Novartis

Novartis Employer Reviews

Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), South FLFebruary 5, 2014
Products to Cardiologists, Neurologists, Rheumatologists, Gynecologists, Internal Medicine Physicians, and Family Practice Physicians.
Novartis Pharmacuticals Specialty/Primary Care
Promoting Alzheimer's and cardiovascular medicines (Current Employee), Owensboro, KYFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: top 7% perfomance winners earn higher commision dollars and awards
Cons: continous downsizing due to lack of products to promote.
* Outside field sales, calling on doctor's offices, pharmacies and long term care facilities by appointment or cold calls.
* Tremendous amount about the health care industry, working with medical professionals and learning scientific knowledge of medicines and how to present that information in an educational discussion.
* How to manage my time, resources, – more... customers and finances to give me the best return on my investments.
* All excellent business leaders who have earned my upmost respect for their ideas, energy, passion and dedicated work ethic.
* The uncertainty of having a job during the continuous downsizing in the pharmaceutical industry. Adapting to the changes each year, deciphering the continuous changing data and then determining who are my most important accounts to spend time with over a large geographical area.
* The freedom, rewards, and independent pride of business ownership by successfully marketing and promoting your products everyday to your decided upon accounts. – less
I
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: i had a job
Cons: overcrowding of reps in the territory
Calling on cardiovascular and IM doctors. There were too many counterparts in the same territory.I did not agree with the way they wanted calls to be made.
Overall, working for Novartis has been a fun and rewarding experience.
Senior Psychiatry Specialist (Current Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 4, 2014
I am in the sales field engaging with healthcare providers, listening to their needs.

I have had two really outstanding managers in my 9 years with Novartis. They have encouraged me to sell in my own amiable style. I have learned the importance of utilizing sales development tools like sales data and reports to enhance how I sell to my customers.

I – more... enjoy the hard challenge of meeting the providers needs of gaining insight to my products, while not infringing on their time with patients.

My favorite moments are when my customers share the stories of how they have utilized my product in the appropriate patients, where a positive outcome is the result. – less
A challenging yet rewarding experience with a top-tier industry leading pharmaceutical company.
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJFebruary 3, 2014
A typical day at Novartis involved direct sales promoting pharmaceutical products for a variety of disease states that included Hypertension/Heart Failure, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Osteoporosis and Alzheimer's Disease.

In addition to Internal Medicine and Primary Care physicians, the drugs I sold required calling heavily upon specialists that included – more... Cardiologists, Endocrinologists, Nephrologists, Neurologists, Gastroenterologists and Rheumatologists.

At Novartis I learned the value of teamwork and working together with counterparts overlapping in the same territory with some of the same physicians.

However, in some instances this could also be the most challenging part of the job. Novartis was unique in that at one time the sales force promoted three antihypertensive drugs simultaneously, which in some instances created some confusion in the minds of the physicians as to which antihypertensive they should prescribe despite our laser focus on explaining how each drug was a different class and for a different type of hypertensive patient.

The most enjoyable part of my job was promoting market-leading drugs like Diovan for hypertension and Zelnorm for Irritable Bowel Disease and calling upon the wide range of specialists listed above in the second paragraph. In addition, I enjoyed working for an industry-leading company whose representatives were consistently ranked as some of the most beneficial in the industry in yearly polls of physicians. – less
Dedicated, hard working individual who goes above and beyond what is required
Executive Sales Consultant (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJFebruary 3, 2014
Go to work early, stay late
Analyze data and utilize all the tools and resources available
Seek out new opportunities
Focus on what I can control
Get along with others
Able to work independently or as a team member
Love working with people
Enjoy analytical discussions
Hard to find enough hours in the day
Novartis is a global pharmaceutical and healthcare company that provides medicines to help patients and improve patient care.
Executive Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLFebruary 1, 2014
Novartis strives to make a difference in the lives of patients by providing high-quality products from various therapeutic areas. It has been very rewarding to know that as a sales representative, my promoted products have affected the quality of life for many patients.
Great company with a great culture
Cardiovascular Metabolic Specialist (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: great company with a fun, productive environment.
Cons: i peaked on my salary after 6 years.
I called on all types of physicians from Cardiologists to primary care. I did quick stand up calls, to sitting down for an hour over lunch to sell our products. I learned how to be the best rep in the industry and how to learn and present reprints which allowed me to distinguish myself. My manager was one of the best in the industry and constantly challenged – more... me to be the best. My co-workers were very talented and we pushed each other to be better. The hardest part of job was launching a new product with no samples and not on formulary. The most enjoyable part of the job was winning every award the company had to offer and taking trips around the world as a reward for all the hard work! – less
Productive workplace with great morale
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAJanuary 29, 2014
A great place to live with good benefits and a diverse culture.
n/a
Customer Relationship & Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee), CaribbeanJanuary 28, 2014
Customer Relations, Supply Chain, Logistics, Distribution, Sales Operations, Market Research
Great experience - close customer facing, freedom to work independently
Senior Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Summit, NJJanuary 28, 2014
Only spent 9 months at Novartis, but had excellent experience
This company is Toxic
Senior Multiple Sclerosis Specialist (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: decent salary
Cons: too much to list
I have never worked at company that promoted hostility among team members and rewards those who ride the coat tails of others. No future here.
Progressive pharmaceutical company
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Hickory, NCJanuary 26, 2014
Dedicated pharmaceutical sales representative dedicated to improving the quality of patient lives through interaction with neurologists, psychiatrists, endocrinologists, rheumatologists, cardiologists, OB/GYNs, hospitalists, orthopedic surgeons, internal medicine and primary care physicians.
Summary
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJJanuary 25, 2014
Have promoted 15 different products including five launches in 4/5 NYC Boroughs
Good benefits but stressful
Scientist (Microbiology QC (Current Employee), Suffern, NYJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: stressful
The job was typically very busy and the work environment was high paced. I improved on my time management skills as the job was self-paced.
This company has been good to me over the past 14 years.
Neuro/Psych Senior Specialist (Current Employee), KY,OH,WVJanuary 24, 2014
I have learned a lot over the past 13 years w/this company. I have had the honor to launch and sell products that have made a true difference in a persons life. I have seen it first hand and feel honor to have worked for a company that has put patients lives first.
Pharmaceuticals
Executive Respiratory Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Novartis provided me with a platform to become a very productive sales representative and sales manager.
great company with patient loss reality
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Kingsport, TNJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: positive management, great products
Cons: the loss of patient life on key products
Novartis has been a good working partner for me. they have been fair and honest . My management team has always been there for positive assistance. My co-workers have been great.
Awesome company.
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Eugene, ORJanuary 23, 2014
Love Novartis. Unfortunately, slim pipeline means lay-offs.
Research Technician/Assistant II (Former Employee), emeryville, caJanuary 20, 2014
Great place to work, lots of great talent. Plenty of learning opportunity. However if your a contractor beware, you can only work for them for 18 months before they have to let you go.

About Novartis

Novartis AG, incorporated on February 29, 1996, is a Switzerland-based holding that, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the – Read more