Novartis

Novartis Employee Reviews

Executive Assistant to VP of Development IT (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJJanuary 10, 2015
Great company, great people, excellent benefits. THis company is very good to its employees and the culture is good.
TMOD/Staffing GM through Future Step/KornFerry (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJJanuary 6, 2015
Good place to work. Enjoyable work environment. Been here for two years. Commute is not the best. I live 2 hrs away but it is worth it.
Focused
Columbus District Sales Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OhJanuary 4, 2015
coach & player
- leading teams to deliver business results
- coaching others to deliver results
- mulitiple divisions for potential development
Comfortable environment.
Data Entry II (Former Employee), East Hanover, NJJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: trusts you to do job hired to do without micro-managing.
Cons: work load often demands long work hours
I worked there on a temporary contractual basis. During my assignment in the administrative area, management was great - respectful and treated me as if I was an associated. Did not make me feel like I was "just a temp". I was treated as a team member - even knowing I would be there short-term.
Favortisim within the Workplace
Manufacturing Quality Manager (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 30, 2014
Pros: freedom with work hours and ability to work from home
Cons: racism and sexism
Although the company continuously discusses equal opportunity and work, there was a lot of favoritism within departments
A job you won't get bored doing, lack of job security/advancement
Cleaning Validation Engineer (Former Employee), Waverly, NEDecember 29, 2014
Pros: active work, not boring
Cons: poor communication across the departments
This is a fast paced environment, where everyday is a challenge. I learned to multi-task and meet deadlines. Management is good, but sometimes disconnected from day to day activities (which is common in many big companies). Hardest part of the job is meeting deadlines when everyone isn't on the same page (lack of communication). I enjoyed team building exercises, since they made me more comfortable around my co-workers.
Productive, Fun place to work
Packaging Operator (Current Employee), Suffern, NYDecember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches card to say thank you, gifts cards.
Cons: the tension between permanent employees and temps
Working with Novartis showed me another way of working. It was not just about getting the job done but also about making you smarter. We have a lot of training. We were doing a lot of work but in smarter ways that were not as stressful on us.
Coworkers became family members, working 40 plus hours with the same person made us grew closer to each other each day.
Investing in the future, great pipeline, diverse culture, beautiful campus
Associate Director (Former Employee), East Hanover, NJDecember 28, 2014
Pros: forward thinking, great campus, fitness facilities onsite, great restaurants, sports activities
Cons: rapid change, budget pressures
- Your days are full and busy
- The company is undergoing continuous transformation to position itself well for the future.
- You work with a great bunch of people
- The hardest part about working here is the pace at which change happens.
- There is a team spirit within the company and people care about each other
Work challenge
Head of Finance & Operations - Egypt & Libya (Current Employee), Cairo, GADecember 21, 2014
Transformation from a scientific office to a legal entity structure was a successful challenge.
Novartis Consumer Health
Quality Assurance Analyst II - Investigations (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEDecember 20, 2014
Pros: free prescriptions of novartis pharmaceuticals, great compensation package
For a typical day of a salaried employees work based upon the honor system. Employees know what is expected of them daily and most need very little coaching to get the days' work completed. Therefore there is little management interference or someone watching over shoulders. Personally this was the most enjoyable part of the job.

There are always opportunities to learn new things for those individuals that want to seek new knowledge and skills. Most individuals are open and willing to share what they know or have experience in at Novartis.

The least enjoyable part of the job are that some projects and tasks can cut into a persons' work life balance if they do not keep an eye on those sorts of things. Which Novartis wants a balance, but often the demands will cause the balance to become skewed.

The pay, benefits, and compensation are excellent of not the best in the industry.
Wonderful place to work lots of opportunities
Senior Operator (Former Employee), Suffern, NYDecember 15, 2014
Thankful for the chance to work for Novartis great company.
You are given the ability to grow and develop new skill sets in the company.
Excellent Company/Pay for performance
Senior Area Business Leader, Puerto Rico (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJDecember 11, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: n/a
Field Contact with representatives previously plannded based on territories performance. Discuss representatives pre-call plan. Most enjoyable part is when there is a call to action and closing.
Interesting
Senior Project / Business Analyst (Consultant) (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJDecember 9, 2014
Like working here. Learning allot. Like the people I work with. But they need to focus on their business project process.

Would I recommend my friends to work here, yes.

Restaurants are on the campus. You can select a different kind of lunch everyday.
Great Company!
Presidential Postdoc Fellow (Current Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 7, 2014
Pros: research is very strong
Cons: no cons!
the co-workers are very smart. definitely a lot learned during my last three years at Novartis. The research there is also very academic, a lot of academic collaboration. It is a great company to work for!
Learned much about regulatory requirements and pharmaceutical operations
Associate Director, Facilities (Former Employee), Suffern, NYNovember 22, 2014
Having responsibility for equipment selection and installation as well as qualification improved my knowledge of regulatory requirements as they relate to the pharmaceutical industry.
Great working environment
Field Force Regional Coordinator (Former Employee), East Hanover, NJNovember 21, 2014
Novartis was a team orientated company and a great place to work.
Company went downhill with changes
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYNovember 20, 2014
A once dynamic work environment drastically changed alongside the pharma industry the past 5-10 years. Numerous cuts to field sales forces and development programs. Loss of primary care products to blame. Specialty (Oncology) has a bright future and is the place to be within company.
Great place to work for the 24 years I was there.
Executive Territory Mgr (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 19, 2014
Sadly, It really doesn't matter too much how they were, since Novartis Corp. sold the entire global assets of the Animal Health Division to Elanco Animal Health. Subsequent to that, Sentinel, their flagship antiparasitic product was again sold to Virbac Corp. due to U.S Govt. Antitrust regulations.
the transactions become effective December 1, 2014 and Novartis Animal Health will cease to exist.
Results-driven Company
Sr. Area Business Sales Leader (Current Employee), LosAngeles/OrangeCounty/CentralCANovember 19, 2014
Pros: overall benefits package
Cons: significant & consistent lay-offs and restructuring
Opportunity for leadership and development as a manager
Operates with a high level of focus on ethics and compliance
Very clean and friendly. Company activities all the time.
Team Member/Team Leader (Former Employee), Lincoln, NENovember 18, 2014
First shift kicks off at 6:30am. All of us fall into place and have our own responsibilities. Break @ 9am.....then lunch around 12:00. Loud noise on the theraflu line.l You better have ear plugs. It's great when the machines run as expected. We fly right through an order. At the end of the shop order we recap and get ready for the next run of Theraflu.

About Novartis

Novartis AG, incorporated on February 29, 1996, is a Switzerland-based holding that, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the – Read more

Novartis Salaries