Novavax Employee Reviews

nice place
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 1, 2017
best team to work with from CEO ll the way down to material management,I loved it. manufacturing group is the best all nice young with positive energy.
Pros
nice work environment
Cons
not stable
Wonderful Work Environment
heavy calendar management (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 19, 2017
Novavax is a great place to work and the benefits are excellent. Management believes in a balanced work/life balance and I really liked the that you can buy shares.

Just hate that there was a lay-off.
Amazing place to work
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 17, 2016
I loved the time I spent working at Novavax, but i got laid off. With that said the environment was great and the people there were amazing and helpful.
Pros
People, Environment
Cons
Lack of leadership
Great place that is struggling right now
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 15, 2016
The market knows about Novavax's unsuccessful phase 3 RSV trial. Novavax is a great place, where there should still be reason to believe in their programs. It is a great place to work, with a very personable culture. I love the company, and the employees and management. However, they are in a bit of a struggle right now due to lost value after the trial. They did just go through layoffs, and are unlikely to be hiring in the immediate future. I would go back to work there, but right now (Nov'16) would not be the time to start a new position with them.
They didn't do a good job for their vaccine trial
Scientific Writer (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 10, 2016
It was a good experience to work there, however, due to the failure of phase II trail, the company is in trouble now and laid off more than 1/3 of their work force.
Contractor-Scientist, Analytical Department (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 3, 2016
Novavax is a good place to work. They provide relatively good work environment and benefits. In general, employees get good training and job/life balance is just right.
Fun Work Place
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 23, 2016
I enjoyed the short time I was at Novavax. Everyone was very helpful, I learned a lot, and gained some great experience. I worked at a comfortable pace everyday and was in control of my hours and when I could break for lunch.
No managment support and very unprofessional attitude
Research Associate II (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 16, 2016
I saw people fabricate data to please managment. Backdating and making paperwork disappear is a daily occupance. This place is so driven to get sponsorship they are willing to bend basic scientific ethics to get there.
Pros
At first it does seem great
Cons
Zero ethics
Productive and fun workplace
Process Development (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 28, 2015
one can typically easily finsh tasks with in the work day. There are lots of chances to improve your skill set and knowledge base. everyone is very supportive and friendly. management are open and willing to talk about how progress is going and ways that you can improve yourself. The only downside to working here is that there are some long days and long nights, but it is very fulfilling when you get a final product.
Pros
opportunity for learning, Benefits, work environment
Cons
some long days
No Comment
QA Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 15, 2014
The company is currently developing into a wonderful work environment.
wonderful place to work
Senior scientist/Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 16, 2014
friendly, collaborative colleagues, effective and kind management team, good life and work balance
Difficult culture at lower management level Upper management wonderful to work with
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg MarylandNovember 13, 2013
Like any Business, the lower management culture was very catty.
Be careful
Project manager (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, mdOctober 11, 2013
As a seasoned biotech and PM professional, I can honestly say this company was the biggest disappointment of my career. Please beware!
Fast-paced and Dinamic Working Enviorment
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 3, 2013
This is a public trade company relocated from North Carolina. Working at the company’s Finance department was very challenging due to SEC reporting and SOX compliance deadlines. I have worked at all tasks of SEC reporting, SOX compliance, month end close, FAS123R, Fixed Assets, Audit and etc. which significantly enhanced my professional skills and knowledge.

The hardest part of the job was to meet job responsibilities and deadlines with limited resource. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills and knowledge.
Process Development
Process Development Assoc. (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 16, 2012
Work in PD is driven my senior management/VPs, not data collected from actual experiments.