Novelis Employee Reviews in United States

Flexible Work Environment
Automotive Demand Planning (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 28, 2016
Work environment is very flexible. Daily work environment is relaxed and supportive.

Promising business future, good people work together. Growth opportunity in all areas. Automotive area will be future growth engine in this company.

Cons

Poor management leadership, worst HR system.
Can not retain good employees.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
None known
Good To Work
Sr.Tibco Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2016
On my first day it was a very typical day for me. I have decided i may not work for long time. But it was really pleasure working. I have learned how to work with dedication. The management was really extraordinary. The way they manage is really so nice..
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Good company but hard working environment
Professional (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2016
Novelis is a good company with a good growth potential. However, their focus on process excellence is very poor. Therefore, it is very difficult to work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lack of process and procedures
Enjoyable Workplace
Executive Assistant to CEO and President (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 1, 2016
The employees are the everyday champions that set Novelis apart. Employee dedication to improvement in the workplace, to creating innovative customer solutions and to contributing valuable time and talents within local communities helps Novelis achieve our vision and bring our values to life.

Through their annual Values in Action employee recognition program, employees are encouraged and celebrate contributions that significantly impact the business, customers and communities.
Limited growth opportunities
Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2016
Company has a weak strategy and competitive position, which makes it hard to offer growth options. Most mid-level managers and directors have to stay in their roles for 5 years or more.
Great place to work, but heavy work load
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJanuary 12, 2016
The employees are great, the management is demanding but fair. 50 hrs a week at the minimum, if you work less most people frown upon it. Technicians were great with the engineers, no one knows the floor better than they do.
Novelis - great and involved sponsor for student project
Student Materials Science Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 22, 2015
I worked with Novelis through the multi-disciplinary design projects at UM. I found them to be very forthright and highly engaged in working with us.
Great employer
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYOctober 13, 2015
Great company to work for potential to move up. I would recommend to anyone looking for a job with possibility for advancement.
Shred Area Leader (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, GAJuly 7, 2015
It is a good company that will reward their employees for certain things.Its a hot job but rewarding if you do the job correctly
Pros
work schedule gives you plenty off days
Cons
hot inside plant
Like working there/but feel they take advantage of their Extended Contractors
Shipping Technician (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYJuly 1, 2015
Long hours rotating shift. Mandatory overtime required. Management putdowns. I really like working there but I won't stay there for 9.25/hr when regular employees make double that or more. Totally not worth it. Too bad. You have to have the right last name or be associated with someone with the right last name. That just isn't right.
Pros
I really like the work
Cons
Really long hours/no management support
Good
Operator (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYApril 18, 2015
Overall, I would give this company a good rating. A lot of disorganization, but it is coming together slowly. Two year probation period, but a significant raise once you reach two years. Insurance has a high deductible.
Pros
Pay, Available overtime
Cons
Long hours, Shift work
Hands down - the best company I have worked for.
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYMarch 17, 2015
It is very obvious that they people who have posted negatively are ex-employees, who more than likely were termed out. Novelis has very, very low turnover; as it is a wonderful place to work and people know that. This is a job where people come and stay until retirement. They are very big on safety and put the safety of their employees above all else. The pay for operators is decent to start out (in comparison to surrounding companies they excel) however there are yearly guaranteed raises and the company is happy to pay for their employees for the continued knowledge and education. This company is what you make of it. There is a lot of room for advancement and growth within the organization and most importantly - stable employment. For higher ‘professional and educational ‘ positions – the pay is wonderful. You would be hard pressed to find a better company if you are a quality candidate. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the company as a whole – but I can say the hands down best thing about Novelis is the people. It is an atmosphere that you will not find elsewhere. People are happy, moral is good. That’s hard to find these days. You would be lucky to land yourself a position at Novelis Oswego.
Pros
The people and the atmosphere - it can't be explained - you need to experiance it.
Cons
Its a LARGE plant and easy to get turned around until you figure out the layout.
Racisim has consumed that plant!
Department Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboror Georgia 30642February 27, 2015
Novelis was once a great place to work. Employees enjoyed coming to work for 12 hours. With the changing of managers and HR personell the plant went straight down the drain! You have managers that are allowed to talk to employees any type of way. Not to mention the HR/Upper Managers just HORRIBLE!
Pros
the highest paying job in the county. close to the eating locations.
Cons
short breaks, racisim and horrible managers!
horrible people horrible management horrible hours good pay
Furnace operator (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYFebruary 19, 2015
I would not work here again. Safety was a major issue. they would change their "safety absolutes" to work in their advantage.
Solid Company and Work Environment with Growing Equipment Issues
Automation Technologist (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJanuary 24, 2015
Day At Work: Work with the equipment and crews, perform root cause analysis on reliability issues, and try to electrically improve/maintain the plant rolling mills

What You Learned: This was my first job in this field/profession when I graduated from college. I've learned a lot about PLCs, control systems, troubleshooting, process data acquisition software, aluminum alloys, rolling mills, AC/DC motor drives, and more

Management: Solid

Your Co-Workers: My co-workers have been my mentors.

Hardest Part of The Job: Antiquated equipment/equipment approaching obsolescence with little to no spare parts available. No major upgrade plans. On call 24/7

The Best Part of The Job: Working to improve the equipment and see the crews' appreciation
Pros
close to home, well paying, job within my field of study, fantastic health care benefits
Cons
obsolete equipment, no plans for future progression, reoccurring reliability issues, no overtime
Dangerous work environment, but its a great experience
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYDecember 16, 2014
I have learned many different tools and trades in the few months I was there. Great place to work,just keep your head on a swivel when navigating within the plant. I enjoyed learning how machines worked and not just how to fix them,and everyday was different. Some tasks were the same, but everyday you learned something new. Novelis is still expanding with a new contract with Ford. Was a great experience, and I would definitely recommend the job.
Pros
great pay, great people
Cons
dangerous
Micro Managed
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fairmont WVOctober 26, 2014
Was let go for absolutely no reason, nor will they give me one. They withhold union dues although your not actually a union member until 90 days then let you go on your 85th day. Forced into working overtime, no matter what you have going on in your personal life, overall a spineless company to be associated with.. Evidently they do not like people that work hard and show up on time everyday and knowledgeable people that actually do want to work AND WORK SAFELY. This is a prime example of working in some third world sweat shop..
Cons
everything
This place shouldn't be in business
office (Former Employee) –  fairmontOctober 20, 2014
I can't complain about the floor staff they are great to work with. When someone is down and out they have no personal skills (management). Good luck whoever gets the job you need it. Especially when you know six jobs.
Productive and structured workplace
Logistics Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYOctober 15, 2014
Novelis is a wonderful place to work. My typical day is very productive. I work hard and am constantly learning how to do my job better and more efficiently. Management is great! Co-workers are very helpful and trustworthy. The hardest part of my job is trying to knowing when to stop working. I get so wrapped up in what I am doing and trying to meet deadlines, that I forget to pay attention to the time. I definitely keep busy. The most enjoyable part of my job is the pie we eat every once in a while. Everyone loves pie!
Pros
nice desk, newer computers
Cons
contractors are not treated the same as full-time employees
Senior Oracle Consultant
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2014
• Involved in System migration from oracle forms and reports 6i to 10g and also oracle DB migration from oracle 8i to 10g
• Develop Technical Design Document for conversion project.
• Co-ordination with onsite team and mentoring offshore team.
• Involved in entire conversion process right from compilation of all the components and bug fix.
• Co-ordination with SQA and business to address issues raised by them during conversion.
• Testing and fixes needed for the integration of ACIS with other systems during conversion process.
• Support, monitoring and bus fixes for the ACIS application after migration to 10g.
• High level and detailed design documents for new modules needed by ACIS.
• Preparation of database design including different database objects like tables, views, indexes, packages, triggers and sequences.
• Develop and Modify ETL PL/SQL code used in data warehousing.
• Performance Tuning of SQL queries.
• Scheduling and monitoring of batch processes on redwood scheduler.
• Used VSS as a Version Control Tool to maintain the source code

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novelis. Our community is ready to answer.