Novartis Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Sr. Administrative Assistant to Senior VP (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJJune 26, 2017
The culture is quite different here, however, it is what you make it. You look for people to smile at you or say good morning you set the atmosphere and go from there. My department if fantastic. I have never worked with a group of multi-curlural people in my life and they are great. I set the tone for me, and do not way for people to approach me I approach them with a smile and good morning.

I'm a contractor and don't know about the Compensation/Benefit package. Nor do I have any knowledge of Job Security/Advancement. Management treats me well.
Cardio BU
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJJune 26, 2017
Novartis is a wonderful company when working in the right department - this Cardio BU is NOT where you would want to work - way too many back stabbers & degrading management
Pros
summer hours
Cons
horrible magement
Productive and fun work environment
Consultant (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJJune 25, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of entering the office and starting the day after talking to colleagues. I learned that the company values innovation and transparency.
Good products, bad top managment
Cardiovascular Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 23, 2017
Very disorganized, poor training, poor Top management. All about checking the box and not much thought put in to a sales development program. Not good place to work
good place to work
Data Analyst/Reporting BI (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 22, 2017
This is great place to work so i recommend to get in this place as early you can. culture is very respectable and enjoyable most managers do not push you much.
Strong company
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJune 21, 2017
They encouraged getting the business from providers who you could talk to and not just call on everyone to meet call per day objectives.
Management was good in the last 6 years I was there.
They did consider family first
Pros
Strong comopany supports the employee
Cons
Nothing strong in the pipeline
Freedom to work independently with clients and rewarding my design skills. Beautiful campus and cafeterias providing health foods.
SENIOR DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJJune 21, 2017
Supervisor organized work flow. I would receive between 6-10 projects a day to design.
They provided in-house and off-site training on design and new software.
Management was organized and accommodating to problems.
Workplace culture was excellent.
Hardest part of job was many overtime hours.
Most enjoyable part of job was designing and working with customers.
Pros
Company provided a gym for exercise, nurses station and superior cafeterias.
Cons
Many overtime hours exceeding 70 hours a week.
productive company
Scientific Technical Leader II (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 20, 2017
Good place to work.
Do good science there,
productive company,
employees are well paid
It is hard to publish a paper
people are very nice to each other
Large company, not as often responsive to employees input - although they ask in yearly surveys
Senior Area Business Leader (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJJune 17, 2017
Large pharma with good benefits package, however found they were not often responsive to employee input, & workplace culture highly influenced by European Headquarters.
Workplace culture
Storage Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 16, 2017
Very casual environment, coworkers easy to get along with and had the opportunity to work with others in various locations around the world. The flexible work environment was a great bonus.

Want to know more about Novartis?

Ask a question
never had a problem
Executive Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJJune 13, 2017
I spent a decade at Novartis. It is hard for me to review Novartis since its been a decade since I have worked there. I remember I enjoyed working there and it was a good stable job.
A day of work at Novartis Humacao
Quality Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Humacao Municipio, PRJune 10, 2017
Very busy and demanding. Many changes in planning and schedule , priorities and little details. Highly committed team work with high expectations and demand. A healthy but intense competitions between job partners.
Pros
Flexibility as an exempt employeer .
Cons
The matter is to complete your job at the riquired time .
good compensation, poor HQ leadership
Patient Services Liaison (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 9, 2017
direct managers are fantastic but leadership in HQ is very out of touch with field role and responsibilities

bonused on achievement of metrics but have yet to see the first metric report in three years
N/a
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 7, 2017
They were an okay company to work for. They gave me the skills that I needed in order to get my day to day job done. There pay was not that great. I was happy to move on.
Groundbreaking Science with Little Opportunity for Advancement
Environmental Health & Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 30, 2017
I worked at the San Diego, CA, site for nearly four years.

While I'm passionate about research and believe wholeheartedly in the great work that Novartis' scientists and professionals do, the organization's structure appears to place more value on tenure than performance, skill or professional ability. Basically, just because you come in, make excellent contributions and work hard does NOT mean you should expect to advance professionally; the majority of those opportunities are solely reserved for those that have simply "been there the longest."

Overall, a great organization dedicated to the advancement of medical treatment, but site- based leadership can sometimes be lacking.
Pros
On-site dining, wellness initiatives, strong employee benefits
Cons
Limited opportunity for growth, promotions reserved for those there the longest
Diversity is welcomed
Quality Monitoring Specialist (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJMay 28, 2017
Great place to work. Provides opportunities for advancement and diversity is very apparent here, which is the most enjoyable part of the job. They teat their employees well.
It was a great place to work
Senior Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Suffern, NYMay 25, 2017
Very competitive salary and benefits second to none. It wa close to home and in the early years was a very family oriented company. Plenty of training to keep up with the Pharmaceutical industry.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Became las family minded.
Management was in upheaval at that time
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Larchwood, IAMay 22, 2017
I began working for Novartis before they were purchased by Elanco. There was considerable upheaval taking place. I left prior to the acquisition due to my husband's transfer to California.
Hard working employees, talented and dedicated to patients
Oncology Launch Consultant (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJMay 20, 2017
Novartis was a great place to work, I would recommend it - the culture is pleasant and respective of consultant who are treated like employees. It's a fast paced-demanding company, but the work is all about reaching patients with the right products.
Pros
Good salary, nice environment
Cons
Location is inconvenience
Big company, little change
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJMay 19, 2017
Great company, with opportunity for advancement, but you have to be willing to hear that many things are done "just because that's the way we've always done it".... systems don't talk (clinical research), duplication of responsibilities (just because). Sites agree that the company is behind the curve of change regarding risk based monitoring, telecommuting abilities (email not available for traveling CRAs), electronic systems, site training requirements, electronic regulatory submissions by site (documents are mailed in via USPS by CRAs, with long delay in uploading to shared area), single sign-on, eCRFs, IVRS, etc.
Pros
benefits, vacation, salary, bonus
Cons
behind the times on technology, especially with regard to regulatory document submission

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novartis. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2