Nova Southeastern University Employee Reviews

Once a great place to work
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 13, 2017
At one time it was a great place to work and then new management brought morale down for a while.

The tuition reimbursement was excellent and was reduced by new management.

The 403b had a 10% match which was very nice.

Not sure how it is now.
Goal Oriented, Productive Company
Manager of Technology Support Engineering (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 11, 2017
Excellent work environment. Good people. Everyone working towards the same goals. Focus on education, work experience, and moving forward in respects to career goals.
Stepping Stone
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 8, 2017
To be honest, this job was just a stepping stone to work towards my Major in the Automotive industry. You get to interact with students and fellow staff when in need of any assistance.
Pros
Insurance and Benefits
Cons
Not many opportunitys for promotion
Free Education
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLMarch 8, 2017
I worked here prior to the new rules so I was able to get my education at no cost to me. Higher education can be difficult to work in but you just have to remember that you just as good as everyone else.
Pros
free education
Cons
Co workers with big heads
Nice environmnent
Academic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 6, 2017
NSU has a very nice and enjoyable work environment. I enjoy working here. They are understanding when it comes to outside obligations such as family and school.
Good Place to Work
Accounts Payable Professional (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 2, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed being a member of this institution. Wished salaries were more competitive to enable the retention of qualified and dedicated employees.
Pros
education opportunities for employees at low cost
Cons
low salaries
Enjoyable
Enrollment Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 20, 2017
managed a large staff of 12 from various areas who worked great as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing who stood out as leaders. The hardest part of the job was not being able to do anything but oversee what they were doing.
Pros
working with people with different skills
Cons
the 72 mile drive from my home to work daily
Rewarding
Library aquiisitions (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLFebruary 20, 2017
I am a retired senior citizen who would like to work part time. I am very reliable and punctual. I loved my job. Working behind the scene ordering books and communicating with vendors while keeping account records and managing work study students.
Pros
Communication with professors.
Excellent World Class University
Technology Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLFebruary 13, 2017
Working for Nova Southeastern University has been a great experience. From supporting Students, Faculty and Staff with technical issues for the last 11 years has given me the skills to handle Technology issue far beyond an university setting. The management has been great to me my time here. The most enjoyable part of my job is hearing the customer tell me how grateful they are that I was able to solve their issues and do it in a timely manner.
Pros
Free tuition for employees and family
Workplace Culture
EPS (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLFebruary 10, 2017
NSU has built a great sense of community. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement. Education Tuition Waivers and much more.
great workplace environment
Library Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 31, 2017
Working with Nova was a great experience. The students were always very friendly and polite. There is room for expansion since the school is so large.
Excellent place to work
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 29, 2017
Worked at Nova for 3+ years and enjoyed working with faculty and staff. Boss was crazy-fun! The pay is a little low for my position, but enjoyed my job tremendously.
Pros
Flexible time off and work hours; beautiful work environment
Cons
Health insurance is too high, pay is too low
Avoid this place like the plague
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJanuary 27, 2017
Horrible job. They lied to me about the duties of the job during the hiring process and didn't tell me that I'd be forced to work overnight shift.. Overnight shift has a massive checklist of doors that need to be locked and unlocked in multiple buildings across the campus, and a list of fire alarms, roof accesses and AEDs that need to be checked and it's very boring and frustrating work and you have to go into these giant creepy buildings by yourself with no one in them. If you ask for help when you're new, they yell at you and get irate. They have no patience to help you. The training is a joke, they do not train you properly. They put you in a classroom for like 2 weeks where you learn absolutely nothing relevant at all to the job, then you ride around with other public safety "officers" and nobody has the patience to show you how to do things the right way, they just rush through and do their job while you watch so there's no way to learn. It shouldn't even be called "Public Safety Officer" because there is no "Officer" part of this job, you have zero authority to do anything at all. it should be called "Janitor" because all you do is walk around with a gigantic ring of keys and lock and unlock doors. The job is boring, stupid, stressful, and annoying. I have nothing good to say about this job and would not recommend it to anyone. This will NOT prepare you for a career in Law Enforcement, if you're looking for a stepping stone into that...
Pros
Cool looking uniform
Cons
Everything else
Lifeguarding
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJanuary 23, 2017
The working conditions are very clean, and professional. My boss is fun to work with. He always gets the job done, without being too tough. The in services are not too long, and paid.
Pros
good amount of break, good hours, good pay, fun
Cons
florida heat.
Decent stepping stone job
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJanuary 19, 2017
Working as a Public Safety Officer is a decent job once you get the hang of how to correctly do your job because its mainly based upon a routine, and its fairly easy to get promoted.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Great learning experience working in the research department with many great researcher who have a true passion for what they do!
Everyday is a different experience
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 6, 2017
At Nova Southeastern University there's always something new. You learn new things because the doctors are excellent, but management is very poor. The compensation could be better.
Just not for me
Assis Dir of Campus Life & Student Engagement (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 5, 2017
Lack of Communication
Bad business decisions
Lack of support
Ran like a corporation rather than a university
the students do not come first
Not for me but does not mean others will not enjoy it. There are some great people here and the students. The experience I've faced dealing with unfair treatment I would not wish on anyone
Great Place
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 1, 2017
I went there for my doctorate, then they employed me. I gave it up when I remarried and had my children, but can say nothing bad about the entire experience.
Productive and fun work place
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 28, 2016
I have learned how to be a better leader to friends and colleagues. I find the job to be enjoyable for the most part. I really like interacting with other people and spending time outdoors. Overall, the NSU facility has been a great place to work at.