Nova Southeastern University Employee Reviews

It is still a School
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 22, 2017
It pushes you to be the best employer you can be. It has a diverse population in terms of patients and colleagues you work with. It is a friendly environment.
Great University with Good people
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 21, 2017
I have learned several things in my tenure here at NSU. The hardest part of the job is the advancement opportunities within your department, but the best part is the fact that the University is so big that there are opportunities everywhere. Great, friendly environment.
Choose wisely
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  NmbApril 15, 2017
Promises. Promises.
Extremely political environment.
Dental, especially North Miami Beach, have UNqualified employees leading that department that should not be.
Upper management has blinders on.
Cons
Poor salary
Good place to work if you want to pursue work in a professional atmosphere
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLApril 12, 2017
A typical day at Nova Southeastern University Lower School is all about routine. Once you get the gist of what to do it's just a matter of doing it again the next day. This can be good or bad depending on your preferences. I learned that I was not ready to pursue a career in teaching so it's not something that suited me. The hardest part of the job for me was that working in a school at such a young age causes a lot of your co-workers as well as parents of the children to treat you condescendingly. Starting work there straight out of high school felt like an accomplishment, but little time passed until everyone else made me feel like an outsider. It felt like everyone there had it all figured out, while I was just there to learn new skills, grow, and see where life takes me. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely getting to work with some amazing, intelligent, and creative kids. They really make you feel like you make a difference. They don't judge you for your age, because it's not a concept that they think about.
Pros
benefits, free lunches
Cons
it's not for everyone
Good place to work going through a lot of changes
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  3301 College AveApril 3, 2017
I don't suggest working in admissions office if you don't want to work off commission or metrics.
The community of the university as a whole is good.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay
yeah no
Facilities maintenance supervisor (Current Employee) –  somewhereApril 1, 2017
I wasn't the first they made promises too..... oh yes we will make sure and yes you will get......
I left a job making 110,000 a year with a promise of an equivalent salary.
they use this to get you in..... nobody gets what they offer
once you are here...... we are sorry but...
and No raises have been given for 5 years
..... we have free education..... yeah no. you will pay more in books than a midwestern student pays in a year.... Run Far and fast.....I am!
Pros
Cons
they are liars
Great atmosphere to work in!
Program Assistant of Operations (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 28, 2017
I enjoyed my time both as a student employee and para-professional at NSU. Both work environments were fun and each work day was filled with something new.
Outstanding company specially for students
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 25, 2017
Learn that is always necessary to communicate in the line of command. The hardest part of the job was to keep the volume down, since work in a small call center can be challenging.
Pros
Help on tuition
Cons
Fees
enjoyable
PA Announcer/Arena Technical Operations (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 23, 2017
Public Address Announcing for sporting events - volleyball, soccer, men's and women's basketball, softball, baseball, tennis, track and field for 5 years.
Exposed to lots of new technologies
Network Administrator and Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 20, 2017
As a student worker, the Network Lab exposed you to new technologies which were challenging to learn. If you weren't exposed to Linux, you'd get a crash course in the OS. Also gave you the ability to provide real assistance to the faculty when needed which may immediately benefit the student body including yourself since you get to use the implementations you made. Only real problem was there was always a conflict with management of the lab vs. the school itself.
Review & maintain applications w/academic counselors for admittance
Admissions Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 18, 2017
Working in the HPD admissions office is a great experience. You get to meet lots of new people. The work staff get along with each other and work as a team. There is a lot of work but it is still rewarding to make a difference in applicants lives as they get their acceptance into the program they have worked hard to get into so that they can train in their desired profession.
Once a great place to work
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 13, 2017
At one time it was a great place to work and then new management brought morale down for a while.

The tuition reimbursement was excellent and was reduced by new management.

The 403b had a 10% match which was very nice.

Not sure how it is now.
Goal Oriented, Productive Company
Manager of Technology Support Engineering (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 11, 2017
Excellent work environment. Good people. Everyone working towards the same goals. Focus on education, work experience, and moving forward in respects to career goals.
Stepping Stone
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 8, 2017
To be honest, this job was just a stepping stone to work towards my Major in the Automotive industry. You get to interact with students and fellow staff when in need of any assistance.
Pros
Insurance and Benefits
Cons
Not many opportunitys for promotion
Free Education
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLMarch 8, 2017
I worked here prior to the new rules so I was able to get my education at no cost to me. Higher education can be difficult to work in but you just have to remember that you just as good as everyone else.
Pros
free education
Cons
Co workers with big heads
Nice environmnent
Academic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 6, 2017
NSU has a very nice and enjoyable work environment. I enjoy working here. They are understanding when it comes to outside obligations such as family and school.
Good Place to Work
Accounts Payable Professional (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 2, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed being a member of this institution. Wished salaries were more competitive to enable the retention of qualified and dedicated employees.
Pros
education opportunities for employees at low cost
Cons
low salaries
Enjoyable
Enrollment Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 20, 2017
managed a large staff of 12 from various areas who worked great as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing who stood out as leaders. The hardest part of the job was not being able to do anything but oversee what they were doing.
Pros
working with people with different skills
Cons
the 72 mile drive from my home to work daily
Rewarding
Library aquiisitions (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLFebruary 20, 2017
I am a retired senior citizen who would like to work part time. I am very reliable and punctual. I loved my job. Working behind the scene ordering books and communicating with vendors while keeping account records and managing work study students.
Pros
Communication with professors.
Excellent World Class University
Technology Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLFebruary 13, 2017
Working for Nova Southeastern University has been a great experience. From supporting Students, Faculty and Staff with technical issues for the last 11 years has given me the skills to handle Technology issue far beyond an university setting. The management has been great to me my time here. The most enjoyable part of my job is hearing the customer tell me how grateful they are that I was able to solve their issues and do it in a timely manner.
Pros
Free tuition for employees and family