Novadent, Inc. is in the business of operating dental laboratories in North America. These dental laboratories are engaged in the design and fabrication of crowns, bridges and other dental prosthetic appliances whose primary customers are dentists and other dental laboratories. The company is posed for significant growth.
Responsibilities include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
2. Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable where practical.
3. Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
4. Supervise to ensure payroll in a timely manner
5. Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
6. Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
7. Maintain the chart of accounts
8. Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
9. Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
10. Review the inventory valuation process.
1. Issue timely and complete financial statements
2. Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
3. Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
4. Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
5. Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
6. Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
7. Provide for a system of management cost reports
8. Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
1. Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
2. Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
The Senior Account candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 3+ years of progressively responsible experience.
Exceptional computer skills in the operation and functioning of all programs used by the organization, i.e., Microsoft Office productions. Skills in Great Plains or similar accounting platforms will be highly recognized.
Competitive and experienced based, including 401K, health, dental, vision & vacation.