Novelis Employee Review

Novelis Cover Letter
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Berea, KYJune 4, 2013
During my first year at Novelis, I started my employment with the goal of obtaining general plant and process knowledge. I was fortunate to partner with experienced plant technicians who provided me with hands-on experience and real world knowledge of the operational process. The knowledge that I gained from working with the technicians was invaluable, and could not be achieved in a classroom setting.

Upon establishing a fundamental understanding of the plant and process, I was provided the opportunity to manage increasingly challenging projects and responsibilities. As the project lead to improve the reliability and safety of the plant’s mobile equipment fleet, I gained continued knowledge in reliability engineering in addition to experience in continuous improvement, procurement, finance, and EHS. I have nearly eliminated the plant downtime associated with mobile equipment by introducing a redundant system and engineering for reliability.

During my second year at Novelis, I am faced with ever increasing opportunities and challenges. Currently, I am the project liaison for three major projects during the scheduled 2013 May Annual Outage. These projects include the implementation of new process equipment and dust collection equipment as well as roof replacement. I have worked closely with procurement and accounting to ensure that the purchase orders are sent and funds are paid on time. Also, I have been working with a team to ensure that nothing has been overlooked on the planning schedule so everything will run smoothly during the outage.

Other Novelis Employee Reviews

A Stable Company
Customer Fulfillment Analyst-Can Division (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2017
Very structured work environment. Financially stable company that does not see a lot of layoffs, however, there is not a lot of movement to advance since people sit in roles so long.

Culture is extremely conservative, but dress is casual. I enjoyed the people and learning about the aluminum industry.
Great place to work, fast paced very structured extremely SAFE
Associate Operations Leader - Hot Mill (Current Employee) –  New your, OswegoSeptember 15, 2017
Very SAFETY oriented, continuously training/learning new processes. Great place to work, leadership from bottom up. The company values the employees input.
Pros
Constantly learning.
Cons
can be tough to find a balance at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novelis. Our community is ready to answer.