Nova Employee Reviews

Production & Manufacturing,
Encapsulation Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTMay 16, 2016
Good place to work as for as benefits , but management is ran poorly.The one good thing i loved about nova was the people i worked with the hardest part of the job was breaking the machines down in putting them back together the thing i loved about the job was getting hours in time off.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and Fun Workplace
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Weber City, VAAugust 22, 2016
It was nice place to work in. I had fun there because the co-workers were nice and the people you take care of are amazing to talk to. I learned to manage my time wisely, how to work under pressure, and be flexible to any situation.
Great small company
PM Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandMarch 8, 2016
Depending on your circumstances, TeleWork is not a problem. Primarily a company that fills Contract FTE requirements, so your location will based on the contract language/location. While there are some growing pains, it is moving in the right direction and I see good things coming.
Dangerous, exciting
Intake Coordinator/Group Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 17, 2016
This was my favorite job by far. Unfortunately my last supervisor created a hostile, and awkward work environment on top of the stress related to the work.
Pros
my co workers in the police dept
Cons
sometimes the hours
Great shop guys.
Structural Welder (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAMarch 17, 2016
more communication from management, could be better pay. Excellent benefits. Good place to learn the trade, diverse work environment. No room to advance.
Pros
Safety conciencious employer
Cons
lack of communication
Horrrible
Molding Operator (Former Employee) –  Fraser, MIMarch 30, 2016
No job security(No room for growth), terrible management, co workers. They over work their associates, the manager was always sleep in his office. Just save yourself the time etc
Great part-time student job
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 29, 2016
It was a good experience to be a part of a research project that built modules that collected data from thousands of miles away. It was a laid back, non-stressful environment.
answering phones
opertor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 25, 2015
took calls and dispatch cross connect dr's to er rooms and nurses for er also dispatch tow calls for towing and g.o. cost when asked. work graveyards for 30 years/did billing for company. how to deal with people of all kinds.saw manager maybe once a month. worked with 2 people for an hour a night and 1 person at 5:30 to 7a 5 to 6 days a week.nothing hard about the job. love the contact with customers and the control you have.
Pros
great boss and employees
Cons
nothing
Awesome casual dress
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VADecember 1, 2015
Family like environment. Management and co-workers are great. Very flexible. Service industry so can be stressful. Compensated well for my duties.
best company to work for
Warehouse/Print Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 6, 2015
loved it here i worked hear when i was a teenager, typical day at work was the basics helping my manager out with the daily tasks at hand i learned how to print and fix already printed papers how to bind them together,management i loved both my bosses were good people treated me with the upmost respect there was no hard part of the job i enjoyed every minute of it there.
Pros
learned alot funny but cool staft
Cons
didnt get to work there as long as i wish i could
Very fast paced
Lead Staff and trainer (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJuly 29, 2015
Everyone worked as a team and supported each other. The supervisors were wonderful and cared about the employees. They had great training programs.
Pros
Good chance for advancement
Cons
Sometimes short staffed
Good school. Good campus
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 7, 2015
I enjoyed being an instructor at the Alexandria campus of NOVA. The facilities are up to date with the latest technology, but what makes the campus special is the students. A diverse culture of gifted people trying to better their lives. I enjoyed teaching composition there immensely.
Good school to attend
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 25, 2015
I tempted there for free for a few hours a week while I attended school. I didn't have a chance to learn anything didn't stay long enough. I didn't really know my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was being there when it was really slow. The most enjoyable part of the job was loading software on hard drives.
Two week 3d modeling job, work from home
3d Artist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 18, 2013
I worked from home to build to-scale digital 3d models of their construction on their building. I would get my instruction or feedback through email or phone, and I was given blue prints to refer for actual dimensions.

I was the only person hired in for this job and I had very little experience so it was very nerve-wracking. I had no exposure to reading blue prints so I had to teach myself in a couple hours. The project deadline was so close even from day one but I was able to learn new things and produce exactly what they needed.
Pros
work from home, quick money
Cons
worked alone, very short deadline, many all-nighters
Cultural Diversified along with homely working enviroment.
Statistical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAOctober 3, 2012
Its one of the great working place where you are set on your own. The management along with all supporting staff are very friendly and help in every bit of need. The most interesting part is the student that comes here to learn and has a spark in learning which keeps our self all the time motivated to learn.
Pros
great parking space, security.
Cons
long break
Field Tech Supervisor
Field Tech Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 13, 2012
Supervisor over the field technicians; Managed all recover wells throughout the State of Texas; Pull groundwater samples, while performing groundwater sampling I would use various methods and tools; Recovered Oil off the top of the water table with water boilers and recovery pumps; Following safety procedure and test that were given from numerous agencies.
Pros
nice environment
Safe and easy access to work place.
Co-Occurring Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ.January 29, 2013
A typical work day for me starts at 7:30 am with meeting with clinical teams to address clients need on a daily basis. I always try to coordinate with case manager to identify each client to insure proper resorces are in place.
Pros
helping others get their lives back on track.
Cons
the feeling of not helping everybody meet their needs.
Not too shabby
Sales Representative & Product Development (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2015
Love this company, but there is little opportunity for growth! Also, there is a slight lack of management, although she is very nice!
I loved working for NOVA and helping others.
Medical records coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 24, 2014
I was sorry to see that there was lay offs for 13 employees. I knew it couldn't be helped. If I had the chance to do it all again.....of course I would. I love helping other people. I loved everyone I worked with. It was a lot of hard work and I was always busy......loved it.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing bad to say.
good people to work with.
ACCOUNT SET-UP COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 19, 2012
enjoyed the type work there. Very detailed. Manager was always willing to help or just listen. Hardest part of job was the constant changing of rules for production and disiplinary tatics set by the company.
Pros
people there are friendly, enjoyed the work type
Cons
type disipline when production is not met