Nova

Nova Employer Reviews

Helping those in need
Youth Counselor (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCMarch 19, 2014
Pros: seeing clients do well
Cons: seeing clients deteriorate
Working at NOVA was very challenging. I had to always be watchful and aware of manipulative personalities
I loved working for NOVA and helping others.
Medical records coordinator (Former Employee), Glendale, AZFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing bad to say.
I was sorry to see that there was lay offs for 13 employees. I knew it couldn't be helped. If I had the chance to do it all again.....of course I would. I love helping other people. I loved everyone I worked with. It was a lot of hard work and I was always busy......loved it.
learned what manufacturing is about
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Minneapolis MN.September 30, 2013
Pros: able set our own time to work
It is interesting working at NOVA as i have learned how manufacturing has different aspects to it.
It was definitely a working experience
English Instructor (Former Employee), Kumamoto, JapanSeptember 11, 2013
Great pay. Interesting work schedule. I taught mostly adults and few children.
Amazing opportunity to live in Japan and teach and work among citizens of the English speaking world
Private English Tutor (Former Employee), Shin-Yokohoma, JapanJuly 15, 2013
Pros: cultural experience, very rewarding to watch the students progressions
Cons: no weekends off or public national holidays
This was an amazing job. I loved being able to live and work in Japan for two years. The job was long and frustrating at times and at other times was beautifully rewarding and allowed me to truly immerse myself in a truly alien culture. The food, the architecture, the music, the fashion, and the constitution of Tokyo was superb. In addition to living – more... in Japan it was a enlightening experience to work with people from Australian, New Zealand, England, Scotland, Canada, Ireland, and South Africa. The hardest part of the job was acclimating myself to such a high paced full throttle city and controlling my desire to do everything at once with exhausting myself. – less
I enjoy working at Nova
Youth Service Worker (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 2, 2013
Pros: i love working with the children and helping families with substance abuse.
Cons: there is no overtime and not enough salary wise to take care of my family.
A typical work day is to make sure the youth at the treatment center wake up on time, eat breakfast and take their morning medication. They then go to school or enjoy an outside or recreational activity. After that they have group with a therapist for about 3 hours while staff document and make sure youth are engaged in the community and school activities. – more... I have learned a great deal about treatment plans and how those with mental illness and substance abuse thinks. The hardest part of my job is the children speaking to staff disrespectfully and being allowed to hold them to account for personal issues. I do manage my time great at this job and make sure all paper work in completed before my shift is over and pass on the days' activities along to the next shift after me. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking and teaching the children life skills and watching them understand how better their life can be without drugs and alcohol. Also my co-workers make the job that much better to come to everyday. – less
Two week 3d modeling job, work from home
3d Artist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 18, 2013
Pros: work from home, quick money
Cons: worked alone, very short deadline, many all-nighters
I worked from home to build to-scale digital 3d models of their construction on their building. I would get my instruction or feedback through email or phone, and I was given blue prints to refer for actual dimensions.

I was the only person hired in for this job and I had very little experience so it was very nerve-wracking. I had no exposure to reading – more... blue prints so I had to teach myself in a couple hours. The project deadline was so close even from day one but I was able to learn new things and produce exactly what they needed. – less
My longest job ever!
Habilitation Technician (Current Employee), Goldsboro, NCMay 6, 2013
Pros: n\a
Cons: 12 hour shifts
This job is okay, I love helping others and that's why I like this job. The management is ok, not the best. I just wish that they would promote furthering your education.
Great Company
Office Manager / Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Powell, TNApril 16, 2013
Pros: great positon
Cons: laid off
I was laid-off due to lack of work.

Please contact me for additional information.
Safe and easy access to work place.
Co-Occurring Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZ.January 29, 2013
Pros: helping others get their lives back on track.
Cons: the feeling of not helping everybody meet their needs.
A typical work day for me starts at 7:30 am with meeting with clinical teams to address clients need on a daily basis. I always try to coordinate with case manager to identify each client to insure proper resorces are in place.
the hardest part of the job
Science Writer / Digital Media Producer (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 25, 2013
This is the most challenging job I've ever had because we're trying to do something that hasn't been done before. Exciting and scary.
Fabric Store
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAOctober 23, 2012
My typical day at work was Greeting customers, and providing customer service by assisting them to locate the products. Cut fabrics. Handled and organized fabric in store. Restocked merchandise. Alphabetized office binders. Cleaned work areas.
Tough to work with local & country monies
Career Advisor (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CASeptember 5, 2012
I was only a "casual" employee so I did not have benefits. There was a lot of pressure for the full-time workers, as each year, on July 1, the state budget was released and they would learn if they still were employed.
Field Tech Supervisor
Field Tech Supervisor (Former Employee), Midland, TXAugust 13, 2012
Pros: nice environment
Supervisor over the field technicians; Managed all recover wells throughout the State of Texas; Pull groundwater samples, while performing groundwater sampling I would use various methods and tools; Recovered Oil off the top of the water table with water boilers and recovery pumps; Following safety procedure and test that were given from numerous agencies.
Extremely rewarding.
Care Provider (Former Employee), Chico, CAJune 24, 2012
Working with disabled adult, you build a strong personal bond with them. The pay check is not what its about, knowing that the men who reside here count on you and need you is priceless.
As President I built the best Team in the industry...
President & CEO (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 3, 2012
Great President and Management....
Great Teammates and Co Workers
good people to work with.
ACCOUNT SET-UP COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 19, 2012
Pros: people there are friendly, enjoyed the work type
Cons: type disipline when production is not met
enjoyed the type work there. Very detailed. Manager was always willing to help or just listen. Hardest part of job was the constant changing of rules for production and disiplinary tatics set by the company.
agradavel
ajudante operacional (Former Employee), Itapevi, SPFebruary 19, 2014
boa,comprometimento com o colaborador,aprendi algo novo sobre logística q não conhecia,era um local onde sempre tiravámos
as duvidas e os colegas sempre nos orientavam.
só num gostei porq a empresa se mudou para cajamar
coferente de mercadoria (Former Employee), Guarulhos, SPSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: sim
Cons: nao
bom a empresa me deu a oportunidade de ser coferente e de ser uma pessoa resposavel,e ter muit entendimento sobre o serviço a ser bem feito.
Ambiente de trabajo Tranquilo
Instalador de Equipos GNC (Former Employee), Córdoba, XAugust 27, 2013
se aprendia mucho del rubro por los compañeros y el encargado