NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY

NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Professional, Educational Workplace
EXAM PROCTOR (Former Employee), Davie, FLApril 24, 2014
Pros: job security, benefits, work hours
Cons: to work in that professional environment, it requires a meticulous individual.
Excellent workplace and educational environment for those who want to advance their education and be promoted. Great campus environment.
High demand enviornment
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 14, 2014
Pros: free education
Cons: 12 month school progam
Environment where it is important to stick to the daily schedule. The importance and pursuit of higher education is encourage as there is tuition reimbursement avaliable
NSU provided me an opportunity to grow in both training and technology skills
On-Line Market Place Coordinator (Former Employee), Davie, FLApril 11, 2014
Pros: this position allowed me to be very creative in developing educational materials
Cons: there was limited growth within the university
As part of NSU I was able to create an online purchasing system that allowed for alternative funds to be counted for in the business of this university. This position also allowed me the opportunity to develop educational programs for employees, department heads, and the students. I created educational materials and produced media material that were high in value to the training environment within the university.
Location is good
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 10, 2014
Pros: using my skills that i have
Cons: no training
A typical day at work is mostly finding out what needs to be done. I learned that what the department is time consuming. The management was okay. The co-workers were nice except when they were way to busy. The hardest part of the job was not being trained. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I did get to help other faulty members in the department.
Fun place to work.
Enrollment Student Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 28, 2014
Helping students reach their educational goals is the most enjoyable part of the job
My Duties
Senior Technology Engineer (Current Employee), Davie, FLMarch 24, 2014
Working with top level executives has lead to some great exposure and advancement, but has also been detrimental in advancing further as I would like to transition to another field but cannot do to management not wanting to replace my skill set.
benifits is awsome
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: benifits, hours of operation, knowledgeable it information
Cons: pay rate, postion advancement
Love working here, best job i ever had working here for the helpdesk. benifits is great since im a single male. but overall its great.
Refreshing
Assistant Director (Current Employee), DavieJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: benefits: tuition waiver, holidays, pto and perks
Cons: pay is average for a non-profit institution
Let me start by saying no place of employment is perfect. With that said, I am really enjoying working for Nova. Lots of on-boarding training has been provided, making sure you understand what is expected of a Nova Employee and all the eligible benefits. This place represents my expectations of a work/life balance. Work hard during working hours, with flexibility available. I believe the time frame provided to complete any given task/duties are more often realistic, than not. The pay is average by non-profit institution standards. I see myself working for Nova for many years to come.
Overall
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), Davie, FLJanuary 17, 2014
Cool place to work. primary duties were to assist students and professors with any of their technical issues.
My students made it a great place to teach
Adjunct Professor in the MIBA program (Former Employee), Davie, FLJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: relative autonomy in my classes as long as the material was covered.
Cons: i never received feedback from the dean or dept chair
As an adjunct there is no such thing as a typical day at work. When I teach on campus courses are a total of 6 hours every other weekend. I spend at least that amount of time preparing for class. In addition to making sure I cover the key points for each topic I create exercises that students break into small groups to complete. Those exercises are where students tell me they really learn. What I learn is that they have to play an active role in their education. Lecturing alone doesn't do it. I had very little interaction with management or co-workers except the Department Chair with whom I co-wrote an article that was published. The hardest part of the job is grading 40 term papers at the end of the semester. I have a goal of completing the grading in no more than 4 days and I write extensive comments on each paper. Students tell me that many professors don't even return their papers let alone justify the grades that the students receive. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction I have with my students. Even on line I have devised a way to approximate discussions each week that are similar to what takes place in a campus class. i think above everything the absolute most enjoyable part of my job is learning from my students.
ex
ex (Former Employee), exDecember 14, 2013
NSU is a back stabber and lays you off when they dont like you, avoid evil university

March 18, 2014

agrees with you Im another victim of NSU when you need them the most they back stab you

NSU
Pre-Doc Clinical Instructor/Faculty/Administrator (Current Employee), 1300 College AveDecember 3, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: no opportunity for advancement
A typical day at work consists of charts for patients to be treated for the week. Entering data into software program and creating spreadsheets to record data. Managment skill are fulltime and can be tedious on a daily basis. co-workers are cooperative. Hardest part is finding time to complete all tasks. My patients.
Great Place to work
CLERK (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 12, 2013
It was a pleasure to work at Nova Southeastern University. It was a pleasant environment to work. My coworkers were very helpful.
Excellent compensation and freedom to work on your own
Clinical Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Fort Myers FloridaNovember 1, 2013
I have found that this company offers me the opportunity to be very self-directed while continuing to stay within the organizations goals.
An engaging and challenging experience working with prosepctive doctors
MI Case Specialist Consultant (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 29, 2013
Pros: the lasting relationship developed with aspiring student doctors
Cons: lack of time to provide supportive
.case management
.medical transcription
.doctor patient review process
.medical terminology protocol
Team oriented and rewarding place to work
Adjunct faculty (Current Employee), Kendall, FLOctober 22, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: no benefits or full time faculty available
Becoming part of the success of a student and watching them succeed is the most rewarding experience for a teacher. I enjoy spending six weeks in classroom teaching then the next eight weeks in the hospital clinical area.

The employees work together to make it the most rewarding atmosphere as possible.
Excellent workplace with fine opportunities
Director of protective services (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 18, 2013
Pros: good opportunities
Cons: many colleagues had retired and left
Excellent workplace with fine opportunities.
Allowed me to rise to an excellent career achievement.
Coworker and subordinate employees were high-level performance dedicated to the goals and objectives of the university - protecting students, staff, employees and visitors to the campuses.
Such a wonderful place to work!
Assistant Director of Student Affairs (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 27, 2013
It will be hard to leave this place if I ever decided to. This place has a relaxed but high performing atmosphere.
Fun Workplace
Public Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Davie, FLSeptember 16, 2013
Whenever left to do their jobs the way they were trained staff would complete all tasks efficiently and effectively. Management was poor
Professor/Preceptor
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Fort Meyers, FLSeptember 10, 2013
Great place to work and learn.
Precepted Students and Guest lectures

About NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY

Nova Southeastern University (NSU) gives a whole new meaning to "school of sharks." NSU, whose mascot is the deep sea predator, – Read more

NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY Salaries