Nova Southeastern University

Nova Southeastern University Employee Reviews in United States

Light work and Great Benefits
Technology Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 24, 2016
The job is great, you learn as you go. You get to build your networking and you get time to study for certifications. It pays for class and management are lay back as long as labs assignment are completed. The hardest part of the job is getting train and projects because it's time consuming.
Pros
Flexible, pays for certifications and School
Cons
Low Salary, and low technology
about Nova front desk
Front Desk Staff (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 23, 2016
There was great communication skill amount the employee and employers. The schedule is very flexible, and you have the opportunity to pick your won shift.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
last notice
First career in a professional work environment
Medical Records Custodian (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJanuary 19, 2016
NSU was an excellent opportunity for me to grow as a person as it offered a outstanding working experience. In my years at Nova I met so many great individuals that inspired me to think big and go hard in life. Also, with benefits such as tuition assistance makes it a no-brainer in pursuing an education at their prestigious University. Overall, I couldn't have picked a better place to work after graduating high school as they provided me with the knowledge, discipline, and experience to take life by the horns!
Pros
Challenging professional work environment, access to top of the line learning facility, working alongside physicians, students, attorneys, and a great customer service staff
Cons
Commute
great place
insurance benefit specialist (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLDecember 4, 2015
nova is a great place to work at and there is many opportunity for you and to better your future, the workers are very friendly and they will assist you when they can
On the forefront of education delivery.
Compensation & Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 24, 2015
This university, one of the largest private, not for profit universities in the country, very rapidly developed a solid reputation as a law school, a school of psychology, a school of education, a school of medicine, and a first rate undergraduate institution. It is an exciting place to work due to the rapid evolution of the university to deliver education in a variety of formats, via accredited programs, resulting in professionals who pass national exams to become Doctors, Lawyers, Psychologists, Counselors, Therapists and Educators.
Pros
Be ready for change.
Cons
Be ready for change.
Challenging workplace
technical support engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 24, 2015
A typical day work consists of receiving and processing all the IT-related equipment that comes for the university. In addition, I am responsible for configuring whatever machines arrive for end-users around campus. Management is not very supportive. The workload has increased and new systems have been implemented with little to no training. My co-workers are very negative and constantly complain about their job duties so the workplace environment tends to be toxic. The hardest part of the job is doing so much work without being recognized, appreciated and compensated. In addition, there is a feeling of uncertainty when it comes to job advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to work under little to no supervision and making sure the users are satisfied with their equipment needs.
Pros
benefits, location, autonomy
Cons
pay, structure, management, systems, employees
Great Job
Sterilization Technician (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 18, 2015
Stress free environment. Great place to work because of all the future dentist. They also give plenty of opportunity to grow.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
No cons
NSU Campus is a great place to work
Trade Book Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 18, 2015
Barnes & Noble College @ NSU was a wonderful place to work and learn.
The bookstore is not part of NSU we are the current textbook and merchandise vendor.

Campus is a beautiful place to work. Staff and students are knowledgeable and fun to be around. NSU event are always exciting.
The best benefit of working for NSU is the ability to go to school.
Financial Aid Counselor I (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 17, 2015
The management team is not family centered. NSU does not take care of their employees or care for them and the pay is low. The best benefit of working for NSU is going to school their but other than that there is no benefit of being there.
Fun and enjoyable place to work
IT Lab Services (Former Employee) –  West Miami, FLNovember 14, 2015
Real academic environment to work as professional. During a typical day at work the co-workers and students generate a most enjoyable day.
Pros
Work with colleagues and learning from them
Cons
Difficult get a full time permanent job at Kendall campus
Excellent exposure to academia
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 8, 2015
A typical day at work includes teaching in the Entry into practice program, creating tests, designing courses, assisting students with assignments and advising students.
Requires 7.5 hours of work on campus and completing work at home.
Co-workers are very supportive and work as a team.
The hardest part is completing work in a timely manner to assist the students.
The most enjoyable part of the work is networking with the community to promote health.
Pros
Medical benefits, co-workers, and flexibility.
Cons
n/a
Professional and Ethical University
Admissions Specialist Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 1, 2015
Nova Southeastern University is a very professional and ethical university. They are well known for their Graduate and Doctoral programs in the health profession; such as Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Dental program, Physician's Assistant, Anesthesiologist Assistant program, Health Sciences, Public Health, Pharmacy, Occupational Therapy, and Nursing just to name a few. Our Enrollment Process Department, Admissions Management Specialist team are a wonderful group of people I've had the pleasure of working with, and the management team is just as impressive. The students were amazing to work with, very intelligent and working with them gave me a new found respect for those who become Doctors, Dentists, etc. anyone in the health profession. Additionally, their Doctor of Education and Law School are top programs as well across the nation. Nova Southeastern University is a family, a family that you can be proud of and grow with throughout the years.
Rewarding Experience
Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 26, 2015
I retired from Nova in November 2014 and it was a very interesting learning experience.

I learned to deal with difficult people and managed to satisfactory engage in uniting the employees to an almost family level with my co-workers in ALL levels, from the cleaning people to the Directors.

Guided students from different cultures and backgrounds to a successful graduation, and continuing to more advanced careers. Inspired students to excel in what they learn.

My biggest satisfaction was on graduation day when students and parents approached me to thank me for the encouragement and assistance to their success.
Pros
Develop interesting people skills
Cons
It was my time to retire from full time job
Great working environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLOctober 21, 2015
Nova Southeastern was a great place to work, a family oriented environment. Graduate students were professional educators who were interested in obtaining doctorates in their area of expertise. I handled students who were having difficulties in the program and which I advised them on the policies and procedures to file grievances and appeals of grades, etc. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to help the students work through their difficulties and achieve their goals. The hardest part of this job was, again, witnesses them leave the program/graduate school and not achieve their goals.
Pros
Free educational benefits for employees; half tuition for spouse/children; great working environment
Cons
Pay not equal to job responsibilities
no review
Teaching Assistant/ Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 12, 2015
one of my favorite places I have been, great location, beautiful city and wonderful employees, would love to stay here for more years
good work life balance
Recruiter, Division of Applied Interdisciplinary (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 26, 2015
I have learned project management, project implementation, staff management, recruitment, event management, public speaking, writing, communication, phone delivery.
Minimum supervison and wonderful place to work
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FloridaSeptember 21, 2015
Only two persons in the department. Myself and director. Have my own private office space as I had to deal with confidential staff information. Very supportive manager and staff members in other units. Was able to provide support to other departments, marketing and finance. This allowed me to gain experience in these areas. Resigned to return to Jamaica.
Pros
Tuition Waiver
Cons
No room for growth
Each day was a diversified challenge. My co-workers and staff made the job exciting and I felt priveleged to interact and grow.
Program Director: Office of Dental CE (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 19, 2015
In private practice for 23 years as a periodontist the challenge is patient compliance, interacting with general practitioners and treatment planning for the best outcome - glorious years. While at NSU politics more so than red tape challenged me day-to-day. I would've handled that part of my job quite differently if I were to begin again. Overall it was the interaction with faculty and staff that motivated me to make each day count and the following day to be further ahead than the prior day.
Pros
Faculty, staff and student interaction
Cons
Politics
public safety
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 16, 2015
management not friendly and not supportive and rude . the pay is okay but not work what you go through too many complaints the plus side is tuition wavers other than that I would not work in the public safety department its too stressful .
benefits
Cons
management
Decent place to start in the field
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 15, 2015
NSU can be a great start for a new college graduate who is looking for a foot in the door. The starting salary for a college graduate with a bachelor's degree is rather comparable to the market and the benefits are exceptional (full benefits including 401K, HRA, and access to the clinics on campus). However, it is not a long term place of employment as leadership is pretty set in their ways and it is always the same players in all of the roles. It is almost impossible to advance unless you are willing to lose your integrity and professional identity. Reward comes only to those willing to do almost anything for a raise (spying on coworkers, running personal errands for supervisors, brown nosing in general). Unfortunately hard workers with true passion for helping students and with innovative ideas are seldom given the opportunity to advance and usually never are adequately compensated. Overall, leadership always gives the right speeches but the action never follows. The biggest downfall of the university is the lack of value that is shown to employees who are alumni and thus many people stay to further their education and then move on to another opportunity outside of the university.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Advancement opportunity, Compensation

Nova Southeastern University Reviews by Location