Nova Southeastern University Employee Reviews

I have served as an adjunct faculty member and have thoroughly enjoyed my experience
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 7, 2017
Nova Southeastern University is a very professional and highly regarded University in Florida. It has an extensive training program for its faculty and has a healthy work environment. Strong sense of family in terms of its culture.

Compensation is reasonable.
Pros
Strong training program for faculty and great work envirnment
Flexible Workplace
Interlibrary Loan Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314June 28, 2017
Great to their student workers, very understanding when it comes to finals week and such. Flexible hours for students to work maximum hours. Some days free lunch is available!
Overall Good Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 28, 2017
Decent pay for a position which was part time and for students. The work was interesting since I worked as a research assistant for a professor on behalf of a few companies. Would recommend anyone with the opportunity to take a job like this takes it, just be prepared to work under 20 hours a week depending on the nature of the research.
Pros
Make own hours for the most part, decent pay, good boss
Cons
Didn't work many hours per week
Nsu
Central Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLJune 14, 2017
I enjoyed working with various departments. Position advancements and opportunities were good. I like that I had the opportunity to work and complete my degrees at the same time. Co-workers, Faculty and students were a treat to work with, as well as, supportive throughout the time I was employed.
Pros
Education and advancement
Cons
short lunch breaks
professional
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  microbiology labJune 12, 2017
worked as a lab assistant. very easy going, student job. The school is very open and relaxed. I would recommend getting a student job while enrolled at the school.
Love my former boss
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 6, 2017
It was a temporarily position as a grad student, I worked with the VA students. I had learned so much in financial aid, VA benefits and handled students accounts.
Excited
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLJune 6, 2017
This workplace was always fun, see different peoples all the long...
I worked with some great people made new friends that felt like family.
The only problem was it came to an end... But I enjoyed learning so much.
Over all good opportunity
Coordinator of Executive Events and Planning (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 5, 2017
Happy with what they offered . I hope to be able to get another opportunity to work at the University again. I was given opportunitues and plenty of encouragement.
great
Proposal Coordinator/Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314June 5, 2017
Very good place to work. Especially this is good if you are also going to school because they compensate your tuition and fees. People are very nice. I like working with them.
Excellent place to work
Visual Architect (contractor) (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 4, 2017
Nova Southeastern University's OIIT department is connecting all colleges to a new and improved digital infrastructure that I contributed to. The designers, developers and user acceptability testers were on their game. It was a pleasure to work here.
Very friendly place to work
Wellness Coordinator of Recreation and Wellness (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 25, 2017
Very friendly place to work with co-workers that know a lot about the field. With a great leadership and teamwork, Nova Southeastern is a great place to work.
Great
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 22, 2017
NSU is a great place to work. My manager was fantastic. The benefits are pretty good. Health insurance is expensive. Otherwise, a great place to work.
Productive work place
Front office staff, Goodwin dormitory (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 18, 2017
Front office staff at the Leo Goodwin Freshman dormitory is a great place for a college student to hone in on customer service skills while also making sure academia is a priority.
My Experience at NSU
Program Professor (Current Employee) –  N Miami Beach, FLMay 6, 2017
Opportunity to work with several Departments and Administrators. Supervisors are flexible, supported, willing to assist. Love to work with students and assist them with their academic issues. No all call are alike, so one has to be prepare for the unexpected. Help to stay up to date with information. Always learning!
always a pleaseure
Client Records Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 5, 2017
overall working at Nova was a very good experience. the people were extremely nice and helpful and also supportive of the things i did. tipsy day could be a little stressful with the work load but they always made up with free food and events that would go on, on a daily basis.
Cons
pay
Great School
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 3, 2017
NSU is a great school to work for and they have great benefits as well. I worked there for a year and a half. I learned a lot about behavior management.
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 2, 2017
Worked as a medical assistant. At that time management was "all over the place" and there was no room for growth. The pay was below what previous employers offered but I was there while completing my education at the university.
Daily Duties At NSU
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  North Miami, FLApril 26, 2017
A day at work consist of assisting patients daily with arranging their appointments. Also assisting the physicians with coding and making sure we bill the correct procedures to corresponding insurance companies we are contracted with.
Pros
Health benefits, Schooling, Medical Experience.
Cons
Salary, No room to Elevate.
Great place to work if you have family interests.
Grant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 26, 2017
Lovely campus, great benefits,family friendly, appreciated educated employees. The salaries could be higher to compete with Miami based academic facilities, but overall great culture.
Cons
Salary a little lower than Miami area.
It is still a School
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 22, 2017
It pushes you to be the best employer you can be. It has a diverse population in terms of patients and colleagues you work with. It is a friendly environment.