Novartis

Novartis Employer Reviews

What makes the line of work that we do so great . . . the people!
Executive Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: calling on specific physician offices daily makes every day different.
Cons: restructuring seen in our industy.
As an Executive Sales Consultant in the General Medicine division I call on physician offices in the Beverly Hills and Los Angeles area. We have a great management team includng my direct report. The most enjoyable part of my job are the relationships that are created and the promotion of products that help to save lives of patients.
Productive and good scope for Learning
Developer (Former Employee), Kolkata,IndiaFebruary 20, 2014
Got to learn many new things in the projects with Novartis.
Very supportive co-workers.
Productive workplace with many opportunities for advancement.
Compliance Specialist/QA Inspector (Current Employee), Suffern, NYFebruary 19, 2014
I've never really encountered a typical work day. Each day has been filled with new learnings, new experiences, and encounters. Never has there been a dull moment. My work at Novartis started off as a dispensing operator, where I acted as a sponge and absorbed all the information and knowledge that I could. I was able to work my way up to lead operator, – more... which then opened some new doors and I pursued a new role as compliance specialist. I work with some great people, but unfortunately the site that I work at is slated to close, and I need to seek out new employment. – less
Professional and Organized Organization
Sr SAP HRIS Specialist (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJFebruary 19, 2014
Have the best management and dedicated individuals in our team
Nice place to work. Hate that site is closing.
Microbiologist-Senior Scientist (Current Employee), Suffern, NYFebruary 19, 2014
Basically do everything needed in our Microbiology Lab. Testing, validation and approval of paperwork, inventory of supplies, Stock culture maintenance just to name a few.
A great place to work
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 18, 2014
Perfect for work life balance. The hardest part of the job is getting up in the morning, everything else falls into place once your out the door.
Novartis
Executive Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Northwest IndianaFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: highly competitive and rewarding sales position
Cons: limited opportunity to advance into other areas within novartis
Responsible for maximizing sales results of cardiovascular, metabolic and neurologic portfolio to my customers in Northern Indiana. These customers include: Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Long Term Care, Rheumatology, Psychiatry, Nephrology, Cardiology, and Endocrinology. Provide open communication with customers, while effectively listening – more... and responding with genuine care for their needs. Developed long-term, high-impact business relationships with key customers based on trust and respect. Consistently achieve and surpass product sales goals and expectations as evidenced by career rankings. Successfully applying leadership skills and working cross-functionally to develop many of the local and regional Sales Models. – less
Good Short Term
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: company car
Cons: few resources
The day is a full 7-5 work day. Calling on key accounts to drive business. The hardest part of the job is selling with formulary issues. The most enjoyable part is calling on the accounts.
Executive Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: .
Cons: .
Great company. Especially if you are interested in Oncology or Alcon division.
Bureaucracy
o Scientific Associate I & II (Former Employee), Cambridge MAFebruary 7, 2014
The work culture is not so bad, for a large pharma company. Composition is decent.
Fortune 500 Pharmaceutical Company
Pharmaceutical Sales Consultant (Former Employee), CAFebruary 6, 2014
Money is used for research; employees practice safe and ethical guidelines.
Good place to work.
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: salary, bonus.
Cons: luck of new products to sell.
Good company, good people.

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), South FLFebruary 5, 2014
Products to Cardiologists, Neurologists, Rheumatologists, Gynecologists, Internal Medicine Physicians, and Family Practice Physicians.
Novartis Pharmacuticals Specialty/Primary Care
Promoting Alzheimer's and cardiovascular medicines (Current Employee), Owensboro, KYFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: top 7% perfomance winners earn higher commision dollars and awards
Cons: continous downsizing due to lack of products to promote.
* Outside field sales, calling on doctor's offices, pharmacies and long term care facilities by appointment or cold calls.
* Tremendous amount about the health care industry, working with medical professionals and learning scientific knowledge of medicines and how to present that information in an educational discussion.
* How to manage my time, resources, – more... customers and finances to give me the best return on my investments.
* All excellent business leaders who have earned my upmost respect for their ideas, energy, passion and dedicated work ethic.
* The uncertainty of having a job during the continuous downsizing in the pharmaceutical industry. Adapting to the changes each year, deciphering the continuous changing data and then determining who are my most important accounts to spend time with over a large geographical area.
* The freedom, rewards, and independent pride of business ownership by successfully marketing and promoting your products everyday to your decided upon accounts. – less
I
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: i had a job
Cons: overcrowding of reps in the territory
Calling on cardiovascular and IM doctors. There were too many counterparts in the same territory.I did not agree with the way they wanted calls to be made.
Overall, working for Novartis has been a fun and rewarding experience.
Senior Psychiatry Specialist (Current Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 4, 2014
I am in the sales field engaging with healthcare providers, listening to their needs.

I have had two really outstanding managers in my 9 years with Novartis. They have encouraged me to sell in my own amiable style. I have learned the importance of utilizing sales development tools like sales data and reports to enhance how I sell to my customers.

I – more... enjoy the hard challenge of meeting the providers needs of gaining insight to my products, while not infringing on their time with patients.

My favorite moments are when my customers share the stories of how they have utilized my product in the appropriate patients, where a positive outcome is the result. – less
A challenging yet rewarding experience with a top-tier industry leading pharmaceutical company.
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJFebruary 3, 2014
A typical day at Novartis involved direct sales promoting pharmaceutical products for a variety of disease states that included Hypertension/Heart Failure, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Osteoporosis and Alzheimer's Disease.

In addition to Internal Medicine and Primary Care physicians, the drugs I sold required calling heavily upon specialists that included – more... Cardiologists, Endocrinologists, Nephrologists, Neurologists, Gastroenterologists and Rheumatologists.

At Novartis I learned the value of teamwork and working together with counterparts overlapping in the same territory with some of the same physicians.

However, in some instances this could also be the most challenging part of the job. Novartis was unique in that at one time the sales force promoted three antihypertensive drugs simultaneously, which in some instances created some confusion in the minds of the physicians as to which antihypertensive they should prescribe despite our laser focus on explaining how each drug was a different class and for a different type of hypertensive patient.

The most enjoyable part of my job was promoting market-leading drugs like Diovan for hypertension and Zelnorm for Irritable Bowel Disease and calling upon the wide range of specialists listed above in the second paragraph. In addition, I enjoyed working for an industry-leading company whose representatives were consistently ranked as some of the most beneficial in the industry in yearly polls of physicians. – less
Dedicated, hard working individual who goes above and beyond what is required
Executive Sales Consultant (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJFebruary 3, 2014
Go to work early, stay late
Analyze data and utilize all the tools and resources available
Seek out new opportunities
Focus on what I can control
Get along with others
Able to work independently or as a team member
Love working with people
Enjoy analytical discussions
Hard to find enough hours in the day
Novartis is a global pharmaceutical and healthcare company that provides medicines to help patients and improve patient care.
Executive Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLFebruary 1, 2014
Novartis strives to make a difference in the lives of patients by providing high-quality products from various therapeutic areas. It has been very rewarding to know that as a sales representative, my promoted products have affected the quality of life for many patients.
Great company with a great culture
Cardiovascular Metabolic Specialist (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: great company with a fun, productive environment.
Cons: i peaked on my salary after 6 years.
I called on all types of physicians from Cardiologists to primary care. I did quick stand up calls, to sitting down for an hour over lunch to sell our products. I learned how to be the best rep in the industry and how to learn and present reprints which allowed me to distinguish myself. My manager was one of the best in the industry and constantly challenged – more... me to be the best. My co-workers were very talented and we pushed each other to be better. The hardest part of job was launching a new product with no samples and not on formulary. The most enjoyable part of the job was winning every award the company had to offer and taking trips around the world as a reward for all the hard work! – less

About Novartis

Novartis AG, incorporated on February 29, 1996, is a Switzerland-based holding that, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the – Read more