Novartis Employee Reviews in United States

Opportunities for development
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR/COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJMarch 18, 2016
Take charge of your development, it is hard to find leaders to lead you...take on mentors, there are still great leaders in the company to help you with your development.
Great Place to work
Office Manager Assistant(Human Resources) (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 19, 2016
I loved working here Co-workers we're great and very helpful.
a typical day was sign in and straight to work if I needed help I could always rely to anyone around.
Typical Big Pharma
Senior Xolair Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Texas, Houston, DallasMay 6, 2015
The compensation and benefits at Novartis were excellent. I honestly have never worked for a company that is its equal. However, with great compensation, comes big pharma management. Job security is never there.
Great place to work, Nice environment
Site Operations BAS Tech (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJJanuary 11, 2016
Really enjoyed working at Novartis. Would recommend to anyone who would be hired as a employee not contractor.
Vibrant atmosphere. Misson based environment makes everyone feel they are performing an important role no matter what it is. Novartis also provides stress reduction items, Nice gyms, physical activities, ethnic group events and so on.
Pros
Great Campus
Cons
Outsourced
Excellent place to work
Microbiologist (Former Employee) –  Humacao Municipio, PRApril 28, 2016
Excellent place to work. The work team was excellent and I can learn a lot of things in the lab. They make the laxative Ex-Lax
Challenging Culture
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJOctober 26, 2015
Although a great organization to work for, there are too many changes, to frequently. These changes make for an environment that fosters rumors and distrust between associates.
Pros
Excellent health care
Cons
zero job security
Typical Pharma. High stress, comp plans that don't make sense and poor management.
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  WestJune 13, 2012
I spent over 10 years at this company and lived through many management changes. Novartis is typical of Pharma, they promote the "consultant ju jour" ideas and force everyone to buy in or else. Then they change it. Pipeline is OK, but has suffered over the past few years. Mostly me too products now. The culture is one of fear with many standard emails ending with "up to and including termination.". I was laid off this year. Pleased it happened. I needed the push to find something else and be healthy again. Don't get me wrong, the "golden handcuffs" are attractive, but come with a huge price. If given a choice, I would stay away from all big Pharma. You are a puppet and can't utilize any of your strengths.... unless you are a lawyer there.
Pros
competive salary and benefits.
Cons
highly regulated company with no second chances.
Productive workplace
Senior Project Manager - Maintenance Operations (Current Employee) –  Suffern, NYFebruary 22, 2016
Excellent company with emphasis on values and behaviors. Not sure of the commitment to the US for manufacturing and packaging.
Honest, Hard working and reliable person for company
Sr. Scientist (Former Employee) –  Suffern, NYAugust 7, 2015
I worked as an Analytical Chemist in Novartis Pharmaceuticals from April 1991 to June 2015. Due to plant shut down I lost my job. No production in company so noteasting of Raw Material products.

I have a positive attitude to work with co workers and management.

I believe in Safety and Quality of products as a result no accident and NO OOS during my work.Did work right 1st time to avoid OOS.
Pros
Worked as a team player to give more productivity.
Cons
Informed management for Vacation. No sick days. Good communication
Novartis is a good example of a quality organization with appropriate expectations and supportive infrastructure for its associates.
Pharmaceutical Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJAugust 26, 2012
My nearly 8 years of experience with Novartis Pharmaceuticals was very positive. The benefits and compensation packages are consistent with industry standards while the culture of the company parallels what many employees would expect from an organization of this caliber. I found management to be very supportive of work /life balance while maintaining high expectations with respect to job performance, personal development and territory management. I enjoyed the opportunity to work with Novartis and developed both personally and professionally as a result. I ranked the category of “Job Security/Advancement” at only three stars due to the uncertain nature of pharmaceutical sales and a recent trend in force reductions. The opportunity for advancement with Novartis is tangible with the subject of job security being questionable as evident by a recent force reduction that I reluctantly participated in.
Very Diverse
LMS Training Support Analyst/Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJJanuary 14, 2016
Novartis is a very good company to work for. They are a very diverse company, good to their employees and the employee morale is great!
3.5 stars out of 5
Scientific Technical Leader I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 27, 2012
poor management in R&D Drug discovery Dept

I fostered drug discovery screening campaigns as a technical advisor of high content imaging and cell-based assay development, formed collaborations with GNF research investigators and academic researchers and acted as a lead member of the GNF Bio-Imaging Core. Primary roles involved teaching GNF scientists to work with high content imaging instruments including the Opera (Perkin Elmer), ImageXpress Ultra (Molecular Devices) and Acumen Explorer (TTP Labtech), generating/editing instrument manuals for endusers of Bio-Imaging Core, troubleshooting instrument hardware and software errors, scheduling instrument maintenance and carrying out research on drug and target discovery through high content imaging screens.
Pros
compensation, benefits
Cons
job security and management
Talent Acquisition Consultant (contract)
Contract Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJJuly 20, 2015
High volume full life cycle recruitment for the Biostatistician, Programming and Data Management positions for Novartis Oncology business unit;
Candidate sourcing utilizing Boolean search techniques, identification and assessment of candidates, negotiation of offers, relocation immigration background checks to ensure timely on-boarding of new employees;
Developed new sourcing strategies utilizing pharmaceutical associations, social media, niche job boards and employee referrals to source and engage active and passive applicants for highly specialized positions.

I really enjoyed this position because the stakes were very high for the company in that they needed the talent in order to expedite the drug discovery and licensing process for their oncology drug products.
Pros
Opportunity to develop relationships with hiring managers, Assist talent acquisition organization to be perceived as an asset
Cons
Recruiters have a lot of work and sometimes processes could be streamlined
Novartis is a great pharmaceutical/healthcare company that tries to place customers and it's people first.
District Sales Manager II (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 20, 2012
I have worked for Novartis for 7 years, and in this time I've received the best training in the industry. As a Front Line manager in this very competitive industry, I have a unique view of the customers we service and the strategy of upper level management. Novartis is always committed to run their business with the highest ethical conduct, and place customers #1. They've made some tough decisions over the last 3 years with what needs to be done with the field force structure, but I feel 90% of employess understand the "why" behind these decisions.
Pros
excellent benefits, great training and development, great products, solid strategies in place
Cons
frequent restructure of field force
Oncology Field Medical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJFebruary 4, 2016
Great leadership at all levels. Employees and leadership are top notch. Once of the best places I have ever worked. They believe in open space and leaders on the floor with the employees.
difficult
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fremont, MIOctober 2, 2015
OK, to work for if you do not have a family. Not very accommodating when something happens. Helpful to the public though.
Pros
Good money and benefits
Cons
Not family oriented when it comes to family problems
Excellent company to contract with
Analytical Chemist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 7, 2015
I have been an analytical chemist for a few months. Hours are flexible with regards to when one can coma and go (as long as 40 hours are put in). The culture is superb. Managers in my particular lab are fantastic. However, one area which is lacking for me in particular, is job security. As a contractor, one doesn't know when he/she is out the door for whatever reasons.
The only thing that remains the same here is change and a road to nowhere!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 22, 2012
I had a 5 year run with Novartis. The first year was great, then it went downhill from there. Novartis started loosing products/ going generic and nothing but combo products in the pipeline. I had a total of 5 managers within 5 years and 3 regional directors. Because of all of the management changes, i was never given the chance to advance or receive a raise. I was also given poor ratings during the year I was on Maternity Leave. These ratings were given to me by a regional director I had never met! This ultimately led to my "lay off" with the company. I will never recommend working here!
Great Job
QA Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAAugust 6, 2014
I feel like what I do benefits the company and the lives of those that use the drug substance that's manufactured here.
I've gained a wealth of industry knowledge.
My direct manager has always had my best interest at heart.
My co-workers are phenomenal people and colleagues
The hardest part of the job is not being able to trust the company
The work/life balance is most enjoyable for me.
Pros
all that i've learned, support of my management, amazing colleagues, commute
Cons
the company didn't appear to care much about the employees, only about gaining profit
working in a multicultural environment
Senior Statistical Programmer, Contractor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 31, 2015
This is multicultural, flexibility working environment, people are nice. The company provide job training program, employee has the opportunity to update their knowledge.