NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY

NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY Employer Reviews

Overall
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), Davie, FLJanuary 17, 2014
Cool place to work. primary duties were to assist students and professors with any of their technical issues.
My students made it a great place to teach
Adjunct Professor in the MIBA program (Former Employee), Davie, FLJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: relative autonomy in my classes as long as the material was covered.
Cons: i never received feedback from the dean or dept chair
As an adjunct there is no such thing as a typical day at work. When I teach on campus courses are a total of 6 hours every other weekend. I spend at least that amount of time preparing for class. In addition to making sure I cover the key points for each topic I create exercises that students break into small groups to complete. Those exercises are – more... where students tell me they really learn. What I learn is that they have to play an active role in their education. Lecturing alone doesn't do it. I had very little interaction with management or co-workers except the Department Chair with whom I co-wrote an article that was published. The hardest part of the job is grading 40 term papers at the end of the semester. I have a goal of completing the grading in no more than 4 days and I write extensive comments on each paper. Students tell me that many professors don't even return their papers let alone justify the grades that the students receive. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction I have with my students. Even on line I have devised a way to approximate discussions each week that are similar to what takes place in a campus class. i think above everything the absolute most enjoyable part of my job is learning from my students. – less
ex
ex (Former Employee), exDecember 14, 2013
NSU is a back stabber and lays you off when they dont like you, avoid evil university

18jc7vv4l5n8gbpu – March 18, 2014

agrees with you Im another victim of NSU when you need them the most they back stab you

NSU
Pre-Doc Clinical Instructor/Faculty/Administrator (Current Employee), 1300 College AveDecember 3, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: no opportunity for advancement
A typical day at work consists of charts for patients to be treated for the week. Entering data into software program and creating spreadsheets to record data. Managment skill are fulltime and can be tedious on a daily basis. co-workers are cooperative. Hardest part is finding time to complete all tasks. My patients.
Great Place to work
CLERK (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 12, 2013
It was a pleasure to work at Nova Southeastern University. It was a pleasant environment to work. My coworkers were very helpful.
Excellent compensation and freedom to work on your own
Clinical Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Fort Myers FloridaNovember 1, 2013
I have found that this company offers me the opportunity to be very self-directed while continuing to stay within the organizations goals.
An engaging and challenging experience working with prosepctive doctors
MI Case Specialist Consultant (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 29, 2013
Pros: the lasting relationship developed with aspiring student doctors
Cons: lack of time to provide supportive
.case management
.medical transcription
.doctor patient review process
.medical terminology protocol
Team oriented and rewarding place to work
Adjunct faculty (Current Employee), Kendall, FLOctober 22, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: no benefits or full time faculty available
Becoming part of the success of a student and watching them succeed is the most rewarding experience for a teacher. I enjoy spending six weeks in classroom teaching then the next eight weeks in the hospital clinical area.

The employees work together to make it the most rewarding atmosphere as possible.
Excellent workplace with fine opportunities
Director of protective services (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 18, 2013
Pros: good opportunities
Cons: many colleagues had retired and left
Excellent workplace with fine opportunities.
Allowed me to rise to an excellent career achievement.
Coworker and subordinate employees were high-level performance dedicated to the goals and objectives of the university - protecting students, staff, employees and visitors to the campuses.
Such a wonderful place to work!
Assistant Director of Student Affairs (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 27, 2013
It will be hard to leave this place if I ever decided to. This place has a relaxed but high performing atmosphere.
Fun Workplace
Public Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Davie, FLSeptember 16, 2013
Whenever left to do their jobs the way they were trained staff would complete all tasks efficiently and effectively. Management was poor
Professor/Preceptor
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Fort Meyers, FLSeptember 10, 2013
Great place to work and learn.
Precepted Students and Guest lectures
Wonderful employer
Records Processing Specialist (Former Employee), Fort lauderdaleAugust 18, 2013
Opportunity for advancement, positive atmosphere, HR shows that they care with birthday parties and rewards for a job well done.
Amazing position
Fitness Center Student Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 29, 2013
Able to help students cope with stress by assisting them in the fitness center with any questions.
Professional and productive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Davie, FlJuly 25, 2013
Pros: sable job and hours
I Organized and oversaw the Electronic Resident Application System for graduating medical students. I also greeted guests, answered phones, filing, and data entry.
CLERK III (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 24, 2013
Pros: gained experience
Cons: temporary
My experience with Nova Southeastern University was a great one, I was able to learn more about how the collage education system works, I also worked along side great coworkers, that trained me well, the management was very respectable of my personal life and worked with my schedule, the hardest part of the job was that it was part time and also temporary.
Poor Pay and mad hypocrisy!
Office Manager (Former Employee), Davie, FLJuly 22, 2013
Cons: bad pay, no overtime potential, short weeks
Firstly, you don't work for 40 hours a week, you work 37.5 so that there is not the remotest possibility that you will need to work overtime. If you are hourly, you get screwed because all the salaried people come and go as they please. The pay is nonsense and every year they tell you to just be grateful you still have a job.
Great learning environment
Main Attendant (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 27, 2013
This job provided a great learning environment for those that wish to pursue a career in the health field.
Fun and Up-Beat Work Environment
Student Assistant for Athletic Academic Services (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 11, 2013
Every day is something new and exciting. If you do not like routine, boring work, this is a great environment for you. The skills you use in the office are implemented each day to help with projects, Power Points, or student success fairs. This is a very hands-on position involving a majority of communication skills.
Very productive work & a fun working environment.
Operations & Technology Specialist (Former Employee), Davie, FLJune 5, 2013
Pros: stable job, great benefits & always opportunity to grow within.
Cons: long hours behind a monitor screen.
Definitely a great place to work and grow within. Awesome benefit packages which start on day one of employment.
Employees are very friendly and always willing to help out.

About NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY

Nova Southeastern University (NSU) gives a whole new meaning to "school of sharks." NSU, whose mascot is the deep sea predator, – Read more