Novartis

Novartis United States Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you have a mentor
Manager, Multi-Channel Marketing (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJSeptember 28, 2014
Make sure to have a mentor who watches out for you and gives you the visibility you need and you will go far
Thoroughly enjoyed working as a pharmaceutical sales representative for Novartis. Was with the company for 14 years.
Executive Neuroscience Specialist (Former Employee), New JerseySeptember 25, 2014
A typical day would include analyzing data to determine market trends and physician prescribing habits, preparing my call schedule, pre-call planning, clinical presentations to physicians and post call planning. My position also required developing thought leaders to be speakers, planning speaking events and conducting breakfast or lunch programs with physicians. My managers over the years have taught me so much about sales. The hardest part of the job was getting products on formulary at the teaching institutions. The most enjoyable was seeing the results of my hard work.
hardworking culture
Senior Cardiovascular Representative (Former Employee), NJSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: none anymore
Not a friendly atmosphere
Very very corporate
great products
too much turnover
Professional Organisation
QC (Current Employee), ScotlandSeptember 22, 2014
Global company with a large portfolio. As part of the NVS group thereare huge advantages.
opportunity to grow in my career lader
medical representative (Current Employee), cairo(ain SHAMS)September 18, 2014
-working am from 10am:2pm&from 7.30pm:11.30pm.
-lean to never giveup.
-hardest pate:is to achive target what ever the situation.
-the most enjoyable part is when you make perfect call.
Great Corporate Culture
Senior Vaccines Solution Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 17, 2014
Company promotes a positive work environment and work/life balance.
Pharmaceutical Sales and Management
Area Sales Manager, South FL/PR (Current Employee), South Florida/PRSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: growing and learning the industry; relationship management; sales success
Cons: work-life balance; shrinking company
Novartis has been an excellent place to continue to learn and develop within the Pharmaceutical space. There were a number of opportunities to move into leadership positions and to continue to challenge oneself as an individual contributor and as a leader of others.
Professional and high level of standard company
Microbiologist I (Current Employee), San Carlos, CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: learned a lot of useful skills
Great company with amazing people and products. Learned about environmental monitoring and microbiological sampling and testing.
Work place
PACKAGING OPERATOR / Quality control Inspector (Current Employee), Suffern, NYSeptember 1, 2014
Five years working at Novartis, I become more professionalist and have more experiences for the next level of my life.
Performance based organization
Psychiatry Account Management - West Region Lead (Former Employee), East Hanover, NJAugust 25, 2014
Pros: developement opportunities for top performers
Cons: job security is tenuous
You will succeed at Novartis by being a Top Performer.
Performance is the driver in this organization that is very controlled by the Swiss.
It is an impersonal organization from a senior leadership level, but at local management the culture is supportive.
This company is going through a lot of change and reorganization and is more about the Share price than their people.
Great company
Senior Oncology Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 23, 2014
Innovative Oncology company. It is a great company with a really good work environment.
Great company to work for
Manufacturing Granulation Level 3 Senior Associate (Current Employee), Suffern, NYAugust 19, 2014
Nothing but great things to say, i would still want to remain with company but they are closing the facility and are none in the tri state that are similar.
To acquire a significant amount of knowledge
HR Assistant and Comp&Benefits Analyst (Former Employee), guatemala city, Central AmericaAugust 18, 2014
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: no management support nor guidance
Account reconciliation, supporting management, staff file management, staff bonuses management.

To take important decisions without support, high confidentiality of provided services to internal and external customers.

Poor support and guidance from management

Good Team work

Implementation of projects without guidance

Salary and benefits
Demanding culture and variety of products
Senior Neuroscience Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits and commission
Cons: constant change with new products
The variety of products made this position quite demanding but it was worth every hour put into the work. Well compensated and progressive management
Good working environment
QC Analyst - Microbiology Laboratory (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEAugust 17, 2014
It is a good company to work, There is a work/life balance and very good benefits. It is still in a process of remediation and there is still some stress about this.
Amazing company to work for with great products
Executive Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Joliet, ILAugust 14, 2014
Pros: great overall benefits and management structure for sales is perfect
Cons: bonus plans were capped
I launched and sold several products for hypertension over the course of 13 years and also had the opportunity to represent some specialty brands for Alzheimer's Disease, Parkinson's Disease, Osteoporosis Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Diabetes
nice workplace environment
MS&T representative (Current Employee), PRAugust 14, 2014
Nice

Good Place to grow

Great coworkers

need more organization
Collaborative
Associate Scientist (Current Employee), Vacaville, CAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: bonus points to be redeemed
Cons: contractors dont get any benefits
The people are great, the company is very organized, efficient, and is a fun place to work. You are rewarded for you accomplishements.
Great experience and the busy environment was a plus.
Executive Assistant to Consumer Health Division (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJAugust 7, 2014
I worked as a contractor for Novartis for a period of 6 months and met many professional individuals who demonstrated positive attitudes and work ethics. The hardest part of the job for me was when my contract ended and the position fazed out.
Great Job
QA Compliance Manager (Current Employee), Vacaville, CAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: all that i've learned, support of my management, amazing colleagues, commute
Cons: the company didn't appear to care much about the employees, only about gaining profit
I feel like what I do benefits the company and the lives of those that use the drug substance that's manufactured here.
I've gained a wealth of industry knowledge.
My direct manager has always had my best interest at heart.
My co-workers are phenomenal people and colleagues
The hardest part of the job is not being able to trust the company
The work/life balance is most enjoyable for me.

About Novartis

Novartis AG, incorporated on February 29, 1996, is a Switzerland-based holding that, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the – Read more

Novartis Salaries