Novant Health Employee Reviews

PRN Float Pool
Patient Service Coordinator Level Two (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCSeptember 22, 2017
I began working for Novant Health in the company's Float Pool. This job has excellent computer system training for new employees before they begin their two week in practice training. Do be aware that with the float pool they do require a 6month contract for employees to work in the pool before they can seek or except a full time position at a specific location. The hours are as you set them, so you have great flexibility with your schedule. The company gave me a 401K even being PRN. Once you go full time then you will receive more benefits- insurance, PTO, and some places do bonuses. The pace of the job depended on the location and whether or not you worked in a family practice setting, specialty setting(sometimes located in hospitals), or urgent care. My experience with this job was great and I recommend many people to consider Novant.
Pros
Felxibilty, Good company, Benefits
Cons
none worth mentioning
Novant Health
Novant Health Business Office Lead (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 21, 2017
I worked at Novant for 15 years. During my time with them I was able to advance into a supervisors position which I really enjoyed. Novant is a well rounded company but can be stressful at time.
Mgmt is not accessible.
OR Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Randolph Rd.September 19, 2017
Love working with the physicians and scheduling with their surgery schedulers for the main OR at the hospital. Making sure schedulers are getting their doctors time in the OR and correctly scheduling for their patients.
Pros
No physician interaction
Cons
commute, very little chance for advancement.
Harassment by upper management
Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 19, 2017
The upper management (executives) harass the workers. You have the option to take situations to HR, but they rarely have the power to help you. It's an unfortunate situation. I had to find other employment due to the continuous bullying and retaliation.
Pros
Hours / Benefits
Cons
Rules are not followed and there is no help for those seeking assistance.
Don't work there
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 17, 2017
Novant used to be a great place to work. It was full of life and energy. Staff was always happy. But in 2011 new people came into the corporate office to take place of some that were retiring. After that the decline began. You were no longer allowed to question your managers without a target on your back. Novant only wants yes people. I beg you not to work there.
Good healthcare organization
Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 13, 2017
Great job and opportunity for advancement. High level of performance expectations for administrative leaders. High level of satisfaction in providing services to the patient community.
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
some leaders
Not the best company
Surgical Assistant and EKG telemetry technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 13, 2017
Not too bad of place to work but my personal experiences wasn't too great. I've had a doctor hit me and he is still working their. I've been called out my name. I've dealt with racism just for a person to get a write up. I put in a lot of over time for when they are short staff and it gets looked over.
Benefits
Cons
short breaks
Nice place to work
CNA 11 (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 13, 2017
This is a very nice place to work. The hours was just not what I could do any longer. The only problem is we were a little short staffed sometimes. Also I was told I was going to get a position 1st shift and that never happened and I was there for over a year..
Lab Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCSeptember 9, 2017
I have enjoyed working at Novant but feel there is no room for me to move up. It is a great company. I work with great people that work great together.
Pros
great people
Cons
can't think of any
Excellent Place to work
Neurosurgeon Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 9, 2017
Novant Health is a great place to work and Learn many different parts of the jobs. The CEO really cares about his Team Members, He is down to Earth and really believes in People Credo.
Pros
Great Manager, Very Supportive
Cons
NO Over Time
Management did not take employees concerns seriously
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCSeptember 1, 2017
Management put a lot on new team members. When I would come in to work I would not know what I was coming into. One day I would be in med surg, next day I would be in either the ED or mother and baby and I did not like that because I was not familiar with that department and the people there did not have the time to teach me how they do things so I felt belittled.
Pros
only working 3 days out of the week
stressful,
Patient Services Coordinator lll (Former Employee) –  Southport, NCAugust 31, 2017
There were a few employees that worked there that were not nice which made my job more stressful than it should have been. I liked the patients but was told I was too nice and spent too much time with them.
N/a
Corporate Educator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 30, 2017
Excellent place to work. Great place Family atmosphere good pay and time off some travel lots of change but good I enjoyed the rebranding process and learned a lot
Favoritism/Backbiting
PSC III (Former Employee) –  Bolivia, NCAugust 27, 2017
Think before you accept high turnover across the board from clinical to clerical. Alot of clicks and lying. You're never told the truth about much. You always have to watch your back instead of focusing on doing a great job. I would not have my dog work there.
Pros
Cons
Horrible place to be
Bad culture, take advantage of salaried employees
Corporate (Individual Contributor) (Former Employee) –  NCAugust 27, 2017
I'm desperately trying to leave this organization. Every department is understaffed and it seems to be intentional. I constantly hear from certain staff some variation of "its not my job". Heavy routine weekend work is required if I want the week to go smoothly. The hiring "pause" is spreading existing resources too thin. There is no prioritization of needs so everything is high priority despite less people to do them. I don't recommend this org. There are some bright spots but not enough to stay.
Pros
My paycheck
Cons
stress, long days, vague directions, unclear expectations, medical insurance, disorganization
Na
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 24, 2017
Ok place to work. Fast paced. Little communication. Enjoyed taking care of my patients. Staff to patient ratio is good but often short staffed. Turnover rate in my department was extremely high
"Enjoyed my job the first few years then changed management it was awfull after that
Patient Service Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCAugust 24, 2017
Always felt like you were being watched. Management was the worst. If someone was desperate for a job I might tell them about Novant.

The only enjoyable part of my job was the patients. They always made my day. Either dealing with them on the phone or in person. They always had a way of lighting up my life. I hope I did the same for them. Of course management didn't like that or should I say new management didn't.
Good company
Educational Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 20, 2017
I found the organization to be very client focused, strategic in its planning, and one that struck a nice balance of policy and practicality. There is room for improvement in business operations- looking beyond the frame of healthcare, to operate with tighter business acumen by way of marketing and HR planning.
Pros
Cons
Compensation
Look else where.
Point B, assisting anyone who is lost (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCAugust 20, 2017
The health care is good but the job is no good. No matter how hard you work someone will try to find ways to get rid of you. Management only looks out for themselves when it comes to raises and job advancement.
Well balanced
Data Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indian Land, SCAugust 16, 2017
Depending on the department you are in, there is a decent opportunity to advance. Some managers can play favorites. Work/life balance is great. Pay is decent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novant Health. Our community is ready to answer.