Novartis Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent work environment with strong emphasis on work/life balance; great culture, great pay and excellent benefits
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJSeptember 4, 2015
Excellent company to work for, I am leaving only due to relocation of my family from NJ to Indiana.

I have worked with some of the most talented and gifted professionals in the pharmaceutical industry. This company truly cares about putting the patient first and about helping the quality of life of those with medical conditions requiring medication. In the Oncology Business Unit where I am working, the desire of the professionals with whom I work to help patients living with cancer have a better quality of life or to extend their lives as much as possible is awe inspiring. A truly excellent employment experience.

My managers have always been fully supportive of any ideas or suggestions, they take in to account all aspects of solving problems or making work easier, and not 'reinventing the wheel'. Innovative and creative is a great way to describe the culture.

Working in Human Resources, I believe the hardest part of the job I experience is when someone leaves the company involuntarily. I know they have families and people who depend on them and it does cause some uneasiness but I know it's the right thing for the company and we do everything we can to help them find a new job.

I have learned to always bring my "A" game to my job, people depend on me to be my best and bring my best. One never knows what will happen on any given day, so being prepared for every possibility is the best option.
Pros
Summer Fridays, Free Ice Cream Wednesdays, Company Shut down between Christmas & New Years Day
Growth prospects
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJSeptember 3, 2015
Good pipeline. High caliber people. Strong emphasis on compliance and ethics. Strong financials. Top heavy. Not enough people at junior levels of the organization to create a good succession plan.
One of the good places to work
Senior Pharmacovigilance Leader (Current Employee) –  east hanover NJSeptember 3, 2015
I always enjoyed my work at Novartis\
Very good working culture and encourages associates
The teams are really good and management was always supportive
A lot of layoffs each year.
Area Business Leader II (Former Employee) –  NJSeptember 1, 2015
This company has been laying off employees consistently for the past 4 years. In addition, they have dissolved business units and created new ones with completely different job descriptions. As a result more layoffs.
Management is poor
Server Administrator (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJSeptember 1, 2015
Management doesn't always trust SME opinions. Every decision needs to go through all kinds of controls. During my time here the department was going through discussions of outsourcing which interfered with day to day tasks.
Pros
Big campus
Great company!
Scientist II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 31, 2015
The Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation, Inc. was an exciting place to work. Management was extremely supportive and encouraged individual and team growth.
Novartis San Carlos is a okay work place
MANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN II (Current Employee) –  San Carlos, CAAugust 28, 2015
Novartis San Carlos is a unique Manufacturing Plant for Novartis group of company, is the only manufacturing site for this drug delivery technology.
Company with vision and strives for excellence
QA Associate (Current Employee) –  Suffern NYAugust 27, 2015
Administer Electronic data management system and provide support to local users

Working with documentation and retention group, learned a bit about various kind of documents that are used by various groups.
Pros
Work life balance, cross functional training and development opportunities
Was only an intern, everything I saw was fantastic
Intern (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAAugust 25, 2015
Great place to see how everything operates as an intern!

Got hired for 10 week session, got it approved to 13 for high productivity, didn't get hired on though.

Every First Friday, the company put on a small fair!

Great compensation/benefits
I learned a lot at Novartis. When you can learn anything from an employer you have benefited.
Novartis Gilenya Nurse (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 13, 2015
I learned a lot at Novartis. When you can learn anything from an employer, you have benefited. Great benefits. Good compensation.
Wouldn't recommend
Manufacturing Associate II (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCAugust 13, 2015
The process/daily tasks were exciting and challenging for a few months but after that it was a lot of the same. Leadership made sure you always felt very "replaceable".
Pros
Excellent Learning Opportunity, Start-up Experience
Cons
unethical
Honest, Hard working and reliable person for company
Sr. Scientist (Former Employee) –  Suffern, NYAugust 7, 2015
I worked as an Analytical Chemist in Novartis Pharmaceuticals from April 1991 to June 2015. Due to plant shut down I lost my job. No production in company so noteasting of Raw Material products.

I have a positive attitude to work with co workers and management.

I believe in Safety and Quality of products as a result no accident and NO OOS during my work.Did work right 1st time to avoid OOS.
Pros
Worked as a team player to give more productivity.
Cons
Informed management for Vacation. No sick days. Good communication
Exciting pipeline
Senior Federal Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2015
-Strong product portfolio reaching many therapeutic areas

-Seasoned employees

-Stock options at certain management levels
It is fun work place
Scientist II (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJAugust 4, 2015
Novartis is a nice fun work place with supportive management, a lot of regulations, but these are acceptable and expected of a big company.
great place to work. state of the art facility
Process expert (Serialization Global Team) (Former Employee) –  Suffern, NYAugust 4, 2015
Great place to work. Novartis Suffern was a staple in the Novartis network for improving process, and getting product out to the market on time everytime. Was a leader in creating new process for changeover, and efficient throughput times.
Pros
state of the art equipment, leader in serialization
Cons
Plant scheduled to close due to cutbacks, but company great at giving people new jobs.
Talent Acquisition Consultant (contract)
Contract Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJJuly 20, 2015
High volume full life cycle recruitment for the Biostatistician, Programming and Data Management positions for Novartis Oncology business unit;
Candidate sourcing utilizing Boolean search techniques, identification and assessment of candidates, negotiation of offers, relocation immigration background checks to ensure timely on-boarding of new employees;
Developed new sourcing strategies utilizing pharmaceutical associations, social media, niche job boards and employee referrals to source and engage active and passive applicants for highly specialized positions.

I really enjoyed this position because the stakes were very high for the company in that they needed the talent in order to expedite the drug discovery and licensing process for their oncology drug products.
Pros
Opportunity to develop relationships with hiring managers, Assist talent acquisition organization to be perceived as an asset
Cons
Recruiters have a lot of work and sometimes processes could be streamlined
Excellent experience
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 16, 2015
I worked for the organization as a contractor. It was a wonderful experience; I just wish it didn't have to end. I enjoyed the culture, the people, the work, and the office environment.
Pros
pets in the office
Cons
hard to get things done in December (lots of vacations)
Exciting science, evolving culture
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 16, 2015
Company has evolved in Cambridge, from a small startup feel to classical large pharmaceutical.
Science was at times trying and exciting.
Novartis = Outsourcing
Senior Compensation Specialist (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 16, 2015
Novartis has a decent benefit package which is more advantageous for the older worker over 50. However, Novartis prefers cheap labor. Outsourcing US jobs overseas to locations where Novartis can purchase cheap labor but will not understand the separate divisions business needs will not end with happy clients.
Pros
None if you work outside of Basel or New Jersey
Cons
Work long hours with nothing in return
Great work place
Scientist II (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 15, 2015
Great environment for making an impact with satisfying projects to work on. Fast-paced and collegial. Cutting edge research and freedom to learn new skills make it tops.