Novation Employee Reviews

Top Leadership is Excellent, Middle Leadership is Still Growing
Portfolio Executive (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 13, 2016
Overall the company has a grand mission and executes to it for the benefit of its members. As with any company some internal politics can get in the way from time to time. New managers are promoted based on their individual contributor skills and in some cases and not skilled in management. Additional training for these new managers would be wise if long term growth is the goal.
Pros
Good connection with a larger purpose of improving healthcare.
Cons
Disproportionate assignment of responsibilities and favoritism is fairly blatant.
good supply network
Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 8, 2015
Fun place to work. Employees work hard and play hard as well. The offer a Christmas party luncheon for their employees. Their benefits are great.
Pros
christmas party lunch
Cons
Commute, layoffs
Excellent and positive culture that fosters a desire to work harder
Marketing Manager, Comms & Strategy (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 6, 2015
Excellent and positive culture that fosters a desire to work harder. Management encourages expanding skill set, and gives credit where it's due. Good work / life balance.
dishonest company doesn't care about employees
sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2016
The pros include short work days, generous compensation, and a relaxed work environment.

Cons: paychecks are always late or missing money, company isn't quick to solve these issues, move employees around to differnet teams all the time
Company is based on who you know and if they like you
REPORTING ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 19, 2016
They are way behind on technology and their best friend will promote you instead of people who have many years of experience. Very childish people in management. Would not recommend this place.
Pros
There is nothing good to say
Cons
They will hire friends with no exp and promote them first with no exp
Novation is a highly regarded Healthcare GPO and it was a pleasure working with the team.
Custom Contracting Portfolio Executive (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 17, 2015
A top notch team of professionals directed the operation with emphasis on service to the many member organizations around the country.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Lots of travel
Collaborative, productive company that puts great emphasis on developing their employees.
Staff Analyst II-Texas (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 17, 2014
Novation has a brand new, modern, open concept office building. The job is fun and rewarding and people are happy to help you learn pretty much anything you want to learn about the business. There are lots of opportunities for development. I have learned so much about the supply chain side of the medical field since working there. For me and the job that I do, the hardest part about the job is the open concept space. My job requires a lot of direct focus on the task at hand and it is sometimes difficult with all the talking, noise and people walking by. However, most of the company's workings are highly collaborative, so it is a good thing for the company overall. I have a good manager, and directors, and they seem to really care about their employees. Novation promotes work/life balance, and that is a great thing for people with families.
Pros
really great benefits, promotion of work/life balance and development opportunities.
Cons
while lots of changes for the advancement of the company has created new opportunities, it has also created some layoffs.
Fun to work fast moving
Senior Analyst- Advisory/Consulting Services (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 12, 2015
Jean all day and the company is almost like a high tech company fast moving. Different workers from different industries. Hard part may also be a good part for some people changes are fast so you may end up with different leaders within the same year.
Pros
culture is great
Cons
changes are fast that means job stability is also an issue
A very professional and friendly enviornment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 28, 2012
Every day is different, can have a to do list but most of the time it is not completed due to unplanned assignments

Learned specific legal terms and the impact it could have on members and the company. In addition I was able to created contract summaries, amendments and addendums.

Management style is mostly hands off, trust that you know what to do and how to do it.

Co-workers are very friendly and knowledgeable and are willing to help anyone and share their knowledge

Keeping up with additional duties and processes that are brought on by a constant changing environment.

Never being bored, always learning.
Pros
free soda and popcorn
Cons
increasing workload with less resources
Good Company
SR. ANALYST IDS - OPERATIONS & DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee) –  Las Colinas, Tx.December 19, 2014
Novation is a really good company and the culture is unmatched from my experience. When I interviewed I quickly realized that they were more interested in me fitting then they were about my skills and experiences. I assumed that they were comfortable with what I could do and what they could teach.
Pros
free soda and good people
Great company full of highly motivated employees that love their jobs
Intern (Current Employee) –  Irving, TexasAugust 19, 2013
Typical day of work would include managing various marketing projects. Working with others to accomplish a common goal. My manager was always available for guidance, as were the other Marketing directors. My co-workers seemed to have high energy and enjoy coming to work each day. Hardest part of the job was getting the hang of the Novation lingo. The large amount of acronyms was hard to digest, but easy once learned. The most enjoyable part of the job was the employee atmosphere. The environment is one of high energy and positivity.
Novation
Strategy Planning and Research (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 4, 2012
This company is excellent for Portfolio Executives in the medical field because they offer a variety of training sessions for their employees all year long.
Pros
some training courses lunch is provided if it is an all day training.
Good
Portfolio Executive, (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 21, 2015
Same review as last one that pertained to Novation. Good place to work cARING LEADERSHIP and recognizes employees for schedule. Inflexible work schedule though
Well paid jobs but favors interns over contractor for FT opening
SAP Vistex Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 6, 2013
My review summary explains everything... I got interviewed by 5 senior directors and after 3 weeks they tell me they want more candidates to compare me with when they were boasting about filling the position ASAP. Very misleading when hiring. HR sent me internal e-mail after my contract ended for me to come to a 3rd interview! How spaced out is their HR.
Pros
the have an awesome lounge for employees to enjoy lunch
Cons
they only hire contract jobs and rarely promotes them to permanant
Productive fun environment,
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 13, 2013
Was assigned assignments to work in a timely l manner . co-workers got along and were very helpful to each other. Management was approachable and encouraged your success.
Great Benefits, Management requires improvment
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 10, 2014
Like most companies, management should have all employees participate.
Pros
nice new building
Cons
micro managing collegues
Good Company
Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 10, 2015
Very good company to work for. Everyone is very friendly and knowledgeable. I highly recommend this company for anyone.
Good people
Portfolio Executive (Current Employee) –  Irving TxMarch 12, 2013
Lots of work but rewarding. Very nice place to work, no major issues. There is a lot of politics but not bad
Great experience for an intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXMarch 16, 2015
Great experience as an intern to work alongside great people. Employees are always willing to answer questions and help you out.
Good work environment relaxed atmosphere
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving TXAugust 8, 2012
Once given an assignment you were expected to complete it within in the time frame given and give weekly progress reports. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. Learned a great deal about the supply side of the medical industry
Pros
free soda and coffee
Cons
this was a temp position so i was in an open work area and not an assigned cubical

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novation. Our community is ready to answer.

Novation Reviews by Location