Nova Southeastern University Employee Reviews in United States

Toxic Culture
DIRECTOR PHYSICAL PLANT (Former Employee) –  Davie-Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 6, 2015
Management did not have a high regard for Physical Plant (Maintenance) personnel. The Physical Plant Department was always understaffed and underfunded.
Pros
Highly Skilled Tradespeople
Cons
Toxic Culture
Minimum supervison and wonderful place to work
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FloridaSeptember 21, 2015
Only two persons in the department. Myself and director. Have my own private office space as I had to deal with confidential staff information. Very supportive manager and staff members in other units. Was able to provide support to other departments, marketing and finance. This allowed me to gain experience in these areas. Resigned to return to Jamaica.
Pros
Tuition Waiver
Cons
No room for growth
Best dead end job, EVER!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 17, 2015
100% free tuition at the undergraduate level. TAKE ADVANTAGE of the opportunity!
Communication within departments & across campus is poor.
Pros
Stable job. Culture is pleasant.
Cons
Your paycheck will depress you, it takes about 4 days to recover, No room for growth or advancement. Forget about being promoted.
Fun and enjoyable place to work
IT Lab Services (Former Employee) –  West Miami, FLNovember 14, 2015
Real academic environment to work as professional. During a typical day at work the co-workers and students generate a most enjoyable day.
Pros
Work with colleagues and learning from them
Cons
Difficult get a full time permanent job at Kendall campus
Really loved working for Nova
Administrative support (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLSeptember 4, 2014
Made good friends and enjoyed the work that I did. Was given more responsibilities to ease the work load of my supervisor. Learned a lot from my supervisor too.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
difficult to advance.
good work life balance
Recruiter, Division of Applied Interdisciplinary (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 26, 2015
I have learned project management, project implementation, staff management, recruitment, event management, public speaking, writing, communication, phone delivery.
Excellent workplace
Faculty Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 4, 2015
Nova Southeastern university has professional work environment with supportive supervisor staff. Nova is an employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. They recognize the value of diversity in every aspect of the workplace. In Nova learned useful skills useful for my professional life in the conflict Resolution field.
Pros
Supportive management
Great Job
Sterilization Technician (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 18, 2015
Stress free environment. Great place to work because of all the future dentist. They also give plenty of opportunity to grow.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
No cons
worst job of my life
n-a (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 20, 2015
I came into the job with recommendations from former students as well as someone who used to work there. Unfortunately, their recommendations ill prepared me for obtaining the worst job of my life.

The main thing is the campus seems a continual mess. Many people don't seem to have much knowledge for their position or what they are doing. Some areas are years behind in their work. There is micromanaging from the top down. Bullying is an everyday affair and not only tolerated but encouraged by lack of management disapproval. There are no anti-bullying services for employees. If you get a bad review or have problems with a supervisor, you have no mediation services and HR will not help you. You've had the good ole boys who have been there forever, and some people quit like wildfire. They outsource some jobs. Pay is incredibly unequal with some making dirt nothing and some making some of the highest compensation in their field, even compared to better universities. Some people get treated like kings and queens with all kinds of perks, and others get so little budget, they can barely have the basic office necessities.

There is incredible stress to perform. Even if you are amazing and do an amazing job, it will go unrewarded. In fact, some of the incompetent ones will become extremely jealous and want to ruin you. It's weird because some incompetent people stay years without getting fired, and the competent ones are persecuted.

There is little room for advancement with such a small workforce. The under-staffment of the university makes workloads difficult.

I'm concerned about
  more... the financial state of the university as we are always seem to be hearing about budget cuts and enrollment going down.

I am so stressed all of the time from the worst management I have ever experienced (even in my lowliest of jobs), that my health is failing.
Pros
relatively good benefits; good hours
Cons
bullying, unequal treatment, disorganization
NSU - College of Optometry
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLMay 22, 2012
It was a great place to build experience in an administrative/mid management level.
Pros
colleagues, benefits, hours, compensation
Referral Patient Coordinator/ Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLOctober 21, 2012
the company could pay more but the benefits are great, you only can work a 37.5 biweekly. You can barely make a living off those hours and below pay.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
doesn't pay enough
A great place to work.
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 22, 2014
The faculty, staff and students are a pleasure to work with. The university is a positive environment that fosters success.
Pros
tuition assistance and generous benefits.
Cons
n/a
Relaxed but productive workplace
Contact Lens Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Davie, FloridaAugust 25, 2015
Nova is a wonderful place to work. The job/life balance is almost unbeatable. My position is fast-paced and can be overwhelming to those who prefer a slower job pace. My co-workers have become family, and the management is awesome.
Profesionalism
Enrollment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  JACKSONVILLE, FLJune 19, 2015
At nsu work was always busy. Either I was answering calls or updating student information or informing students of upcoming events through newsletters and even booking rooms for classes and other events.
This was my first real job in the professional environment. I learn to be punctual, professional, diligent, be able to learn from others, learn how to communicate with others, provide excellent service to staff, students and prospects.
Scheduling was the hardest part of my job since there are always changes and always trying to accommodate the person or group to the best rooms we could provide.
Pros
I WAS ABLE TO GROW PROFFECIONALLY AND IMPROVE KNOWLEDGE
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Davie FLOctober 25, 2012
great place to work, lots of oppurtunity to learn new technology. Benefits are not that good
Great school and workplace!
Computer System Admin II (Former Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleFebruary 6, 2012
Great friendly atmosphere and people to work with. The schooling is pronominal.
Pros
free school, 401k, health, dental..
Cons
n/a
no review
Teaching Assistant/ Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 12, 2015
one of my favorite places I have been, great location, beautiful city and wonderful employees, would love to stay here for more years
great study/work experience
research assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 24, 2012
- good research opportunity, but the salary is nothing special
Great Place to Work
Market Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLSeptember 2, 2015
NSU is a great place to work! If you are ready to grow personally and professionally then you would do well in any position available at the University.
Flexible hours
Tech Services- Law Library (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 10, 2015
Great opportunity while your in school.

Flexibility to come in whenever you want. Work around class times.

Replace old law reports with new updated sheets. Organize library.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nova Southeastern University. Our community is ready to answer.

Nova Southeastern University Reviews by Location