Nova Employee Reviews

Very fast paced
Lead Staff and trainer (Former Employee), Redding, CAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Good chance for advancement
Cons: Sometimes short staffed
Everyone worked as a team and supported each other. The supervisors were wonderful and cared about the employees. They had great training programs.
Not too shabby
Sales Representative & Product Development (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 9, 2015
Love this company, but there is little opportunity for growth! Also, there is a slight lack of management, although she is very nice!
Loved working here...
Paraprofessional (Former Employee), Kinston, NCMay 26, 2015
This was one of the best jobs I have ever had. Wish that the company would have stayed open longer. But all good things must come to an end.
best company to work for
Warehouse/Print Shop Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAMay 6, 2015
Pros: learned alot funny but cool staft
Cons: didnt get to work there as long as i wish i could
loved it here i worked hear when i was a teenager, typical day at work was the basics helping my manager out with the daily tasks at hand i learned how to print and fix already printed papers how to bind them together,management i loved both my bosses were good people treated me with the upmost respect there was no hard part of the job i enjoyed every minute of it there.
Good school. Good campus
Instructor (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAApril 7, 2015
I enjoyed being an instructor at the Alexandria campus of NOVA. The facilities are up to date with the latest technology, but what makes the campus special is the students. A diverse culture of gifted people trying to better their lives. I enjoyed teaching composition there immensely.
Working with children is great
Habilitation Technician (Former Employee), kinston, ncApril 6, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: none
Supervised consumers on daily activities
logged life skills for treatment plans
planned meals and structure for the consumers
Good school to attend
Help Desk (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAJanuary 25, 2015
I tempted there for free for a few hours a week while I attended school. I didn't have a chance to learn anything didn't stay long enough. I didn't really know my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was being there when it was really slow. The most enjoyable part of the job was loading software on hard drives.
fun eviorment very fast pace
Machinist (Former Employee), clinton TennesseeNovember 10, 2014
Pros: grate place to learn nice people terific owners
I really enjoyed my time here, although it was to short due to lay off , but overall it was a grate place to start out in my career.
alot of work
Data Entry/Security Verification Clerk (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNOctober 27, 2014
Pros: busy work environment
Cons: position was eliminated when company was bought out
Did lots of data entry, verification of accounts, reconciliation of customer accounts monthly.
Great Co-workers
Behavioral Specialist (Former Employee), Kinston, NCJuly 17, 2014
Worked with juveniles and average day consist of teaching them independent living skills and finding ways to cope positively with issues in their lives and making better choices.
Overall experience was hands on. Great work environment
Aministrative Assistant/ temp (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2014
I was hired to fill in for administrator while doing my internship. She was out with illness. Great opportunity to get experience.
Helping those in need
Youth Counselor (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCMarch 19, 2014
Pros: seeing clients do well
Cons: seeing clients deteriorate
Working at NOVA was very challenging. I had to always be watchful and aware of manipulative personalities
I loved working for NOVA and helping others.
Medical records coordinator (Former Employee), Glendale, AZFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing bad to say.
I was sorry to see that there was lay offs for 13 employees. I knew it couldn't be helped. If I had the chance to do it all again.....of course I would. I love helping other people. I loved everyone I worked with. It was a lot of hard work and I was always busy......loved it.
learned what manufacturing is about
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Minneapolis MN.September 30, 2013
Pros: able set our own time to work
It is interesting working at NOVA as i have learned how manufacturing has different aspects to it.
I enjoy working at Nova
Youth Service Worker (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 2, 2013
Pros: i love working with the children and helping families with substance abuse.
Cons: there is no overtime and not enough salary wise to take care of my family.
A typical work day is to make sure the youth at the treatment center wake up on time, eat breakfast and take their morning medication. They then go to school or enjoy an outside or recreational activity. After that they have group with a therapist for about 3 hours while staff document and make sure youth are engaged in the community and school activities. I have learned a great deal about treatment plans and how those with mental illness and substance abuse thinks. The hardest part of my job is the children speaking to staff disrespectfully and being allowed to hold them to account for personal issues. I do manage my time great at this job and make sure all paper work in completed before my shift is over and pass on the days' activities along to the next shift after me. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking and teaching the children life skills and watching them understand how better their life can be without drugs and alcohol. Also my co-workers make the job that much better to come to everyday.
Two week 3d modeling job, work from home
3d Artist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 18, 2013
Pros: work from home, quick money
Cons: worked alone, very short deadline, many all-nighters
I worked from home to build to-scale digital 3d models of their construction on their building. I would get my instruction or feedback through email or phone, and I was given blue prints to refer for actual dimensions.

I was the only person hired in for this job and I had very little experience so it was very nerve-wracking. I had no exposure to reading blue prints so I had to teach myself in a couple hours. The project deadline was so close even from day one but I was able to learn new things and produce exactly what they needed.
My longest job ever!
Habilitation Technician (Current Employee), Goldsboro, NCMay 6, 2013
Pros: n\a
Cons: 12 hour shifts
This job is okay, I love helping others and that's why I like this job. The management is ok, not the best. I just wish that they would promote furthering your education.
Great Company
Office Manager / Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Powell, TNApril 16, 2013
Pros: great positon
Cons: laid off
I was laid-off due to lack of work.

Please contact me for additional information.
Safe and easy access to work place.
Co-Occurring Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZ.January 29, 2013
Pros: helping others get their lives back on track.
Cons: the feeling of not helping everybody meet their needs.
A typical work day for me starts at 7:30 am with meeting with clinical teams to address clients need on a daily basis. I always try to coordinate with case manager to identify each client to insure proper resorces are in place.
the hardest part of the job
Science Writer / Digital Media Producer (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 25, 2013
This is the most challenging job I've ever had because we're trying to do something that hasn't been done before. Exciting and scary.