated after 16 years of functioning successfully.
Everyday was a different event, special meeting, 6 people, or maybe 350 for which everything was already planned, and just needed to be executed. Worked with different departments together to make achieve all goals and objectives. For me it was the passion for the job, for others was the excitement, fun and free food. ultimately, I could call it a family at work.
Pros
Resources, gym, showers for after excercising during lunch breaks and free coffe.
Cons
Some of the staff might have taken advantage of the freedom and perks.
Great Management
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 7, 2017
Workplace culture is friendly and well educated. Employees gather monthly for general meetings ensuring effective communication about various topics. Employees work closely with each other, mentoring and growing collectively.
Pros
Well balanced work life environment
Cons
Challenging projects
Excellent
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 3, 2017
Nova Southeastern University is an excellent employer. There is room to grow and advance in the many departments available. Everyone is acceptable and welcoming.
Not mid-level friendly
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 2, 2017
NSU is great for entry level jobs and executive level jobs, not for mid-level. Advancement is mostly based on favoritism and/or nepotism.
Great benefits and compensation are offered.
Pros
Benefits, retirement plan, and time off.
Cons
Low paying salaries and lack of opportunities for advancement and professional growth.
it was a fun place to work
CLERK (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJuly 31, 2017
The employees were nice. Everybody got along with each other. Management treated everybody fairly. The workload was pretty easy except on the day after a holiday. The yearly raises wasn't all that good.
Great job for students
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314July 25, 2017
I worked for one of the busiest departments and I really enjoyed the workload and very prepared co-workers.
I began as a temporary employee and shortly became a full time employee there.

Good work environment.
Pros
great university
Detail-oriented and collaborative work environment.
Circulation Desk Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 19, 2017
My experience at the Alvin Sherman Library has been very helpful in reinforcing several skills including those of customer service as well as detail-oriented aspects of the position.
Pros
Collaborative working environment
I loved Nova but..
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 18, 2017
I had a good overall work expierience at nova. However the oppotunity to grow was little, and the increase of pay was not really an option. Other than that i really enjoyed the work enviorment.
Pros
Amazing time off
Cons
No annual reviews
I have served as an adjunct faculty member and have thoroughly enjoyed my experience
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 7, 2017
Nova Southeastern University is a very professional and highly regarded University in Florida. It has an extensive training program for its faculty and has a healthy work environment. Strong sense of family in terms of its culture.

Compensation is reasonable.
Pros
Strong training program for faculty and great work envirnment
Flexible Workplace
Interlibrary Loan Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314June 28, 2017
Great to their student workers, very understanding when it comes to finals week and such. Flexible hours for students to work maximum hours. Some days free lunch is available!
Overall Good Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 28, 2017
Decent pay for a position which was part time and for students. The work was interesting since I worked as a research assistant for a professor on behalf of a few companies. Would recommend anyone with the opportunity to take a job like this takes it, just be prepared to work under 20 hours a week depending on the nature of the research.
Pros
Make own hours for the most part, decent pay, good boss
Cons
Didn't work many hours per week
Nsu
Central Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLJune 14, 2017
I enjoyed working with various departments. Position advancements and opportunities were good. I like that I had the opportunity to work and complete my degrees at the same time. Co-workers, Faculty and students were a treat to work with, as well as, supportive throughout the time I was employed.
Pros
Education and advancement
Cons
short lunch breaks
professional
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  microbiology labJune 12, 2017
worked as a lab assistant. very easy going, student job. The school is very open and relaxed. I would recommend getting a student job while enrolled at the school.
Love my former boss
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 6, 2017
It was a temporarily position as a grad student, I worked with the VA students. I had learned so much in financial aid, VA benefits and handled students accounts.
Excited
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLJune 6, 2017
This workplace was always fun, see different peoples all the long...
I worked with some great people made new friends that felt like family.
The only problem was it came to an end... But I enjoyed learning so much.
Over all good opportunity
Coordinator of Executive Events and Planning (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 5, 2017
Happy with what they offered . I hope to be able to get another opportunity to work at the University again. I was given opportunitues and plenty of encouragement.
great
Proposal Coordinator/Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314June 5, 2017
Very good place to work. Especially this is good if you are also going to school because they compensate your tuition and fees. People are very nice. I like working with them.
Excellent place to work
Visual Architect (contractor) (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 4, 2017
Nova Southeastern University's OIIT department is connecting all colleges to a new and improved digital infrastructure that I contributed to. The designers, developers and user acceptability testers were on their game. It was a pleasure to work here.