Novartis

Novartis Employer Reviews

Productive workplace with great morale
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAJanuary 29, 2014
A great place to live with good benefits and a diverse culture.
n/a
Customer Relationship & Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee), CaribbeanJanuary 28, 2014
Customer Relations, Supply Chain, Logistics, Distribution, Sales Operations, Market Research
Great experience - close customer facing, freedom to work independently
Senior Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Summit, NJJanuary 28, 2014
Only spent 9 months at Novartis, but had excellent experience
This company is Toxic
Senior Multiple Sclerosis Specialist (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: decent salary
Cons: too much to list
I have never worked at company that promoted hostility among team members and rewards those who ride the coat tails of others. No future here.
Progressive pharmaceutical company
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Hickory, NCJanuary 26, 2014
Dedicated pharmaceutical sales representative dedicated to improving the quality of patient lives through interaction with neurologists, psychiatrists, endocrinologists, rheumatologists, cardiologists, OB/GYNs, hospitalists, orthopedic surgeons, internal medicine and primary care physicians.
Summary
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJJanuary 25, 2014
Have promoted 15 different products including five launches in 4/5 NYC Boroughs
Good benefits but stressful
Scientist (Microbiology QC (Current Employee), Suffern, NYJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: stressful
The job was typically very busy and the work environment was high paced. I improved on my time management skills as the job was self-paced.
This company has been good to me over the past 14 years.
Neuro/Psych Senior Specialist (Current Employee), KY,OH,WVJanuary 24, 2014
I have learned a lot over the past 13 years w/this company. I have had the honor to launch and sell products that have made a true difference in a persons life. I have seen it first hand and feel honor to have worked for a company that has put patients lives first.
Pharmaceuticals
Executive Respiratory Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Novartis provided me with a platform to become a very productive sales representative and sales manager.
great company with patient loss reality
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Kingsport, TNJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: positive management, great products
Cons: the loss of patient life on key products
Novartis has been a good working partner for me. they have been fair and honest . My management team has always been there for positive assistance. My co-workers have been great.
Awesome company.
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Eugene, ORJanuary 23, 2014
Love Novartis. Unfortunately, slim pipeline means lay-offs.
Research Technician/Assistant II (Former Employee), emeryville, caJanuary 20, 2014
Great place to work, lots of great talent. Plenty of learning opportunity. However if your a contractor beware, you can only work for them for 18 months before they have to let you go.
Good job with limited advancement opportunies
Production Technician II (Former Employee), Lesage, WVJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: environmentally controlled
Cons: limited advancement opportunities
Worked in a clean room and achieved all work goals but with all the long term employees the opportunity for advancement was limited.
Posted Below
Specialty Sales Representative (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: run my own business and very motivated and determined to produce.
Special visits to very important clients with a lot of product knowlede given to each office in order to produce.
Many cold calls per day. Go over montly goals mon given to us as a Sales Representative with in our business unit.
Work very hard organizing busines meetings and creating action plans per month.
Have excellent relationships with my doctors – more... I call on and the Hosptials I call on.
Developed strong relationships with key opinion leaders, Pharmacists, CEO's of Centers/Clinics.
Excellent relationship with manager and partner.
Love selling to clients and making a difference. I especially love to learn new products and medicine is my fortay. – less
Servicing Customers
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 17, 2014
My job consist of servicing customers by sharing educational information and sample drugs to help benefit their patients. This is conducted through Office Calls, Lunch and Learns and Speaker Programs
Not enjoyable
Pharmaceutical Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJanuary 17, 2014
Not a fun place to work. Expectations were in your ear at a feverish pitch. Very difficult to stay balanced in that atmosphere.
great company
Senior Care Specialist- Sales Trainer (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 17, 2014
I had wonderful co-workers here.
I grew a lot in my professional sales career.
Pharmacy Information Specialist CIC Department
Pharmacy Information Specialist CIC Department (Former Employee), new jerseyJanuary 16, 2014
• Provided accurate product FAQ's to Novartis patients, in-house pharmacists and healthcare providers
• Handled daily usage of Medicus Siebel 7 LIVE Production, AQWA Production, AEGIS, and Safety & Compliance
• Performed administrative and clerical duties
• Answered inbound calls, strong knowledge of Adverse Event reporting and technical complaints
 – more... Interacted with complainants and retrieved information to document complaints
• Completed all investigation within the established time
• Handled written/verbal correspondence with healthcare providers, pharmacists, patients and colleagues Implemented new strategies to management to enhance helpful learning tips – less
Open and supportive environment
Application Developer II (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: subsidized cafeteria, subsidized transit pass
Small company feel at a major multi-national corporation. Lots of collaboration and support among colleagues.
A confused organization that makes it's profit numbers
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, IlJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: culture and lack of effective leadership
A frustrating and confused organization with frequently changing top management. Many documented failures trying to bring new products into the pipeline. The company has had a RIF of 20-60% in different divisions every year for the past 6 years. Pay and benefits are top tier but opportunities for advancement are slim, especially for management roles.

About Novartis

Novartis AG, incorporated on February 29, 1996, is a Switzerland-based holding that, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the – Read more