Novelis

Novelis Employer Reviews

Senior Oracle Consultant
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2014
• Involved in System migration from oracle forms and reports 6i to 10g and also oracle DB migration from oracle 8i to 10g
• Develop Technical Design Document for conversion project.
• Co-ordination with onsite team and mentoring offshore team.
• Involved in entire conversion process right from compilation of all the components and bug fix.
• Co-ordination – more... with SQA and business to address issues raised by them during conversion.
• Testing and fixes needed for the integration of ACIS with other systems during conversion process.
• Support, monitoring and bus fixes for the ACIS application after migration to 10g.
• High level and detailed design documents for new modules needed by ACIS.
• Preparation of database design including different database objects like tables, views, indexes, packages, triggers and sequences.
• Develop and Modify ETL PL/SQL code used in data warehousing.
• Performance Tuning of SQL queries.
• Scheduling and monitoring of batch processes on redwood scheduler.
• Used VSS as a Version Control Tool to maintain the source code – less
Great pay and benefits
Labor (Former Employee), InJuly 3, 2014
Great compensation. Upper management very slow and worried more about cutting costs than the taking care of the people working hard to make the company money.
pay is decent, management is rude and inconsiderate
Finishing Operator (Former Employee), oswego, nyJuly 3, 2014
pay is decent, probationary period is long, not very family oriented, most people are fired before hitting pay rate
Good company but terrible mgrs
Business Analyst (Current Employee), AtlantaJune 17, 2014
Pros: free snacks, free gym
Cons: managers, pay, long work hours, no systems. use spreadsheets to do work
Great company in a great location in the heart of Buckhead.
Going to a transformational change within the automotive industry. The department is a complete train wreck with awful upper management who doesn't respond to emails or support you.
They expect you to do all the work and not back you up when needed. They have a lot of meetings to discuss nothing. – more... Tons of emails go out and mgrs do not respond. Lots of immigrants that are hard to understand. Auto dept there is the worst. Do not accept a position within that dept. – less
Great people to work with
Quality Technician (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INJune 11, 2014
Pros: fairly close to home and great work hours
Cons: short term position, no benefits
Love my job and the people but it is a temporary position. I have enjoyed working for this company and would love to remain here but unfortunately the position is being offered to employees who lost their jobs in a recent lay off.
Great organization with strong values on sustainability.
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2014
Great place to work and grow. Focus on environmental responsibilty is truly impressive.
Older Family
Electrical Engineer Intern (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INFebruary 25, 2014
Most of the people that work here are people that have worked here most of their life. They are just starting to get more and more youth for innovation.
Great potential
Business Integration Director (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2014
- Great potential for future growth
- Improving brand image
productive, safe workplace
Laborer (Former Employee), greensboro, gaJanuary 30, 2014
on a typical day at work consisted of cleaning, laying concrete, and organizing work tools. i really enjoyed it.
Regional Reliability Intern
Reliability & Maintainability Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: good structured reliability program
My internship had me working in the Regional Reliability department. There I learned about their reliability practices and how to communicate those throughout the company. I also worked with the plants in the region to develop new reliability practices in the company. The hardest part of the internship was getting all the information I needed from the – more... already very busy plant managers. – less
Decent work environment. Typical political non-sense.
Temp Service - Matrix (Current Employee), Oswego, NYAugust 22, 2013
Hot and dirty. Some co workers are absolutely useless. Management is a joke. Most enjoyable part is leaving at end of shift. Terrible pay.
on nights got to keep all the mills running while boss was home asleep
metal testing lab (Former Employee), Oswego, NYJuly 11, 2013
Pros: got to be our own boss
Cons: heavy lifting 12 hour shifts
Loaded a truck with roll to go to Canada to be chrome plated took apart and assembled roll units as the mills changed units due wear
and tear.used and tools air wrenches and crane to lift heavy parts.
Novelis Cover Letter
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Berea, KYJune 4, 2013
During my first year at Novelis, I started my employment with the goal of obtaining general plant and process knowledge. I was fortunate to partner with experienced plant technicians who provided me with hands-on experience and real world knowledge of the operational process. The knowledge that I gained from working with the technicians was invaluable, – more... and could not be achieved in a classroom setting.

Upon establishing a fundamental understanding of the plant and process, I was provided the opportunity to manage increasingly challenging projects and responsibilities. As the project lead to improve the reliability and safety of the plant’s mobile equipment fleet, I gained continued knowledge in reliability engineering in addition to experience in continuous improvement, procurement, finance, and EHS. I have nearly eliminated the plant downtime associated with mobile equipment by introducing a redundant system and engineering for reliability.

During my second year at Novelis, I am faced with ever increasing opportunities and challenges. Currently, I am the project liaison for three major projects during the scheduled 2013 May Annual Outage. These projects include the implementation of new process equipment and dust collection equipment as well as roof replacement. I have worked closely with procurement and accounting to ensure that the purchase orders are sent and funds are paid on time. Also, I have been working with a team to ensure that nothing has been overlooked on the planning schedule so everything will run smoothly during the outage. – less
productive and fun place to work at.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Greensboro, GAMay 31, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
unloading trucks at work. learned how to assist with different elements of the job. management was okay.they never involved the workers.co-workers were okay. the hardest part of the job was dealing with different personalities.the most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to use a computer.
I worked there as a temporary employee.
Blender/Crusher Machine Operator (Former Employee), Greensboro, GAMarch 29, 2013
I learne how to operate a bobcat at Novelis. It was a challenging job and given the chance I would like to go back.
BI Director
Business Intelligence Director (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2013
Company has been going thru a major SAP implementation. It is going to be a 4-5 year effort.
Aluminum plant with high temperatures
Casting Operator (Former Employee), Greensboro, GAJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: days off during the week
Cons: short breaks
Hard work and using computer. Shift work 12 1/2 hours five on two off one week. Next week two on five off. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the heat, Some co-workers are good and some are bad.Management does not listen to employee complaints to resolve issues.
Caring people and fantastic benefits and opportunities
Administrative Assistant - EHS (Current Employee), Oswego, NYDecember 13, 2012
Pros: cafeterias on site; safety utmost importance at all times in all jobs
Cons: i am temp employee hoping to get hired!
The people at Novelis are very carig and the benefits are fantastic!
Fun place to work
Helpdesk Support Coordinator 2 (Former Employee), Buckhead, GAOctober 10, 2012
Pros: free food
Cons: heavy traffic area
Good place to work and very good co workers.
Clean work inviroment
good people
Machine / Mill Operator (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 7, 2012
Pros: good pay, great benefits
Cons: plant closed
best co workers I ever had.. I loved it there, lots of overtime, good schedule,